So now i tried to reproduce my Problems, with the Problem, that my Blackberry hangs after the PIN accepted Screen. After every Update of the OS everything worked fine, but after the BES Activation with OS 7.1.0.267 the Blackerry has this Problem, that he hangs after inputting my PIN from the Sim-Card.

I tried so much, but at the End, the only Solution for me was, that the BES Account must be deleted and creating a new BES Account.

Second Problem with all OS 7.1 Leaks is, if i put in the Universal Search a City or Street (as Example Stockholm, Sweden) and when i then tap on the BB Maps Icon he says alaways "Unknown Error". With OS 7.0 no Problems, even if i manually open BB Maps and search for a City or a Street. I hope they will fix this.
    Same issues here. After the first reboot my phone freezes as soon as I launch an app. So I cannot use my apps. Secound is after a battery pull I have to set application permissions all over again and again and again.
    My phone even lost the wallpaper for a short time and the background was black!!!! I lost Bes/Bis so there is no connection to anything but fortunately this works again, hopefully it lasts from now on.
    Im getting really annoyed with BB. I�m on my third Bold 9900 now. Thought this one would be different and it felt different at first. It felt more solid and it is, now squeaky trackpad on this one anymore (made in hungary, not in mexico this time). But I nearly get every issue this phone has had in its short period....
    I keep telling myself I like BB but the more issues the more I get upset with this phone. I�ve never had this many issues before with a phone.

**sounds are enabled but no sound when I get a call, bbm etc.
    ** no vibration

Think I have to downgrade to .585.... cannot use .205 because of the qwertz and qwerty issue.....
    Why is this update working for everyone except for me? Think that�s a sign.
    Last edited by Smartie020; 02-18-12 at 10:18 AM.
    02-18-12 09:37 AM
    According to PHIL_UK, we all are. I am certainly seeing it and I find it to be extremely annoying! If it would simply stay with the same default SSID instead of the one I would prefer, I could live with it - but for me it keeps generating random ones. Very, very annoying.

RIM - PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Not me.... I do not have the SSID issue at all. Every time I reboot, its there. I did one battery pulls and two soft reboots. No issues at all.
    02-18-12 09:48 AM
    yes! happen to me too. but dont need a reboot, just long press option and back to normal.

already happen twice to me but dont bother me.
    Thanks for the info. But what do you mean by option and back to normal? I cannot pull out the menu because I cannot see what's in the menu when the screen go black with a small box on the left hand corner with tiny oversize screen.

If you can explain what you mean, that would be great.

Thanks.
    02-18-12 09:52 AM
    I need help with DLNA:
    -My PS3 connects to the phone and the Blackberry is showing up on the list of items in the PS3
    -It also shows up my folders, my Playlist folders
    -When I go in to the folders, it reads: no compatible files were found

I know my MP3 are compatible with PS3 for sure (the coding for the mp3 files are playable from PS3). Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-18-12 at 10:44 AM.
    02-18-12 09:55 AM
    I hope no, my backlight is set to 10 and after rebooting it returns to the default value (70)!
    I have the exact same issue over here.... I tried with the battery saving mode ON as well as battery saving mode off. Every time I reboot it goes back to 70 from 10. This is annoying and anyone here knows how to fix it?
    dadymon likes this.
    02-18-12 11:40 AM
    Not me.... I do not have the SSID issue at all. Every time I reboot, its there. I did one battery pulls and two soft reboots. No issues at all.
    So if you rename your hotspot in options to say 'My Hotspot' that name remains after a reboot? Mine doesn't, it just comes back as 'vodafone Mobile Hotspot xxxx' with a different set of 4 numbers each time. I thought this was happening to everyone, but obviously not... Not a biggie, but still annoying. Must be a carrier service book glitch.
    02-18-12 12:08 PM
    I have the exact same issue over here.... I tried with the battery saving mode ON as well as battery saving mode off. Every time I reboot it goes back to 70 from 10. This is annoying and anyone here knows how to fix it?
    Strange, coz I don't have that issue. I set mine to 20, and it stays at 20 after a reboot.
    02-18-12 12:13 PM
    where is the battery saving mode i don't see it
    02-18-12 12:14 PM
    Strange, coz I don't have that issue. I set mine to 20, and it stays at 20 after a reboot.
    Same issue as mss-ca and I have Battery Saver set to on all the time.
    02-18-12 12:15 PM
    Same issue as mss-ca and I have Battery Saver set to on all the time.
    Mine's on, but it's not set to kick-in until 10%.
    02-18-12 12:19 PM
    where is the battery saving mode i don't see it
    Options > Device > Battery Saving Mode
    02-18-12 12:20 PM
    Options > Device > Battery Saving Mode
    I don't have that maybe i accidentally shrunk it out lol
    02-18-12 12:23 PM
    So if you rename your hotspot in options to say 'My Hotspot' that name remains after a reboot? Mine doesn't, it just comes back as 'vodafone Mobile Hotspot xxxx' with a different set of 4 numbers each time. I thought this was happening to everyone, but obviously not... Not a biggie, but still annoying. Must be a carrier service book glitch.
    I (re-)named my hotspot after my cat and, unless Telus and/or BlackBerry share a similar (and creepy) fascination with said cat, I don't have the issue either. :-) My hotspot name hasn't changed over several reboots. (I should add that this was true for my brief time with .267, and for .205 as well.)
    02-18-12 01:04 PM
    what is the plans application listed there? i have it installed but dont see any new app loaded.
    Actually I wondered about this app myself.
    02-18-12 01:16 PM
    Yes, it remains the same. I have my hotspot as Bold 9900-MY NAME and it remains the same. I did 3 battery pulls and 2 soft reboots with three finger.

The only problem I run in to is that every time I reboot the backlight goes from 10 to 70 no matter how I set the battery saving mode.
    02-18-12 01:32 PM
    How to solve the backlight auto switch to 70 issue:
    Ok... first of all, this is a work around and not a real solution. But this is better than keep changing the settings every time you do a reboot.

If you have your blacklight set to the lowest possible level, 10, then change it to the next one, 20. Now if you reboot, it will not change back to 70.

Hope this helps... For some reason, if you set to level 10, it will reset every time you reboot. Let me know if this solution works for all of you.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-18-12 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Add more data
    keyhole likes this.
    02-18-12 01:38 PM
    How to solve the backlight auto switch to 70 issue:
    Ok... first of all, this is a work around and not a real solution. But this is better than keep changing the settings every time you do a reboot.

If you have your blacklight set to the lowest possible level, 10, then change it to the next one, 20. Now if you reboot, it will not change back to 70.

Hope this helps... For some reason, if you set to level 10, it will reset every time you reboot. Let me know if this solution works for all of you.
    Mine is different....after reading about this issue here, i checked mine and it was set at 70...in previous OS's including .205, i'm sure, it always stayed at 10, and backlight timeout also at 10.

I changed it to 10, and also changed the battery saving option to 'always on" from 10...I after a battery pull, it stayed at 10....but the backlight timeout changed to 20....changed it to 10, and did another battery pull just to make sure....and screen brightness stayed at 10, and backlight timeout reverted to 20....
    02-18-12 02:20 PM
    Mine is different....after reading about this issue here, i checked mine and it was set at 70...in previous OS's including .205, i'm sure, it always stayed at 10, and backlight timeout also at 10.

I changed it to 10, and also changed the battery saving option to 'always on" from 10...I after a battery pull, it stayed at 10....but the backlight timeout changed to 20....changed it to 10, and did another battery pull just to make sure....and screen brightness stayed at 10, and backlight timeout reverted to 20....
    same as mine.

Thanks for the info. But what do you mean by option and back to normal? I cannot pull out the menu because I cannot see what's in the menu when the screen go black with a small box on the left hand corner with tiny oversize screen.

If you can explain what you mean, that would be great.

Thanks.
    you just need to long press the option button (blackberry logo button). And the screen would back to normal.
    mssca likes this.
    02-18-12 02:58 PM
    I agree it sounds like a carrier service book issue. So I called tmobile usa blackberry technical support - and as I expected, even though tmobile were literally hours away from officially starting to deploy 7.1 to all 9900 handsets, the Blackberry support team has absolutely ZERO training on 7.1 nor could they even tell me whether 7.1 will support mobile hotspot.

Is it any wonder tmobile have fallen to #4 on customer service? Let's see, you can be on hold waiting for customer service for upwards of 30 minutes, their blackberry technical support receives no training on OS releases, and they don't even know what's in a release that was about to be deployed....EPIC FAIL!
    02-18-12 02:59 PM
    Well after this madness today

I went for a forest walk with the wife so i turned off the mobile network signal thinking i would save battery. Left the car with 62% and after about 15 odd pictures, my phone started beeping at me. Check and screen grabbed meterberry before it went off.

I decided to wipe my device again and re-install.

Lets see if this time it is any better. If not i am back to .190
    02-18-12 03:21 PM
    I'm having BES activation issues with this build. Presumably something unique on my end and not related to the build. But don't usually have hangups like this...
    Rocky - me too. Loaded up 267 fine then the BES activation hung at 10%, rebooted, reactivated, hung after Calender activation. Funny thing is that email and calendar were hitting the BES server and syncing but the Outlook Notes and Tasks would not sync. Phone also said no BES activation was present. Will wipe and try again. My IT guy is going nuts resetting my BES password
    02-18-12 03:31 PM
    Took the plunge.

Lost all my BBM contacts. The version that came on the OS wouldnt restore my contact list from the back up file. Cue a mad panic and lots of 'effin and blinding until I downloaded the latest Beta and managed to get them back.

Have enabled battery saver to run all the time.... Will see how it performs over the next few days
    You should just back up your list remotely. No fuss. Works all the time.
    02-18-12 04:15 PM
    Battery seems to perform really well as good as .205 the only thing I am not able to set is the dnla with my ps3! Any suggestion. I enabled all the settings , is there anything that needs to be allowed on the ps3?
    02-18-12 04:52 PM
    Hey people, I loaded this OS yesterday. I have just realised that my address book did not restore completely (only 66 items out of 597!!).

I have now retried restoring using the most recent backup and even the correct number of entries show up in 'Data to Restore' window, the restore always stops at entry 66 and gives a message to confirm the restore has completed, even though it did only 66 entries!!

I am not sure if this is necessarily due to this OS, but I have never had this problem before and I back up regularly. I tried a previous backup file and got a similar outcome.

Anyone got a clue what the is going on?
    02-18-12 05:01 PM
    Only thing I've noticed is that it's deleted my word substitutions. No big deal really, just wondered if anyone else has seen this? Otherwise, seems to be running well....
    LiteBulb likes this.
    02-18-12 05:02 PM
818 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD