Worst OS yet!

1. Battery drains more than it ever did before.

2. Trackpad ONLY works on the homescreen, nowhere else.

3. Buttons don't press down always, the alt button doesn't work, I can't type numbers or get symbols, without pressing the sym key.

There is more likely more but this is all I have found so far...

Going to downgrade as soon as!
    02-21-12 12:39 PM
    Worst OS yet!

3. Buttons don't press down always, the alt button doesn't work, I can't type numbers or get symbols, without pressing the sym key.

Try battery pull first and see if resolves the problems. If not, you may try reinstallation. I found this OS working perfectly fine for me so far. Battery Life initially drained 6-7% but now settled between 2.93% - 3.5%.
    02-21-12 01:24 PM
    Is this the latest leak for os7.1??
    Yes it is and better than previous versions.
    02-21-12 01:26 PM
    And do I have to delete this vendor file I've been hearing to delete or is it a simple update by downloading the file and then installing the update through bb dm??
    02-21-12 01:32 PM
    this version, just like every single version 7.1 eats my battery while the phone is off for the night with the alarm on.
    When the alarm kicks, i have only 88% battery left.
    Just leave it on the charger overnight......then it's at 100 when you wake up.

It won't harm the battery, in fact, lithium batteries like to be topped off.
    02-21-12 03:10 PM
    Worst OS yet!

To me this is completely other way around. The best battery life ever with great performance on browser.
    02-21-12 03:20 PM
    Worst OS yet!

Do your own homegrown ganja?
    02-21-12 03:35 PM
    Worst OS yet!

Do your homegrown ganja?
    02-21-12 03:36 PM
    Just getting ready to charge my 9900 for the 2nd time today! Off charge at 7.30am back on charge at 3.00pm now on charge again all settings changed so it performs like a �15 nokia from asda I must be doin summat wrong here starting to think this is worst bb I have had!
    02-21-12 03:58 PM
    Worst OS yet!

WiFi & Cellular ON
    Not Locked
    SmartWiFi running ine the background
    0.94 per hr no usage 1.47 with usage

Like I've said before, its your Install Method, Settings, Apps, or User Error.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-21-12 at 04:47 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-21-12 04:22 PM
    Guys just a quick one regarding 7.1 for 9900... How can I update it... I've tried everything but nothing will work... Am I doing something wrong.. I'm on orange UK with a unlocked handset...

Help!!!!
    02-21-12 05:04 PM
    Just getting ready to charge my 9900 for the 2nd time today! Off charge at 7.30am back on charge at 3.00pm now on charge again all settings changed so it performs like a �15 nokia from asda I must be doin summat wrong here starting to think this is worst bb I have had!
    calling hours?
    02-21-12 05:36 PM
    Guys just a quick one regarding 7.1 for 9900... How can I update it... I've tried everything but nothing will work... Am I doing something wrong.. I'm on orange UK with a unlocked handset...

Help!!!!
    Do and follow all it says here

Then run app loader from c/programs/ common files/research in motion/ app loader

See if a vendor file stills inside, delete it run app loader and follow the procedures

enjoy
    paulnsam39 likes this.
    02-21-12 05:40 PM
    calling hours?
    Total call time for today 16mins 26sec, just ordered a high capacity battery see what this does! will post findings once tested hopefully it will be �15 well spent??
    02-21-12 05:48 PM

Help!!!!
    Windows 7 fully updated including the 14 security updates that came out this week.

-Uninstalled DM 6
    -Cleaned out the computer
    -Restarted the computer
    -Installed DM 7
    -Restarted the computer
    -Installed 7.1.0.267
    -Restarted the computer
    -BBSAK to Wipe the phone
    -BBSAK to Reset the phone to Defaults
    -Deleted (2) vendor.xml files (New DM = 2nd file)
    -Right click on loader.exe and hit "Run as Administrator"
    -Choose install options (see suggestions) & let it rip

Suggestions: At this point I usually uncheck anything that can be installed by AppWorld using the PC browser, including AppWorld. This way all my/your apps can be installed at once after your computer installs a fresh copy of AppWorld and you set it up on your phone. Why? Because you will end up with the newest version of all the apps installed FIRST and you will not need all those %$#�/}@! Updates. Does it eliminate problems? Don't know. Installing them 1 or 2 at a time using the phone is a pain though, and it takes forever.

Notes: Make sure the loader installs Blackberry Maps & Password Keeper or You will be SOL on those. Also, go to the storage settings and run the "Repair" routine on your built-in storage and your media card.

Be sure to use alt+shift+del to restart the phone 4 or 5 times. Good Luck.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-21-12 at 09:15 PM.
    paulnsam39 likes this.
    02-21-12 06:11 PM
    Quick report: I've been running this for a couple of days so far and surprisingly, even though I have battery saving mode set to always, I've been experiencing the worst battery life. This build's battery life for me is comparable to the stock os of 7.0.250 on tmobile. I don't have anything set for refresh (fb, twitter). At first, I thought it was just the os settling in but apparently not..this is disappointing.
    02-21-12 06:21 PM
    Total call time for today 16mins 26sec, just ordered a high capacity battery see what this does! will post findings once tested hopefully it will be �15 well spent??
    I hope that for you what I can assure you though is that I make my 50 80 min call dayly, I surf the web , BBM mail etc and now I am going through the day.

That means thast you're doing something not right? Leave something open? My BB simply works and get things done wihtout any of thie disgraces some of you complain about and seem to encoured
    02-21-12 07:02 PM
    WiFi & Cellular ON
    Not Locked
    SmartWiFi running ine the background
    0.94 per hr no usage 1.47 with usage

Click to view quoted image

Like I've said before, its your Install Method, Settings, Apps, or User Error.
    Mind sharing what apps you have installed?
    02-21-12 07:36 PM
    Mind sharing what apps you have installed?
    Antair CallScreener <~ Permis set to All
    Antair SpamFilter <~ Permis set to All
    Berry Weather
    Blackberry Maps
    Blackberry Protect
    Blackberry Travel
    Blackberry Traffic
    Documents to Go
    Facebook <~> Updates every 2 hours
    Memopad
    Pandora
    Password Keeper
    Photo Studio PRO <~ Permis set to All
    Player for YouTube PRO
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch v4.2 <~ Permis set to All
    Radical Draw with Photo Editing
    SmartWiFi <~ Permis set to All
    Social Feeds
    Speedometer
    Twitter <~> Updates every 2 hours
    Units by Bulbera
    Visual Voice Mail
    Wikipedia

I also removed the AT&T Address Book from the phone since its a PITA.

Free Apps will almost always bone you in the bung. Themes? On an OS7 device??? Bend over.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-21-12 at 09:43 PM.
    02-21-12 09:21 PM
    Installed yesterday. Backup > Full Wipe > Install > Restore.
    Installation went off without a hitch.
    A couple of battery pulls and plenty of soft restarts.

So far, no issues. Battery life seems about the same as .205 (for me).
    BBFTW88 likes this.
    02-21-12 10:45 PM
    With this leak I'm unable to watch youtube videos over 3G (no problem with wifi), downgrading back to .205 right now...
    Can someone else confirm if youtube works on 3G with this leak?
    Tried it out. YouTube videos playing just fine over 3G. Tried it on both Mobile Version and Desktop Version of YouTube
    02-21-12 10:51 PM
    All I have to say is wow.
    9am to 6pm came home with 41% battery.
    About 100bbm's
    9 texts
    1 30 min phone call
    30 mins in a non service area
    Refreshed socialscope like 200 times. Lol
    Berryweather pulling every 30 mins
    Meter berry pulling every 15
    And most importantly aprox 3hrs of streaming pandora. This is insane for this phone. I averaged 0.7-0.9 until I started streaming.

I almost don't need my spare battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    joski likes this.
    02-21-12 10:53 PM
    Not sure if this was taken care of in the previous leak or not, but I just noticed this.

While I was on 7.0 (official ones), speed dialing would first pop up the call history page (phone application) and then do the dialing (didn't really matter).

Just tried it on this one - The call log page doesn't appear anymore.
    02-21-12 10:56 PM
    Memory leak still horrible..... no way no one can fix this leak in OS..... since OS 6
    I am NOT monitoring the memory leak, but I haven't experienced the device lagging or slowing down. Not yet, anyways. Last battery pull / soft reset was a good 20 hrs ago.
    02-21-12 10:59 PM
    Does anybody try BB Protect on this OS?

Mine doesnt work....
    I have stopped trying out BB Protect on my BlackBerry. The app installs and starts up just fine. Then I keep getting a message that my network services doesn't support the app (go figure).

Also - ever since I got my 9900, haven't been able to install BlackBerry Travel. Even when I do get it on the direct link or try installing using the alx file (through DM) - it says the app is NOT COMPATIBLE with my device.

Couldn't figure it out. Still haven't. Just stopped trying.
    02-21-12 11:08 PM
818 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD