I'm getting a high battry drain percentage. Is there possibly anything that I can do to lower this percentage besides switching to 2G? Phill I was wondering what your battry drain was because I'm on the same network as you. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    you need to give the OS some time to settle in, try to play with your settings, applications.
    you can try to put it on 2G and see if the battery becomes better.
    phill may be on the same network, but it can still work out different, if you want to try-
    follow his steps.
    02-12-12 11:05 AM
    I'm getting a high battry drain percentage. Is there possibly anything that I can do to lower this percentage besides switching to 2G? Phill I was wondering what your battry drain was because I'm on the same network as you. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Also do at least one battery pull every day for the first 4 or 5 days.
    02-12-12 12:28 PM
    Anyone else find the browser extrenely laggy/unresponsive in this build? Even as I type this I can see the letters trying to catch up and its MAD annoying.. Definitely going back to a 7.0 build..
    02-12-12 12:36 PM
    I don't have BIS because the seller forgot to include that, but I do have normal Internet.
    BIS has nothing to do with the seller, that's down to you the buyer to sort out.
    02-12-12 01:55 PM
    Phill I was wondering what your battry drain was because I'm on the same network as you. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    My battery life has always been good. Never use 2G and have Sure Signal at home. No special settings, just in a good signal area.

This is after 14 hours, but today has been pretty light usage compared to weekdays...

02-12-12 02:01 PM
    How about you try it and see if it works? Better than waiting or getting no answer.
    Okay, I did it.

It loaded sucessfully on an AT&T 9900. Some version infos:

7.1 Bundle 648 (v7.1.0.205, Platform 5.1.0.181)
    3G/4G Bands 1,2,5,6
    Branding Version: 1.0.102.464A
    WLAN Version: 4.5.0.130

I had to load it twice. It loaded successfully on 1st try (did not use BBSAK util), but I decided to use BBSAK to wipe and reset the device since I had some anomalies previously (on my original OS) with Service Book entries and decided to try out a fresh clean install.

When I attempted to turn on Mobile Hotspot, it errors out saying the service provider did not enable this feature.
    "Activation Required Dialog box: Mobile Hotspot is not set up for this account. Please call AT&T Customer Care"
    Has anyone any ideas what to tinker with??? Thanks for any suggestions!

So far, it works fine (calls + data on AT&T network). I can tether to PC and surf the net, and I can even connect my personal Mifi battery operated device (using APN: phone) and use it as my router (USB cable connected to 9900). YES, I do have Blackberry tethering service on my call plan activated.

One note (related to before the OS 7.1 upgrade):
    I have not YET connected to BES activation because previously on my old OS, when I did the BES activation to connect to my corp email; it clobbered my ability to use the Mifi device although tethering continued to work fine. The "Modem Enabled" indicator does not show up when I connect my Mifi device to it. The BES activation downloaded something that disabled this capability but the tethering to a PC continues to work just fine.

Any ideas what to look for in Service Books before I attempt the BES activation on this new OS 7.1 ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by me4tux; 02-12-12 at 02:41 PM. Reason: minor edits
    02-12-12 02:32 PM
    My battery life has always been good. Never use 2G and have Sure Signal at home. No special settings, just in a good signal area.

This is after 14 hours, but today has been pretty light usage compared to weekdays...

Click to view quoted image
    Yeah, I know, that's why I upgraded to a contract with BIS but ont 1 April.
    But I've I try to upgrade my phone to 7.1, it says I don't have a Active Blackberry data plan, so I can't go to 7.1 untill I have BIS right?
    02-12-12 04:24 PM
    I guess I'm confused at this moment. I also have a Att Bold 9900. Of course Att has not come out with an offical 7.1 os download. But Im assuming this is no longer leaked right? As blackberry has announced the os offical. I want to try to update to 7.1 before waiting for ATT, but I am unable to find a download link as most of the mirrors have pulled the download. Does anybody have any links handy? I will keep searching in the mean time.
    02-13-12 11:26 AM
    I guess I'm confused at this moment. I also have a Att Bold 9900. Of course Att has not come out with an offical 7.1 os download. But Im assuming this is no longer leaked right? As blackberry has announced the os offical. I want to try to update to 7.1 before waiting for ATT, but I am unable to find a download link as most of the mirrors have pulled the download. Does anybody have any links handy? I will keep searching in the mean time.
    T-Mobile has it. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml files.
    02-13-12 11:29 AM
    It's still leaked. An OS only becomes official when a carrier supports it, and as yet, none have.

As for live links... try this
    ndpsorts316 likes this.
    02-13-12 11:32 AM
    try this one.

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2343...2Findex47.html
    02-13-12 11:33 AM
    T-Mobile has it. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml files.
    TMO had it... then pulled it
    02-13-12 11:33 AM
    TMO had it... then pulled it
    Gaaahhh daymn it. Lol
    02-13-12 11:35 AM
    But I've I try to upgrade my phone to 7.1, it says I don't have a Active Blackberry data plan, so I can't go to 7.1 untill I have BIS right?
    Just wipe your phone and update using loader.exe... you'll be fine
    02-13-12 11:36 AM
    It's still leaked. An OS only becomes official when a carrier supports it, and as yet, none have.

As for live links... try
    that worked. Thanks!! Any vendor files have to be removed? Probably not.
    02-13-12 11:37 AM
    well try to update it first without, then if you cannot you know what to do.
    02-13-12 11:39 AM
    I'm about 36 hours in to 205 and pleased as punch! I upgraded form a few weeks on 7.0.0.585, which was awful for battery life (compared to the sluggish but reliable 7.0.0.353 I was on for months previously). However, even after this short of a time, I'm already really impressed with the battery life. Also the UI is very responsive. I tried out the hotspot briefly with my Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 android tablet and it worked great. All in all, very happy so far.
    02-13-12 11:46 AM
    Can someone please help me? The .585 battery sucks sooo much.
    02-14-12 12:18 PM
    Either a spare/extra battery (also, external charger recommended), or an upgrade to 7.1.0.190.

Edit: You also need to search for and delete both vendor.xml files for 7.1 to be loaded.
    02-14-12 02:39 PM
    'Originally Posted by MrChiezy

you don't need BIS to upgrade it, you can also update without BIS.
    just to be sure to delete all the vendor.xml's and double check everything.
    before you give it an shot.
    02-14-12 02:45 PM
    I've already answered you above.

Wipe your phone with BBSAK, then update using loader.exe

If you don't know what I mean, then please search or read this... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=570663
    02-14-12 02:47 PM
    you don't need BIS to upgrade it, you can also update without BIS.
    You do need BIS if you try to update using Desktop Manager without wiping.

If you wipe the phone first and use loader.exe to update you'll be ok.
    02-14-12 02:53 PM
    Guys, thank you so much!
    Is it 'dangerous' to whipe it? I'm just scared that it goes wrong because i love my 9900 just got a oem hardshell and screenprotector and i love it
    02-14-12 03:28 PM
    I've noticed that sometimes my phone is locked and I can't unlock it. No matter what keys I hit nothing happens. I have to do a soft reset in order to get it to work. But once I reboot I just hit unlock and boom it works like a charm.
    02-14-12 09:35 PM
    I've noticed that sometimes my phone is locked and I can't unlock it. No matter what keys I hit nothing happens. I have to do a soft reset in order to get it to work. But once I reboot I just hit unlock and boom it works like a charm.
    Yes I've noticed that too - occasionally. I have also noticed that following the incident; if left alone, the phone becomes active again in a few seconds..
    02-14-12 09:42 PM
775 ... 28293031
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD