For those having the backlight wont stay at level 10 bug, try the below solution:

1) set your screen brightness to level 10, and timeout to 1min.
    2) now set your battery saving mode to 'always on'
    3) then, proceed to your screen brightness menu, try to set your timeout time to 1 min. Note that your brightness is still 10.
    4) lastly, switch off your battery saving mode.
    5) reboot.

See if the above works. My screen brightness stayed at 10 even after multiple reboots.
    Last edited by LiteBulb; 03-10-12 at 06:22 PM.
    mssca likes this.
    03-09-12 08:33 PM
    For those having the backling wont stay at level 10 bug, try the below solution:

3) then, proceed to your screen brightness menu, try to set your timeout time to 1 min. Note that your brightness is still 10.
    5) reboot.

See if the above works. My screen brightness stayed at 10 even after multiple reboots.
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. It worked and this will give me a bit of a leg up on battery life.
    03-10-12 10:45 AM
    If I'm on a call and my call waiting hits with a new caller, that new callers name/phone # will stay on my screen as long as I remain on the current call. So, even if I do not answer, the phone screen does not revert back to the name/# for who I'm currently speaking with.

Anyone else see this? I've only experienced this since upgrading to .267.
    03-10-12 02:54 PM
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. It worked and this will give me a bit of a leg up on battery life.
    congratz
    03-10-12 06:23 PM
    As I try to update my bold9900 from DM in Mac I get an error after a minute or so saying "update failed because device was disconnected. Reconnect and try again." I have latest DM and lock screen is off on my bb. Anyone know why this happens? I tried calling Telus but they cant help me because I have a Mac.

Looks like it gets stuck while backing up once it gets to "Social Feeds".
    Last edited by stacym75; 03-10-12 at 07:31 PM.
    03-10-12 06:46 PM
    For those having the backlight wont stay at level 10 bug, try the below solution:

5) reboot.

Thanks for this workaround. It does work ...

But I want to set my Timeout to 30 sec. How do I do that ?

Can I follow the process (1) to (5) BUT with timeout in (1) at 30 sec and again the same for (4) ?
    rbwalton likes this.
    03-11-12 03:45 PM
    Could just be me, but on previous builds going back to the early 7.0 ones I have always had 5 bars of 3G at home.

With this build I only have 4 bars.

Maybe just a coincidence, maybe not. I will keep an eye on things and update.

Anyone else noticed weaker signal since install ???
    Yes, I noticed the signal reduction as well. I'll give it a couple of days to see how it handles.
    ~ecm
    03-11-12 06:36 PM
    I loved loved loved this os when I first loaded it. I was staying around 1% on idle. After a week or so without adding any other new apps it shot up to 10-11% discharge rate. I ended up going back to 440 for the time being.

I was so excited for the 1st week and then let down. Haha

Guess ill wait for the next os or this to be official.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 12:25 AM
    I am a T-Mobile BB 9900 owner and I just installed the new OS 7.1.0.267
    Everything works fine but for some reason I couldn't get BB Protect to work on the device.
    It saying "the device does not have service plan". Well it worked before I switched to OS 7.1 and I am not on BES?

Any advice??

Thanks!!!
    03-12-12 01:53 AM
    Thanks for this workaround. It does work ...

But I want to set my Timeout to 30 sec. How do I do that ?

Can I follow the process (1) to (5) BUT with timeout in (1) at 30 sec and again the same for (4) ?
    I think u can. In fact, the timeout could be of any value.
    03-12-12 02:33 AM
    Yes, I noticed the signal reduction as well. I'll give it a couple of days to see how it handles.
    ~ecm
    Way to go, my signal returned to normal levels after a couple of days as did battery life.

Seems that this one does take a little time to settle in.
    03-12-12 03:57 AM
    Everything works fine but for some reason I couldn't get BB Protect to work on the device.
    It saying "the device does not have service plan". Well it worked before I switched to OS 7.1 and I am not on BES?

Any advice??

Thanks!!!
    I have the same problem, it happens on the ebay app as well. So far I haven't found a solution yet but maybe someone here has. I've tried multiple battery pulls, re-installing the apps, re-sending the service books, replacing my sim card(I never inserted the new sim card that came with my 9900, I just put in the one from my 9700 in case anyone was wondering) since I found some old threads about bb protect not working back when it was new and several folks found a fix by replacing the sim. Down grading the OS was my next step unless someone has a better suggestion.
    03-13-12 12:23 AM
    I think u can. In fact, the timeout could be of any value.
    I set the timeout is 20s (blacklight brightness is 10) but after I reset device, the timeout goes back to 30s always
    Last edited by tarmpung; 03-13-12 at 01:08 PM.
    03-13-12 01:05 PM
    I set the timeout is 20s (blacklight brightness is 10) but after I reset device, the timeout goes back to 30s always
    Here is how you fix it; http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ml#post7221741
    03-13-12 04:47 PM
    My brightness settings was solved by a battery pull... Set the settings you want, then pull the battery out and reboot

- Charles
    03-13-12 08:06 PM
    .284 is available for download on T-Mobile's site here - now.

FileDownload
    03-13-12 09:09 PM
    .284 is available for download on T-Mobile's site here - now.

FileDownload
    Is it on t-mobile's website and the crackberry blogs? That site doesn't look like t-mobile's.
    03-13-12 09:16 PM
    Is it on t-mobile's website and the crackberry blogs? That site doesn't look like t-mobile's.
    I was skeptical also, but it's legitimate. If you go to tmobile.com/bbupgrade and choose the Bold 9900 it links to the same place (You'll need a t-mobile number to access).
    03-14-12 05:29 PM
    This 7.1 OS is what should have came stock with the phone...

Performance and battery life bumped up significantly !

VM
    03-14-12 06:12 PM

Any advice??

Thanks!!!
    I had this issue on one of the older leaks. The problem came from updating BB Protect to a newer version than the one installed with the OS. Drove me nuts, I wanted to choke the **** out of somebody. Finally I uninstalled Protect altogether, did a restart (alt-shift-del) cleaned out the browser and ran the memory cleaner, and installed the newest version. Started working again. I'm sure AppWorld has it or you can go to mobile.blackberry.com and do a simple OTA download.

Since your having issues I would just go to the link and skip AppWorld so you don't have any unnecessary apps running in the background.

I hope you get it working!
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-14-12 at 09:08 PM.
    03-14-12 09:02 PM
    I loved loved loved this os when I first loaded it. I was staying around 1% on idle. After a week or so without adding any other new apps it shot up to 10-11% discharge rate. I ended up going back to 440 for the time being.

I was so excited for the 1st week and then let down. Haha

Guess ill wait for the next os or this to be official.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    same here, but ever since i installed it, i never gotten the 1% discharge rate that people got. it was always around 5%-8% discharge rate, must be the apps that i am using.
    03-15-12 10:15 PM
    Instead of going all the way back to .440, have you tried .205? I get pretty good battery life out of it, and it runs (for me at least) better than the .0 OSes ever did.
    03-16-12 12:45 AM
    not sure if it's the os or my phone but I keep getting media errors/lags and resets at least once a day now.
    03-17-12 10:22 AM
    not sure if it's the os or my phone but I keep getting media errors/lags and resets at least once a day now.
    Give the .284 a try, may have ironed out some bugs.

Running fine for me.

Besides, what better way to spend a bit of the weekend than messing with an OS !!!

9900 - 7.1.0.284 - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums
    03-17-12 10:34 AM
    Thanks but I'm just wondering if it's the OS itself or do I have to return my phone.
    03-17-12 10:38 AM
818 ... 30313233
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD