hey, i am trying to install Official OS 7.1.0.267 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from SK Telecom on my Rogers 9900.
    i deleted the vendor file and installed the software on my pc but when i run the app loader 7.1 does not even come up as an option to install.

what am i doing wrong???
    Step three is what you should look at. You probably have a second vendor file to delete. This has if you have Windows 64 bit.

1. If you have a Windows PC, change your folders option to show hidden files/folders
    2. Then go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file.
    3. IF you happen to have Windows 64 bit, go here as well: C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML and elete that vendor file as well.
    M.T.K. likes this.
    03-06-12 10:26 AM
    Step three is what you should look at. You probably have a second vendor file to delete. This has if you have Windows 64 bit.

1. If you have a Windows PC, change your folders option to show hidden files/folders
    2. Then go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file.
    3. IF you happen to have Windows 64 bit, go here as well: C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML and elete that vendor file as well.
    i do have 64bit windows 7. thank you so much i will go home and try this tonight.
    03-06-12 10:33 AM
    i do have 64bit windows 7. thank you so much i will go home and try this tonight.
    No problem... reply here or PM me if you have any troubles. I'm always stalking the forums, Crackberry needs to get a restraining order against me.
    M.T.K. likes this.
    03-06-12 10:46 AM
    If in any doubt do a search for Vendor.xml but be sure to set search option to search for hidden files.
    M.T.K. likes this.
    03-06-12 10:50 AM
    It's only the first day for me, but battery life is AWFUL...I already deleted a whole whack of apps before I loaded .267 but its still dreadful
    I unplugged it at 11am, and now its 9pm and its warning me already...and I've barely used it, only a few whatsapp messages and about 10 emails in total...about 10% discharge rate

On the previous 7.1 releases my discharge rate was around 5-6%

I hope it takes time to settle in (but the previous 7.1 didnt require a settle in period either)...

And battery saving mode is already turned on
    03-06-12 03:14 PM
    It's only the first day for me, but battery life is AWFUL...I already deleted a whole whack of apps before I loaded .267 but its still dreadful
    I unplugged it at 11am, and now its 9pm and its warning me already...and I've barely used it, only a few whatsapp messages and about 10 emails in total...about 10% discharge rate

On the previous 7.1 releases my discharge rate was around 5-6%

I hope it takes time to settle in (but the previous 7.1 didnt require a settle in period either)...

And battery saving mode is already turned on
    I found that this OS did take a few days to settle in, something that I had not experienced with previous builds. Initially signal strength was a little weaker than .205 too but that also settled down.

When it did settle I found battery life to be same as .205.

I can't see in diffarence with battery saving off or on !
    03-06-12 03:32 PM
    I don't understand why some are having trouble dl this update. I m lucky i didn't have any problem at all. I have bold 9930 ( sprint ) and it took about 2 hours to complete it. I did it last night, next morning i all i have to do was to sign on some of my social apps i have, then im back to business. There was some lag. Sorry but after i deleted thecrackberry wallpaper app i have. It run smooth again. When dl it s going to ask you to delete some apps you don't really use.

I noticed on the update, the awesome battery life mode, that kevin was talking about before. Under set up/option & device. I haven't check anything else yet. Might be small update,but for sure a reliable upgrade... Rim is getting better and better...thanks rim
    03-06-12 03:42 PM
    I don't understand why some are having trouble dl thisupdate. I m lucky i didn't have any problem at all. I have bold 9930 ( sprint ) and it took about 2 hours to complete it.
    Maybe because this is the 9900 thread !!!
    03-06-12 03:45 PM
    If you want to improve battery life, enable the auto dimming feature and leave the backlight at 10%. Auto dimming will make a huge difference.
    03-06-12 04:59 PM
    Some days I get awful battery and some days great. I started to run the monitor and then when bad I look to what is soaking up the CPU. The worst culprit was weathertrax which clearly was going into a loop and hogging CPU. I deleted it and do the same for any misbehaving apps. With 267 I've been genuinely surprised (positively) on battery life and you can't blame RIM for badly written apps that loop.
    03-06-12 05:17 PM
    If you want to improve battery life, enable the auto dimming feature and leave the backlight at 10%. Auto dimming will make a huge difference.
    Where can I find , this auto dimming setting ? Thanks

Found it, thanks any way.
    03-07-12 04:41 AM
    I've had very strange experiences with this build. In the states on an ATT SIM card I was getting fairly decent (3-5%/hr) battery life on my 9900. In the UK on my vodaphone SIM I am getting 10%+/hr decline, sometimes more. I haven't changed what apps I have installed and my usage is comparable for each region. No clue why I get such terrible battery life in the UK :/

hopefully we get another build soon that doesn't sap the battery on this otherwise great phone
    03-07-12 07:04 PM
    I've had very strange experiences with this build. In the states on an ATT SIM card I was getting fairly decent (3-5%/hr) battery life on my 9900. In the UK on my vodaphone SIM I am getting 10%+/hr decline, sometimes more. I haven't changed what apps I have installed and my usage is comparable for each region. No clue why I get such terrible battery life in the UK :/

hopefully we get another build soon that doesn't sap the battery on this otherwise great phone
    Reception is a huge factor

When I'm in the UK, on 3G on 7.1.205 I was getting 6-7% discharge rate
    And when I was in Canada on Rogers, I got 4-5% discharge rate on similar amount of usage
    03-07-12 07:53 PM
    Does anyone have their wifi turn on automatically? I turn it off and it turns itself back on in a while.
    03-07-12 08:34 PM
    It even better with .284 hybrid!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-08-12 09:20 AM

Click to view quoted image

Even better in what respect ???
    03-08-12 09:58 AM
    Even better in what respect ???
    what respect?

For me, the .284 better in locking network and battery drain.

And it much smoother then .264.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-09-12 01:05 AM
    what respect?

For me, the .284 better in locking network and battery drain.

And it much smoother then .264.
    Could not find any posts for this leaked .284 , can you point out ? Thanks
    03-09-12 06:14 AM
    The full leaked OS is not available to download, just the Java and radio file.

There is a thread in the Hybrid OS Forum with a link.

Phill_UK advises to paste into base .267 OS file.
    03-09-12 06:58 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...29#post7216329

just follow the instruction. Thank to Lyricidal for the leak and instruction.
    03-09-12 07:03 AM

Nashsha, the .284 java Beta Zone for 9000 isn't a hybrid, it's a complete set of Java files and SFI/Radio file. It's a hybrid for other devices (9810/9850/9860). since they only use the 9000 java files, and they have to use their own .267 or .258 SFI/Radio file.
    Last edited by Sator; 03-09-12 at 07:48 AM.
    03-09-12 07:44 AM
    I came across an error today. For some reason when I try to call my mom and then dad, I couldn't hear anything. Apparently they can hear everything which is wired because I thought the call was never connected at the first place. (There is not even a ring tone or a dial tone)

I did a soft reboot and try to call my dad again and this time I could hear the phone rings and everything is OK. Anyone here has experience this issues yet? I had this OS since it was released minus a week.
    03-09-12 01:58 PM

This may be due to the reception of the mobile network signal. Depend on the signal strength and the type of signal, the battery may drain faster. For example, if you are in a weak signal area with 3.5G (H+) or 4G network, the battery will drain faster than when you are in a strong signal area with the same network or 2G network.
    03-09-12 02:03 PM
    Nashsha, the .284 java Beta Zone for 9000 isn't a hybrid, it's a complete set of Java files and SFI/Radio file. It's a hybrid for other devices (9810/9850/9860). since they only use the 9000 java files, and they have to use their own .267 or .258 SFI/Radio file.
    Ohh sorry for the mistake.
    03-09-12 05:38 PM
    I haven't found any messages about this so I will throw it out there.

Just updated my 9900 to 7.1.0.267.

My Blackberry Maps says that there is insufficient network coverage to work, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but the browser tells me that my phone is insufficient to support Blackberry Maps.

I'm sick of the Google search results showing up in BB Maps anyway so I decided to switch to Google Maps. But that gets stuck on "loading" the terms and conditions so I never get the "Accept" option--only the "Decline" one.

So I am without any mapping on my cherished BB 9900. Can anyone confirm that there is a problem with these apps or is it just my phone?

Also, any ideas on how to reinstall BB Maps? I suppose I could reload the CODs but I downloaded the device software at work and don't have it at home....guess I need to d/l it here.

Thanks in advance....
    03-09-12 08:04 PM
818 ... 2930313233
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD