i injected this cod file. what exactly does it do?

battery drain just keeps increasing
    When I first installed .205, some of my apps wouldn't open. After a soft-boot, they worked, but that bothered me. Then, when I went to use Navita Translator, it required the cod I upped. Soon as I installed, everything 3rd party loaded faster. I'm sure, as Dev's catch up, it won't be needed, but in the meantime it's necessary
    01-24-12 11:09 AM
    It appears that .190 and .205 have a cod missing, that 3rd party apps depend on to operate properly.

net_rim_bbapi_adv_app10089.cod apparently is necessary, so I've included .163 - which is the last of the current versions. Could be that RIM dev's have now either integrated this bit of java with another file set, or excluded it because it wasn't needed - which would mean 3rd party app dev's would need to step up their game.
    Thanks, Mecca. I added it, "just in case". Because the alarm clock wouldn't exit, even after deleting all the alarms. But it gave me a chance to practice what I preach -- look for answers before you ask questions that have been already answered, probably multiple times. I had to look because, no matter what I try, both BBSAK and BBMC refuse to recognize my 9810. So, I looked at BBHTools and BBBoss. Both of those recognize my phone, as does DM. I need to learn more about both programs, but BBHTools seems to require a .jad to install a .cod and I was clueless as to how to inject with BBBoss.

So, here's the gem that I ran across by accident. Recently, Crackberry had highlighted a free file manager called Rock File Manager. Since it handled creating archives on the phone, it sounded like a tool I'd appreciate. In my research on injecting .cods into an OS, I discovered that another feature of Rock File Manager is that it can install a .cod without needing a .jad file. And that's how I got your .cod installed. I moved it from PC to my sd card, then used Rock File Manager to install from there. With a reset just to be sure it was recognized.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-24-12 11:31 AM
    When I first installed .205, some of my apps wouldn't open. After a soft-boot, they worked, but that bothered me. Then, when I went to use Navita Translator, it required the cod I upped. Soon as I installed, everything 3rd party loaded faster. I'm sure, as Dev's catch up, it won't be needed, but in the meantime it's necessary
    Ohh cool.

But my battery drain just keeps inreasing x_x
    This build has proved very bad for me x_x

And I have noticed a notification bug
    Even if I open a text, or group message, or a whatsapp from the notifications, the notifiction drop down menu does not get refreshed until I exit it.
    Anyone facing such a problem?
    I installed it on my brother's 9810 also. Same problem.
    This usually starts like after 30 minutes of doing a reboot.
    01-24-12 11:48 AM
    Thanks, Mecca. I added it, "just in case". Because the alarm clock wouldn't exit, even after deleting all the alarms. But it gave me a chance to practice what I preach -- look for answers before you ask questions that have been already answered, probably multiple times. I had to look because, no matter what I try, both BBSAK and BBMC refuse to recognize my 9810. So, I looked at BBHTools and BBBoss. Both of those recognize my phone, as does DM. I need to learn more about both programs, but BBHTools seems to require a .jad to install a .cod and I was clueless as to how to inject with BBBoss.

So, here's the gem that I ran across by accident. Recently, Crackberry had highlighted a free file manager called Rock File Manager. Since it handled creating archives on the phone, it sounded like a tool I'd appreciate. In my research on injecting .cods into an OS, I discovered that another feature of Rock File Manager is that it can install a .cod without needing a .jad file. And that's how I got your .cod installed. I moved it from PC to my sd card, then used Rock File Manager to install from there. With a reset just to be sure it was recognized.
    BBSAK does recognize my 9810
    Maybe ur USB is broken.
    I had this problem, but it worked fine after I changed my USB cord. Hope it helps
    01-24-12 11:53 AM
    A noob question, how do I resend my service books?
    01-24-12 11:55 AM
    net_rim_bbapi_adv_app10089.cod apparently is necessary, so I've included .163 - which is the last of the current versions. Could be that RIM dev's have now either integrated this bit of java with another file set, or excluded it because it wasn't needed - which would mean 3rd party app dev's would need to step up their game

http://db.tt/qbSlyuyZ
    Thanks!!

I just installed this cod using Rock File Manager, and it really does seem to speed up some of my 3rd party apps. Of course, it could just be the power of suggestion... :-)
    01-24-12 12:07 PM
    A noob question, how do I resend my service books?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ks-how-115031/

How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-24-12 12:26 PM
    BBSAK does recognize my 9810
    Maybe ur USB is broken.
    I had this problem, but it worked fine after I changed my USB cord. Hope it helps
    If the USB were broken, then DM, BBHTools and BBBoss wouldn't recognize the phone either, would they? The phone charges, it transfers files OK, OS upgrades go without a hitch. And no change in what does and doesn't recognize my phone, no matter what USB cord I use. I've even tried changing USB ports. The only thing that changes is whether a particular port or cord will allow charging. And that's normal. Is there something else I've missed?
    01-24-12 12:34 PM
    01-24-12 12:34 PM
    Thanks!!

I just installed this cod using Rock File Manager, and it really does seem to speed up some of my 3rd party apps. Of course, it could just be the power of suggestion... :-)
    Another Rock File Manager fan! We're taking over!
    01-24-12 12:36 PM
    If the USB were broken, then DM, BBHTools and BBBoss wouldn't recognize the phone either, would they? The phone charges, it transfers files OK, OS upgrades go without a hitch. And no change in what does and doesn't recognize my phone, no matter what USB cord I use. I've even tried changing USB ports. The only thing that changes is whether a particular port or cord will allow charging. And that's normal. Is there something else I've missed?
    Hmm.. Then even I don't know :$
    Sorry :$
    01-24-12 12:37 PM
    When I boot under the 7.1.0.205 O/S for the 9810, I get the following error.

Uncaught exception: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

I sometimes get this when browing or for no obvious reason. I've removed nearly every app I use, and would love some advice on how to troubleshoot and maybe even fix this error.

JIM

Should I re-load this O/S?
    01-24-12 01:01 PM

I sometimes get this when browing or for no obvious reason. I've removed nearly every app I use, and would love some advice on how to troubleshoot and maybe even fix this error.

JIM

I'd say yes. But your profile says you have a 9900. Different hardware. Did you change phones? Or, perhaps, load the version for the wrong phone?
    01-24-12 01:25 PM

JIM

That was the advice in the thread you started in the 9810 forum...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post7060324

And you might consider giving the kind folks in these forums more than 20 minutes to respond...
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 01-24-12 at 02:32 PM.
    01-24-12 02:15 PM
    Another Rock File Manager fan! We're taking over!
    Hahahahahaha!! Yes! I haven't used it, but alot of other BB users have mentioned it. I personally use Fishloader. It can compile and create alx and jad. It can also inject - the dev calls it "force load"
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-24-12 05:10 PM
    Ohh cool.

But my battery drain just keeps inreasing x_x
    This build has proved very bad for me x_x

And I have noticed a notification bug
    Even if I open a text, or group message, or a whatsapp from the notifications, the notifiction drop down menu does not get refreshed until I exit it.
    Anyone facing such a problem?
    I installed it on my brother's 9810 also. Same problem.
    This usually starts like after 30 minutes of doing a reboot.
    I've been experiencing that since .190 - the lack of refresh in the notification drop down. I over look it, but I'm sure its annoying. If anyone isn't experiencing it on any of the 7.0 OS's, I'll use the java from that to clear it up, if possible
    01-24-12 05:13 PM
    I've been experiencing that since .190 - the lack of refresh in the notification drop down. I over look it, but I'm sure its annoying. If anyone isn't experiencing it on any of the 7.0 OS's, I'll use the java from that to clear it up, if possible
    Its very annoying

If you can please try to fix this

I have tried all the OS 7.0s. Neva got such a problem.
    01-24-12 08:33 PM
    Hahahahahaha!! Yes! I haven't used it, but alot of other BB users have mentioned it. I personally use Fishloader. It can compile and create alx and jad. It can also inject - the dev calls it "force load"
    As I mentioned in another message, I originally got Rock for the combination of file manager and onboard archiving. The cod installation feature was serendipity. But now that you've mentioned FishLoader, I'll have to check that out, too.
    01-24-12 09:32 PM
    Ok, I got to ask, has anyone else have threaded e-mail now? Cause I do and I havnt seen anyone else mention it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-24-12 10:23 PM
    been trying to get my hands on this update for over a week. everytime i click the link on post1, i get a fileserve error that i can only download a file i uploaded myself.

can anybody help
    01-25-12 12:42 AM
    been trying to get my hands on this update for over a week. everytime i click the link on post1, i get a fileserve error that i can only download a file i uploaded myself.

can anybody help
    HERE YOU GO
    walcolm likes this.
    01-25-12 01:07 AM
    Damn you beat us w/ this one +_o we decide to release it tomorrow.

My link If any of you interest
    getting file not available error message
    01-25-12 03:12 AM
    still blocked. see attached screen capture
    01-25-12 03:16 AM
    still blocked. see attached screen capture
    The link I gave you is a multiupload link which works

http://www.multiupload.com/97SYNVZ8P9
    01-25-12 03:58 AM
    The link I gave you is a multiupload link which works

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    Yes, the Multiupload link itself works, but none of the links given on that page work due to recent events. Perhaps pick up a newspaper and see what's happening in the world over at Megaupload
    01-25-12 08:01 AM
337 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD