11-29-12 05:06 PM
775 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Hi! Folks....have finished downloading and as I am installing posting my fist observation..

1. Appworld version 3.1.0.56 available 3.1.0.60
    2. Facebook version 2.0.0.56 available 2.0.0.58
    3. Twitter version 2.0.0.25 available 2.1.0.28
    4. BBM has been upgraded to the latest version 6.1.0.49

Will Post after first boot on HotSpot and others
    well the updates for appworld, the fb and twitter have been out for a little while now. i cant say about bbm cause i don't use it.

but over all, am very impressed with this os. i find it much crisper than .190. apps open and close faster and the os is more responsive than .190. we'll see after a week how it'll perform but after a day of use, outside of the severe battery drain due to the os being new, it's really good. no more bis issues like i had on the previous leak. thumbs up...or whatever lol.
    01-19-12 04:21 AM
    No chance whatsoever.

The 9900 does not have a UMA chip installed like the 9360 and other older models did. The only way you can have wifi calling is by way of an app integrated into the OS, and this cannot support cell tower hand-off like UMA does.
    Okay thanks,
    but why what they want ... !!! service it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee even the free things not allowed :S

but u know I'm was trying 8ta before it's working with it I'm start thinking to change to another carrier
    01-19-12 04:34 AM
    Okay thanks,
    but why what they want ... !!! service it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee even the free things not allowed :S

but u know I'm was trying 8ta before it's working with it I'm start thinking to change to another carrier
    No comprende
    01-19-12 04:51 AM
    Does this build include Korean and Japanese input??
    Yes it does
    01-19-12 06:17 AM
    This is my first day with this OS so it's very early to be making definitive judgments, but I would observe that the battery life looks good which surprises me as it usually takes a few days to settle down. I would go so far as to say that it looks better than .190 in this regard. It's 11.30am in the UK and after 2 hours off charge I am at 93% which is not bad at all. I haven't made any calls and I understand everyone's usage differs, but for me that's not bad and compares favourably to .190.
    01-19-12 06:28 AM
    Welcome to my world. Vodacom doesn't support mobile hotspot and hence their service books delete the the function.
    Same issue with me, i'm on Vodacom SA and their 155 helpdesk does not support the option so i must contact RIM
    01-19-12 06:37 AM
    Having issue with restoring Groups in BBM.... tried leaving the groups and getting fresh invites but phones hangs on attempts to join group

anyone else facing such issues...
    01-19-12 06:41 AM
    i am running this leak for some times now...
    i can't see any visual difference.
    browser rendering bit faster than older 7.1 leak...
    any one noticed some difference...
    may be some bug fixes...
    01-19-12 06:50 AM
    Discovered a change in the new firmware:

Mobile hotspot no longer asks for login details (eg. Telstra.iph). It just connects immediately without prompt.
    I am still getting prompt to login everytime I want to login.

- Charles
    01-19-12 06:58 AM
    hoping for some help...if someone could walk me through (in painstaking detail) how one installs the tmobile hotspot COD from either build (7.1.074 or 7.1.163) onto the blackberry with .205 on it...step by step would be extremely helpful...thanks so much...i don't want to give up 7.1.074 if i cannot figure out how to get hotspot onto thie newer releasse
    roachdaniel likes this.
    01-19-12 07:25 AM
    I wouldn't normally think this about an OS update but this one really is heaps snappier than the 7.0 leaks I've had. And another feature I've noticed was the tied in when you do a universal search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 07:38 AM
    This is my first day with this OS so it's very early to be making definitive judgments, but I would observe that the battery life looks good which surprises me as it usually takes a few days to settle down. I would go so far as to say that it looks better than .190 in this regard. It's 11.30am in the UK and after 2 hours off charge I am at 93% which is not bad at all. I haven't made any calls and I understand everyone's usage differs, but for me that's not bad and compares favourably to .190.
    I think if we all use BlackBerry Device Analyzer and report our "Battery Drain trends" will be more accurate... or has this been discussed?
    Pilchard likes this.
    01-19-12 07:45 AM
    You dont need to update to every OS, especially to this one from .190
    It is a very small leap forward
    I agree, if 190 sits stable for me on its second install then i will leave it as is.

Always tempted to try though.......
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-19-12 07:50 AM
    Everything seems to be working ok on this build, BUT BB Maps.

When I start BB Maps it finds GPS no problem and shows my location on the map, BUT it does not show the streets or roads. For some reason the map is blank in detail.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 08:06 AM
    Wifi calling icon definitely seems more reliable with .250, but my real world experience is proving otherwise. Already 2 different routers (Netgear WNDR3700 and new Apple Airport Extreme) both show the Wifi calling icon, but after a while when someone calls my phone it rings forever on their end but my 9900 never rings. Worse is that VM does not pickup.

I cycle the radios and all is OK again (for a couple hours).

I have seen a similar issue when using UMA on a previous Blackberry. Not sure if its a TMobile or RIM issue.

This is the best leak.

What's more noticable is the Stability of WiFi Hotspot

7.1..70 just drops flat out.
    .190 can sometimes says "suspdned". or once you terminate wifi hotspot once, you won't get it start again unless you reboot bb. it

This one, I've been wifi hotspot for an hour and absolutely no problem
    Last edited by claykin; 01-19-12 at 08:32 AM.
    01-19-12 08:30 AM
    I think if we all use BlackBerry Device Analyzer and report our "Battery Drain trends" will be more accurate... or has this been discussed?
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good assumption, that's what I say

I wasn't aware there was a Blackberry Device Analyzer but now I am so thanks for that.
    01-19-12 08:36 AM
    recently i have noticed that lot of error have logged in event logger...
    can some one confirm or it's only me.
    01-19-12 08:50 AM
    What's the best way to replace the mobile hotspot file for T-Mobile?

I've done it through AppLoader, and the phone shows the 7.1.0.74 wlan mobile hotspot file, but it would still show the tmobile error (this was on .190! NOT ON .205 - havent tested it on .205 yet)

EDIT: OK so I deleted the wlan file from the folder, then ran apploader, rebooted the phone, then copied the .163 wlan file to the folder, ran apploader, rebooted, and now it's working again (T-Mobile USA). Thanks to everyone who had a part to play in all of this!
    can you please share the .cod from .163?
    01-19-12 08:51 AM
    Rory you da Man!

It seems like a lot of the problems I was having with 190 are gone. I did notice last night that music playback still radomly has quality issues. The browser seems faster, my weather app has now popped back up on the homescreen and protect is working fine. I will have to really think about upgrading from this version.

I never really had battery life problems, but I am a lite user.
    01-19-12 09:01 AM
    Hi all.

On the prior version, I had a bug where my phone would not charge using the standard side plug. It would always give the error message that the selected charging method was not sufficient (or something to this effect).

I discarded the assumption that it was a hardware problem because a soft reset would always resolve the bug.

I am wondering if anyone else had this problem...

Also hoping this latest build resolved this.
    01-19-12 09:13 AM
    1. Yes I get sent to the page to buy the service. Where can I get the COD from .74?
    2. NFC is not enabled. I am not sure if it is carrier specific or my BESX settings
    3. Browser is plenty fast. in fact everything seems a bit snappier than .190
    File name: net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod File size: 5.63 KB

Thank you for your reply!
    this is the .163 .cod still works for free hotspot and its supposed to be better than the .74
    mypearl1 likes this.
    01-19-12 09:17 AM
    Amazing you find that, considering the leak happened only 4 hours ago
    Hahahahahahahahaaaaa. That's funny. Thanks :-)
    01-19-12 09:37 AM
    Hi all.

On the prior version, I had a bug where my phone would not charge using the standard side plug. It would always give the error message that the selected charging method was not sufficient (or something to this effect).

I discarded the assumption that it was a hardware problem because a soft reset would always resolve the bug.

do you have a program called blink installed? apperently it would give the same symptoms your experiencing now
    01-19-12 09:46 AM
    Hi all.

There is a thread called "Charging error on .540 and .503" ... Look it up. If you have an app called Blink, uninstall it. It is the origin of the problem.
    01-19-12 09:57 AM
    gps is not working for me. is it working for you guys?
    01-19-12 10:05 AM
775 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD