My jawbone icon ducks juice likes sieve, whereas my Plantronics is not as bad. But, I notice the spikes after a call.
    I'm all Plantronics: Backbeat903, Voyager Pro+, Discovery 975. Haven't used the 903 much with this phone and haven't checked if the 975's lack of A2DP might lower the numbers. I just remembered I have Vlingo set up. I might try uninstalling to see if it might be polling audio ports awaiting input, which might make BT more active.
    02-18-12 12:54 PM
    My drain is 9% per hour

I charge my phone overnight therefore my battery drain has reduced because its 100% for 7 hours of the day
    02-18-12 12:55 PM
    you should reload your phone every night to help the battery stay in better health...
    02-18-12 12:57 PM
    you should reload your phone every night to help the battery stay in better health...
    Huh? I didn't get you!

You mean to say reload my os every night?
    02-18-12 12:59 PM
    went too fast and used a french expression... meant to charge it
    02-18-12 01:00 PM
    Yeah! My phone charges for like 7 hours everynight.
    02-18-12 01:03 PM
    ok... because some people still think that they need to empty their batts before charging them...

Also do not let battery on the charger once they are full if the charger do not disconnect, it will make battery die long before their time.
    02-18-12 01:05 PM
    In some of the battery discussions, I've seen it suggested that it's also best to charge with the phone off so that there's no drain after full charge. I have auto off at quarter past midnight, auto on 6:45am.
    02-18-12 01:06 PM
    In some of the battery discussions, I've seen it suggested that it's also best to charge with the phone off so that there's no drain after full charge. I have auto off at quarter past midnight, auto on 6:45am.
    Well, as long as you have a charger than can give more than what your device consume it should not be a real problem. As long as you make sure that you disconnect it after a good charge, that you charge it often (charging could occur as soon as you hit 50%)... it should be ok!

Also take care if you work in a cold or hot place... This will also tend to reduce battery health!
    02-18-12 01:10 PM
    ok... because some people still think that they need to empty their batts before charging them...

Also do not let battery on the charger once they are full if the charger do not disconnect, it will make battery die long before their time.
    My phone might be getting charged by around 3am, but I'm fast asleep at that time
    02-18-12 01:12 PM
    I guess I'll do that and observe the difference

I'll auto switch it off between 3am and 6.30 am
    02-18-12 01:13 PM
    My phone might be getting charged by around 3am, but I'm fast asleep at that time
    8 hours a day on the charger is not a crime... but if you do not use you BB for the weekend, charge them overnight and then disconnect it...
    02-18-12 01:13 PM
    My device analyzer reports

Attached below
    02-18-12 01:17 PM

Attached below
    Not even doing a full day ?
    02-18-12 01:21 PM
    Not even doing a full day ?
    Your talking about a full day, it doesn't even do 12 hours :'(
    02-18-12 01:23 PM
    I'm all Plantronics: Backbeat903, Voyager Pro+, Discovery 975. Haven't used the 903 much with this phone and haven't checked if the 975's lack of A2DP might lower the numbers. I just remembered I have Vlingo set up. I might try uninstalling to see if it might be polling audio ports awaiting input, which might make BT more active.
    Still using my Voyager Pro+. I haven't used Vlingo for some time now.
    02-18-12 01:32 PM
    Have you tried to uninstall BatteryEx ?

I switched BW to weathereye... I spared a bit like that... also WE have GPS localisation in it.. so you read the weather arround were you are...

As I read deToday seems to enter in the hungryman categories of apps...
    OK. Uninstalled BeWeather, Vlingo, and BatteryEx, turned off drToday, switched to a nonA2DP BT headset. Did a battery swap. I'm now draining 5%/hour instead of 4%/hour for the first full hour. Those percentages according to Device Analyzer. That hour was heavy on BBM and Facebook communicating about someone's passing. So, we'll see what the second hour does.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-18-12 03:29 PM
    OK. Uninstalled BeWeather, Vlingo, and BatteryEx, turned off drToday, switched to a nonA2DP BT headset. Did a battery swap. I'm now draining 5%/hour instead of 4%/hour for the first full hour. Those percentages according to Device Analyzer. That hour was heavy on BBM and Facebook communicating about someone's passing. So, we'll see what the second hour does.
    Two hours strait at 3%, the second hour with deToday running. Added Quickweather for onscreen, will reinstall Vlingo and see what the next couple of hours do.
    02-18-12 05:46 PM

Attached below
    expand this in the middle of the graph, where it shows it charging, and expand the graph where it shows your discharge, by the hourly scale. Seems like your phone is being charged faster than normal. That would surely affect discharge rates. I know most of us think "as long as it plugs in, it will charge my phone" but if you check the ratings on device chargers, the outputs vary. Not saying that you do that, but many do. Like, I charge my phone using the usb out from my laptop. Slower charge, but my discharge rate is better than a wall charge.
    02-18-12 06:37 PM
    Hi,

This is my first attempt at upgrading the OS on my Torch 9810. It came from Rogers pre-loaded with 7.0.0.254 which is the latest load for that phone for Rogers. Last night I decided to unlock my phone and it appears to have worked flawlessly (not sure it has anything to do with my issue, but I thought I'd mention it).

I downloaded the leaked OS 7.1.0.258 and proceeded to run the executable. It ran fine and DM came up and detected the new OS. I then deleted the vendor.xml file as described in the upgrade tutorial I read.

I then started the upgrade. It ran fine for a few minutes and then I see a message on my phone. Something like "the battery on your phone can no longer be charged on the USB port". This always happens during the upgrade phase "connecting to boot ROM". Obviously it must time out, then I see the message "reconnecting to JVM" and then I get an error message saying that my phone was disconnected. My phone reboots and I'm back to square one.

It's as if the USB port on my phone goes dead in the middle of the upgrade. Has anyone else seen this? The USB port on my phone never goes dead normally so this is puzzling.

Thanks in advance!

Eric
    02-18-12 08:35 PM
    Hi,

It's as if the USB port on my phone goes dead in the middle of the upgrade. Has anyone else seen this? The USB port on my phone never goes dead normally so this is puzzling.

Eric
    Are you by any chance using a Mac with a virtual Windows machine like Fusion or Parallels? There is a known issue with these and BB OS upgrades--the virtual USB port cannot reinitialize quickly enough to recognize the "wiped" BB and you may end up with no OS at all.

If this is the case, or for others with this problem, the only solution is to use a PC or to install Boot Camp on the Mac and upgrade from that. Of course, you can install the latest official OS for your BB on a Mac using the Mac version of the DM, but it is difficult to install a leaked or unofficial OS (it can be done by transferring files from a PC, but probably not worth the effort).
    02-18-12 08:50 PM
    Thanks for the reply, but no I'm using a PC running XP.
    02-18-12 09:08 PM
    expand this in the middle of the graph, where it shows it charging, and expand the graph where it shows your discharge, by the hourly scale. Seems like your phone is being charged faster than normal. That would surely affect discharge rates. I know most of us think "as long as it plugs in, it will charge my phone" but if you check the ratings on device chargers, the outputs vary. Not saying that you do that, but many do. Like, I charge my phone using the usb out from my laptop. Slower charge, but my discharge rate is better than a wall charge.
    I don't have a blackberry charger. I use a samsung charger
    Output : 5.0V� 0.7A
    02-18-12 09:17 PM
    Here you go
    02-18-12 09:24 PM
    Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Eric
    Have you tried a different USB port on your PC? Some PCs have a configuration where only certain of the ports put out full rated DC amperage - or, it could be that one of the USB ports on your PC is flaky.
    02-18-12 09:27 PM
543 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD