Perhaps a silly question, but can anyone show me where I can access the power saver option setting? I've managed to find the media server and blackberry tag option, but so far have been less 'lucky' with the power saver option, while this option is of most interest to me.

Thanks in advance!
    Just start typing out on the home screen (Universal Search). In my case, I type out 'Batte' and then click on the Spanner icon (options). Takes me straight to the Battery Saving Mode Option.

Not really sure if it does much.
    02-21-12 11:11 PM
    ok.. here comes.. the lock option for bb with password does not seem to work in the new build for me.. neither does the application which locks specific app does.. is anyone else facing this issue,..
    Working fine for me.
    02-21-12 11:24 PM
    I've found a pretty serious bug with media player volume setting: If I pause the music playback, then start again, the volume will be full scale, no matter what was the previous setting.

This alone makes this OS a nogo, I wouldn't risk my hearing for a tad better battery life and/or a buggy DLNA function.
    Works right for me. Tried it with Pause and Play. Stop and Play. Next Song. Previous Song.

The volume remains at the same level I have set it at. - does not revert to full scale.
    I even repeated this with different volume levels.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 02-22-12 at 03:29 AM.
    02-21-12 11:35 PM
    I have a bug with miss calls. When someone miss calls you and you select "View" by pressing enter it doesn't open. However, touching the "View" with touch screen works.

Can anyone confirm?
    Tried. The enter key doesn't work. .
    I have always used the Track-pad to view and that seems to be working just fine for me.
    02-21-12 11:41 PM
    This is awkward. Did anyone else's Battery Saving Mode feature disappear? I remember setting it before when I first downloaded it but now it's gone.
    02-21-12 11:45 PM
    I have stopped trying out BB Protect on my BlackBerry. The app installs and starts up just fine. Then I keep getting a message that my network services doesn't support the app (go figure).

Also - ever since I got my 9900, haven't been able to install BlackBerry Travel. Even when I do get it on the direct link or try installing using the alx file (through DM) - it says the app is NOT COMPATIBLE with my device.

Couldn't figure it out. Still haven't. Just stopped trying.
    What country are you in and what carrier do you use?
    02-22-12 12:46 AM
    Just installed today, no issues found. Will find out how batt life really is in due time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 01:09 AM
    Antair CallScreener <~ Permis set to All
    Antair SpamFilter <~ Permis set to All
    Berry Weather
    Blackberry Maps
    Blackberry Protect
    Blackberry Travel
    Blackberry Traffic
    Documents to Go
    Facebook <~> Updates every 2 hours
    Memopad
    Pandora
    Password Keeper
    Photo Studio PRO <~ Permis set to All
    Player for YouTube PRO
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch v4.2 <~ Permis set to All
    Radical Draw with Photo Editing
    SmartWiFi <~ Permis set to All
    Social Feeds
    Speedometer
    Twitter <~> Updates every 2 hours
    Units by Bulbera
    Visual Voice Mail
    Wikipedia

I also removed the AT&T Address Book from the phone since its a PITA.

Free Apps will almost always bone you in the bung. Themes? On an OS7 device??? Bend over.
    Thanks for that. I think the new Whatsapp beta is causing my 2.5%-3% BDR. Still good enough compared to the stock OS.
    02-22-12 01:28 AM
    What country are you in and what carrier do you use?
    Country - Kuwait
    Carrier - Zain
    02-22-12 03:27 AM
    I've had this installed for a few days now. Very good but also has a few bugs in it. A word of warning as well it has taken a good couple of days for my 9900 to settle down and be consistant with battery drain etc. It usually only takes my 9900 a day and half a dozen reboots to do this so you have been warned! Battery life and signal is now great though!
    02-22-12 05:52 AM
    Thanks for that. I think the new Whatsapp beta is causing my 2.5%-3% BDR. Still good enough compared to the stock OS.
    No sweat Boss. I hope you get it figured out.
    02-22-12 07:13 AM
    A word of warning as well it has taken a good couple of days for my 9900 to settle down and be consistant with battery drain etc. It usually only takes my 9900 a day and half a dozen reboots to do this so you have been warned! Battery life and signal is now great though!
    Same here. Battery life was not so good the first couple of days but now it seems to have stabilized and I'm getting comparable, if not better, battery life to .205.
    02-22-12 07:30 AM
    What's everyones thoughts on battery saver mode some people have always on some have always off??? Opinions please...
    02-22-12 08:34 AM
    What's everyones thoughts on battery saver mode some people have always on some have always off??? Opinions please...
    I leave mine on at 30% and it really helps. Sometimes it doesn't if I'm using an intensive app and browsing. HD video makes no difference when recording.
    02-22-12 08:35 AM
    I have asked this question an a couple of threads but no one seems to have an answer.

Have tried it always on and always off and to be honest could not tell the defference !!!
    02-22-12 10:01 AM
    I have battery saving mode on all the time. Tried it without, doesn't make a massive amount of difference tbh.

Saves about 0.5% an hour.

Does anyone know what it actually does, apart from dim the screen? I have mine set to 10 anyway.
    02-22-12 10:25 AM
    I had it lock up my phone a couple of times. Never happens when its turned off. Could be an incompatibility issue as I have the the Betas from BB. My hunch is it happens when you have a lot of stuff going on at once. My battery life on this build is fantastic though so I don't feel like I am missing anything by not using it.
    02-22-12 05:36 PM
    The first day my battery life was AMAZING! 4th day and its back to normal. I think I might have a bad battery, my location GPS is off, and batery saver is always on. I'm stumped, don't know what the issue is.

Would shrinking my OS help?
    02-22-12 06:57 PM
    I had to revert back to .205 version as i have a few issues:-

- apps like extra keys, restartme dont work.
    - display settings resets itself after every reboot

I'm back to .205 which thus far, didnt give me problems.
    02-22-12 08:05 PM
    For the Tmobile users, is the hotspot free? I'm using the .74 leak because I like the free hotspot. Bridge doesn't work with this leak though.
    02-22-12 11:13 PM
    The first day my battery life was AMAZING! 4th day and its back to normal. I think I might have a bad battery, my location GPS is off, and batery saver is always on. I'm stumped, don't know what the issue is.

Would shrinking my OS help?
    Don't think shrinking would make it a difference.
    Last edited by byul; 02-22-12 at 11:37 PM.
    02-22-12 11:19 PM
    hi,can anyone try this ?

i del my brightness to 10 and screen timeout to 20 sec
    but every time after a battery pull
    it always revert back to the original state, brightness 70, time out 30sec
    I've tried this on 2 9900 and both behave the same
    is this because of the battery saving features ?
    02-22-12 11:34 PM
    Attention!
    I tried to add a signature for my Gmail account and it did not work. Every test email that I've sent to myself has some ed up invisible signature that, in the Gmail website, appears as a show-hide toggle button at the bottom of the message which says "Show trimmed content".
    Shouldn't it just be text at the bottom of the message?!
    02-22-12 11:36 PM
    hi,can anyone try this ?

Set it to 20...seems to be a bug where every time you set it to 10 it reverts to 70...but setting it as 20 works.
    02-23-12 12:25 AM
    hi,can anyone try this ?

Tried.
    Before Battery Pull -
    Brightness - 10
    Timeout - 20 sec.

Post Battery Pull -
    Brightness - 10
    Timeout - 20 sec.

Battery Saving Mode
    Start when battery power is at or drops below - Always on

I would put up screenshots but that wouldn't help prove anything. Have better things to do with my time than put up a video just to prove that the settings didn't revert.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 02-23-12 at 02:01 AM.
    02-23-12 01:57 AM
818 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD