Hope that in this one i can lock my signal!!!!!
    01-18-12 05:32 PM
    Updated without any issues. One new feature and dont know if it existed on .190. When in Media panel>Right clik and select Memory Use. This option doesnt appear in any of the other panels. So far so good..going to do a couple of battery pulls and let this OS settle in..Hopefully it'll have better battery life than .190
    Mecca EL and tsells like this.
    01-18-12 05:33 PM
    So... no Hotspot for AT&T in this version?
    01-18-12 05:34 PM
    I have hotspot option but dont have plan to be able to use it.
    01-18-12 05:36 PM
    Hey this may sound silly, but most of the threads for installing leaked os say to use BBSAK. I deleted vendor files and tried to load from BBSAK and it says "No OS found". However in DM it shows as an update. Can I update using DM or will this cause problems?
    01-18-12 05:36 PM
    Unless you have the tethering option on your account, you will never get hotspot activation on ATT, no matter what version of the OS your running.
    JnkTfk likes this.
    01-18-12 05:37 PM
    Hey this may sound silly, but most of the threads for installing leaked os say to use BBSAK. I deleted vendor files and tried to load from BBSAK and it says "No OS found". However in DM it shows as an update. Can I update using DM or will this cause problems?
    You shouldnt have any issues via DM. I do the following below each time after uninstalling from add/remove programs and never had any issues.

Bocajrs0 Instructions Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor isn't found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    01-18-12 05:44 PM
    Unless you have the tethering option on your account, you will never get hotspot activation on ATT, no matter what version of the OS your running.
    Damn. Guess I'll just be using the OTA Bridge for my Playbook then. Hate how AT&T nickle & dimes you.
    01-18-12 05:45 PM
    well isn't this ironic, I upgraded to 585 and the calibration on my touch screen messed up. hopefully this fixes that crap.
    01-18-12 06:20 PM
    Do you need to remove one (1) vendor.XML file or are there two (2) vendor.XML files that need to be removed???? (E.G., similar to that which had to be done with the .585 upgrade). Thanks
    01-18-12 06:22 PM
    Strange thing: im still installing the device, but it's stuck in "connecting to the device" or Rebooting, but the phone already rebooted. so no idea what to do...
    01-18-12 06:24 PM
    Do you need to remove one (1) vendor.XML file or are there two (2) vendor.XML files that need to be removed???? (E.G., similar to that which had to be done with the .585 upgrade). Thanks
    there are no vendor files in leaked OS's
    01-18-12 06:24 PM
    Installed very quickly using DM, less than 20 mins. So Far so good; completely restored all my apps and settings. Seems to be working smoothly. BB Protect also worked without issue.
    01-18-12 06:29 PM
    You do NOT have to remove the vendor xml files. They're not carrier specific. Only on what's called "official" do you have to remove the xml's
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-18-12 06:30 PM
    my email folder is gone! anyone know how to restore it???

(also im waiting for the DM connects to the phone. never happened before)

EDIT: all fixed -- i reboot the phone without disconnecting it and it worked!
    Last edited by juancarlos0208; 01-18-12 at 06:44 PM.
    01-18-12 06:36 PM
    Here's an image of the unremoved vendor xml, in this leak. Unshrunk, and bbhtools verification. Do I have to up an image of loader too?
    homer1475, Azensun and cudinhkien like this.
    01-18-12 06:42 PM
    01-18-12 06:49 PM
    there are no vendor files in leaked OS's
    Yes there are. They just lack specific vendor info. It's always better to look for them and delete them anyway. 1) Just to maintain the habit & 2) sometimes DM won't recognize there's an upgrade there if there's a vendor file that doesn't have vendor info matching what's on the phone.
    MT56 likes this.
    01-18-12 06:49 PM
    I installed .188 and had all good except got a few blips with browser, I'd click on a link and get an 'error try again' messgae which never happened before, hope this fixes browser glitch.

Michaelaw
    01-18-12 07:04 PM
    Yes there is a vendor file, and NO you do not have to delete it in a LEAKED OS.

Only time the vendor file(s) have to be deleted is if your installing an OS that is not from your carrier and not a leak.

Here is whats actually in the vendor file of a leaked OS:

<vendorsrc version="0.0.0.0">

</vendorsrc>

I wont post the details of a vendor file that has an official status(its way to long).
    01-18-12 07:13 PM
    Installed...no issues.

Still no 4G/3G to 2G manual network switching.
    01-18-12 07:58 PM
    Won't work, but you can make an attempt
    I can confirm injecting the .74 cod mobile hotspot works the same wasy as .190 (for TMO)
    Last edited by wing2299; 01-18-12 at 08:49 PM.
    01-18-12 08:44 PM
    Installed...no issues.

Still no 4G/3G to 2G manual network switching.
    And it means this relese still sucks, RIM didn't let us do something to save our battery life..

Becoz i just use 3G/4G for browsing or downloading.. BBM and Instant messaging is enough with 2G..

@Mecca: Can you help us with this issue? at least a new hybrid that can solve this issue..
    01-18-12 08:59 PM
    Ok......what am I doing wrong. It makes me download the exe file to my device and then tells me that it is an unsupported document type when I try to install. Says the octet stream is invalid. Any ideas?
    01-18-12 09:24 PM
    I can confirm injecting the .74 cod mobile hotspot works the same wasy as .190 (for TMO)
    If you don't mind sharing, which cod did you install? And were you able to bypass the hotspot login pop up, using your method?
    webmeister likes this.
    01-18-12 09:27 PM
337 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD