Finally managed to get the media server working.

Have to access it through windows media Center on my xbox and my PC. Can also use window media player on the PC as well.

What is interesting is on my wifes Galaxy S2, the DLNA apps on that allow you to view files on your device from your PC or my Blackberry.

I had her device watching one of my vids on my 9900. Took about 10sec to setup.

Hopefully future 7.1 builds will be as easy as it is on android.

Pulled from my brain via my 9900 keyboard.
    03-03-12 04:02 PM
    I'm sure I've asked this before but I'm seriously thinking of installing this latest 7.1 leak on my bold 9900 vodafone uk but will I be able to download and install the official update once vodafone uk push out the official update even if I install the leaked version?
    Go for it.

The official release if it comes, will be exactly the same as this, all Vodafone do is approve it and add any Vodafone apps to it.

Pulled from my brain via my 9900 keyboard.
    03-03-12 04:05 PM
    Got my OS 7.1 (.267) working thanks to all! But are things I noticed after using my 9900.. There is no difference with the battery.. also, the video camera is not saving when im in HD mode.. it keeps on saying unexpected blah3x file can not be saved.. Considering this is 1 of the best features of 9900, i don't know why this is happening Do you guys encounter this as well after using .267? Really need your help.. Thanks in advance!!
    Run the "Repair" routine on your built-in memory and also on your memory card. Re-start the phone.

Options/Device/Storage/BB-Menu/Repair
    03-03-12 10:27 PM
    Does anyone else have any problems with this file? Ive done countless updates to my nurmerous bb's but i can't get this update to load. I've nuked my 9900 twice, both times i've brought it back to life with 540 file and apploader but i can't understand why this wont work. I updated to the previous 7.1 file fine....

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks
    I can't remember how bit the installer is supposed to be but I ended up downloading some corrupt installers before I got one to work. Also if you have recently updated BBDM than there will be a second vendor.xml file you will need to locate and delete.
    03-03-12 10:31 PM
    I found out that when I update the BBM .. main screen got blacked out!!
    03-03-12 11:24 PM
    To update...... Or not to update..... THIS...... Is the question..... I'm so happy on 205, but newer IS better, right? Camaaan!! Someone re-assure me. I love this place :-)
    03-04-12 06:25 AM
    To update...... Or not to update..... THIS...... Is the question..... I'm so happy on 205, but newer IS better, right? Camaaan!! Someone re-assure me. I love this place :-)
    If you are happy witn .205 I'd stick with it for now.

.307 is rumoured to be just around the corner !!!
    03-04-12 07:13 AM
    hi there i am running for a few days now and i am quite happy with battery life, what i cant figure out is that in device analyzer under battery tests i enabled drain test, how do i stop it? don't see any option!!?? also what exactally am i looking for there?
    03-04-12 08:21 AM

cool. Thank-You
    03-04-12 04:06 PM
    Is it doing this when Battery Saving Mode kicks in at the percentage you set it at?
    Hey,
    No, i am not using battery saver mode.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-04-12 08:23 PM
    Finally took the plunge and updated saturday. The OS is snappy, more than 7.0 the battery life seems a little better. Been running analyzer for about 24hrs, ~5-6% with light use, no calls just bbm and data use. Although it is much better I still plan to buy a 2nd battery with y cable
    03-05-12 02:22 AM
    Has anyone had any issues with the music quality coming out of the headphones? I notice a big reduction in bass after resuming a song that's on pause. Treble increases a lot also. Already batt pulled a few times. I always have to stop the whole song and start again for it to go back to normal. I did a wipe and install of this OS also. Haven't come across this issue in previous 7.1 leaks. I would have noticed low bass.

Currently tested on both blackberry premium media headphones and my orange beats by dre studios. Studios reppin the crackberry sticker on em
    03-05-12 06:46 AM
    Has anyone had any issues with the music quality coming out of the headphones? I notice a big reduction in bass after resuming a song that's on pause. Treble increases a lot also. Already batt pulled a few times. I always have to stop the whole song and start again for it to go back to normal. I did a wipe and install of this OS also. Haven't come across this issue in previous 7.1 leaks. I would have noticed low bass.

Currently tested on both blackberry premium media headphones and my orange beats by dre studios. Studios reppin the crackberry sticker on em
    Yeah, I have the exact same issue, when I use the mid button on the side, the treble becomes too damn high. I've used different earphones. And my backlight timeout sets itself to 20 seconds automatically. I set it back to 10 second but it turns 20 over again.
    03-05-12 02:23 PM
    I own an unbranded bold 9900 my question is if I don't install a leaked or an official carrier(at&t, Sk,bell etc...) Version, will I ever get OS 7.1 pushed to my phone?

Plz reply me thanks alot
    03-05-12 02:36 PM
    I own an unbranded bold 9900 my question is if I don't install a leaked or an official carrier(at&t, Sk,bell etc...) Version, will I ever get OS 7.1 pushed to my phone?

Plz reply me thanks alot
    Doesn't matter if it's unbranded, you can use any OS from any carrier (carriers support OS's labeled as official) or any leaked. You shouldn't have to worry.
    03-05-12 02:38 PM
    Obviously. But I didn't expect it to die within 7 hours. 15 minutes of hotspot within a 7-hr timeframe. It's not like I left the hotspot on for hours.
    are you using 3G? If I turn mine to 2G I can have it for 24hours. If your network is very good, you can leave it on 3G, but if the network is so-so, it is going to run crazy to find the reception. Also, i think the Blackberry Protect is using the battery quite a lot (to be confirmed though)
    03-05-12 04:44 PM
    Finally an Official 7.1 OS for the 9900. But when I was about to download the OS from the SK carrier, the language is Korean (Asia or All Languages) package.

소프트웨어 이름: BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.921 (All Languages)
    파일 이름: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel921_PL5.1.0.230_A7.1.0.26 7_SK_Telecom__.exe
    다운로드 크기: 261 MB
    언어: Korean
    게시 날짜: 03/05/2012

Anyone tried to download the OS and installed it? I'm worrying about the language/characters that might come out on my phone. Thanks
    03-05-12 05:19 PM
    Is anyone going to upload a link for the Tmobile beta that was released today for OS 7.1.0.284? I'm on Tmobile but was not one of the selected few who got the beta link.
    03-05-12 06:29 PM
    Finally an Official 7.1 OS for the 9900. But when I was about to download the OS from the SK carrier, the language is Korean (Asia or All Languages) package.

소프트웨어 이름: BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.921 (All Languages)
    파일 이름: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel921_PL5.1.0.230_A7.1.0.26 7_SK_Telecom__.exe
    다운로드 크기: 261 MB
    언어: Korean
    게시 날짜: 03/05/2012

Anyone tried to download the OS and installed it? I'm worrying about the language/characters that might come out on my phone. Thanks
    No worries. The OS lets you choose languages during install just like usual.
    03-05-12 08:15 PM

Where did you hear .307 is going to be leaked soon? Didn't tmobile just go into beta for .284? And if it is what's new with it if you know
    03-05-12 09:02 PM
    No worries. The OS lets you choose languages during install just like usual.
    Cool. I already forgot about that, been quite a while since I updated my OS. Thanks!
    03-05-12 09:22 PM
    Where did you hear .307 is going to be leaked soon? Didn't tmobile just go into beta for .284? And if it is what's new with it if you know
    "Am told Leak 7.1.0.303 to be out very soon - so do standby !!"

This was posted by audio_engr on 3rd Feb in the 9900 forum
    03-06-12 03:35 AM
    03-06-12 04:52 AM
    hey, i am trying to install Official OS 7.1.0.267 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from SK Telecom on my Rogers 9900.
    i deleted the vendor file and installed the software on my pc but when i run the app loader 7.1 does not even come up as an option to install.

what am i doing wrong???
    03-06-12 10:17 AM
    hey, i am trying to install Official OS 7.1.0.267 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900 from SK Telecom on my Rogers 9900.
    i deleted the vendor file and installed the software on my pc but when i run the app loader 7.1 does not even come up as an option to install.

what am i doing wrong???
    Not deleting the 2nd Vendor file more than likely.
    M.T.K. likes this.
    03-06-12 10:24 AM
818 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD