I can confirm injecting the .74 cod mobile hotspot works the same wasy as .190 (for TMO)
    Two questions:
    1. Which .cod file are you pushing to your BB?
    2. Does this give you the login screen (last seen by me on 7.1.0.074) which allows you to manually put in your APN and username/password when you activate the Mobile Hotspot feature?

Thanks,
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-12 09:28 PM
    Forgive me if I'm repeating what someone else already said. I've had a brutal day and only skimmed this thread...

Only had this installed for about an hour, but here's what I noticed so far... will edit as I find more items of interest.

In Text
    -clear field
    -check spelling
    -show symbols
    -clear conversation

In email
    - display style (single or group)
    - flag for follow up
    - search option (file)

In applications
    - playbook pairing (poynt)

In options
    - call management (seems like settings were more streamlined)
    - Networks and connections - blackberry bridge
    - options listed in network connections
    - Third party applications - personalization and privacy for BBM

BBM (now in menu)
    - delete contacts history
    - delete complete history
    - show symbols
    - scan BBM group barcode
    - view my profile

Phone book
    - sim contacts
    - filter
    - show on google maps
    - get directions with google maps

All around nicer icons (great job!)

Very, very, very nice.
    Thank you so much to all who contributed to making this and getting it out.
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 01-19-12 at 06:07 PM.
    01-18-12 09:30 PM
    I can confirm injecting the .74 cod mobile hotspot works the same wasy as .190 (for TMO)
    If you don't mind sharing, which cod did you install? And were you able to bypass the hotspot login pop up, using your method?
    Funny! You beat me by 1 minute with your post. ;-)

Setting up the APNs is important to me since the correct APN will result in my carrier seeing my Hotspot use as mobile browser and I have unlimited use of mobile browser and BlackBerry data with my data plan, but *not* tethering.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    Ok......what am I doing wrong. It makes me download the exe file to my device and then tells me that it is an unsupported document type when I try to install. Says the octet stream is invalid. Any ideas?
    SLOW down Cowboy before you brick your phone.
    You do not load the exe file to your phone. You download the exe file to your computer and then you initiate the exe file to download the entire OS (still on your computer).
    Then you need to follow the instructions on how to load an OS to your phone, which is listed in multiple places on this forum.
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-18-12 at 09:33 PM.
    Mecca EL, mrbjr and CanadianThomas like this.
    And it means this relese still sucks, RIM didn't let us do something to save our battery life..

Becoz i just use 3G/4G for browsing or downloading.. BBM and Instant messaging is enough with 2G..

@Mecca: Can you help us with this issue? at least a new hybrid that can solve this issue..
    It's not RIM that's doing this, it's the carrier. 4G LTE is live, and spreading. I think the objective is to abandon the 2G band altogether. It's been confirmed that stepping out of the LTE zone will cause 2G/EDGE to return
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-18-12 09:34 PM
    Updated without any issues. One new feature and dont know if it existed on .190. When in Media panel>Right clik and select Memory Use. This option doesnt appear in any of the other panels. So far so good..going to do a couple of battery pulls and let this OS settle in..Hopefully it'll have better battery life than .190
    Actually, I have the latest official 7.0 OS for AT&T installed on my phone and this can still be done. I vowed to keep this BB free of all leaked OS updates so I'm "patiently" waiting
    01-18-12 10:07 PM
    It's not RIM that's doing this, it's the carrier. 4G LTE is live, and spreading. I think the objective is to abandon the 2G band altogether. It's been confirmed that stepping out of the LTE zone will cause 2G/EDGE to return
    Well i heard that AT&T that caused this issue.. I live in Indonesia, using Indonesian carrier, with AT&T branded Torch 9810.. Is this because i use AT&T Blackberry?? Coz i don't think my carrier caused this issue..
    01-18-12 10:14 PM
    Memory Use as a menu option in the Media Folder has been there since OS 5.0. Nothing new here for 7.1 sorry to say.
    01-18-12 10:24 PM
    Ok......what am I doing wrong. It makes me download the exe file to my device and then tells me that it is an unsupported document type when I try to install. Says the octet stream is invalid. Any ideas?
    Download it to your PC dude, not your device....
    01-18-12 10:34 PM
    Actually, I have the latest official 7.0 OS for AT&T installed on my phone and this can still be done. I vowed to keep this BB free of all leaked OS updates so I'm "patiently" waiting
    What exactly are you waiting for? There is no difference between a "leak" and an "official". What's incorrectly termed as "official" should be termed "carrier approved"

Outside of language files, the only real difference between RIM os's is if your device is GSM or CDMA.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-18-12 10:46 PM
    Well i heard that AT&T that caused this issue.. I live in Indonesia, using Indonesian carrier, with AT&T branded Torch 9810.. Is this because i use AT&T Blackberry?? Coz i don't think my carrier caused this issue..
    Yes. ATT branded devices ONLY - and at this moment - have lost the user-ability to manually switch to 2G. T-Mob users report maintaining that feature. I haven't gone back to 7.1.0.74 to see if it's available on that build, but with battery life as acceptable as it currently is, AND on 4G, I can live with it.

Here's some convincing info: http://www.berryreview.com/2012/01/1...-january-22nd/
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 01-18-12 at 11:02 PM. Reason: update
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-18-12 10:52 PM
    ANy particular reason why you're waiting. Just curious. Because I install whatever is leaked. If it's crap, I simply downgrade.
    JasW likes this.
    01-18-12 11:16 PM
    Yes. ATT branded devices ONLY - and at this moment - have lost the user-ability to manually switch to 2G. T-Mob users report maintaining that feature. I haven't gone back to 7.1.0.74 to see if it's available on that build, but with battery life as acceptable as it currently is, AND on 4G, I can't live with it.
    Is there a way to safely De-Brand or Un-Brand my Device?? I really need my 2G option Back.. This is getting ridiculous.. If i know that this issue will came up, I wouldn't have bought AT&T device..
    01-18-12 11:24 PM
    Is there a way to safely De-Brand or Un-Brand my Device?? I really need my 2G option Back.. This is getting ridiculous.. If i know that this issue will came up, I wouldn't have bought AT&T device..
    Install any regular 7.0 os. They don't have hotspot, but you'll regain 2G.
    01-18-12 11:41 PM
    should i wait or is it worth it?
    01-18-12 11:49 PM
    I can still get 2g after updating. I looked under my network connections, then under mobile network I can switch between. 3g/h+, or 2g, or 3g/h+ & 2g. Not that ill ever use it, but its there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 12:27 AM
    Having upgraded to 7.1 my connection is locked on 4G and I would also like to see this fixed or somehow resolved - whoever is the culprit, RIM or the carrier - because my battery runs down in about 3 hours on 4G. In the meantime I have downgraded to .585 - what a waste of time!
    01-19-12 01:24 AM
    Downloaded and installed it. I have used it for about half a day now and seems to work a bit faster than the previous leak. Let's see how the battery hold up on this one.
    01-19-12 01:42 AM
    It's these teeny tiny incremental updates (we're talking a jump of 0.0.0.015 here) that make me yearn for release notes from RIM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-19-12 06:10 AM
    It's these teeny tiny incremental updates (we're talking a jump of 0.0.0.015 here) that make me yearn for release notes from RIM.
    I agree. Leak my rear. We are the beta testers for new releases.

The least they could do is have the courtesy of telling us what they think they've fixed.

As an aside, has anyone ever written about how leaks come about? Who are the mysterious leakers?
    CanadianThomas and gritsinct like this.
    01-19-12 07:48 AM
    Does any one know if you can swipe between messages? I love that function and it seems hit or miss on the OS releases.
    01-19-12 08:13 AM
    Does QuickLaunch work under 7.1.0.205? Any major apps not working?

I am still trying to figure out what 7.1 buys you over the latest 7.0.

BTW, I am on AT&T.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
    01-19-12 08:18 AM
    I can still get 2g after updating. I looked under my network connections, then under mobile network I can switch between. 3g/h+, or 2g, or 3g/h+ & 2g. Not that ill ever use it, but its there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're network isn't AT&T. Doesn't work for us anymore
    01-19-12 08:45 AM
    Funny! You beat me by 1 minute with your post. ;-)

Setting up the APNs is important to me since the correct APN will result in my carrier seeing my Hotspot use as mobile browser and I have unlimited use of mobile browser and BlackBerry data with my data plan, but *not* tethering.
    Can you explain to me what you mean by this? What does it mean to have a Hotspot without tethering?

This is not a challenge, but a simple question, because I don't understand it. I have ATT, so no tethering without a different data plan, and I can't even get the Hotspot to work.

Thanks.
    01-19-12 08:57 AM
    Now....findings

Since installing 13hrs ago, battery is surprisingly at 40% this morning. Browser renders non-mobile sites cleaner. No dropped calls or connection issues..yet. No calling over wifi, for AT&T users yet. Bluetooth, although I never had a connection issue, remains connected - I'll monitor how it affects the battery.
    01-19-12 09:19 AM
337 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD