How to solve the backlight auto switch to 70 issue:
    Ok... first of all, this is a work around and not a real solution. But this is better than keep changing the settings every time you do a reboot.

If you have your blacklight set to the lowest possible level, 10, then change it to the next one, 20. Now if you reboot, it will not change back to 70.

Hope this helps... For some reason, if you set to level 10, it will reset every time you reboot. Let me know if this solution works for all of you.
    It works! Yhank you
    This build doesn't love backlight set to 10!
    02-19-12 11:06 AM
    Not liking this build at all.

Spent the last 60 mins using tapatalk and reading emails and lost over 35% of my battery.

Not good.

Drawn from my mind by my fingers onto my 9900.
    02-19-12 11:15 AM
    Not liking this build at all.

Spent the last 60 mins using tapatalk and reading emails and lost over 35% of my battery.

Not good.

Click to view quoted image

Is that with or without battery saver enabled ?
    02-19-12 11:19 AM
    with or without battery saver enabled, still very bad 35% drain is insane..
    at worst i lose 15% doing those stuffs, mostly 6/8%.
    02-19-12 11:52 AM
    I'm running .267 for almost 2 days and unfortunately I'm not impressed so far. On .205 I was getting 1%/hour drain rate on idle while on .267 I have 2%/hour. Also, sometimes I see very strange drop in signal [down to 1 bar], while usually I have 5 bars all the time.

[EDIT] Battery saving mode set to always on.
    Last edited by estro22; 02-19-12 at 12:03 PM.
    02-19-12 11:58 AM
    I tried this new leaked version and I decided to go back to .190. The battery was draining at about 5.7%/hr on idle with the same settings (display brightness, no GPS, etc). The phone seemed warmer everytime i used it moderately (i.e. sending occasional emails, running applications, etc). Since I changed back to .190, the phone loads much faster after reboot, runs smoother and the battery drain came back to a reasonnable <3%/hr on idle. I used the same approach on the install for both versions: complete wipe with BBSAK and clean install with DM. Any comments?
    I went back to .205 myself. I had no real issues with the build other than one, which was/is that 'net radio stations accessed via the web didn't work right (I got two slightly-out-of-sync streams at once instead of one). Not only did this result in data being eaten twice as fast as is normal, it was/is also less than satisfactory for me from a musical perspective. :-) (Both builds were installed from a BBSAK wipe.)

Hopefully this gets resolved in a future build; I like the rest of the new features in .267.
    02-19-12 12:12 PM
    I'm running .267 for almost 2 days and unfortunately I'm not impressed so far. On .205 I was getting 1%/hour drain rate on idle while on .267 I have 2%/hour. Also, sometimes I see very strange drop in signal [down to 1 bar], while usually I have 5 bars all the time.

[EDIT] Battery saving mode set to always on.
    I got really good battery life with Battery Saving mode always OFF. Make sure your backlight don't jump to 70 or something like that from a lower value every time you reboot. This is a known issues.

I am working on a bit more comprehensive battery and memory test today. Since schools are closed for the Reading Week, I will get less than 1 email and almost no SMS, BBM today. I will report back with my findings. To me, the battery rain rate of this OS is very good.
    02-19-12 12:14 PM
    Always constant variables:
    Backlight: 20
    Backlight Timeout: 30 sec
    Location Settings: On
    Battery Saving mode: Always off
    NFC/Bluetooth/Mobile Hotspot: off

Around every 30 min I make sure to turn on the screen and check for time. Each time I press a button and turn on the back light to check the time, it takes 30 sec to get the backlight off.

Communication: No emails, no BBM, no SMS, no calls. Basically the phone is almost idling.

Softreboot at 6:00 AM before the tests and kept the phone on the charger at 100% till 7:30 AM.

Apps running:
    BerryWeather: Auto updates every 30 min for one location with wallpaper
    PatternLock: On, activate as soon as blacklight turns off
    Advance OS/Email++: not active use since no emails in/out
    QuickLaunch/SixTools: Only when I opened QL once with SixTools designated key. SixTools battery indicator always on.
    Facebook: two messages during both runs
    Meterberry: logging data

Changing variables with battery drain data from MeterBerry

Run 1: From 7:30 AM to 9:50 AM battery drain at 1.2%/hr; wifi off, Network ON.

Run 2: From 10:00 AM to 12:18 AM battery drain at 1.9%/hr; wifi ON, Network ON, DLNA PS3 push data for 5 min, wifi web browsing 10 min on crackberry.com, cbc.ca and ucalgary.ca.

I am very pleased with the outcome and thank you RIM. The above information is NOT scientific, but I try to do my best to keep it close to being scientific.

Hope this helps.
    02-19-12 01:42 PM
    Also noticed another bug, the YouTube app, if you back out of the inbox, it'll reset the progress meter to 0%. Lol

Just a heads up for anybody wishing to update. The video still uploads, just blindly.
    02-19-12 02:29 PM
    Also, you cannot interrupt or stop the upload either. Only way is shutting off data services (doesn't seem to shut them off, weird) or turning off all connections.
    02-19-12 02:36 PM

Around every 30 min I make sure to turn on the screen and check for time. Each time I press a button and turn on the back light to check the time, it takes 30 sec to get the backlight off.

Communication: No emails, no BBM, no SMS, no calls. Basically the phone is almost idling.

Softreboot at 6:00 AM before the tests and kept the phone on the charger at 100% till 7:30 AM.

Apps running:
    QuickLaunch/SixTools: Only when I opened QL once with SixTools designated key. SixTools battery indicator always on.

Run 2: From 10:00 AM to 12:18 AM battery drain at 1.9%/hr; wifi ON, Network ON, DLNA PS3 push data for 5 min, wifi web browsing 10 min on crackberry.com, cbc.ca and ucalgary.ca.

I am very pleased with the outcome and thank you RIM. The above information is NOT scientific, but I try to do my best to keep it close to being scientific.

Hope this helps.
    Almost went back to .205 but you post convinced to give 267 another chance.
    02-19-12 02:52 PM
    I keep getting an error when I'm on wifi saying the connection cannot be verified. I don't know exactly what the error says, but it's clearly something to do with BIS over wifi, and says a while bunch of stuff about blackberry and Waterloo, CAN.
    02-19-12 02:56 PM
    People having problems with this build need to place the blame where it belongs. User Error or Apps. The thread " Time to Confirm Bla1ze's Rumor..." Proves this.

Maybe instead of discouraging other people from using this great OS by saying stuff like "This OS causes high battery drain" etc. The people having issues should be saying "I seem to be having some issues, I wonder what I did wrong?".

Its not the phone and its not the OS.
    balenax, wolfee48 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-19-12 04:44 PM
    Getting a fair bit of Memory Leak on this build as well!
    Phone turned on with 232.9Mb of Memory Available, 24 Hours later I have 179.2Mb.

Not had this with any other OS7/7.1 builds.
    02-19-12 04:52 PM

Apps running:

Hope this helps.
    I was goin to tell you to wait another day last time

Another good thing that I have noticed is signal stability , where before i had 1 bar now I have got three, battery renders better from that to I suppose
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-19-12 at 04:58 PM.
    02-19-12 04:56 PM
    I was goin to tell you to wait another day last time

Another good thing that I have noticed is signal stability , where before i had 1 bar now I have got three, battery renders better from that to I suppose
    I think there are two antennas for one for network radio and another for wifi. Anyway, I don't know if my signal was improved on network, but it seems that wifi is not good at all on Bold 9900. The phone won't pick up wifi the same way Bold 9700 or iPhone. My brother's iPhone and my old 9700 pick up a very strong signal from my router while Bold 9900 have 1/2 of the single. I think RIM went backward as usual.
    02-19-12 06:23 PM
    Did anyone else get the 100-92 drop within minutes? I think I;m going to downgrade if it happens again.
    02-19-12 06:50 PM
    Did anyone else get the 100-92 drop within minutes? I think I;m going to downgrade if it happens again.
    this one doesn�t have the 100 to 92% drop issue.
    02-19-12 06:53 PM
    DO record a video of it so this can be verified.
    I thought I had the same issue on 7.1.0.190.
    02-19-12 07:00 PM
    There is no 100% - 92% battery drop in .190 .205 or .267

...just great battery life and no memory leak

32 hours off charge, and still going strong
    02-19-12 07:56 PM
    this one doesn&#180;t have the 100 to 92% drop issue.

I didn't have this issue in any 7.1 os untill this one for some reason. I hope its just a 1 time thing.
    02-19-12 07:59 PM
    That's a bit better

02-19-12 08:28 PM
    yups those ^^ are the better ones.
    hope it stays like that, would love to hear more of your future findings.
    so does that battery saving feature really gives you a battery advantage?
    02-19-12 08:39 PM
    Is that with or without battery saver enabled ?
    Battery saving mode on my device is set at 30%

yups those ^^ are the better ones.
    hope it stays like that, would love to hear more of your future findings.
    so does that battery saving feature really gives you a battery advantage?
    Not really used it to be honest. From what i have noticed while messing around with it is that it dulls you device more than 10 brightness. My device is set as 10% screen brightness and when i turned on BSM, it went duller.
    02-19-12 09:14 PM
    There is no 100% - 92% battery drop in .190 .205 or .267

...just great battery life and no memory leak

32 hours off charge, and still going strong
    Click to view quoted image
    1 question Phill........

How do you have so much free app memory. i can only presume that you don't run alot of apps. could that be why your battery drain is so good.

Please elaborate as i am very curious
    02-19-12 09:17 PM
818 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD