I have had the .267 for a little over 2 days and wanted to post my experience, so here is a detailed post:
    A) Apps Installed:
    Twitter, Bhive Tasks, Pocket Informant, Bebuzz, Daily Horoscope, Horoscope Oracle, Crackberry Store, Meterberry, CricketBuzz, Odeve DeReset, Safewallet, Daily Crosswords, Zomato, Shazam, Dropbox, Evernote, Wunderlist, Fuel Economy Calculator, Moonphase, Youtube, Wikitude, Photoeditor Ultimate, Photo Studio Pro, Instaphoto, Xe, Score, Google Maps, Flixster, Poynt, Nobex Radio, Screen Muncher, Email++, Facebook, Fancy Characters, Tapatalk, Chess and

BB Native apps like bbm,maps, Im's google,yahoo.windows live etc.
    Also running the latest beta App World 3.1.1.15

No app is set to auto refresh in background.

I am on Vodafone, India with unlimited BIS and Mobile Hotspot works like a charm without any extra plans.
    No bugs encountered so far.

Battery drain in idle condition 1.4% hour and with moderate use 2% hour though it increases to 3% with heavy usage with wifi on. Battery saving mode is on to kick in at 20 % left. Have not messed around with the back screen brightness settings and let it be on default 70 and dim light setting to after 30 seconds which is default again.

Installed the OS with BBSAK and complete wipe. Restored only address book and bbm contacts from DM and re installed all apps.
    I was on .205 before this OS.
    Loving the OS so far and probably when the official does come out,will wait and see if any major changes otherwise will stick with this. Important to mention that all the readings of meterberry are from using 2G and Wifi and NO 3G.

Hope this post helps and any questions pls fire away. Will be glad to answer
    Last edited by nickhil; 02-20-12 at 05:51 AM.
    mssca likes this.
    02-20-12 02:31 AM
    Oh dear, had this installed for a couple of days now and my backlight has got stuck on 100- even activating the battery saver doesn't dim the screen- munching the battery now!
    02-20-12 02:52 AM
    One word mate... shrinking!

I have plenty of apps, but I shrink a lot out first. If I don't use it, it's gone.
    Hi Phil

I read through in depth both threads for .205 and .267 builds thus far. I have a few questions for your advice:

Please could you indicate the main differences between .267 compared to .205?
    1. Battery drain
    2. Overall performance
    3. Browser rendering
    4. Bug fixes
    5. Battery saving mode on .267 -does this really improve drain rate

Many thanks for your feedback in advance.

Zac
    02-20-12 03:04 AM
    I am on Vodafone, India with unlimited BIS and Mobile Hotspot works like a charm without any extra plans.
    Your connection is prepaid or postpaid? It costs how much monthly?
    02-20-12 03:11 AM
    Your connection is prepaid or postpaid? It costs how much monthly?
    I am on post paid Blackberry Prosumer Plan which costs Rs 899 per month for unlimited BIS and in addition I have a VMC (Vodafone Mobile Connect) Pack of Rs 99 activated as well.
    Last edited by nickhil; 02-20-12 at 03:27 AM.
    02-20-12 03:17 AM
    I am on the Blackberry Prosumer Plan which costs RS 899 per month for unlimited BIS and in addition I have a VMC (Vodafone Mobile Connect) Pack of Rs 99 activated as well.
    VMC - That's Rs. 98 I suppose and not 99. :P
    Anyway, thanks.
    02-20-12 03:20 AM
    for those who are getting discharge rates of less than 2%, how about using it full time on 3g and dont use wifi at all.

because the only way i can attain such low discharge rate is by going full time 2g.

however, i have to say, i no longer need to worry about running 3g all day. batt life is marvellous!!!!!!
    Last edited by LiteBulb; 02-20-12 at 08:06 AM.
    02-20-12 05:21 AM
    I am on post paid Blackberry Prosumer Plan which costs Rs 899 per month for unlimited BIS and in addition I have a VMC (Vodafone Mobile Connect) Pack of Rs 99 activated as well.
    Vodafone has revised the rates to 599 for the 899 plan long back. But they never bother to inform the users.

Call up and get yourself the lower rate plan
    02-20-12 08:37 AM
    this latest os is awesome......!!

I'm getting better battery life than the previous build.
    02-20-12 08:38 AM
    Regarding meterberry, we need to e-mail the developers to have them update it for the newer blackberries. If we don't, there won't be any new updates for a long long time.
    02-20-12 09:10 AM
    I'm contemplating upgrading this version. Currently i'm running .190. My batter drain rate is 4.6-4.7% with moderate usage. It says on the battery trend report that this is high.I've been monitoring it for the past 2 weeks. In regards to apps installed currently, bbm, bb traffic, ofcourse app world, blackjack king game, Groupon, BB protect/bridge/news, Slacker, Poynt, Beweather, Score mobile, Bill Tracker, Ilock Pro, Advance OS and LED, Jared Co screen grabber.
    I don't know if any of these are causing it. My brightness is set to 40 and baclight timeout at 10. I'm wondering if my drain would be more with .267.
    I am on Telus too... The Telus stock version had the worst battery drain ever since I got this phone. Trust me that this OS is much better and I am getting 2%/hr with regular usage compared 5-6%/hr with Telus stock.
    02-20-12 10:24 AM
    I was getting 1-2%/hour drain rate on .205 then I updated to .267 and got 3-4%/hour.
    Then I wiped my phone and did clean install of .267 and now I'm getting again 1-2%/hour. All this was done with "battery saving mode" - always on thus I think it is safe to conclude that there is no significant [if any] advantage for .267 regarding to battery life.
    02-20-12 11:15 AM
    I know it's only been few days since I install this OS. But there are a lot of users here looking for more information on how well the OS performs so far.

Here we go... in addition to my previous post on battery drains which I reported as between 1.2% to 1.9% per hour (ref: http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ml#post7140689), even today I get around the same drainage rate. Read that post for more info on phone's usage during that period.

Here is a list of bugs I found on the OS:
    -DLNA exit bug: if you exit from the DLNA by turning off the wifi before unchecking Media Server File Sharing under media Options, the screen will go black and a small window will appear on the left top corner with tiny window with the home screen on it. If you exit the DLNA after unchecking it from the media Options, you will be fine.

-Backlight bug: Some users including myself found that if you choose the backlight settings to the lowest level of 10, it will rest back to 70 or 100 every time you reboot the phone. Solution would be to choose one level higher, 20 or anything but 10 on backlight settings. (this is regardless of if you have the battery savings mode on or off)

-Hotspot bug: Some found that the wifi hotspot profile get rested during reboots, but I did not experience this issue.

Overall, this is the best OS I ever had since the last leak.
    02-20-12 11:37 AM
    Regarding meterberry, we need to e-mail the developers to have them update it for the newer blackberries. If we don't, there won't be any new updates for a long long time.
    Somewhere in the apps forum around late December or early January I recall reading a post by Giant Cashew who makes MeterBerry saying that a new version for OS7 is being worked on.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 02-20-12 at 12:19 PM.
    02-20-12 11:52 AM
    Here is a list of bugs I found on the OS:
    -DLNA exit bug: if you exit from the DLNA by turning off the wifi before unchecking Media Server File Sharing under media Options, the screen will go black and a small window will appear on the left top corner with tiny window with the home screen on it. If you exit the DLNA after unchecking it from the media Options, you will be fine.
    I have not witnessed this DLNA bug on mine, though I'm on the 9930 version...
    02-20-12 12:12 PM
    No need...

Actually, I am working on a new version right now.
    02-20-12 12:22 PM
    I found two users plus myself who came across this issue. I guess this is one thing about BBs that everyone have a different experience.
    02-20-12 12:24 PM
    Me neither. If I turn off wifi first, the media server just closes automatically. So it's not a bug.
    02-20-12 12:26 PM
    No need...
    Hay, Phill, I know this is off topic, but I tried to PM you and you have disabled PMs. Anyway, have you ever used an app called TapaTalk on leaked OS 7.1s? How good is it and should I buy it? I would like your advice on this... lol
    02-20-12 12:31 PM
    Me neither. If I turn off wifi first, the media server just closes automatically. So it's not a bug.
    May be this has to do with how my router and the LAN communicate between PS3 and BB 9900. I just check this out and I was able to reproduce the same problem on my phone again. I have a feeling this has to do with how my home LAN works and RIM hopefully address this because if I am having this issue, I am sure a lot of people out there as well. (I know a lot about computers compared a lot of people I meet these days lol My system: http://sanuja.com/system.php )

I did modify my router and the DLNA and DHCP IP routing installed Windows Server Enterprise 2008 and the NAS on Ubuntu. But I still can reproduce the issue with my phone as well as one of my friend's phone. I will try this in her house as well when I go there this week and I will report back my findings here.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-20-12 at 12:40 PM.
    02-20-12 12:37 PM
    The browser feels a lot smoother when using pinch to zoom and scrolling up and down. I've also noticed that some websites that the browser couldn't load up, now load. For example, my profile on loseit.com will boot up. It didn't on a previous 7.1 leaked version.

The browser definitely feels more iphone-ish than it did before. With that said however, some websites are still jerky when trying to scroll up and down or use pinch to zoom.

This change in browser performance breathes new life into my 9900. That should keep me with Blackberry for a little while despite the fact that the apps are absolute GARBAGE!!
    02-20-12 12:54 PM
    so maybe its me. i downloaded the os and ran it but when i go to bbsak it says no os's found. im going to run it again and choose to launch DM and see if i can get it on that way.
    02-20-12 02:10 PM
    Hi guys,

So I'm new here... I have a Bold 9900, I'm with Telus... And I just upgraded to this latest OS...

This is running mint, glad I got mobile hotspot available now... and I cudnt be happier..

The only small glitch I'm seeing right now is that when I get a BBM message, my BBM icon appears with the red star to say there is a new message (which is normal)... But my messages icon does not have the red star, even though there is a new message. When I click the messages icon, the new message is there but the red star is not showing...

Anyone have any ideas?

flash67.org/IMG_0276.JPG
    Last edited by flash67; 02-20-12 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added a picture.
    02-20-12 02:19 PM
    Hi guys,

So I'm new here... I have a Bold 9900, I'm with Telus... And I just upgraded to this latest OS...

This is running mint, glad I got mobile hotspot available now... and I cudnt be happier..

The only small glitch I'm seeing right now is that when I get a BBM message, my BBM icon appears with the red star to say there is a new message (which is normal)... But my messages icon does not have the red star, even though there is a new message. When I click the messages icon, the new message is there but the red star is not showing...

Anyone have any ideas?

flash67.org/IMG_0276.JPG
    I think BBM won't go through the messages folder.
    02-20-12 03:00 PM
    Hay, Phill, I know this is off topic, but I tried to PM you and you have disabled PMs. Anyway, have you ever used an app called TapaTalk on leaked OS 7.1s? How good is it and should I buy it? I would like your advice on this... lol
    Tapatalk is an awesome app. It works ok on this leak, a few minor issues but nothing major. The app is in the process of being updated for 7.1 as well

Buy it. Worth the cash.

Drawn from my mind by my fingers onto my 9900.
    02-20-12 03:17 PM
818 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD