Mobile hotspot appears to be available on mine with out the ATT "Call to Subscribe" screen. I am not going to mess with it though since I don't need and am not interested in a surprise "upgrade" next month. Reboot time seems to be identical to .205.

I had problem installing using Apploader at first. Completed install way too quickly and device all but froze up, and still showed .205 after reboot. Wiped using BBSAK, but then BBSAK showed there was no OS on my computer. After Removing/Reinstalling the OS to my computer I was able to get it to load properly with Apploader.
    02-14-12 06:57 PM
    Installed using DM 7. Grandfathered unlimited plan. Haven't tried HotSpot yet. But it turned on, gave me a message that it might add to my bill. No arguments that I have the wrong plan and need to add tethering.
    02-14-12 07:15 PM
    I've been trying to download the leak but Norton keeps blocking it. How do I resolve this? The same thing happened with the 205 leak.
    Norton sucks.

1. Install and run AppRemover and remove Norton

2.Install Microsoft security Essentials

3. ????????????????

4. Profit
    bap2510 likes this.
    02-14-12 07:17 PM
    Lol. We're not the one that said screw at&t.....and uh, made aasumptions. Heck, I even said "good luck" to you.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-14-12 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Already had my battle with at&t 2 months ago over the hotspot
    Bocajrs0 and Mecca EL like this.
    02-14-12 07:22 PM
    Norton sucks.

1. Install and run AppRemover and remove Norton

2.Install Microsoft security Essentials

3. ????????????????

4. Profit
    Yeah, go and check how many processes it runs and how much RAM it swallows. It's NUTS! Once you removed it, you will be amazed how much faster your machine runs, even if you have one of the latest and greatest "66 core 40,000GB RAM" terminators. Norton bogs everything down that you throw at it.
    peteygrizz and Mecca EL like this.
    02-14-12 07:24 PM
    Lol. We're not the one that said screw at&t.....and uh, made aasumptions. Heck, I even said "good luck" to you.
    It's the fact that I've been a loyal ATT customer like im sure many out there and to pay addtl fees for such feauture is BS..I wont be using it much since most of my devices are on wi-fi and or connected to my LAN.
    02-14-12 07:30 PM
    The Battery analyzer had my battery dropping 16% after the initial upgrade a few hours ago. So, I'm leaving the Batterysaver "always on" for now.
    02-14-12 07:41 PM
    It's the fact that I've been a loyal ATT customer like im sure many out there and to pay addtl fees for such feauture is BS..I wont be using it much since most of my devices are on wi-fi and or connected to my LAN.
    I've been with them for a loong time. Lots of battles. My last one was over the hotspot. So, I get it. I've been barred from a few stores over the years due to a difference of opinions.
    02-14-12 07:45 PM
    why are you removing cods?
    02-14-12 08:08 PM
    why are you removing cods?
    This is my reason.

I only keep the essentials
    02-14-12 08:25 PM
    I have been trying to download 7.1.0.258 for the past 2 hours without any success. Anyone have a working download link?
    02-14-12 09:57 PM
    Thank you sir, for the leak and the mirrors. Looking forward to a test drive tonight.

I do not have high expectations for this incremental increase but what else is there to do on Februaury 14th?

GAME ON!
    So sad! You should be spending Valentines day with the woman who loves you.
    02-14-12 10:09 PM
    i tried to shrunk the os but now i don't see the "battery save mode" option on the device menu.

it was when i installed the hole os without deleting anything. BUT. help and language files are jut useless so i deleted them using bbhtools . and now i can't see the option
    02-14-12 10:30 PM
    What's the difference between the file of 197mb and that of 242mb?
    Is the 197mb one missing something?? The 197mb one supports Japanese input system, which should add extra mb but it's file size is far smaller than the 242mb one which doesn't support Japanese input system.
    02-14-12 10:45 PM
    BlackBerry Torch 9810 users are getting a brand spanking new OS 7.1 build to play with today. OS 7.1.0.258 has dropped for the 9810, but we�re not sure what may be new with this release. Be sure to make a backup before you load up and let us know in the comments what you might find.
    Download Torch 9810 OS 7.1.0.258 from:

Links are fixed!

Rapidshare
    JumboFiles
    MirrorCreators

Leaked: BlackBerry Torch 9810 OS 7.1.0.258 | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    just tried jumbofiles and attached is the error
    02-14-12 11:27 PM
    i tried to shrunk the os but now i don't see the "battery save mode" option on the device menu.

it was when i installed the hole os without deleting anything. BUT. help and language files are jut useless so i deleted them using bbhtools . and now i can't see the option
    You may not be missing much. As far as I could tell by testing it tonight, it shuts off radios when the phone hits a battery level you preselect. It looks like the Crackberry tweaks are more useful for battery life extension while your phone is still fully usable.
    02-14-12 11:29 PM
    I have to say that I am impressed with this OS. Loading was easy, overall speed great, nice and fluid. Obviously too soon to judge battery life but I have high hopes for this one. I like the battery saver option and the battery anylizer has been such a valuble tool since it first came on the scene.

I'm a happy camper......so far!! Lol!!
    02-14-12 11:41 PM
    just tried jumbofiles and attached is the error
    Here is a torrent version for anyone having trouble downloading it directly. I will seed it for at least a week.
    02-14-12 11:51 PM
    sweet!

does anyone know how if it's possible to install using a Mac?

i hate OSX, just using it because my bootcamp got screwed up. otherwise, i'll try to do this at work tmr.

thanks!
    02-15-12 12:14 AM
    Finally got this installed after wiping with BBSAK.

Can't get BB maps to work, installed but no icon. Anyone else had this problem?
    02-15-12 12:20 AM
    Downloading
    02-15-12 01:21 AM
    any other mirror?

still giving me an error
    02-15-12 02:03 AM
    any other mirror?

still giving me an error
    Here you go: http://db.tt/1w2BAeI8
    02-15-12 03:09 AM
    Thanks mecca
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-15-12 03:27 AM
    The upload/ download icon has been moved to the top left corner. Or is it only with me?

EDIT: it moved back to the top right corner
    Last edited by rgshah3; 02-15-12 at 03:36 AM.
    02-15-12 03:29 AM
543 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD