I am on AT&T and I did a fresh wipe using BBSAK and then loaded .258 and my hotspot does NOT work. It allows me to enable it and pick a WPA2 password and then pops up an error saying hotspot is not enabled for this account.

Also, I am not able to switch from 2G to 2G/3G/4G. Just stuck on AT&T in the radio.

Same issues as .190+ for me. Can anyone confirm that is on AT&T that these work and if so how??

Thanks!
    I have AT&T with 205 and hot spot works fine but uses a LOT of battery. I do have a tethering data plan for my 9810. That is probably the difference. AT&T wants you to pay for using the higher data functions.
    02-17-12 12:55 PM
    Hopefully this OS will continue to get better with time. Even with the Battery Saver/Manager set to ”always on", I'm not noticing any performance issues. So far, the browser is quick and very responsive for me..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-17-12 04:48 PM
    Device Analyzer in the previous version will report I am low on memory under 30%.

.258 no longer report I am low on memory at 28%.
    02-17-12 06:04 PM
    Has anyone experienced issues with GPS?
    yes, the first time it took FOREVER to acclimate with google maps...like maybe 5 mins. (yes, i was outdoors) - then it was fine on subsequent tries.
    dragons9sons likes this.
    02-17-12 07:48 PM
    yes, the first time it took FOREVER to acclimate with google maps...like maybe 5 mins. (yes, i was outdoors) - then it was fine on subsequent tries.
    I believe Google already said they're no longer supporting the Blackberry platform. So, as they keep making modifications to various parts of their product line, less of what we have installed from them will work right. There's Blackberry maps, Blackberry Traffic, Mapquest, etc. instead.
    02-18-12 12:07 AM
    Hopefully this OS will continue to get better with time. Even with the Battery Saver/Manager set to �always on", I'm not noticing any performance issues. So far, the browser is quick and very responsive for me..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I may try it set that way. Even having the phone off at night while it charges, I'm still seeing battery drain get worse. And, after all the glowing reports of .258 battery life, wondering what I might have done wrong. I know Device Analyzer says my bluetooth (pretty much always on) is a big offender. But I need BT and it wasn't anywhere near as much an issue on 7.0.
    02-18-12 12:13 AM
    I may try it set that way. Even having the phone off at night while it charges, I'm still seeing battery drain get worse. And, after all the glowing reports of .258 battery life, wondering what I might have done wrong. I know Device Analyzer says my bluetooth (pretty much always on) is a big offender. But I need BT and it wasn't anywhere near as much an issue on 7.0.
    Hi u might need to check ur charger or the battery. I am using the .258 and my battery stays longer than when i was on 7.0!
    02-18-12 06:02 AM
    Hi u might need to check ur charger or the battery. I am using the .258 and my battery stays longer than when i was on 7.0!
    I actually have two batteries, the one that came with the phone and the one from my 9800. I have a cradle with a spare battery slot. Both charge overnight, I rotate them, particularly when one gets really low. The charger worked perfectly well up until I installed 7.1.0.190. Then there were known battery issues with the OS. When I installed .205, it got better, but not good. And .258 is worse than either. And I have charged by putting the phone on the supplied charger cable instead of in the cradle. Still worse with 7.1 than 7.0.
    02-18-12 09:11 AM
    I actually have two batteries, the one that came with the phone and the one from my 9800. I have a cradle with a spare battery slot.
    That's really cool. Where did you get it, please?
    Thanks!
    02-18-12 09:28 AM
    That's really cool. Where did you get it, please?
    Thanks!
    Here's the Amazon link: Amazon.com: Cradle with Battery Charger for BlackBerry Torch 9800: MP3 Players & Accessories . Someone else here posted a link to this one because they were happy with it. I seem to be the only reviewer. There are others, from other suppliers, that look the same but had widely varying reviews. Mine has worked well since I got it last August.

I added a comment to my review. The original charge was slow. Probably because the battery from the 9800 had been sitting without being recharged for awhile, though not fully dead. Subsequent charges of both have been At normal rates.
    Last edited by kraski; 02-18-12 at 10:19 AM.
    02-18-12 10:12 AM
    I have .258 on my device...

Everything is good so far except my SMS... When I go up in the SMS hisotry, I can't get down to the last message after... I need to get back to the message list and click back on the message ...

anyone else having this prob or having a fix ?

I also experimented a screen display prob. My screen bumped to the top-left corner, making me see only the bottom right corner of the screen... Holded BB button and it came back!

Also a little bug with the Wi-Fi when using media server... seems that it quit my network for unknown reason...

more bug than .205!!!!!
    Last edited by Xop777; 02-18-12 at 12:01 PM.
    02-18-12 10:57 AM
    Update: I'm now running Battery Saver all the time, here's Device Analyzer results --

Edit: the screenshot didnt get the top part. THat says drain rate is 1.82%, charge rate 1.38%, average 93.96%.

The phone came off the charger 9:15am, it's now 12:15pm. BatteryEx and the phone say I'm at 89%. Decent, but no bluetooth all morning. I normally have BT on all the time, but I do more text, email, BBM than actual phone calls. I would think that BT connection without use shouldn't still take 33+% per hour. RIM really needs to fix the 7.1 BT stack or Mecca needs to come up with a hybrid that fixes the battery hogs. Please!?!
    Last edited by kraski; 02-18-12 at 11:26 AM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-18-12 11:23 AM
    Update: I'm now running Battery Saver all the time, here's Device Analyzer results --

Click to view quoted image

Edit: the screenshot didnt get the top part. THat says drain rate is 1.82%, charge rate 1.38%, average 93.96%.

The phone came off the charger 9:15am, it's now 12:15pm. BatteryEx and the phone say I'm at 89%. Decent, but no bluetooth all morning. I normally have BT on all the time, but I do more text, email, BBM than actual phone calls. I would think that BT connection without use shouldn't still take 33+% per hour. RIM really needs to fix the 7.1 BT stack or Mecca needs to come up with a hybrid that fixes the battery hogs. Please!?!
    what apps are running ? I can do 24hrs without charging with BT on... Texting, e-mailing and BBMing...
    02-18-12 11:27 AM
    what apps are running ? I can do 24hrs without charging with BT on... Texting, e-mailing and BBMing...
    Home screen, Browser, Messaging, BBM, Phone, Alarm are my always on stuff. I use all of those, too. Along with Facebook, Google+ and PocketInformant. Sometimes, AppWorld and Blackberry Traffic, but both of those less frequently. I use deToday with BeWeather integration for my homescreen and BatteryEx.

Whether it makes a difference or not, both BBM and AppWorld are the latest betas. This morning has been fairly busy, mostly BBM. With Battery Saver set at always on, I'm at about 4%/hour according to BatteryEx and the phone, 7% according to device Analyzer, BT started at 5.6% & jumped to 42%. Bluetooth is the huge number.
    Last edited by kraski; 02-18-12 at 12:24 PM.
    02-18-12 12:13 PM
    Home screen, Browser, Messaging, BBM, Phone, Alarm are my always on stuff. I use all of those, too. Along with Facebook, Google+ and PocketInformant. Sometimes, AppWorld and Blackberry Traffic, but both of those less frequently. I use deToday with BeWeather integration for my homescreen and BatteryEx.
    Ok... BeWeather love your battery for sure it wont help you spare your bat... As for facebook what is the refresh rate ? For what reason are you using BatteryEx ?
    02-18-12 12:19 PM
    Ok... BeWeather love your battery for sure it wont help you spare your bat... As for facebook what is the refresh rate ? For what reason are you using BatteryEx ?
    BeWeather refreshes every 1.5 hours, Facebook is set to 2 hour refreshes, but I still seem to get instant push on Facebook. BatteryEx for custom Battery display.
    02-18-12 12:30 PM
    I purchased deToday last week. Very good purchase. The numbers on my wifes' 9810 are similar to yours. Same apps as you and I.

I was only allowed to take this pic and give it back to her.......although I paid for it. Also set to always on. I post this for others that are frustrated with the OS installation or the numbers
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-18-12 at 12:43 PM.
    02-18-12 12:31 PM
    Have you tried to uninstall BatteryEx ?

I switched BW to weathereye... I spared a bit like that... also WE have GPS localisation in it.. so you read the weather arround were you are...

As I read deToday seems to enter in the hungryman categories of apps...
    02-18-12 12:33 PM
    I purchased deToday last week. Very good purchase. The numbers on my wifes' 9810 are similar to yours. Same apps as you and I. I post this for others that are frustrated with the OS installation or the numbers.
    The thing that bugs me is that OS6 on my 9800 and OS7 on this phone didn't have bluetooth sucking up that much battery juice. 43% with one brief call is absurd! The one call I took today was before I turned on BT about 75 minutes ago. That, plus the one I made with BT on, took about 4 minutes total. The calls were 8.54%.
    02-18-12 12:42 PM
    Have you tried to uninstall BatteryEx ?

I switched BW to weathereye... I spared a bit like that... also WE have GPS localisation in it.. so you read the weather arround were you are...

As I read deToday seems to enter in the hungryman categories of apps...
    How did you get WeatherEye?

Its not supported on our phone :s

You got a sideload?
    02-18-12 12:43 PM
    The thing that bugs me is that OS6 on my 9800 and OS7 on this phone didn't have bluetooth sucking up that much battery juice. 43% with one brief call is absurd! The one call I took today was before I turned on BT about 75 minutes ago. That, plus the one I made with BT on, took about 4 minutes total. The calls were 8.54%.
    My jawbone icon sucks juice likes sieve, whereas my Plantronics is not as bad. But, I notice the spikes after a call.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-18-12 at 12:50 PM.
    02-18-12 12:47 PM
    How did you get WeatherEye?

Its not supported on our phone :s

You got a sideload?
    Hum... just there: Weather Apps & Services: WeatherEye Mobile for BlackBerry
    02-18-12 12:49 PM
    I am running BT on all the time, so it connect to my car hand-free as soon as I am in range and the motor is running...

No BT drainage...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-18-12 12:51 PM
    So did you download d app or you see d weather online?
    02-18-12 12:52 PM
    downloaded... with the QR code
    02-18-12 12:54 PM
543 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD