Make sure that you EXIT those apps, because they will run in the background. Also, have you upgraded both apps: opera is at 6.5 at the moment and whatsapp updated twice this passed week
    I do exit the apps, but whatsapp stays in the backgroud even after exit
    I have opera mini 6.5 and the latest whatsapp beta(there were 3 upgrades, 2 in beta and 1 in the appworld)

My battery drain has now become 12% per hour :'(
    01-23-12 07:23 AM
    I have opera mini 6.5 and the latest whatsapp beta(there were 3 upgrades, 2 in beta and 1 in the appworld)

12% /hr too high..
    Check Battery Test (Option > Device > Advanced System Settings > BB Device Analyzer > Batery Test. See what consumes lot of batter power.
    Try several battery pull (at least 10 seconds).
    Remove unwanted applications running in background.
    01-23-12 07:41 AM
    12% /hr too high..
    Check Battery Test (Option > Device > Advanced System Settings > BB Device Analyzer > Batery Test. See what consumes lot of batter power.
    Try several battery pull (at least 10 seconds).
    Remove unwanted applications running in background.
    Hmm, what do you mean by atleast 10seconds?? :s
    And how do I upload images here from the mobile site using d os 7 broswer?
    01-23-12 07:45 AM
    Hmm, what do you mean by atleast 10seconds?? :s
    And how do I upload images here from the mobile site using d os 7 broswer?
    When u remove battery, reinsert after 10+ sec
    Os7 browser shows limited text. However, there is a link down below 'default view' recommended. If u click the link, it will give all options.. (What u have on PC)
    01-23-12 09:03 AM
    Os7 browser shows limited text. However, there is a link down below 'default view' recommended. If u click the link, it will give all options.. (What u have on PC)
    ??

I've lost you. Where is this in the OS7 browser options?
    01-23-12 09:53 AM
    ??

I've lost you. Where is this in the OS7 browser options?
    It's not in the browser per-se, but when you open up crackberry.com for the first time it will take you to the mobile page, which is limited to text only. Navigate to the bottom of this page and click on "Return to Default View" to access the full site. Your browser will store a cookie and remember your election for subsequent visits to the site.
    01-23-12 09:58 AM
    These processes are eating my battery!
    Drain is 13% an hour x_x

Any help?
    01-23-12 11:41 AM
    Drain is 13% an hour x_x

Any help?
    01-23-12 11:54 AM
    Drain is 13% an hour x_x

Any help?
    Your last two are the only ones you and I match on. And you're 3-4 times higher than I am. Also, unless you regularly use Whatsapp for friends who don't have BBs, you might try deleting that one.
    01-23-12 12:56 PM
    Your last two are the only ones you and I match on. And you're 3-4 times higher than I am. Also, unless you regularly use Whatsapp for friends who don't have BBs, you might try deleting that one.
    I am a heavy user of whatsapp

Half of my friends have androids

So, I need whatsapp

But my other processes are quite high. I don't know why :]Y
    01-23-12 12:59 PM

So, I need whatsapp

I'm discovering some things with the diagnostic tool. Some of the usage stats don't match other apps or even what the phone reports elsewhere. Those %ages are how much of total use for the 5 highest battery users. Which ones are on the list, with what %age, will vary depending on what you're doing when & for how long. For example, my fileindexservice was about .6 when I commented before. After that, I deleted some apps, moved some around and looked for several via search. The next fileindexservice was 1.01. What I had done required more indexing to make the searches work quickly. If I don't do anything else, the next time I look at those numbers, fileindexservice ought to be back at .6, maybe lower.

It's just like the device responsiveness test. It apparently checks flash storage. The test varies between 23-24% free and need to reboot. BatteryEx says 26%. And if I switch to RAM in BatteryEx, I have 75% free. Either way, my phone isn't sluggish and really doesn't need the recommended reset.

In other words, it's a tool but accuracy may be questionable.
    Last edited by kraski; 01-23-12 at 02:59 PM.
    01-23-12 02:56 PM
    the Camera flash doesn't work. >

Browser is about the same.. slight improvment but barely noticable over .190
    battery drain seems higher then .190

I actually am considering downgrading back to .190
    if not for dealing with setting up all the apps again
    01-23-12 05:29 PM
    the Camera flash doesn't work. >

Browser is about the same.. slight improvment but barely noticable over .190
    battery drain seems higher then .190

I actually am considering downgrading back to .190
    if not for dealing with setting up all the apps again
    Maybe try a reinstall first? After seeing this message, I tried it. The flash works on mine.
    01-23-12 05:41 PM

So, I need whatsapp

I found one of the problems to why whatsapp isn't closing. This goes for those that are having 3rd party app issues in general - as long as they are updated for 7.0/7.1 ready status.

It appears that .190 and .205 have a cod missing, that 3rd party apps depend on to operate properly.

net_rim_bbapi_adv_app10089.cod apparently is necessary, so I've included .163 - which is the last of the current versions. Could be that RIM dev's have now either integrated this bit of java with another file set, or excluded it because it wasn't needed - which would mean 3rd party app dev's would need to step up their game

I've provided a download link. Use BBSAK, BBBoss, BBHTools, or whatever works best for you, and inject this on to your device, then soft reboot, and report.

I use the current beta, and I can completely exit out of it. You may also have to reinstall it, because of the possibility of there being 2 different versions running at the same time.

http://db.tt/qbSlyuyZ
    ralfyguy and KenV54 like this.
    01-23-12 08:00 PM
    I'm discovering some things with the diagnostic tool. Some of the usage stats don't match other apps or even what the phone reports elsewhere. Those %ages are how much of total use for the 5 highest battery users. Which ones are on the list, with what %age, will vary depending on what you're doing when & for how long. For example, my fileindexservice was about .6 when I commented before. After that, I deleted some apps, moved some around and looked for several via search. The next fileindexservice was 1.01. What I had done required more indexing to make the searches work quickly. If I don't do anything else, the next time I look at those numbers, fileindexservice ought to be back at .6, maybe lower.

It's just like the device responsiveness test. It apparently checks flash storage. The test varies between 23-24% free and need to reboot. BatteryEx says 26%. And if I switch to RAM in BatteryEx, I have 75% free. Either way, my phone isn't sluggish and really doesn't need the recommended reset.

In other words, it's a tool but accuracy may be questionable.
    Ohh. Even I thought that there might something like this.
    And what about this drain? 13% per hour?
    Only whatsapp is open in the background.
    01-23-12 08:16 PM
    I found one of the problems to why whatsapp isn't closing. This goes for those that are having 3rd party app issues in general - as long as they are updated for 7.0/7.1 ready status.

It appears that .190 and .205 have a cod missing, that 3rd party apps depend on to operate properly.

net_rim_bbapi_adv_app10089.cod apparently is necessary, so I've included .163 - which is the last of the current versions. Could be that RIM dev's have now either integrated this bit of java with another file set, or excluded it because it wasn't needed - which would mean 3rd party app dev's would need to step up their game

I've provided a download link. Use BBSAK, BBBoss, BBHTools, or whatever works best for you, and inject this on to your device, then soft reboot, and report.

I use the current beta, and I can completely exit out of it. You may also have to reinstall it, because of the possibility of there being 2 different versions running at the same time.

Thanks. I'll try it when I get back home and report
    01-23-12 08:51 PM

do a battery pulll O:
    01-23-12 09:01 PM
    blocked wtf? D:
    01-23-12 09:05 PM
    do a battery pulll O:
    Tried. Does not work
    01-23-12 09:06 PM
    dude does any one know another link to download this leak? cuz both the ones i found on here are not working.... fireserve says log in if this file belongs to you. and the megaupload says something about piracy... did that sopa actually pass?
    01-23-12 09:10 PM
    Tried. Does not work
    could be a bad battery. dont charge it over night while u sleep. and dont keep it out in conditions that are like 105 degrees lol.
    01-23-12 09:12 PM
    I've been charging it overnight since the day I got it x_x
    01-23-12 11:10 PM
    dude does any one know another link to download this leak? cuz both the ones i found on here are not working.... fireserve says log in if this file belongs to you. and the megaupload says something about piracy... did that sopa actually pass?
    Nope. The Feds went after MegaUpload and everyone else is being VERY cautious.
    01-23-12 11:47 PM

i injected this cod file. what exactly does it do?

battery drain just keeps increasing
    01-24-12 03:06 AM
    Mecca, a new beta version of whatsapp came in the whatsapp beta zone today
    borobius and Mecca EL like this.
    01-24-12 04:23 AM
337 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD