hi guys, as usual, i just upload it to Demonoid, if u prefer to get it by torrent.

Blackberry 9900 7.1.0_b921_PL5.1.0.230_A7.1.0.267 (17Feb12) - Demonoid
    02-16-12 08:56 PM
    This sucks. I can't download this new version. I even turned off all my Anti-Virus. Tried almost all of the links here and they Still will not download this version.

Any ideas??
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 02-16-12 at 09:10 PM.
    02-16-12 08:59 PM
    But this article doesn't explain how to connect the Bold 9900 to DLNA? I mean what software I need to download to the laptop to stream media to the laptop screen from the Blackberry using DLNA?

Also, I thought the share feature in media is for NFC activated Buletooth file transfer between devices.
    It's a brand new feature and that was the only link available at the time.
    Try this one now... First Look: BlackBerry Wireless Media Server - Stream content from your BlackBerry smartphone using DLNA

...and it's wifi media file transfer. Nothing to do with bluetooth, or NFC media transfer which is BB Tag

Just because RIM becomes a member of the DLNA doesn't mean their software automagically supports it. This is more of a Tablet OS/BB10 feature and I doubt it will ever get supported on BlackBerry OS.
    It is supported
    02-16-12 09:27 PM
    11 hours later still no one has an opinion on the batt life? Dis ni**a needs to know so come on people.
    02-16-12 09:29 PM
    I find the battery behind the battery door like everyone else.
    LOL... yep same here... the battery looks and feels the same way as right out the box. Thanks for the humor...

Anyway, @Kevstra, it is too early to say how good the battery drain rates and depend on where you live(radio reception quality), what network, what apps you use, etc, etc, the experience is varies.

Since there are so many factors to battery life, I would download it myself and check it for sure. Unless someone here report a huge bug or a critical error in this OS build, I would just download it and see what happens.
    02-16-12 09:30 PM
    11 hours later still no one has an opinion on the batt life? Dis ni**a needs to know so come on people.
    Just be patient, or load it up and find out for yourself. Don't wait, just do it.
    02-16-12 09:32 PM
    Media Server works great as noted above with a Windows 7 Machine
    02-16-12 09:34 PM
    Just be patient, or load it up and find out for yourself. Don't wait, just do it.
    [YT]ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg[/YT]
    02-16-12 09:38 PM
    What does battery saving mode actually do?
    02-16-12 09:39 PM
    What does battery saving mode actually do?
    I dont think battery saving mode really does a whole lot behind the scenes.

I think it's the typical things BlackBerry always tell us to do (such as change backlight to 10, and other screen display functions) combined into one easy-access function.

Hopefully it does more than just change features already accessible from the end-user.
    Actionjax likes this.
    02-16-12 09:56 PM
    I find the battery behind the battery door like everyone else.
    Thanks for the chuckle.
    02-16-12 09:59 PM
    I dont think battery saving mode really does a whole lot behind the scenes.

I think it's the typical things BlackBerry always tell us to do (such as change backlight to 10, and other screen display functions) combined into one easy-access function.

Hopefully it does more than just change features already accessible from the end-user.
    Yes, I agree... I think the battery saving mode can set to a timer type of thing so that it will go to battery savings mode with dimmed screen and wifi off at certain period of time. This is a software update so those of you are looking for nuclear fission or nuclear fusion batteries will be in the dark at this time. Sorry guys.
    02-16-12 10:06 PM
    After this OS upgrade, all my contacts were doubled, or even tripled, some quadrupled. I dont understand why. However, the weird this was when i went through to manually delete all the duplicates, when i went to exit the contacts screen, the phone rebuilt the contacts i just deleted and all the duplicates came back!!! ugh.
    anyone know away around this - an easy way to get rid of duplicates? or, how to keep the deleted duplicate contacts off without phone automatically rebuilding list and putting them back?
    02-16-12 10:15 PM
    Yes, I agree... I think the battery saving mode can set to a timer type of thing so that it will go to battery savings mode with dimmed screen and wifi off at certain period of time.
    You're obviously not running .267 so stop guessing... there is no timer
    02-16-12 10:17 PM
    After this OS upgrade, all my contacts were doubled, or even tripled, some quadrupled. I dont understand why. However, the weird this was when i went through to manually delete all the duplicates, when i went to exit the contacts screen, the phone rebuilt the contacts i just deleted and all the duplicates came back!!! ugh.
    anyone know away around this - an easy way to get rid of duplicates? or, how to keep the deleted duplicate contacts off without phone automatically rebuilding list and putting them back?
    I'm guessing you have your email acct set up to sync your contacts, try checking to see if that's the case
    02-16-12 10:32 PM
    You're obviously not running .267 so stop guessing... there is no timer
    No I am not... I will as soon as I hit this weekend. Sorry, I worded the whole sentence wrong. What I meant to say was, RIM will probably include a timer type of thing and I hope they do for obvious reasons.
    02-16-12 10:37 PM
    Is anyone having trouble connecting to BIS via wifi? Since installing 9900/7.1.0.267 I haven't been able to connect to BIS via wifi, worked without issues with .205

Thanks
    Re-installed .205 just as a sanity check... able to connect to BIS via wifi.

Installed .267 after doing a factory wipe. not able to connect to BIS via wifi again.

Is it a Rogers specific issue or are others seeing this too?
    02-16-12 10:38 PM
    Sooo this OS doesn't work for me. Battery draining at a rate of 40%/hour. Also every time I do a battery pull it erases the last few texts/bbms I just sent or received. It seems it does not keep short term memory at all.

In fact every single OS except 7.0.0.353 does this on my phone.

what gives????
    mssca likes this.
    02-16-12 10:39 PM
    Re-installed .205 just as a sanity check... able to connect to BIS via wifi.

Installed .267 after doing a factory wipe. not able to connect to BIS via wifi again.

Is it a Rogers specific issue or are others seeing this too?
    I think it might be just you, I have a rogers 9900 on rogers and its just fine
    02-16-12 10:42 PM
    I think it might be just you, I have a rogers 9900 on rogers and its just fine
    oh wow, after leaving it for a long while, it connected!

phew.
    02-16-12 10:51 PM
    Direct Download Link
    02-16-12 11:18 PM
    So It's my first time going to 7.1 OS

Will it work on Telus?
    02-16-12 11:20 PM
    Thanks. figured it out... it was the T-Mobile Contacts backup that now has a box to check for automatic wireless synchronization. who knew. with it unchecked, the contacts dont duplicate and allow deletion.
    02-16-12 11:21 PM
    Yes, I agree... I think the battery saving mode can set to a timer type of thing so that it will go to battery savings mode with dimmed screen and wifi off at certain period of time. This is a software update so those of you are looking for nuclear fission or nuclear fusion batteries will be in the dark at this time. Sorry guys.
    The "Battery Saver" as they call it should just be called the "Performance Reducer". Don't plan on buisness as usual when using it.

Maybe if your on vaction and without a charger and you want to be able to make a few calls and send some messages over a 4 or 5 day span with the phone locked in between, great. But if leaving it on to extend your day to day routine is your plan then you can fuggetaboutit.
    02-16-12 11:24 PM
    I am having problem setting up wallpaper on this version and previous 7.1 versions. Basically, when I set a custom wallpaper on my phone, it will not automatically resize and fit into the screen. I ended up only seeing say 75% of the wallpaper.

Any fix on this?

- Charles
    02-16-12 11:25 PM
818 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD