11-29-12 05:06 PM
775 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Fileserve is down? please anyone who has another mirror. Thx
    There are plenty of mirrors in this thread... just search for them
    01-20-12 06:45 PM
    Well, to start off... Battery life has been much improved. On .190, I took my bb off the charger at 6am and by 2pm it was already at 40%. On this build, the battery managed to give me 75% by 2pm, and this is only about 8 hours after I installed the OS on the 9900, so I'm very pleased. I receive about 10 emails during this time, do some light BBM, moderate web browsing, moderate use of what's app and Facebook, about 20 minutes of 2D gaming, about 45min of music playback, and also flicking through slides on powerpoint.

Responsiveness has been a lot better. .190 was giving me sludgy performance, the music player had random errors, and sometimes pages on the web browser didn't render correctly. The Facebook chat on the Facebook application was unusable on .190. It froze my bb and forced me to do a battery pull. BBM was also laggy. I am glad to say none of these issues is true on .205. Music playback is flawless, pages render quickly and without error, the Facebook chat is actually usable and responsive (I've owned a Curve 8520 and a Torch 9800, and a Bold 9900, and this is the only time I can say it's actually good. No lag. No waiting. Excellent).

.190 also took anywhere from 45 seconds to 10 min to boot up, and this build is on the lower section of that, between 45seconds and 2min, which is great.

On .190, I was experiencing a problem where Data couldn't be transmitted over the wireless signal. I had reception, but I couldn't access the internet. This was solved by simply turning the radio on and off, but I haven't encountered the same problem on .205 yet. On .190 the mobile hotspot randomly disconnected, and so did the Wi-Fi signal. This hasn't happened yet on .205 and I am actually getting slightly faster speeds.

Overall, I am very happy with this build. I agree with the people who have said that this is the best OS on the 9900 yet. The only thing I've noticed is an "Uncaught Exception" if exiting some apps... but that was also present on .190. Doesn't do much, I just press OK and everything is back to normal. Pretty awesome build...
    01-20-12 07:26 PM
    can't wait til the curve 9360 gets this leak
    01-20-12 08:16 PM
    Oh is that bad? I am still on the very first leak of OS 7.1 and I had zero performance issues. In terms of battery I used to have about 8% per hour and with OS 7.1.0.74 I get around 3% or so with the same amount of usage. I decided to put off upgrading for now since I am happy with the .74 build.
    I feel sorry for you
    01-20-12 08:20 PM
    This OS is for the 9900 only. It won't work on a 9930.
    Actually you could perform a full java swap mines few cods.... Or just inject the net_rim_Bluetooth from the previous OS you had working.
    01-20-12 08:24 PM
    Is there a trick to installing this software? I have never had a problem before and for some reason when loading I go into loader.exe (the vendor.xml is deleted) and it says there is nothing to install!! I check windows programs and it says 7.1 is installed.

Can anyone help??
    01-20-12 08:37 PM
    Is there a trick to installing this software? I have never had a problem before and for some reason when loading I go into loader.exe (the vendor.xml is deleted) and it says there is nothing to install!! I check windows programs and it says 7.1 is installed.

Can anyone help??
    You need to delete the other hidden vendor.xml file

Try looking in C:/Users/Your Name/App Data/Roaming/Research In Motion/BlackBerry/Loader XML
    01-20-12 09:28 PM
    Ok, can we please start a battery thread, for all the battery people posting on here? Trying to find useful posts about the actual OS is painfull. The worst BB battery performance is still twice as good as the competitions best performance!
    01-20-12 09:38 PM
    Ok, can we please start a battery thread, for all the battery people posting on here? Trying to find useful posts about the actual OS is painfull.
    Stop whining and try it yourself.

Other people's battery performance stats are completely pointless to anyone else. There are far too many variables to compare.
    01-20-12 09:45 PM
    Stop whining and try it yourself.

Other people's battery performance stats are completely pointless to anyone else. There are far too many variables to compare.
    Yeah I am trying it myself... always do... also like to keep tabs on probs others are having so I can try myself and possibly give advice or help find a solution, but sorting through all this battery stuff is getting a bit much. Very similar to 'memory leak' with the 9700.

So just to mention, cause I won't look through the hundreds of battery posts, on all the 7.1 leaks I'm having problems with bluetooth connections. I can't seem to narrow it down as it is very intermittant. I use both an ear piece and a handfree/stereo system in my truck, and I use them all the time, everyday. They cause the 'media processor busy' fault, causing the ringer and notifications to fault, and they disconnect, or only partially connect. By partially connect I mean they will carry the audio, but none of the controls from the device will work.
    01-20-12 09:57 PM
    hey, download BBHTOOL to read the file system while the phone is on, remove whatever .cod u have there, the phone is gonna crash and reboot, let it come back up, should give yo a java exception error of some sort, then when its back, read the file system again and inject the .cod file that you downloaded, that is gonna make the phone reboot again and you should be done
    What did you put in when it asked you about your credentials?

apn: epc.tmobile.com (pretty sure that is the apn...) or is it epc.blackberry.net
    username: ?
    password: ?
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 01-20-12 at 10:17 PM.
    01-20-12 10:06 PM
    What did you put in when it asked you about your credentials?

apn: epc.tmobile.com (pretty sure that is the apn...) or is it epc.blackberry.net
    username: ?
    password: ?
    apn: internet
    username: web
    password: web

it does not make any sense how that will work, but somehow it does... lol so try it!
    Core_Frequency likes this.
    01-20-12 10:47 PM

it does not make any sense how that will work, but somehow it does... lol so try it!
    You must be able to put anything in there, as those are Vodafone UK APN settings which shouldn't work for any other carrier.
    01-20-12 10:58 PM

hahaha awesome it worked

thanks
    01-20-12 11:10 PM
    I feel sorry for you
    Why do you feel sorry?
    01-20-12 11:32 PM
    Why do you feel sorry?
    Probably because you're still running the oldest, buggiest 7.1 leak out there.

The latest is not always the greatest... but in this case, it definitely is!

Try it and see
    01-20-12 11:41 PM
    Battery life is very relative to our usage and network condition. I could get 5% ADR today and 20% ADR the next day.

Go to some weak signal reception area and the battery will be drained in no time (3-4 hours in my case).
    Besides, the number of running app, social feeds, how many person in our bbm contact lists, how many bbm groups did we join, did we integrate facebook contacts?, linking bbm contacts to our blackberry contacts, screen brightness, our environment's temperature, etc etc.
    Everything counts in measuring battery life.
    Consider getting an extra battery pack (bundled with y cable and desktop charger ) or car charger, if we are highly mobile.
    01-21-12 12:25 AM
    hey, download BBHTOOL to read the file system while the phone is on, remove whatever .cod u have there, the phone is gonna crash and reboot, let it come back up, should give yo a java exception error of some sort, then when its back, read the file system again and inject the .cod file that you downloaded, that is gonna make the phone reboot again and you should be done
    Thanks for all of the help but no matter how many times I try what you suggest I get the offer page. I have tried a laptop and my playbook and I still get to the same page. Also where are you guys changing the internet credentials? I am connected to BESX I wonder if that is the problem.
    01-21-12 12:27 AM
    Same issue with me, i'm on Vodacom SA and their 155 helpdesk does not support the option so i must contact RIM
    Contacting RIM will do you no good. The feature is included, it is just blocked by Vodacom via service books.

I spoke to a friend of mine who works for Vodacom regarding this and he said that they don't even support mobile hotspot on the iOS and Android platforms. Sure it will work because they cannot block it with service books as on the BlackBerry's but they cannot troubleshoot any issues with you as it is not officially supported.

I have 8 months left on my contract. After this I am gone as MTN has the better BIS infratructure too.
    01-21-12 03:24 AM
    Having a lot of battery drain when I've got BeBuzz installed.

Anyone else having this issue ?
    Last edited by Ash_786; 01-21-12 at 06:27 AM.
    01-21-12 06:24 AM
    Yeah I am trying it myself... always do... also like to keep tabs on probs others are having so I can try myself and possibly give advice or help find a solution, but sorting through all this battery stuff is getting a bit much. Very similar to 'memory leak' with the 9700.

So just to mention, cause I won't look through the hundreds of battery posts, on all the 7.1 leaks I'm having problems with bluetooth connections. I can't seem to narrow it down as it is very intermittant. I use both an ear piece and a handfree/stereo system in my truck, and I use them all the time, everyday. They cause the 'media processor busy' fault, causing the ringer and notifications to fault, and they disconnect, or only partially connect. By partially connect I mean they will carry the audio, but none of the controls from the device will work.
    +1 for Bluetooth problems with this build.Yesturday I had to use the phone to connect because the bluetooth earpiece button would not do the job several times.I will press the button, it makes a beep like it is connecting and nothing happens.
    01-21-12 06:52 AM
    This is my first version of 7.1 and the only thing I see missing is the option to change the network connection. Is the option to turn off "4G" no longer around or am I missing it and it's a different place?

I liked to use when I was someplace where the 4G was not good and also other times when I wanted to improve my battery life because I knew I was going to be away from any way to charge if needed.
    It has been missing in the last 2 7.1 OS that I know of.Apparently certain carriers don't want us to be able to control it anymore.
    01-21-12 07:04 AM
    To all of those who are hesitant, and like to get a million opinions before they take the leap into a new OS-- you know who you are... you're comfortable with your OS... phone works perfectly... and the last thing you wanna do is set up your phone from scratch just to have to revert back to your previous OS and AGAIN-- set up your phone. I don't blame that gang cause I often feel that way. Well-- this is for YOU.
    I updated my device two days ago. I've updated hundreds of times (my own and other people's BBs). For some reason I just couldn't get it to load from the apploader. I had to use desktop manager.
    The device has been running smooth as silk. No bugs, none, NADA to report. The signal is rock solid, wifi, mobile hotspot rocking (now I can FaceTime on the road with my ip4s/9900 combo). And then there's the battery... I'm coming from 503 which was fantastic. My friends, let me put it this way-- I feel like I'm back on my 9700 as far as batt goes.
    I hope this helps you "hesitaters". you know who you are. :-). Go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-21-12 07:54 AM
    Having a lot of battery drain when I've got BeBuzz installed.

Anyone else having this issue ?
    Yup.. You are right. I had to delete Bebuzz, Pattern Lock and ilock to get that awesome batt life
    01-21-12 08:09 AM
    This is my first leaked and the first 7.1.
    Batt life batter than .598 (from 7.8% down to 5.44%/hr)
    Charging - 64%/hr
    Network reception - better
    Performance - better
    Browsing - faster
    BB protect - works normally

01-21-12 08:35 AM
775 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD