No BBM no party

Oh btw Whats up requires a full BIS data plan to be able to run.
    Last edited by albertinik; 03-02-12 at 11:45 AM.
    03-02-12 11:43 AM
    That's weird, i don't have BIS yet, why is Whatsapp working for me?
    03-02-12 12:13 PM
    That's weird, i don't have BIS yet, why is Whatsapp working for me?
    You might have it... your IT policy may not have blocked it. Can you add a BIS email account?
    03-02-12 12:19 PM
    No I really don't
    Just checked it, I can't use the twitter, bb app world or facebook app unless I have WIFI on.
    03-02-12 02:33 PM
    No I really don't
    Just checked it, I can't use the twitter, bb app world or facebook app unless I have WIFI on.
    No data plan (works by chance on wifi IF you have service books left over) or IT policy lock out sucks.
    03-02-12 02:41 PM
    I do have a normal internet acces with 1gb memory but I don't have BIS, that's what I'm trying to say
    03-02-12 03:17 PM
    I do have a normal internet acces with 1gb memory but I don't have BIS, that's what I'm trying to say
    Ahh, what is your primary driver? Guessing it's non-blackberry (there are forum members who use both or all three)

I do know apple's phones work with BIS data (try it with a microSIM adaptor after cutting yours smaller) from the last time I tried it.

1GB bandwidth is good enough if you don't stream media. You're missing out on e-mail and BBM.
    03-02-12 03:24 PM
    Sorry to break the flow of the converstion but how in the blue do you get DLNA to work on a xbox 360.

Media sharing is turned on and 9900 can see the xbox and my PC but my xbox doesn't see the bold. My xbox is up to date

Check all video and music tabs and device just doesn't show.

Help.

Pulled from my brain via my 9900 keyboard.
    03-02-12 03:32 PM
    Sorry to break the flow of the converstion but how in the blue do you get DLNA to work on a xbox 360.

Media sharing is turned on and 9900 can see the xbox and my PC but my xbox doesn't see the bold. My xbox is up to date

Check all video and music tabs and device just doesn't show.

Help.

Try starting the DLNA again and see if that helps. Or reboot the xbox (unplug, plug back in, hit power button, or the reset button at the back, or reset hole).
    03-02-12 03:36 PM
    Ahh, what is your primary driver? Guessing it's non-blackberry (there are forum members who use both or all three)

I do know apple's phones work with BIS data (try it with a microSIM adaptor after cutting yours smaller) from the last time I tried it.

1GB bandwidth is good enough if you don't stream media. You're missing out on e-mail and BBM.
    Don't worry brian, i did want to have BIS but the seller just forgot to include it

If everything goes correctly, I should have BIS in 1 April I hope the battery doesn't drain even quicker when I have BIS.

Should I ask for a replacement battery for my 9900?
    03-02-12 04:19 PM
    anyone can help? I got black screen after upgrading but I can navigate through quick lunch?
    03-02-12 04:31 PM
    Don't worry brian, i did want to have BIS but the seller just forgot to include it

If everything goes correctly, I should have BIS in 1 April I hope the battery doesn't drain even quicker when I have BIS.

Should I ask for a replacement battery for my 9900?
    An extra battery wouldn't harm anything.
    Be sure once you do get the extra one, to grab one of those bold 9000/9700 universal MS1 chargers that just need the pins bent 1mm to the left. $2.82 is all they cost and work quite well. Even though it takes almost 8 hours to charge the battery, it doesn't pull any tricks.
    03-02-12 04:42 PM
    anyone can help? I got black screen after upgrading but I can navigate through quick lunch?
    Reload the OS. If it doesn't work, then likely the screen is bad. If you pull the battery, does the blackberry logo appear when it boots?
    03-02-12 04:45 PM
    Reload the OS. If it doesn't work, then likely the screen is bad. If you pull the battery, does the blackberry logo appear when it boots?
    Yes it dose, I tried to downgrade to official release it worked fine
    03-02-12 04:49 PM
    Yes it dose, I tried to downgrade to official release it worked fine
    Okay, so either downgrade or wipe and reload 7.1.0.267.
    03-02-12 04:51 PM
    Okay, so either downgrade or wipe and reload 7.1.0.267.
    tried to reload 3times, I think i will go back to 7.0
    03-02-12 04:58 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with wi-fi. Since the last 2 days I've noticed that after a short period of timesince you connected, the connection just hangs and I have to turn the wi-fi off and back on again for it to connect again.
    03-02-12 05:22 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with wi-fi. Since the last 2 days I've noticed that after a short period of timesince you connected, the connection just hangs and I have to turn the wi-fi off and back on again for it to connect again.
    Is it doing this when Battery Saving Mode kicks in at the percentage you set it at?
    03-02-12 05:33 PM
    Try starting the DLNA again and see if that helps. Or reboot the xbox (unplug, plug back in, hit power button, or the reset button at the back, or reset hole).
    Tried all that and still no luck.

My wives Galaxy 2 can stream from my blackberry via dlna fine. The xbox doesn't find here galaxy 2 either.

Me thinks the xbox isn't right.

Where is my hammer to smash the out of said Microsoft nonsense.

03-02-12 06:08 PM
    An extra battery wouldn't harm anything.
    Be sure once you do get the extra one, to grab one of those bold 9000/9700 universal MS1 chargers that just need the pins bent 1mm to the left. $2.82 is all they cost and work quite well. Even though it takes almost 8 hours to charge the battery, it doesn't pull any tricks.
    It isn't an extra battery, just a replacement for my current one.
    Do you think it's necessay?
    03-02-12 06:33 PM
    Do you think it's necessay?
    Completely unnecessary!
    03-02-12 06:49 PM
    This Update is the best one so Far !, i was getting 10% Hour for Battery now i get 5-6% !

The only problem i'm facing i See BBM Messages are so Slow ? it took me more kinda of a min to PING myself !

i don't if this was the update problem or my network, but im getting lots of network drops on 2G network !
    03-03-12 07:01 AM
    Got my OS 7.1 (.267) working thanks to all! But are things I noticed after using my 9900.. There is no difference with the battery.. also, the video camera is not saving when im in HD mode.. it keeps on saying unexpected blah3x file can not be saved.. Considering this is 1 of the best features of 9900, i don't know why this is happening Do you guys encounter this as well after using .267? Really need your help.. Thanks in advance!!
    03-03-12 09:56 AM
    Does anyone else have any problems with this file? Ive done countless updates to my nurmerous bb's but i can't get this update to load. I've nuked my 9900 twice, both times i've brought it back to life with 540 file and apploader but i can't understand why this wont work. I updated to the previous 7.1 file fine....

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks
    03-03-12 03:09 PM
    I'm sure I've asked this before but I'm seriously thinking of installing this latest 7.1 leak on my bold 9900 vodafone uk but will I be able to download and install the official update once vodafone uk push out the official update even if I install the leaked version?
    03-03-12 03:49 PM
818 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD