can anyone please post the new battery saving mode app..ie (net_rim_batterystretch.cod)...so i can try it out on my 9900

thanx!
    02-09-12 02:47 AM
    can anyone please post the new battery saving mode app..ie (net_rim_batterystretch.cod)...so i can try it out on my 9900

thanx!
    Phil already try it And it doesn't work.
    02-09-12 04:16 AM
    ok. thanx for the heads up.
    02-09-12 10:45 AM
    so after installing it ran into a weird issue maybe some others can shed some light on.

First day running Os7.1 was awesome, everything seemed faster, Wifi Hotspot worked well with my Tablet, end of the day the battery was even 15% higher than normal. Plug it in at night to charge, woke up and the phone felt pretty warm. After getting ready for the morning, listening to music for about 1 hour on it, battery drained from 100% to 1%. Checked and there was no other apps running, and the only connection was 3G, everything else was disabled.

I'm letting it fully recharge now to see if it happens again.

I've previously been using os7.0 on this phone since release and no major battery issues, or warmth to the phone.
    02-09-12 01:52 PM
    i just got a new 9790 and install this leak. i reboot several times the BB, and after i did a full charge, after taking the phone from the charger i had 280% descharge rate !!!!
    i reboot it again and without doing anything i have close of 20% descharge rate!!!
    somethings wrong with this leak
    i think i will try the official 7.0.609..
    02-09-12 03:10 PM
    i just got a new 9790 and install this leak. i reboot several times the BB, and after i did a full charge, after taking the phone from the charger i had 280% descharge rate !!!!
    i reboot it again and without doing anything i have close of 20% descharge rate!!!
    somethings wrong with this leak
    i think i will try the official 7.0.609..
    Wow the maximum I had with me abusing the phone was 37% If you really have that avg discharge I'd suggest you to bring back the phone (maybe just a faulty battery) for replacement NOW
    02-09-12 06:11 PM
    Same as the device analyser, must to be because of updated platform
    02-09-12 06:41 PM
    i have just installed this leak, everything seems to be working fine, but i think the ringtones are less louder than the 7.0 OS i pretty sure of that, i've done a full wipe of my device...
    02-09-12 07:10 PM
    Loaded this a few hours ago. I'm not too sure but I noticed that with this build, the ringtone is a bit too soft. Furthermore, it seems that the Speaker Test under Analyzer does not seem to work.

Can't comment much on the battery life yet, but the battery analyzer does provide good data with average discharge rate, highest discharge module, etc.

So far with a few hours of running the highest battery consumption goes to the backlight module it seems
    i agree with you, the ringtones are less louder than 7.0 build i hope rim fix the problem...
    02-09-12 07:54 PM
    Same as the device analyser, must to be because of updated platform
    I think it not same. Device Analyser work well with OS7.0. And I'm using it while I'm using 7.0.0.585/503. I think battery saver mode is connected with .sfi file and 9900 need a newer .sfi to make it work.

Sorry if I'm wrong. Just correct me.
    02-10-12 04:08 AM
    Ouch! So many problems with 7.1? I will wait...
    02-10-12 05:20 AM
    I loaded the 7.1 last night. So far I'm pleased with it. Now have the Wifi hotspot that was promoted as an option on the device. Also (fingers crossed) my battery life seems to be at least better than it was. I wasn't getting 10hrs of minimal use out of it, and the seller has a battery replacement on order for me, but in the meantime ...
    02-10-12 07:04 AM
    R there any changes in the FB app or still the same old fashioned stuff?
    I downloaded the FB & BBM apps from page 3 of this thread. The BBM icon disappeared upon reboot, and despite all my efforts I couldn't get it to reappear even though Device>Application Management showed it as being installed. So I reinstalled 6.1.0.49 and everything is fine again.

FB 2.0.0.61, OTOH, works like a charm! Installed fine, icon present upon reboot, and most importantly, I'M NOW GETTING NOTIFICATIONS IN THE NOTIFICATION BAR AGAIN!!! For the last few iterations of FB, I'd get the star on the FB icon but since I don't have any rows showing on my home screen I wouldn't know about new posts or replies unless I actively checked it. Since installing this version of FB, the notification icon has consistently appeared in the notification bar every time.

I know it's minor, but it makes me happy. Now if someone would just leak a newer 7.1 OS for the 9850 (7.1.0.163 caused strange notification bar problems for me) I'd be really happy.
    02-10-12 08:38 AM
    Ouch! So many problems with 7.1? I will wait...
    No problems here... most of those you see are user error, not the OS.
    blakobecwa likes this.
    02-10-12 02:39 PM
    No problems here... most of those you see are user error, not the OS.
    I agree, i've been using OS 7.1 since this leak came out and it runs great. Everything upgraded perfectly.

There should be no problem with installation or missing icons and such.
    02-10-12 02:53 PM
    The new official 7.0.0.611 release comes with a higher version UTMS file. I am trying to upgrade the UTMS file on the 7.1.0.247 to see how it goes.

----------------------------------
    Gave up the test today, due to out of time.

The installation went successful, no error at start up, but after reboot, it seemed stucking after the progress bar reached 100%. I waited about 10 minutes. Could't wait any longer as I have to leave for home and need to use the phone later.

Will try again next Monday, I think I should wait at least 30 minutes to be fair(unfortunately I didn't have that much time today).

-----------------------
    Tested again today.

NOT WORKING.
    After long waiting on the first reboot, it eventually gives an error 200.
    Last edited by yeek; 02-13-12 at 08:49 AM.
    02-10-12 03:39 PM
    Can anyone please post another link? This one seems to no longer work. Thank-You
    02-11-12 01:50 PM
    So I've been having quite a few freezes and phone restarts lately - I'm about to revert back to 7.0 for now.
    02-11-12 07:42 PM
    For the life of me, i cant find the battery saver option.
    02-11-12 08:04 PM
    Battery life has been superb on this build, with my kinda usage battery life has almost doubled....
    02-11-12 08:40 PM
    Your right, I orginally always had bad battery life, but now I limited my background applications and set the brightness to 10% and have battery saver on "always on".

This is just amazing, I've been using my phone moderately all day, I have 40% battery life remaining after 10+ hours!!!!!

This is amazing!! Before did these tweeks I only had like 5 hours of battery life max!

Amazing battery life for this build!
    02-11-12 11:32 PM
    Battery life has been superb on this build, with my kinda usage battery life has almost doubled....
    can you upload the OS. file in the link on the first page had been deleted.
    many thanks
    02-12-12 06:13 AM
    can you upload the OS. file in the link on the first page had been deleted.
    many thanks
    uploaded as required

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30916830/979...A7.1.0.247.exe
    Last edited by Guyluvsgals; 02-12-12 at 10:49 AM.
    brahmanto, nifty5, ayil and 1 others like this.
    02-12-12 10:45 AM
    Ok as it turns out the battery saver mode disappeared when I removed the Plans application.

Anyhow, the battery life on this leak is pretty bad. I had it fully charged and went grocery shopping and dinner. And I only used foursquare to check into the two places. Total time it took to finish was about 2 hours and battery life went from 100 to 80%.

Everytime I check in I always exit foursquare to conservate the battery. My wife has a 9900 and with the exact same usage it only dropped to 90%

That just my experience and I have been using this leak for about 4 days.
    02-12-12 11:38 PM
    So except the battery issues is everything else alright? Shall we go for it?
    02-13-12 01:10 AM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD