Yes, the Multiupload link itself works, but none of the links given on that page work due to recent events. Perhaps pick up a newspaper and see what's happening in the world over at Megaupload
    DepositFiles works
    01-25-12 08:05 AM
    oh brother...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-25-12 08:19 AM
    I love CrackBerry....and not just because I own 8 BlackBerries. It's the entertainment factor.
    Mecca EL, Azensun and cudinhkien like this.
    01-25-12 12:26 PM
    I love CrackBerry....and not just because I own 8 BlackBerries. It's the entertainment factor.
    Amen!

Gotta do something while I wait (and wait...) for my PB LOL
    01-25-12 12:35 PM
    If the USB were broken, then DM, BBHTools and BBBoss wouldn't recognize the phone either, would they? The phone charges, it transfers files OK, OS upgrades go without a hitch. And no change in what does and doesn't recognize my phone, no matter what USB cord I use. I've even tried changing USB ports. The only thing that changes is whether a particular port or cord will allow charging. And that's normal. Is there something else I've missed?
    Open windows task manager and close every process with either RIM or BB in the name. then run BBSAK. That should fix your connection issues. I have to do that every time I want to connect with bbsak.
    kraski and cudinhkien like this.
    01-25-12 12:45 PM
    been trying to get my hands on this update for over a week. everytime i click the link on post1, i get a fileserve error that i can only download a file i uploaded myself.

can anybody help
    Here u go: http://db.tt/vRpwly2Q
    PredatorGanaz and walcolm like this.
    01-25-12 01:12 PM
    Open windows task manager and close every process with either RIM or BB in the name. then run BBSAK. That should fix your connection issues. I have to do that every time I want to connect with bbsak.
    Pain in the , but it works (no pun intended). BBSAK shows the PIN, but has the Reconnect button highlighted. I just did an app backup and verified that it worked -- even though it looks like BBSAK is indicating a need to reconnect before it can do anything. Thanks.
    01-25-12 02:36 PM
    I found one of the problems to why whatsapp isn't closing. This goes for those that are having 3rd party app issues in general - as long as they are updated for 7.0/7.1 ready status.

It appears that .190 and .205 have a cod missing, that 3rd party apps depend on to operate properly.

net_rim_bbapi_adv_app10089.cod apparently is necessary, so I've included .163 - which is the last of the current versions. Could be that RIM dev's have now either integrated this bit of java with another file set, or excluded it because it wasn't needed - which would mean 3rd party app dev's would need to step up their game

I've provided a download link. Use BBSAK, BBBoss, BBHTools, or whatever works best for you, and inject this on to your device, then soft reboot, and report.

I use the current beta, and I can completely exit out of it. You may also have to reinstall it, because of the possibility of there being 2 different versions running at the same time.

http://db.tt/qbSlyuyZ
    I don't have that module but still can exit out WhatsApp. I am running v.2.7.2330 from AppWorld although I realized they posted an updated version on their website, which stated "VER 2.7.2637 for OS 7.1.0".
    01-25-12 03:41 PM
    Last week i installed the .190 on my Torch 9810, it worked just fine, except i did not see fm radio, or the Tagging option. Hotspot is working but my carrier doesn�t alow tethering. So i moved to the .205, still no TAG or FM Radio.

Does 9810 is ever going to have the FM radio option?
    01-25-12 05:57 PM
    Last week i installed the .190 on my Torch 9810, it worked just fine, except i did not see fm radio, or the Tagging option. Hotspot is working but my carrier doesn�t alow tethering. So i moved to the .205, still no TAG or FM Radio.

Does 9810 is ever going to have the FM radio option?
    The feature can be in the OS on every phone that takes 7.1. But, unless the phone has the appropriate hardware to support it, that feature can't work. Everything I've read indicates the 9810 doesn't.
    cudinhkien likes this.
    01-25-12 06:19 PM
    This is my fourth OS upgrade (last from 7.0.0.585 to 7.1.0.205) and so far everything's good. I think battery life is the same as 585. Nice to see the hotspot option but not yet enabled on my account so I can't test this one. Also noticed add'l RIM apps on my phone like bb device analyzer, bb mobile conferencing and bbm music. Didn't noticed these apps in my previous version 7.0.0.585. Also enabled the screen/keypad lock option that activates when you slide and use the keypad.
    01-26-12 03:25 AM
    You rock
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-26-12 05:59 AM
    Note to self and others, if you have a 9810 and its new with no data plan and no SIM card it wont upgrade, needs to be working and registered to upgrade to 7.1..... took me an hour to figure that out, apploader not recognizing it, not an option in the BB software etc.... was going to upgrade it before I started using it, but looks like I will have to use it then upgrade it...

Russ
    01-26-12 10:05 AM
    Note to self and others, if you have a 9810 and its new with no data plan and no SIM card it wont upgrade, needs to be working and registered to upgrade to 7.1..... took me an hour to figure that out, apploader not recognizing it, not an option in the BB software etc.... was going to upgrade it before I started using it, but looks like I will have to use it then upgrade it...

Russ
    True that. You can't do very much of anything on this awesome device without a data plan and SIM card (working and registered).

Without that, for all intents and purposes, you'll have a very nice paperweight.

Good for you that you figured it out. Did you get it upgraded?
    01-26-12 10:47 AM
    True that. You can't do very much of anything on this awesome device without a data plan and SIM card (working and registered).

Without that, for all intents and purposes, you'll have a very nice paperweight.

Good for you that you figured it out. Did you get it upgraded?
    Thats true, but I already had a 9800 and know the pain of upgrading and how long it takes hence I thought I would pre upgrade my new phone (9810) then drop in my sim from the 9800 and its all upgraded and only have to activate it once etc.., alas it wouldn't let me. Currently doing the upgrade now...
    Last edited by frijolito_uk; 01-26-12 at 01:49 PM.
    01-26-12 01:35 PM
    Thats true, but I already had a 9800 and know the pain of upgrading and how long it takes hence I thought I would pre upgrade my new phone (9810) then drop in my sim from the 9800 and its all upgraded and only have to activate it once etc.., alas it wouldn't let me. Currently doing the upgrade now...
    When was the last time you upgraded?
    DM is pretty painless. You'll just need to add reg codes and sideload and previously sideloaded apps, then restore from back up and that you can.
    01-26-12 05:26 PM
    Mecca, any help in fixing the 'notifications' bug?
    01-27-12 04:41 AM
    Was a while ago since my last upgrade.

Only annoying thing I have found is it constantly corrupts my 32GB class 10 card every time I connect or disconnect the USB. Happened 8 times now. Plugged in my old class 4 16gb card and no problems. Shame, but the wife's happy as I gave her the card along with the 9800 and it works fine...
    01-27-12 12:16 PM
    Mecca, any help in fixing the 'notifications' bug?
    I start building a new hybrid this wkend. I plan to pinpoint which current os has the stable notification bar, and use that.

Was a while ago since my last upgrade.

Only annoying thing I have found is it constantly corrupts my 32GB class 10 card every time I connect or disconnect the USB. Happened 8 times now. Plugged in my old class 4 16gb card and no problems. Shame, but the wife's happy as I gave her the card along with the 9800 and it works fine...
    What os are you curently on?
    01-27-12 05:57 PM
    I start building a new hybrid this wkend. I plan to pinpoint which current os has the stable notification bar, and use that.
    Awesome
    Waiting for it
    .585 had a stable notification bar.
    Can your new hybrid have the same battery life as the .74 or .190? .205 has a bad battery life.
    01-27-12 08:43 PM
    Awesome
    Waiting for it
    .585 had a stable notification bar.
    Can your new hybrid have the same battery life as the .74 or .190? .205 has a bad battery life.
    Yeah. I'll be using the .74 radio file for sure. I really miss being able to switch between 2G and 4G. I do know that that is the only 7.1 OS that maintains that capability.

I'm also making sure that an app is not actually hijacking the notification bar, creating this problem.
    sbmd likes this.
    01-27-12 11:38 PM
    Yeah. I'll be using the .74 radio file for sure. I really miss being able to switch between 2G and 4G. I do know that that is the only 7.1 OS that maintains that capability.

I'm also making sure that an app is not actually hijacking the notification bar, creating this problem.
    Cool

Btw, will appworld detect this hybrid and let me download apps?
    01-28-12 12:07 AM
    Update on my battery life since last weekend. Well... not good.

Since Wednesday, I'm back up to 15%-22%/hour for most waking hours. I had an hour on Thursday where it was 27.59% with very little use.

Not sure what the culprit is. Definitely need to be close to a charger. Strangely, Thursday as a whole was 7.3%, which I would welcome if I could keep it all the time.
    01-28-12 08:54 AM
    I've had very decent battery life in my home area, where reception is pretty good. I have a 4%/per hour battery loss.
    However, I just got back from a week long trip to a city that has notoriously bad reception and my battery was at a 8%-9%/hour rate.
    So reception is certainly a major culprit for battery loss.
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-28-12 at 09:12 AM.
    01-28-12 09:04 AM
    Two seperate 9810s in our household. I have over 40 apps (clarification *not just readded 3rd party apps thru BSAK that have never been reactivated or even being used*) on mine and my wife has about 3, maybe 4 apps on hers. We both have .205 updating from Meccas' last hybrid. Anyway, I avg. 5.35 an hour and I forgot her numbers, but, the kicker is my battery life is better on mine than it is on her 9810. I also notice the spikes at different averages. Just depends on what I'm doing - surfing, on an extended phone call or something else. My wife hardly ever surfs, no BT(ever), only 1-2 emails to my 5 email accounts and constant on the net and BT- with twitter, Facebook updates as well as others. Before it is mentioned, yes, I switched out batteries and even reloaded the OS for her. Didn't change ish. I will say that her 9810 had exceptional battery life on .261 compared to other OS I've loaded for her so far. Just letting you know that even with minimal or no apps/usage, battery life still blows for some. So, I can't complain about mine.
    01-28-12 10:36 AM
337 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD