06-08-12 12:18 PM
543 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Is battery saver an app? where can i download it?

is it this one ---> htp://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/66580/?lang=en
    02-22-12 11:17 PM
    Is battery saver an app? where can i download it?

is it this one ---> htp://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/66580/?lang=en
    Battery Saver is a component of your operating system. It can be found here: \Options\Device\Battery Saving Mode.
    02-22-12 11:45 PM
    Battery Saver is a component of your operating system. It can be found here: \Options\Device\Battery Saving Mode.
    Is it a new feature in 7.1 258. Mine is still 7.1 205 but i cound not find battery saving mode in that folder
    02-23-12 03:12 AM
    Empty your Recycle Bin and check under User\user_name\appdata for another copy. Always delete VENDOR.XML with Shift+Delete
    What's +Delete do that plain Delete doesn't? I've never had to do that.
    02-23-12 07:55 AM
    Is it a new feature in 7.1 258. Mine is still 7.1 205 but i cound not find battery saving mode in that folder
    Yup. It wasn't in .205. Should be in all the new versions from now on.
    02-23-12 07:59 AM
    Interesting. the battery life results I previously reported were somewhat varied, but I didn't stop to think that I was doing lots of stuff from home, where I have wifi. Yesterday, I was out all day, moderate phone use day, no wifi. There was actually more consistency, although worse battery life. Even after reconditioning. Battery use varied from 4.6-8.0%, mostly hanging around 6%. That's with Battery Saver always on. Not great, but almost livable...for now. Although I'm tempted to see if a wipe and reinstall will improve that.

BTW, during the discussion of apps eating battery, I was asked why I used BatteryEx. I had replied that I liked having a custom battery icon. But there's also another reason. BatteryEx has a feature that turns off wifi if you're not connected for 60 seconds, to prevent the phone's wifi from draining battery searching for a connection. Without something like that, I've sometimes not paid attention to shutting off wifi manually. And location based apps for that don't help when I'm helping at church. There's public wifi at the Bible college, but not in the chapel or church offices -- separate, locked down network. The three areas are close enough to each other that GPS has to be very accurate and I'm far enough into the building that GPS is useless and cell tower location finding isn't accurate enough.
    02-23-12 08:22 AM
    Hiya guys!

Finally upgraded. Why though I don't know, since .205 was working great for me. Lol.

Oh yeah, right. Signal/Radio. Our good friend Mecca suggested I upgrade because I was having failed calls and lost calls - especially at home. This is very frustrating, as prior when I was on VZW, this never happened. I'm hoping it's the os and not Att

So far my battery life is much worse. This could be because I just installed and it needs time to settle. If not, it's back to .205 I go. Highho, Highho....
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-23-12 02:40 PM
    Hiya guys!

Finally upgraded. Why though I don't know, since .205 was working great for me. Lol.

Oh yeah, right. Signal/Radio. Our good friend Mecca suggested I upgrade because I was having failed calls and lost calls - especially at home. This is very frustrating, as prior when I was on VZW, this never happened. I'm hoping it's the os and not Att

So far my battery life is much worse. This could be because I just installed and it needs time to settle. If not, it's back to .205 I go. Highho, Highho....
    no back to .205 for u missy...tough it out like the rest of us
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-23-12 04:45 PM
    Have you tried a different USB port on your PC? Some PCs have a configuration where only certain of the ports put out full rated DC amperage - or, it could be that one of the USB ports on your PC is flaky.
    I just got the chance to play with that again. Last week I was using one of the 4 front USB ports. Tonight I tried using one of the 4 back USB ports and got the exact same result. I'm getting worried I will never be able to upgrade this phone.

Cheers,
    Eric
    02-23-12 06:52 PM
    So this morning I wiped my 9810 and installed .258 with nothing else. After a few minutes of use the lag/unresponsiveness returned but not as bad or as long at is was before. I checked the top right corner for network activity and there was none. I only restored data that I needed. I omitted settings and other data I could easily recreate. Same thing. I am now downloading applications. Again the unresponsiveness is there but I cant see why. There's no hourglass, no network activity. It can just take up to 3-5 screen taps to acknowledge a hit.
    I had the very same issue with this build. Didn't have any screen lag in .205. I wiped and upgraded again, same problem. Got so annoying I actually went back to 7.0.0.598. Hope the next leak fixes this. Not sure why only a handful of 9810s are affected.
    02-23-12 09:13 PM
    Most OS have always worked better for "me" the 2nd time around. After 18.5 hrs, I still have 52% left on my battery. Usual day for emails, ubertwitting, FaceBook,....etc. Also, removing BeWeather didn't make any noticeable difference in the numbers.
    02-23-12 11:48 PM
    what is the app that can show the battery drain percentage per hour?
    02-23-12 11:54 PM
    ? See Post 414

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810: OS .258 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-24-12 at 01:31 AM.
    02-23-12 11:58 PM
    If you've loaded the OS version everyone's talking about in this thread, go to \Options\Device\Advanced System Settings\Blackberry Device Analyzer\Battery Tests. Advise the utility that your battery is draining too quickly. Now your battery level data will be collected and you can go back later to View Battery Drain Trends.
    02-24-12 01:06 AM
    no back to .205 for u missy...tough it out like the rest of us
    I'm also a user of 9810 at&t.. I have a question, after installing OS 7.1.0.258, does the wifi hotspot works for at&t provider?
    02-24-12 06:12 AM
    I'm also a user of 9810 at&t.. I have a question, after installing OS 7.1.0.258, does the wifi hotspot works for at&t provider?
    Yes it does, but beware of the charges you may incur if you do not have a plan that includes mobile hotspot. I don't, so I won't be using it....
    02-24-12 06:53 AM
    I'm wondering, again, about battery level reporting in .258. I've reconditioned both batteries. Starting yesterday, somewhere between 35-56% battery left, I got a warning popup that I didn't have enough battery left to run the radios. Then, the phone turned all the radios off and wouldn't let me turn them back on. A reboot had me a 30% or more -- less than previously, but certainly more than enough to manually restart and run the phone, wifi & BT radios. That happened with both batteries -- once each, yesterday and once this morning (the phone was off the charger overnight).

Any suggestions for a fix?
    02-24-12 07:45 AM
    @Kraski. When I started seeing numbers that seemed off after a charge, I did a softreset and it worked for "me." Right now, I'm at 29hrs and 14% battery left. H*ll, I was happy with anything over 15.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810: OS .258 using Tapatalk
    02-24-12 08:47 AM
    well after my first full day on .258 without bat save mode on at all , i took my 9810 off the charger at 9am fully loaded yesterday and didnt get a low bat indicator till almost 9:45 pm. usually i have to plug in by say 5-6pm ish, so im quite happy for sure . and thats with calls, emails and alot of bbms.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-24-12 10:11 AM
    well after my first full day on .258 without bat save mode on at all , i took my 9810 off the charger at 9am fully loaded yesterday and didnt get a low bat indicator till almost 9:45 pm. usually i have to plug in by say 5-6pm ish, so im quite happy for sure . and thats with calls, emails and alot of bbms.
    Glad to see others posting about the extended battery life. I went ahead and put mine on the charger close to 30 hrs with 9% left.

On a side note. Sucks to have my BB off for a few hours charging from my laptop. But, My results are getting better. Not bragging, just happy that it has made a difference with a great device with a not-so-great battery life. So, my post are only to let others know that while some are having issues, Meccas' research about the battery does work and made the difference. I haven't received battery life numbers like this since my 8700, 8300, and 8310. Even my 9700 didn't post numbers this good. Giving credit where it is do. Thanks, Mecca.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-24-12 10:38 AM
    Glad to see others posting about the extended battery life. I went ahead and put mine on the charger close to 30 hrs with 9% left.

On a side note. Sucks to have my BB off for a few hours charging from my laptop. But, My results are getting better. Not bragging, just happy that it has made a difference with a great device with a not-so-great battery life. So, my post are only to let others know that while some are having issues, Meccas' research about the battery does work and made the difference. I haven't received battery life numbers like this since my 8700, 8300, and 8310. Even my 9700 didn't post numbers this good. Giving credit where it is do. Thanks, Mecca.
    damn if i got anything close to 30 hours im buying bottles of goose for everyone
    02-24-12 10:40 AM
    damn if i got anything close to 30 hours im buying bottles of goose for everyone
    LOL, my post usually go unnoticed. But, I don't sweat it. I just posted my latest numbers on another thread and linked back to Meccas' comments about the battery starting on page 23. Hopefully others will read and follow his directives. Got nothing to lose. If something as simple as totally draining the battery and slow charging (charging from my laptop) can make that big a difference on my BB, then why not just follow it and not overthink the process? Sometimes, simple works.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-24-12 at 11:54 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-24-12 11:28 AM
    LOL, my post usually go unnoticed. But, I don't sweat it. I just posted my latest numbers on another thread and linked back to Meccas' comments about the battery starting on page 23. Hopefully others will read and follow his directives. Got nothing to lose. If something as simple as totally draining the battery and slow charging (charging from my laptop) can make that big a difference on my BB, then why not just follow it and not overthink the process? Sometimes, simple works.
    totally agree...simple is usually the best solution to anything. like goose straight up ice cold
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-24-12 12:01 PM
    totally agree...simple is usually the best solution to anything. like goose straight up ice cold
    Hehe. Yeah, I hate to see ppl write off the OS before even downloading based on someone else having issues. The next leak could be better or it could be worse for some. If I thought it was crap, I would have already started a personal hybrid.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-24-12 12:41 PM
    anyone wondering why 9900 has 267 which launched same time as our 258 did? Still can't figure that one out. Usually they run in parallel...
    02-24-12 08:38 PM
543 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD