Same issues here. After the first reboot my phone freezes as soon as I launch an app. So I cannot use my apps. Secound is after a battery pull I have to set application permissions all over again and again and again.
    My phone even lost the wallpaper for a short time and the background was black!!!! I lost Bes/Bis so there is no connection to anything but fortunately this works again, hopefully it lasts from now on.
    Im getting really annoyed with BB. I�m on my third Bold 9900 now. Thought this one would be different and it felt different at first. It felt more solid and it is, now squeaky trackpad on this one anymore (made in hungary, not in mexico this time). But I nearly get every issue this phone has had in its short period....
    I keep telling myself I like BB but the more issues the more I get upset with this phone. I�ve never had this many issues before with a phone.

**sounds are enabled but no sound when I get a call, bbm etc.
    ** no vibration

Think I have to downgrade to .585.... cannot use .205 because of the qwertz and qwerty issue.....
    Why is this update working for everyone except for me? Think that�s a sign.

Little update. Seems like it stopped freezing and it works finally
    But I�m not 100% sure yet. There is something going on with this phone.
    02-18-12 06:44 PM
    Wow, I do have to comment on the Battery Saving Mode. I Love it! I just uninstalled a game and rebooted the phone it was at 40% after 18 hours. After the phone rebooted the battery increased by 6 percent, now I remember when a phone was rebooted we would lose a few percent numbers down. That is not the case with this thing. I have the BSM option to Always On so yeah I can definitely say this is something we Really needed.

Click to view quoted image
    Sorry for being a little off topic but how do you get such a detailed battery log? Is it an app or is it in the phone and I never noticed..
    02-18-12 07:27 PM
    Sorry for being a little off topic but how do you get such a detailed battery log? Is it an app or is it in the phone and I never noticed..
    it is an app. Meterberry.
    keyhole likes this.
    02-18-12 07:36 PM
    Had you EVER done a back up of your personal, phone data using DM??
    02-18-12 08:47 PM
    When I loaded this OS a couple of days ago, I noticed that it took longer to settle in compared to previous ones. It kind of lagged for 20-30mins before it finally ran smoothly. Luckily I was en route to work so it really didn't bother me.
    02-18-12 08:51 PM
    application meterberry.

MeterBerry™ for BlackBerry® Smartphones
    02-18-12 09:26 PM
    So, installed for 36 hours or so now and by the way the os settled very quickly. I am consistently averaging 5-6% light use 7-8 with medium-heavy. I will I'm sure, but have yet to reach a 9% over an hour, which based on previous builds is phenomenal. [Minimum backlight, battery saving enabled at 40%, wifi for less than 2hrs a day and bluetooth for less than 1hr]

So first gotta say, my mobile hotspot works again!!! att shut me down after a couple of weeks with the first build so I'm trying not to use it until I need it as they will almost certainly shut it down again. NFC is also enabled.

Device analyzer disappeared on .205 for me but has magically returned, kinda cool.

Overall build is extremely snappy. Boots quick and stable. I had serious reboot cycles with previous build, reinstalled and security wiped with no fix. I was getting a little worried and was about to roll back when .267 dropped and now all is good

Side note, just bought myself one of samsungs dope heavy duty high speed 32gig micro sd's to go along with the new build and os 2 dropping. MORE DLNA PLEASEEE. Now I don't care I got a 32gig pb.

Crackberry.com loads extremely quick with less checker boarding. I am impressed overall with rendering and browser speeds. Even on start up touch screen response is almost immediate with very little lag.

I have only had an hour or so with true heavy use, but it performed admirably. No performance loss with heavy multitasking including streaming media with multiple apps running and live texas hold 'em.

No bad parts yet, love this build, but as always time will tell.
    02-18-12 09:33 PM
    Almost 30 hours since I last took the phone off the charger. Still showing I have more than 50% in the BSM screen. Basically with very light usage since I'm a little under the weather and was resting most part of the day. Some short phone calls, text, bbm, checking twitter and tapatalk. Drainage while using was almost similar to .205 as far as I can tell. But when idle, its pretty frugal with power consumption.

I don't really have any issue that others reported on this build. My screen brightness remain the way I set it after reboot. Yet to try DLNA though.

One thing to note, that was pointed out to me by a friend. The previous .205 build has trouble with sending SMS with more than 5 pages in it. This .267 fixes that.

I realise that the 7.1 builds that I have loaded on my phone takes a bit longer to settle in as compared to 7.0. Hope as the OS settle in, battery life would get even better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-18-12 09:41 PM
    I think this is the first OS I've had on any Blackberry that didn't get slower after a couple of days.
    02-18-12 11:22 PM
    am i the only one that can't get GPS to work since upgrading to this?

****Edit: Nevermind. A couple more battery pulls and today it's working great! No issues.
    Last edited by TripNFry; 02-19-12 at 07:51 PM.
    02-18-12 11:29 PM
    Im getting 0.9% on full idle and I agree that feel like a fresh install even after a few days.

New features added also

"UPDATE"
    02-18-12 11:40 PM
    Im getting 0.9% on full idle and I agree that feel like a fresh install even after a few days.

New features added also

"UPDATE"
    To me this is other way around. I went from 1.5-2.5% per hour average when I was on last leaked OS before this, to 3.0% to 4.5% per hour battery drain. I will post my finding at the end of tomorrow as well.
    02-19-12 12:00 AM
    Only thing I've noticed is that it's deleted my word substitutions. No big deal really, just wondered if anyone else has seen this? Otherwise, seems to be running well....
    Nope... all my word subs plus the custom word subs are there.
    02-19-12 12:02 AM
    1st day after installing the .267 leak, im getting 1.45%/hour drain on idle while i was sleeping. real good, it would last me a day.

i think it'll get better after few more days and battery pulls
    02-19-12 01:15 AM
    The DLNA update on this OS will ONLY allow the phone to transmit data OUT of the phone to a compatible receiver that can render the data such a PS3. It cannot pull data in to the system. In other words, this OS update cannot be used to turn your phone in to a media receiver, but you can turn in to a media streamer.

I am going to go for this update tonight.
    I kinda guessed that, but what i find funny is that i cannot seem to find my 9900 with my xbox or pc.
    02-19-12 03:06 AM
    guys.. i have downloaded .265 file.. can I install it thru desktop manager instead of going thru BBSK and then app loader? as DM says that there is an upgrade..pls note am in india
    02-19-12 03:23 AM
    guys.. i have downloaded .2657 file.. can I install it thru desktop manager instead of going thru BBSK and then app loader? as DM says that there is an upgrade..pls note am in india
    Yes you can
    kavita.m likes this.
    02-19-12 03:31 AM
    ok.. here comes.. the lock option for bb with password does not seem to work in the new build for me.. neither does the application which locks specific app does.. is anyone else facing this issue,..
    02-19-12 05:43 AM
    I am having problem setting up wallpaper on this version and previous 7.1 versions. Basically, when I set a custom wallpaper on my phone, it will not automatically resize and fit into the screen. I ended up only seeing say 75% of the wallpaper.

Any fix on this?

- Charles
    On the new 7.1. the issue only does this intermittently for me with this update as opposed to always with the previous versions, but I figured out a work around.
    To avoid it messing up the wallpaper all together don't do it from the options menu. go to your picture folder within the media folder then go to the pic you like, click the blackberry button then select set as wallpaper from the menu and voila!

I had no idea how much such a simple issue could be so irritating but it was always enough to downgrade back to 7.0 after a day or two
    02-19-12 08:02 AM
    I haven't been following this thread for a few days now, but I do have this OS installed...

What's the general consensus about this OS so far? Any problems/issues? I haven't noticed anything as of yet, but maybe because I'm a new Bold 9900 user (less than a week).
    02-19-12 08:20 AM
    ok.. here comes.. the lock option for bb with password does not seem to work in the new build for me.. neither does the application which locks specific app does.. is anyone else facing this issue,..
    It works fine for me. Disable Lock, try battery pull and reset password.
    02-19-12 08:46 AM
    I kinda guessed that, but what i find funny is that i cannot seem to find my 9900 with my xbox or pc.
    On PS3 under settings there is a option to turn network devices turn on/off. I don't know if your xbox has this or not. Usually by default the PS3 OS is set to ON. I would search for the settings in the xbox and check if it is there. It is not called DLNA; its called Network Devices mode or NAS discovery mode or something like that. It has to be ON in order for it to find BB.

Also, when the PS3 first found my device, a pop up came out asking me to verify the device on the Bold's screen. I don't know if you can accidently hit no, but if you did you can go back to settings of the BB and the xbox and rest to default.
    02-19-12 10:01 AM
    From my experience, whenever I am trying to type something in the browser on the crackberry forums or read something, the ad is jumping and overlapping the text areas. It's also affecting the text entry fields on the crackberry forums unless I scroll to the bottom. I think this also affects others, but they aren't letting us know.

Battery life is just as great as 7.1.0.190. Battery saver is set to always on but that sometimes slows it down, so I might disable that or lower the threshold.
    02-19-12 10:14 AM
    On PS3 under settings there is a option to turn network devices turn on/off. I don't know if your xbox has this or not. Usually by default the PS3 OS is set to ON. I would search for the settings in the xbox and check if it is there. It is not called DLNA; its called Network Devices mode or NAS discovery mode or something like that. It has to be ON in order for it to find BB.

Also, when the PS3 first found my device, a pop up came out asking me to verify the device on the Bold's screen. I don't know if you can accidently hit no, but if you did you can go back to settings of the BB and the xbox and rest to default.

Thanks for the info there
    Will try again tonight to see what I can find. I have re-installed the OS so I will see if I have any success.

Drawn from my mind by my fingers onto my 9900.
    02-19-12 10:25 AM
    I tried this new leaked version and I decided to go back to .190. The battery was draining at about 5.7%/hr on idle with the same settings (display brightness, no GPS, etc). The phone seemed warmer everytime i used it moderately (i.e. sending occasional emails, running applications, etc). Since I changed back to .190, the phone loads much faster after reboot, runs smoother and the battery drain came back to a reasonnable <3%/hr on idle. I used the same approach on the install for both versions: complete wipe with BBSAK and clean install with DM. Any comments?
    02-19-12 10:52 AM
818 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD