Even after 5 days of install, file indexing is in the list of my top 5 battery eaters
    How much do you "play" with your phone? Change themes, install and delete apps? Every time you make a change to the file structure, universal needs to re-index to work right. I've noticed that .258 seems to randomly do that by itself. Perhaps it does some cleanup and universal search has to re-index. Just guessing.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-20-12 07:02 AM
    How much do you "play" with your phone? Change themes, install and delete apps? Every time you make a change to the file structure, universal needs to re-index to work right. I've noticed that .258 seems to randomly do that by itself. Perhaps it does some cleanup and universal search has to re-index. Just guessing.
    I hardly install any new apps or delete any.

I switched my phone off and charged it, but its not getting charged beyond 94%. Charged it for over 5 hours on usb, even after turning it on, its not going past 94%
    02-20-12 09:38 AM
    Did you let the battery completely drain 1st prior to charging via usb?
    02-20-12 09:44 AM
    Yupp. I drained it completely, but 5 minutes after connecting the charger(PC USB), the phone turned on, so I just powered it off and charged it.

Have I done anything wrong?
    02-20-12 09:46 AM
    Yupp. I drained it completely, but 5 minutes after connecting the charger(PC USB), the phone turned on, so I just powered it off and charged it.

Have I done anything wrong?
    If you allowed it to "completely and shut down- yes. How long did it take to charge?
    I'll let you know later this afternoon, I've yet to charge mine. Still @ 44%

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 09:57 AM
    If you allowed it to "completely and shut down- yes. How long did it take to charge?
    I'll let you know later this afternoon, I've yet to charge mine. Still @ 44%

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I don't know, it was charging for like 5-6 hours. When I powered it on, it was tuck at 94%

I then let it charge with phone on, it was still 94% even after 30 min
    02-20-12 10:11 AM
    I don't know, it was charging for like 5-6 hours. When I powered it on, it was tuck at 94%

I then let it charge with phone on, it was still 94% even after 30 min
    There have been times when mine seemed "stuck" like that, Taking it off the charger, turning it off, then putting it back on the charger seemed to fix it.
    02-20-12 10:22 AM
    I think we need to clear our head of certain terms. Instead of "off" the phone is actually in "standby" mode. For it to actually be "off" the battery has to be removed.

rgshah3...you're proving my point. Because your battery won't charge passed a certain level nor discharge passed a certain level, that IS a memory effect. Your battery/phone - haven't tracked down where the info is stored yet - forces your phone to hold at 2 extreme thresholds, and no more. See if you can force your phone to shutdown. Without plugging into a charging source, press the power button to see if it will wake. If it wakes up it hasn't fully discharged.

Look at the image posted...

Now, see how linear my recharge line is, where I have it high lit? Now look back at the previous images I've already posted, and you'll see the non-linear recharge lines, which denote me charging my phone in it's active state. I'm sure someone who wasn't paying attention, or skipped thru reading my nonsense will say "that's because you had your phone 'off' while you recharged". But I started this by stating that our phones are NOT off, just in stand by mode. Can't record anything in an "off" state.

So...what does this "linear" line prove on the graph??

Anyone..anyone?? Bueller...Bueller??
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 02-20-12 at 11:04 AM.
    02-20-12 10:59 AM
    I know you were asking RG, but I have a question about that. T was up late doing some things, hanging on for the phone to shut down. Finally, around 3am, I'd had it, the phone was at 8% with all kinds of warning beeps going off. So I shut it off. This morning, I had a green light but it was at 97%. I had Battery Saver set at 20% and averaged 7-8% drain over a 2 hour period. Battery Saver set to always on gave me a .09 drain for the next hour. I'm assuming I didn't let the battery go far enough down. Is there an app that will force a drain all the way so that I can control when it dies and when I charge it?

And, since I have two batteries and a charger that will handle the second battery. Does the conditioning require the battery charge in the phone or can I just put it in the spare battery slot, where it always gets to 99+?
    02-20-12 11:14 AM
    I think I got your point, but how can I drain my battery completely? I did what you earlier mentioned, but my battery drainis 10.5% per hour it has increased

I think the memory has not got wiped
    Last edited by rgshah3; 02-20-12 at 11:21 AM.
    02-20-12 11:18 AM
    I know you were asking RG, but I have a question about that. T was up late doing some things, hanging on for the phone to shut down. Finally, around 3am, I'd had it, the phone was at 8% with all kinds of warning beeps going off. So I shut it off. This morning, I had a green light but it was at 97%. I had Battery Saver set at 20% and averaged 7-8% drain over a 2 hour period. Battery Saver set to always on gave me a .09 drain for the next hour. I'm assuming I didn't let the battery go far enough down. Is there an app that will force a drain all the way so that I can control when it dies and when I charge it?

And, since I have two batteries and a charger that will handle the second battery. Does the conditioning require the battery charge in the phone or can I just put it in the spare battery slot, where it always gets to 99+?
    I think I got your point, but how can I drain my battery completely? I did what you earlier mentioned, but my battery drainis 10.5% per house it has increased

I think the memory has not got wiped
    Not an app..although that's a good idea! Unlock escreen has a tool to drain the battery.
    02-20-12 11:20 AM
    Not an app..although that's a good idea! Unlock escreen has a tool to drain the battery.
    Where exactly can I get unlock escreen?
    02-20-12 11:27 AM
    Does the conditioning have to be in the phone or can I use the battery slot of the cradle? I have a lot to learn in this area. All my pre-BB phones I had a spare, plus usually ran with an extended battery. I didn't have to pay much attention.

Now I have two batteries a place to charge both at the same time and not sure how double batteries gets handled for conditioning. And I have to somehow juggle that with pretty much needing my phone during my waking hours, even if that's 7am to midnight. At least at the moment, I'm not expecting any panic calls in the middle of the night.

I think there's a thread someplace about getting into the escreen. Guess I'll have to go hunting for it, later.
    02-20-12 11:35 AM
    I got into the escreen what do I do next?

EDIT: I found the battery discharge screen.
    I'll do it in an hour

Should I charge my phone using my wall socket or PC?
    Last edited by rgshah3; 02-20-12 at 11:43 AM.
    02-20-12 11:38 AM
    Where exactly can I get unlock escreen?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...et-use-512322/

One of my OSBB team mates wrote this

Does the conditioning have to be in the phone or can I use the battery slot of the cradle? I have a lot to learn in this area. All my pre-BB phones I had a spare, plus usually ran with an extended battery. I didn't have to pay much attention.

Now I have two batteries a place to charge both at the same time and not sure how double batteries gets handled for conditioning. And I have to somehow juggle that with pretty much needing my phone during my waking hours, even if that's 7am to midnight. At least at the moment, I'm not expecting any panic calls in the middle of the night.

I think there's a thread someplace about getting into the escreen. Guess I'll have to go hunting for it, later.
    There may be an actual conditioning stand, but I haven't seen one
    02-20-12 11:48 AM
    i clicked on force discharge, but nothing happened
    02-20-12 12:03 PM
    Battery drain
    02-20-12 12:29 PM
    I think we need to clear our head of certain terms. Instead of "off" the phone is actually in "standby" mode. For it to actually be "off" the battery has to be removed.

rgshah3...you're proving my point. Because your battery won't charge passed a certain level nor discharge passed a certain level, that IS a memory effect. Your battery/phone - haven't tracked down where the info is stored yet - forces your phone to hold at 2 extreme thresholds, and no more. See if you can force your phone to shutdown. Without plugging into a charging source, press the power button to see if it will wake. If it wakes up it hasn't fully discharged.

Look at the image posted...

Now, see how linear my recharge line is, where I have it high lit? Now look back at the previous images I've already posted, and you'll see the non-linear recharge lines, which denote me charging my phone in it's active state. I'm sure someone who wasn't paying attention, or skipped thru reading my nonsense will say "that's because you had your phone 'off' while you recharged". But I started this by stating that our phones are NOT off, just in stand by mode. Can't record anything in an "off" state.

So...what does this "linear" line prove on the graph??

Anyone..anyone?? Bueller...Bueller??
    Even after my phone discharges completely and I plug in a charger, it automatically boots up. No green light or anything.
    02-20-12 12:41 PM
    I haven't noticed a change in my discharge rate.
    02-20-12 12:52 PM
    Well, nothing changed after entering the code. Yes, numerous times. At any rate, some BPs and a few phone calls got it down to zero on the screen from 3%(on the help screen) prior to the last BP and gave me the warnings when rebooting. At any rate, it's charging.
    02-20-12 02:11 PM
    Well, nothing changed after entering the code. Yes, numerous times. At any rate, some BPs and a few phone calls got it down to zero on the screen from 3%(on the help screen) prior to the last BP and gave me the warnings when rebooting. At any rate, it's charging.
    Mine, too. We'll see what happens (battery from 9800). Then, if all goes well, to get into the same process for the battery that came with it.
    02-20-12 02:21 PM
    Well, nothing changed after entering the code. Yes, numerous times. :
    Same here. Nothing changed.
    Could not access engineering screen.
    02-20-12 02:55 PM
    My battery drained faster today, I unplugged it at 8.30 am. Its 3.30 pm and my phone has 4% battery left.. I hardly used it today because I was in the movies. I just removed it from the holster and it was 4%
    Been out of coverage (black spot) suck battery so much! Use radio saver
    02-20-12 05:11 PM
    Mine, too. We'll see what happens (battery from 9800). Then, if all goes well, to get into the same process for the battery that came with it.
    Battery drained to the point of phone rebooting by itself, then saying it was drained to the point of shutting down the phone. Put the phone on the charger. Charged via USB. After 1.5 hours, got the green light. Turned on the phone, took it off the charger. Battery level showed 99+. Did one app install, phone rebooted without my intervention. Phone came back up saying I was now at 52%, a loss of 48% in less than 5 minutes?!?

That was the battery from the 9800. I now have the other battery in the phone, which had been charging in the spare battery slot of my cradle. Battery Saver set to be always on. After 45 minutes, I'm still showing 99+ and no sporadic resets. I'll see what the other battery does after overnight charging in the battery slot ,from USB.
    02-20-12 05:18 PM
    Do they have an all language version of this leak?
    02-20-12 06:23 PM
543 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD