Unfortunately on tmobile USA I still lose my mobile hotspot SSID whenever I reboot the phone. It always reboots with the same T-Mobile Blackberry #### SSDI (where #### is a random 4 digit number).

This is REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! annoying!

Has anyone else seen this happen on either tmobile or any other carrier?
    02-17-12 06:03 AM
    I'm posting from mobile hotspot on AT&T... What?
    Do you lose your mobile hotspot SSID when you reboot your phone?
    02-17-12 06:05 AM
    I realise that it quite early in the day to be drawing conclusions, but my initial feeling is that this is more of a battery drainer than .205 was.

After install last night and a couple of battery pulls, so far in my working day I am getting around 3.5% drain when with the same useage with .205 I would be around the 2% mark.

Will do some more battery pulls and let it settle over the weekend and see how it goes, but with .205 battery seemed to be OK from the start, as in same if not slightly better than .190 and the .585/.540 Hybrid both of which also were great from the get go.

I think that the signal is not as strong with this one which may be the casue. Getting 4 bars of 3G at home whereas always had 5 bars with all previous builds.
    02-17-12 06:51 AM
    I realise that it quite early in the day to be drawing conclusions, but my initial feeling is that this is more of a battery drainer than .205 was.

After install last night and a couple of battery pulls, so far in my working day I am getting around 3.5% drain when with the same useage with .205 I would be around the 2% mark.

Will do some more battery pulls and let it settle over the weekend and see how it goes, but with .205 battery seemed to be OK from the start, as in same if not slightly better than .190 and the .585/.540 Hybrid both of which also were great from the get go.

I think that the signal is not as strong with this one which may be the casue. Getting 4 bars of 3G at home whereas always had 5 bars with all previous builds.
    2% drain? That's awesome on .205! When my phone was idle that's how much it drained an hour. It never stayed stable...

02-17-12 07:26 AM
    2% drain? That's awesome on .205! When my phone was idle that's how much it drained an hour. It never stayed stable...

Click to view quoted image
    on .205 it would idle at under 1% !!!

I don't think that this is too uncommon, if I recall correctly I have seen screen prints in several threads from Phill_UK showing similar results.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 02-17-12 at 08:48 AM.
    02-17-12 07:28 AM
    Perhaps a silly question, but can anyone show me where I can access the power saver option setting? I've managed to find the media server and blackberry tag option, but so far have been less 'lucky' with the power saver option, while this option is of most interest to me.

Thanks in advance!
    02-17-12 07:31 AM
    no problems thus far after installing 12 hrs ago...

all seems well
    02-17-12 07:46 AM
    How do you use DLNA ?
    02-17-12 07:52 AM
    How do you use DLNA ?
    check here for a first look.

http://crackberry.com/first-look-bla...ver-using-dlna
    02-17-12 07:56 AM
    Yes ... I tried uesterday with moderate success ... but this morning ... OMG ... DLNA ... yeppeee !
    Click to view quoted image

You may also see this thread in the Playbook section
    How did you configure it ?
    02-17-12 07:58 AM
    Thanks but I saw that video already
    I meant how do I configure it so my bb would show in windows media player 11
    And does the xbox 360 support DLNA
    02-17-12 08:02 AM
    Installed. Its good. No problems what reported by others in this thread so far.
    (Yes, i read the entire thread LoL). Too early to comment on battery life.
    02-17-12 08:15 AM
    T-Mobile users, can you please confirm putting the old .cod (< .190) still gets you free hotspot?
    02-17-12 08:22 AM
    I installed it using BB DS v7 B44 and didn't have any issues. I did a manual backup and then durring the update process told it NOT to backup my data. After the OS was installed I restored my data and settings. I always do it this way and it seems to go smoother.

OS seems solid. No issues so far. I can't seem to reproduce the stuck data transfer icon anymore. SMS lengths seem correct. The speaker still pops on reboot. LOVE the new clock look. Browser seems weird but it might have been a one off issue. While logging into gmail via browser it locked up and I couldn't even do a soft reboot - had to battery pull. Browser has been fine since.

WiFi hotspot works fine with Rogers (1gb dataplan)
    WiFi calling works great.

I have battery saver enabled at 20% but don't know what that will do yet.
    Still working on getting DLNA enabled. Not sure where that setting is or what I have to do... I'll get to it later lol

So far very happy!
    02-17-12 08:33 AM
    Still working on getting DLNA enabled. Not sure where that setting is or what I have to do... I'll get to it later lol

So far very happy!
    For DLNA mode - go to the Media pane, then click media Options and scroll all the way to the bottom and enable File Sharing...
    02-17-12 08:36 AM
    Seems that Blink is working again with this ROM! With previous OS .205 version had issues with battery charging.
    At the moment charging process seems ok with Blink installed.
    02-17-12 08:46 AM
    does it support Chinese characters and font and input?
    02-17-12 08:48 AM
    For those on ATT, have you tried the hotspot feature? Mine works on this build where as it told me to contact customer care on previous 7.1 builds. I didn't type in any passwords etc...

I made no changes to my data plan (that I'm aware of).
    02-17-12 08:58 AM
    For DLNA mode - go to the Media pane, then click media Options and scroll all the way to the bottom and enable File Sharing...
    I have done this but I can not seem to find it on my win7 PC. Was I suppose to do something to get it to show up there?
    02-17-12 09:04 AM
    I have big Problems with this Leak, i flashed it on my BB and it startet up with no Problems. Then the BES Activation/Synchronisation proceeded and everything worked fine. After the first Reboot from the Bold its impossible to use it, after i put in the PIN it says PIN accepted and then the Blackberry freezes.

So it looks like for me, that he didnt find any Network after the PIN Input. I will try to make a Downgrade to 7.1.0.205, because i think the Wipe of the Device will not help and to get a new BES Activation Key is difficult for me.

Sorry for my bad English ...
    Same exact issue here. Home screen would be locked out, no way to access it. I downgraded and am trying to upgrade again.
    02-17-12 09:26 AM
    Working fine for me but no very noticeable difference from .250.
    02-17-12 09:29 AM
    Do you lose your mobile hotspot SSID when you reboot your phone?
    Yes, we all do.
    Jake90087 likes this.
    02-17-12 09:37 AM
    Could you perhaps show me how to enable the battery saver? I cant seem to find that setting :-s

many thnaks

I installed it using BB DS v7 B44 and didn't have any issues. I did a manual backup and then durring the update process told it NOT to backup my data. After the OS was installed I restored my data and settings. I always do it this way and it seems to go smoother.

OS seems solid. No issues so far. I can't seem to reproduce the stuck data transfer icon anymore. SMS lengths seem correct. The speaker still pops on reboot. LOVE the new clock look. Browser seems weird but it might have been a one off issue. While logging into gmail via browser it locked up and I couldn't even do a soft reboot - had to battery pull. Browser has been fine since.

WiFi hotspot works fine with Rogers (1gb dataplan)
    WiFi calling works great.

I have battery saver enabled at 20% but don't know what that will do yet.

So far very happy!
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    02-17-12 10:04 AM
    Could you perhaps show me how to enable the battery saver? I cant seem to find that setting :-s

many thnaks
    Options > Device > Battery Saving Mode
    02-17-12 10:06 AM
    Seems that Blink is working again with this ROM! With previous OS .205 version had issues with battery charging.
    At the moment charging process seems ok with Blink installed.
    You're serious?! I recently downloaded their new version but still have the same charging issue... so now you mean with this new OS, it solve the problem?! Pls confirm!!! =p
    02-17-12 10:30 AM
818 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD