GPS Temporarily Unavailable.

On google maps. Anyone facing the same problem?
    02-15-12 11:17 AM
    Yeah! Mecca your right, the refresh bug is still there
    02-15-12 11:17 AM
    i am downloading this version since i install the 205 3 days ago and im having issues with speaker and some settings disappear from my options but can anyone tell me is anything happens if i install this after the 205 or its ok to do so thanks
    02-15-12 11:29 AM
    MECCA, is your hotspot working on AT&T?
    Active and strong
    cudinhkien likes this.
    02-15-12 11:34 AM
    Oh boy...here we go.
    have you had any problems yet ??????
    02-15-12 11:37 AM
    GPS Temporarily Unavailable.

On google maps. Anyone facing the same problem?
    Might be a google maps thing. I've stopped using that app since bbtraffic gained audio, and google said they're not supporting BB anymore

i am downloading this version since i install the 205 3 days ago and im having issues with speaker and some settings disappear from my options but can anyone tell me is anything happens if i install this after the 205 or its ok to do so thanks
    You can install safely
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-15-12 11:40 AM
    Something I am thankful for on this new OS. With every prior upgrade, I still had the problem of AT&T Address book being the only option for my contacts. With .258 I was able to choose Outlook for my contacts!! Now that constant source of frustration has been removed for me.
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    02-15-12 11:42 AM
    This is one of the best 7.1 builds for me to date. Overall everything seems to moves faster and smoother. Battery life is great so far, but I need to give it a few days to get a better feeling. Also, hotspot is working for me on At&t, although I've only turned it on to run a few speed tests. So, far speed is about double vs bridge browsing.
    02-15-12 11:51 AM
    Does anyone know if the are any vendor files that need to be deleted?
    02-15-12 12:22 PM
    Does anyone know if the are any vendor files that need to be deleted?
    I found one, I just delete it to be safe.
    02-15-12 12:24 PM
    MECCA, is your hotspot working on AT&T?
    Not only is it there, but tested. I shut off my home wifi and connected my netbook to the hotspot. I live in an area that has bad reception. A couple of blocks in any direction improves that. Anyway, speed is a little slower than regular wifi, but it connects and works well. Since my goal is to have it when I don't have wired or wifi accessibility, it's perfect for me. And, in a better locale, I'm suspecting speeds will be much better.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-15-12 12:33 PM
    Not only is it there, but tested. I shut off my home wifi and connected my netbook to the hotspot. I live in an area that has bad reception. A couple of blocks in any direction improves that. Anyway, speed is a little slower than regular wifi, but it connects and works well. Since my goal is to have it when I don't have wired or wifi accessibility, it's perfect for me. And, in a better locale, I'm suspecting speeds will be much better.
    I'm just worried about the "Evil Empire" sending me a bill for the Death Star.
    02-15-12 12:39 PM
    Active and strong
    But you have a new tethering plan now as far as I remember. I have seen a few posts now where people stated that it works for them without now. Is that official?
    02-15-12 12:47 PM
    I am on AT&T and I did a fresh wipe using BBSAK and then loaded .258 and my hotspot does NOT work. It allows me to enable it and pick a WPA2 password and then pops up an error saying hotspot is not enabled for this account.

Also, I am not able to switch from 2G to 2G/3G/4G. Just stuck on AT&T in the radio.

Same issues as .190+ for me. Can anyone confirm that is on AT&T that these work and if so how??

Thanks!
    AT&T locks down the 2G/4G switch option. I doubt any OS build will get around that.

Mobile hotspot on AT&T still requires the proper data plan to work, I believe.
    02-15-12 12:49 PM
    Yes, im in the same battlship..but will only use it when traveling..
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-15-12 12:51 PM
    Trust me when I say IT WILL HAPPEN, if you go beyond your prescribed data. Read the 9900 threads for clarity.

Update: So I just hit red, in the battery dept. I'm guesstimating that I installed around the 3pm hour, yesterday. I'm rounding my total to 22hrs.

I must note that I left hotspot on for over an hour - forgot to turn it off - and I know that reduced my electrons swiftly. Cool thing is, hotspot recognizes when it's idle and will turn itself off. That's a win in my book.

According to Device Analyzer, I'm at the 15% mark and my discharge max ia 4.41% per hour - at it's highest - which i point the finger at hotspot being on.
    02-15-12 12:56 PM
    Does anyone know if ATT will catch on and start monitoring if not already those using mobile hotspot without proper plan?
    02-15-12 01:06 PM
    blackberry torch 9810 users are getting a brand spanking new os 7.1 build to play with today. Os 7.1.0.258 has dropped for the 9810, but we�re not sure what may be new with this release. Be sure to make a backup before you load up and let us know in the comments what you might find.
    Download torch 9810 os 7.1.0.258 from:

links are fixed!

rapidshare
    jumbofiles
    mirrorcreators

leaked: Blackberry torch 9810 os 7.1.0.258 | n4bb - news for blackberry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    is any link working at all i have downloaded the rapidshare and wont work after wating an hour
    02-15-12 01:11 PM
    Does anyone know if ATT will catch on and start monitoring if not already those using mobile hotspot without proper plan?
    MOSTLY YES they will
    Bocajrs0 likes this.
    02-15-12 01:12 PM
    i have att and my hotspot wont work with out the proper plan
    02-15-12 01:16 PM
    What the ??? Dropbox has suspended the public link I posted for 3days. Too many downloads...did a nation just use my link, or something???

Update: The notification screen still has refresh errors, at least on my phone. Also, I'm nearing my 1st 24hr mark, and my battery is at 25%. I have twitter, facebook, socialfeeds, bbm groups always on, approximate talk time since installing .258 is roughly 2hrs.
    Didn't realize it it that close to 24 hours for myself - even with the time zone change. Mine is not bad at all. I changed from the 80% to all the time last night when I didn't like the numbers on the battery analyzer vs. the battery saver/helper settings. I have all of the apps you have - including a bunch that were readded after the upgrade. I'll hold on posting numbers until later tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-15-12 at 02:22 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-15-12 01:17 PM
    MOSTLY YES they will
    I just think that's it's BS that we are paying a premium every month for data plans and we should be allow to use it as we see fit without tacking on additinal fees.
    mararamirez and Mecca EL like this.
    02-15-12 01:19 PM
    yes i know, i moved from sprint to att to pay less but i regret it cause from unlimited to 2gb is way too much difference but at least my bb torch uses a lot less data than android
    02-15-12 01:26 PM
    yes i know, i moved from sprint to att to pay less but i regret it cause from unlimited to 2gb is way too much difference but at least my bb torch uses a lot less data than android
    Ahhh..yes..luckily i still have my granfathered unlimited data plan
    02-15-12 01:30 PM
    i have att and my hotspot wont work with out the proper plan
    I tried to activate the hotspot last night and a notice said that additional charges may apply. it seemed like it was ready to go. I did not activate the hotspot in fear of being charged. Will AT&T bump your plan up to the tethering plan automatically? Or will it be some sort of additional prorated charge based on use. I currently have the 300MB per month plan.
    Last edited by bap2510; 02-15-12 at 01:34 PM.
    02-15-12 01:32 PM
543 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD