Wifi probably helped that. If you're connected, I believe the 9810 will default to using wifi instead of eating up data. If you're away from a wifi connection with wifi on, it'll drain the battery hunting for a connection. That's one of the reasons I like BatteryEx. It has a function that, when enabled, shuts off wifi automatically if there's no connection for 60 seconds or more.

Definitely nice battery life on your phone. I'm still a little over 2 days on the reinstall, but it seems better. We'll see in a couple of days.
    +1 on the battery ex wifi function...I just started using it actually (btw...check the battex thread)
    I was quite impressed with the numbers...overnight while idling it was at 1% DPH.
    Hopefully you start seeing the same.

Mecca, you rock
    Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
    03-05-12 03:24 PM
    Just read that there's a beta in the wild, for 9900 and 9810 users. 7.1.0.284 is out there and I'm a hunting
    You already know. Hopefully, we'll see a few links pop up soon.
    03-05-12 09:33 PM
    USB Charging - 500mA
    $3 Nokia AC-6U - 550mA
    Blackberry Unit - 750 to 850mA

Everyday that battery charges faster than need be, your battery ages prematurely.

BlackBerry 9900
    03-05-12 09:59 PM
    Look forward to checking this OS out. I've been unhappy with battery life in .205.
    When your phone searches for a signal, you�re using a significant amount of battery life. When you�re underground, you�re constantly searching for signal. So it�s best to turn off the radio completely at that point. Just go to the Manage Connections icon in your Applications menu, and uncheck the Mobile Network box.
    03-06-12 01:46 AM
    Another quick battery question. Saturday morning was my OS reinstall. It seems to be settling more quickly, but I'm not expecting firm results till Wednesday. I did see one thing I'm wondering about. I had my phone on the charger last night. To answer a BBM question, I took it off the charger, made my response and closed BBM. The phone went on the charger at 54%, did a slow charge to 61% when I answered the BBM message. When I closed BBM, the battery level showed 75%, a full 14% higher than was showing when it came off the charger. I'd think it was just an oddity, except I had a similar repetition when I later took the phone off the charger to add something to my food shopping list on the phone.

Is this normal? And is it OS, app, or phone related?
    I've noticed BBM is a huge battery hog, that may be part of the oddness you're seeing (side note: I'm hoping the latest version of BBM has addressed this). The first few days of the new OS showed somebizarre battery activity but it has since levelled off and is now MUCH better than it was (I'm now only losing 1-2% per hour now, even without 4G at my office). It should level off in a few days.
    03-06-12 07:29 PM
    im still happy to say im pulling in 14-15hr bat days . when u guys engage battery save mode, do u see a huge difference in bat life? i havent evenswitched it on yet cause ive been happy with the use ive been getting
    03-06-12 08:21 PM
    im still happy to say im pulling in 14-15hr bat days . when u guys engage battery save mode, do u see a huge difference in bat life? i havent evenswitched it on yet cause ive been happy with the use ive been getting
    You're making me jealous. With Battery Saver set to "always on" and wifi on when I'm in range, I'm getting closer to the OS settling in and getting more low percentages. But I still get some REALLY interesting hours where I wonder how it can get THAT high. Bluetooth uses a lot more battery on 7.1 than it did on 7.0 and my previous OS6 phone. All I have to do is turn it on and connect and battery life drops like a rock.
    03-07-12 07:24 AM
    You're making me jealous. With Battery Saver set to "always on" and wifi on when I'm in range, I'm getting closer to the OS settling in and getting more low percentages. But I still get some REALLY interesting hours where I wonder how it can get THAT high. Bluetooth uses a lot more battery on 7.1 than it did on 7.0 and my previous OS6 phone. All I have to do is turn it on and connect and battery life drops like a rock.
    i dont really use bluetooth , so i think thats prob the main difference here bill. i do tons of calls, texts emails and bbm tho...and ive started getting into the habit of turning off my wifi when i dont need it so it doesnt seach and chew up the bat.
    03-07-12 08:24 AM
    i dont really use bluetooth , so i think thats prob the main difference here bill. i do tons of calls, texts emails and bbm tho...and ive started getting into the habit of turning off my wifi when i dont need it so it doesnt seach and chew up the bat.
    I've tried several wifi control apps. Actually, two.

One app used location to determine whether to turn wifi on or off. I had some issues with that idea. When I'm working in the church offices, I'm deep in the building, in the middle of the large strip mall we bought. There are several networks onsite., but only one is public. The sections of the facility I go to are far enough from an outer wall that there's no satellite access. And cell tower positioning seems to think I'm always in range of a usable network when I'm there. So, it turns wifi on and leaves it on when I'm there. Which gives me GPS fighting for signal it's never going to acquire and wifi continually searching.

The other app is BatteryEx, which I already liked for the customizable icons. It does things simpler. Once there's no wifi signal and that continues for 60 seconds, it shuts off wifi. I have to remember to turn it on when I get back in range. But it at least keeps the wifi radio from searching for a nonexistent network.
    03-07-12 09:28 AM

The other app is BatteryEx, which I already liked for the customizable icons. It does things simpler. Once there's no wifi signal and that continues for 60 seconds, it shuts off wifi. I have to remember to turn it on when I get back in range. But it at least keeps the wifi radio from searching for a nonexistent network.
    oh that sounds like a cool app, ill look into it. thanks for the tip bill
    03-07-12 10:05 AM
    oh that sounds like a cool app, ill look into it. thanks for the tip bill
    You're welcome. Besides battery level with custom icons and the wifi shutoff, it can also display memory, control some of the conditions and exceptions for standby and has an alarm for low battery level. And there's a 300+ page thread with tons of icons for it, some with matching wallpaper posted elsewhere here.
    03-07-12 11:50 AM
    BTW, I think it's long enough since the reinstall to give an update. Today, I have Battery Saver set at 20%, the phone has been off the charger about 9.5 hours, and I've had BT on for about 3 hours. Wifi is on and connected to take some of the data load. Advanced OS & LED is set to normal mode (not night), so LED goes longer, etc. Lots of incoming email. Heavy FB activity in both directions. My trusty calculator says I'm averaging 3.9% per hour. I went from +99 about 3:15am to 63% at 1pm. Since just having BT on and connected has been a heavy battery hit, this looks promising. I just turned off wifi to see what difference a couple of hours will make, that way. We'll see.
    Last edited by kraski; 03-07-12 at 12:18 PM.
    03-07-12 12:13 PM
    03-07-12 04:28 PM
    Dude, you're my poster child of battery performance. If anyone needed to see results like this, it's you BL.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-07-12 04:57 PM
    Dude, you're my poster child of battery performance. If anyone needed to see results like this, it's you BL.

Well, if no one ever posted about getting better battery life, others would be writing it off like me earlier. Wish I had tried this with your last hybrid. Also, olBlueEyes came thru with the intel on the chargers. Works perfectly for what I'm trying to accomplish with the battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-07-12 05:35 PM
    On a side note,PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If anyone on TMo want to be proclaimed "hero for the week", get with the usual group to get a copy of the OS out for the rest of us. LOL, most of us will be in "Depends" waiting on at&t to drop an OS thru the beta zone. If you've ever utilized a leak or a hybrid, you already helped someone break a confidentiality agreement by using it. So save the boyscout routine. If you're new to this, PM works great.
    lyricidal, kraski and Mecca EL like this.
    03-07-12 05:53 PM
    On a side note,PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If anyone on TMo want to be proclaimed "hero for the week", get with the usual group to get a copy of the OS out for the rest of us. LOL, most of us will be in "Depends" waiting on at&t to drop an OS thru the beta zone. If you've ever utilized a leak or a hybrid, you already helped someone break a confidentiality agreement by using it. So save the boyscout routine. If you're new to this, PM works great.
    In the meantime, I'm building a hybrid off of the beta .284 java that I have from the 9900. I'll up a link 2mrw if all turns out well.
    03-07-12 06:31 PM
    In the meantime, I'm building a hybrid off of the beta .284 java that I have from the 9900. I'll up a link 2mrw if all turns out well.
    Looking forward to it.
    03-07-12 07:05 PM
    Looking forward to it.
    The Bold folks are saying the 284 beta is the best battery ever. Since most of us here have been having great results, a hybrid of this should be awesome. I was testing a 258/267 full java hybrid I compiled, but I didn't like the browser freeze. This one looks like it's messing well over 258. I just loaded the browser files and I'm VERY happy
    03-07-12 07:25 PM
    Blackberry is handing out Free copies of "Fixmo Tools", or whatever its called, and it has utilities for location based switching of your WiFi and Battery Tools and magnifiying glass and corkscrew and hole punch and etc,,...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-07-12 07:26 PM
    The Bold folks are saying the 284 beta is the best battery ever. Since most of us here have been having great results, a hybrid of this should be awesome. I was testing a 258/267 full java hybrid I compiled, but I didn't like the browser freeze. This one looks like it's messing well over 258. I just loaded the browser files and I'm VERY happy
    If you're happy with it, we'll be happy.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-07-12 07:28 PM
    Blackberry is handing out Free copies of "Fixmo Tools", or whatever its called, and it has utilities for location based switching of your WiFi and Battery Tools and magnifiying glass and corkscrew and hole punch and etc,,...
    Maaaaan!!! Fixmo Tools is freaking LOADED. There are tools in here that I haven't seen in a while or haven't been updated since 09 - like WifiTransfer. I love this app.
    03-07-12 07:39 PM
    Maaaaan!!! Fixmo Tools is freaking LOADED. There are tools in here that I haven't seen in a while or haven't been updated since 09 - like WifiTransfer. I love this app.
    I ditched it after a few hours because the stuff that was most useful to me was duplicated in SmartWiFi and QL but had I not already purchased those and a few others I would have put Fixmo through the ringer to see if it was any good for sure. At 0 dollars and 0 cents it would be dumb not to give it a shot. Plus you will be able to keep it if you want it later when the "Compliments of Blackberry" thing expires.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-07-12 08:36 PM
    Yeah, Conserve WiFi works great. Been using Fixmo since it was released and continually upgraded.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-07-12 08:44 PM
    I may keep Fixmo. I don't use QL as much as I should, and even though I did buy it, I didn't buy the upgrade to the OS7 version (why would they do that)...So if Fixmo does what it's supposed to, I will ditch QL.

Oh question....charging pod...low rate charge or not?
    03-07-12 09:48 PM
543 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD