When I first open the hotspot, I got warning pop up with something along the lines saying that the battery will drain and the overall performance (I think speed) will be lowered.
    I fully understand that. What the issue is, is that in general my battery stinks to say the least. On top of that, I open hotspot for 15 minutes and it all goes to crap. It just sucks. I don't get how people can go with 12-24 hours on their 9900. Even with all the minimal settings and low use, I get at most 12-14hrs. That is, if I'm busy at school or work and don't even go on my phone.
    02-18-12 12:00 AM
    I found a problem with the new DLNA. If you turn on the media share and then diconnect the wifi without disconnecting the DLNA. The phone crash and end up with a black screen with a very small white square that will have your wallpaper.

I rebooted and it went into a loop and thankfully it stopped.

Repot back tomorrow.
    yes! happen to me too. but dont need a reboot, just long press option and back to normal.

already happen twice to me but dont bother me.
    02-18-12 12:44 AM
    Battery Life is ok.
    Good on 2G. Drains faster on 3G/2G switching (that network issue).
    Notification LED flash will also drains battery, if you dont see messages for long..
    02-18-12 03:46 AM
    How is it so far? Should I load?
    02-18-12 04:04 AM
    If I reboot the device I loose backlight settings!
    Same here, back light defaults to 70% after a battery pull.
    02-18-12 04:15 AM
    Same here, back light defaults to 70% after a battery pull.
    Strange, just tried battery pull, but my settings were preserved. [on .267 as well]
    02-18-12 04:19 AM
    Build seems good to me, great to have all the new features- battery life seems ok so far, comparable to .540 I was on. Intrigued by the battery saving function so i'm gonna trial it in 'always on' for today.
    Dlna seems to work ok but pics/video are taking a long time to show on my ps3, my 9900 did appear straight away though.
    Last edited by chunt69; 02-18-12 at 04:22 AM.
    02-18-12 04:19 AM
    Strange, just tried battery pull, but my settings were preserved. [on .267 as well]
    Just tried it again. Was set to 10% prior to pull, set at 70% after reboot.

Not a big isue, just have to remember to change it back every time.
    02-18-12 04:34 AM
    2% drain? That's awesome on .205! When my phone was idle that's how much it drained an hour. It never stayed stable...

Click to view quoted image
    My battery drain on .205 was pretty much exactly the same. It's still too early for us to know what .267 will be like, but I hope it's better.
    02-18-12 05:17 AM
    Yes, we all do.
    Frustrating! But interesting that I've never seen anyone complain about it in these forums. One would assume that unless we raise the issue, there's little chance that RIM will know to look at the problem and fix it!
    02-18-12 05:20 AM
    Yes it does work, I am on T-Mobile
    For everyone on t-mobile USA, I would strongly urge you to call t-mobile and see if they are still offering the bundle of mobile hotspot for free with the 5gig data plan. It's EXACTLY the same $30 price as 5gig without mobile hotspot - get it while you can - it's literally free as long as you have (or are willing to upgrade to) a 5gig data plan
    02-18-12 05:23 AM
    Morning all, after leaving my 9900 overnight, here are the idle results:

1.1% battery drain per hour
    Max CPU usage modules: net_rim_bb_ribbon_app - 0.24% / net_rim_services_impl - 0.14% and funnily enough Meterberry - 0.07% - So all very low (good).
    Emails received = 2.36/hr (no SMS or BBM) (approx. 22 emails)
    Wireless and Radio (2G/3G) turned on, Bluetooth turned off.
    Signal - 3G (bars)
    WLAN Usage = 80%
    Mobile Network Usage = 99-100%

I would paste a link to the the usage screen from MeterBerry, but I don't have enough posts - so remove the space and have a look (i42.tinypic. com/hx1x02.png)
    melander likes this.
    02-18-12 05:28 AM
    Just wondering how many of you are experiencing SSID resets every time you reboot? Thanks.
    According to PHIL_UK, we all are. I am certainly seeing it and I find it to be extremely annoying! If it would simply stay with the same default SSID instead of the one I would prefer, I could live with it - but for me it keeps generating random ones. Very, very annoying.

RIM - PLEASE FIX THIS!
    02-18-12 05:32 AM
    is this real
    Useless duplicate posts just to get numbers to be able to link to a scam or advert. See Post 317.

Mod please delete posts and block user.

IGNORE REF TO POST 317

Mod has now deleted so no longer applicable.

Thanks Mod.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 02-18-12 at 08:22 AM.
    02-18-12 05:37 AM
    Morning all, after leaving my 9900 overnight, here are the idle results:

1.1% battery drain per hour
    Max CPU usage modules: net_rim_bb_ribbon_app - 0.24% / net_rim_services_impl - 0.14% and funnily enough Meterberry - 0.07% - So all very low (good).
    Emails received = 2.36/hr (no SMS or BBM) (approx. 22 emails)
    Wireless and Radio (2G/3G) turned on, Bluetooth turned off.
    Signal - 3G (bars)
    WLAN Usage = 80%
    Mobile Network Usage = 99-100%

I would paste a link to the the usage screen from MeterBerry, but I don't have enough posts - so remove the space and have a look (i42.tinypic. com/hx1x02.png)
    These results are with "battery saving mode" on?
    02-18-12 05:44 AM
    According to PHIL_UK, we all are. I am certainly seeing it and I find it to be extremely annoying! If it would simply stay with the same default SSID instead of the one I would prefer, I could live with it - but for me it keeps generating random ones. Very, very annoying.

RIM - PLEASE FIX THIS!
    I dint lose Wifi SSID even after upgrading from .205 to .267 and several battery pull thereafter.
    02-18-12 05:48 AM
    Forgot to mention.
    For Mobile Hotspot connection, i have to enter APN everytime.
    02-18-12 05:50 AM
    These results are with "battery saving mode" on?
    Have you noticed any drop in performance of the phone with battery save mode on all the time ???
    02-18-12 05:53 AM
    I dint lose Wifi SSID even after upgrading from .205 to .267 and several battery pull thereafter.
    Since the SSID I get upon reboot is of the form "T-Mobile Blackberry ####" I suspect the problem is something to do with the service book item for mobile hotspot that t-mobile provisions. I'm thinking there is some sort of option in the service book that (either intentionally or as a result of a bug) causes the phone to re-initialize the SSID on boot up.
    02-18-12 05:57 AM
    The above results are with battery saving on all the time, I can't see any difference in performance, and have played 3d games / browsed, etc, without any noticeable difference.
    02-18-12 06:11 AM
    Have you noticed any drop in performance of the phone with battery save mode on all the time ???
    Not at all, however I don't notice any major improvement on battery drain rate either.
    02-18-12 06:12 AM
    Not at all, however I don't notice any major improvement on battery drain rate either.
    Interesting, I have just set mine up on battery save mode all the time and can't tell any difference in performance either.

Will report back on battery life later, hopefully I will see an improvement as without running battery saver this OS was worse for me than .205.
    02-18-12 06:21 AM
    Since the SSID I get upon reboot is of the form "T-Mobile Blackberry ####" I suspect the problem is something to do with the service book item for mobile hotspot that t-mobile provisions. I'm thinking there is some sort of option in the service book that (either intentionally or as a result of a bug) causes the phone to re-initialize the SSID on boot up.
    I'm almost sure that this has something to do with the "T-Mobile Name ID", I didn't install it and I have no SSID forgetting problem.
    Last edited by estro22; 02-18-12 at 06:59 AM.
    02-18-12 06:28 AM
    Have you ticked the box that says 'turn on battery saving mode when battery is low' or something like that? If not, tick it and your options will come back.
    I cannot get into that screen. I cannot access the battery saving screen at all. My battery saving mode is always on and no way to change it.
    02-18-12 07:41 AM
    I'm almost sure that this has something to do with the "T-Mobile Name ID", I didn't install it and I have no SSID forgetting problem.
    Click to view quoted image
    what is the plans application listed there? i have it installed but dont see any new app loaded.
    02-18-12 09:09 AM
818 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD