Yes, I have tried the battery pull (more than once!). I should have said so in my original message - sorry!
    How do I re-send the service books?
    02-06-12 10:40 AM
    Yes, I have tried the battery pull (more than once!). I should have said so in my original message - sorry!
    How do I re-send the service books?
    Set Up > E.Mail Accounts > Menu > Service Books
    02-06-12 10:47 AM
    Ah yes, but therein lies the rub ... That is the setup routine that I cannot get into because when I press the icon it goes blue and .... see my first post!
    02-06-12 10:54 AM
    Ah yes, but therein lies the rub ... That is the setup routine that I cannot get into because when I press the icon it goes blue and .... see my first post!
    Apologies, I think that you may have to do a re install of the OS if you have no access to the set up menu.

Another thought, try calling your service provider, I believe that they can "push" the service books to your phone.
    02-06-12 11:06 AM
    Hey guys! Apologies if this has been asked before-- I couldn't find it. I just upgraded my T-Mobile 9900 to .205 from .74-- the wi-fi hotspot worked flawlessly on .74 (for free). Now, since I upgraded to .205, which is noticeably improved in every aspect, when I try to access the internet via the hotspot, the device I'm using redirects me to a T-Mobile page to pay 14.99 a month for the hotspot service-- though this was not the issue in .74. Anybody else having this problem / know a workaround? I would really hate to have to downgrade to .74 because of this.
    This has been asked several times by TMO users.

The only fix is to replace the hotspot cod file from this build with the one from .74 or .163

Have a search through this thread for instructions on how to do it, and also for the replacement cod file.
    ZFaR likes this.
    02-06-12 11:20 AM
    Hmmm ... my service provider doesn't seem to think they can push the books to me. They told me to re-register the phone on the network, which I have done, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I am going to have to do a reinstall of the OS - though I am reluctant to risk this .205 again!
    But thanks very much for your time and your help.
    02-06-12 11:38 AM
    Hmmm ... my service provider doesn't seem to think they can push the books to me. They told me to re-register the phone on the network, which I have done, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I am going to have to do a reinstall of the OS - though I am reluctant to risk this .205 again!
    No problem, hope that all is well for you ASAP.

As for .205, it is worth giving it a 2nd try, by all accounts T Mobile has started pushing it out today as an OTA update so looks as this will be the first official 7.1 build.

For me, it has been the best 9900 OS to date. I don't think it is an OS problem, but a bad install.
    manjug likes this.
    02-06-12 11:44 AM
    use the one from OS 7.1.0.163 that one works better
    Is there any how-to with the proper cod file from .163 on how to do this? I've looked, but maybe I'm just missing it! Thanks, all!
    02-06-12 01:16 PM
    use the one from OS 7.1.0.163 that one works better
    you will get a prompt when you enable hotspot, as long as the .cod is rigth, the prompt will not show up in the later versions of the .cod, like .190 and .205... but once you replace it for .74 or .163 then it supposed to show up, im not sure if your current data plan/besx may have any efect on the policy :S
    I have the .163 file to replace it, but where / how do I actually replace the existing file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    02-06-12 01:57 PM
    Would you happen to know how to go about actually replacing the file once I actually have it? I'm sure this can't be that complicated. Thanks again for your help!
    02-06-12 02:48 PM
    blackout626 02:33 PM Today -- [Reply] [!!]
    Originally Posted by dew066:
    Everything seems to be working ok on this build, BUT BB Maps.

When I start BB Maps it finds GPS no problem and shows my location on the map, BUT it does not show the streets or roads. For some reason the map is blank in detail.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My BB Maps shows the street names just fine. I don't see any option to disable/enable the street names or for level of map

UPDATE:
    I deleted my map cache, reset download count, turned off address recognition, and restarted phone. I then opened BB Maps and they worked. I then turned address recognition back on.

I would say the issue happened from restoring the phone data after the update to this O/S. Everything is now good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tried what you wrote in your update and still no love. I wonder why. Never had this problem before. Anyone else still having the same issue as above with BB maps, or was until they resolved it? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    02-06-12 04:18 PM
    Would you happen to know how to go about actually replacing the file once I actually have it? I'm sure this can't be that complicated. Thanks again for your help!
    BBSAK can do it. http://www.bbsak.org/ easy to use too!
    ZFaR likes this.
    02-06-12 05:16 PM
    With regards to BB Maps issue I would recommend wiping your device and reinstall O/S.
    02-06-12 05:54 PM
    With regards to BB Maps issue I would recommend wiping your device and reinstall O/S.
    Tried that already. No luck on my end.
    02-06-12 11:08 PM
    just upgraded to 7.1.0.205 from .540. I got the mobile hotspot. I got it running, or so I thought, until i got redirected to TMO's site asking me to add the tethering plan. This is no surprise since I have read this in many posts here....Tmo still has the unadvertised promo to upgrade to the 5gb plan to include the tethering plan, right? However, I found out that I can still tether to the laptop using desktop software, so no big deal really.

I used the link shared by legal eagle, and upgrading was a breeze - no searching for vendor xml files....just followed the steps and clicked each step and i was done in around 20 mins.

Well, I still need to play with the settings tonite...
    02-06-12 11:47 PM
    This has been asked several times by TMO users.

The only fix is to replace the hotspot cod file from this build with the one from .74 or .163

Have a search through this thread for instructions on how to do it, and also for the replacement cod file.
    Agreed with Phil, but that is not the only fix, you can legitimately get the hotspot function if you get the 5gb plan with hotspot which was priced at $30 (US) if you call and ask for it. The cod replacement can be considered a temporary fix unless you plan on staying with the same OS and no updates or until T-Mobile blocks it, yet again.

I've had it happen in the past, my solution was to restore, go back to the email set up and it'll ask you to verify all your emails again by entering your passwords in again, if you don't do so the email accounts get deleted (from your device) or stop getting pushed.

BBsak; read device, deleted the .205 hotspot cod, battery pull, install 74 or 163 cod, battery pull. This method works, BUT imo, I've found it works better by replacing the cod in the shared folder and a fresh install of the OS.

just upgraded to 7.1.0.205 from .540. I got the mobile hotspot. I got it running, or so I thought, until i got redirected to TMO's site asking me to add the tethering plan. This is no surprise since I have read this in many posts here....Tmo still has the unadvertised promo to upgrade to the 5gb plan to include the tethering plan, right? However, I found out that I can still tether to the laptop using desktop software, so no big deal really.

I used the link shared by legal eagle, and upgrading was a breeze - no searching for vendor xml files....just followed the steps and clicked each step and i was done in around 20 mins.

Well, I still need to play with the settings tonite...
    Take it or leave it advice, if you're already paying $30 for the 5gb plan and they're offering a free tethering bundle, why not take advantage of it? It's a win win, no worries about tethering getting blocked in the future.. ..no surprise charges.

EDIT: Just saw on CB, T-Mobile is FINALLY pushing out .205, official! Yes! Cheers.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 02-07-12 at 12:44 AM.
    ZFaR likes this.
    02-07-12 12:41 AM
    Hello Guys!!!

I have a question .I have installed on my BB9900 .205 and my battery life keeps my phone up and running for 12 Hours.It's normally?My collegue has a verison 7.0.0.440 and he stays with his battery around 24 hours ,I mention that he speaks on the phone much more than me and he is using bbm more then me.Any ideeas why?On my phone same version 7.0.0.440, my phone stay up and running for 4 hours...
    02-07-12 05:23 AM
    Take it or leave it advice, if you're already paying $30 for the 5gb plan and they're offering a free tethering bundle, why not take advantage of it? It's a win win, no worries about tethering getting blocked in the future.. ..no surprise charges.

EDIT: Just saw on CB, T-Mobile is FINALLY pushing out .205, official! Yes! Cheers.

I'm still on the 2gb plan for $20 although i'm thinking of getting the 5gb plan with free tethering. Problem is, if i can tether to my laptop using dm, i don't technically need the mobile hotspot. However, for $10 more, less my company discount, i might just go for it before the promo goes away.

Also, although the official version is being pushed, i figured that i wont get the official .205 for i was using .590, and i read in the posts that those using unofficial OS wont get the OTA upgrade. So, i took the plunge and installed the leaked version instead using the link posted by Legal Eagle. There was no vendor.xml file(s) to delete whatsoever, so the installation was a breeze!!

However, after the upgrade, I noticed that there is a new app installed called Name ID with Tmo logo and colors. Did I, after all, install the official version?

Thanks.
    02-07-12 10:11 AM
    BBSAK can do it. easy to use too!
    Worked like a charm, thanks so much!
    02-07-12 10:24 AM
    I'm still on the 2gb plan for $20 although i'm thinking of getting the 5gb plan with free tethering. Problem is, if i can tether to my laptop using dm, i don't technically need the mobile hotspot. However, for $10 more, less my company discount, i might just go for it before the promo goes away.

Also, although the official version is being pushed, i figured that i wont get the official .205 for i was using .590, and i read in the posts that those using unofficial OS wont get the OTA upgrade. So, i took the plunge and installed the leaked version instead using the link posted by Legal Eagle. There was no vendor.xml file(s) to delete whatsoever, so the installation was a breeze!!

However, after the upgrade, I noticed that there is a new app installed called Name ID with Tmo logo and colors. Did I, after all, install the official version?

Thanks.
    You wouldn't get the OTA update because it would be recognized as the same version. And the bloatware is pushed to your phone when you register on the network.

sbx9900 likes this.
    02-07-12 12:59 PM
    hey sorry if i dont look through the 44 pages but the link in OP doesnt work anymore is there other links?

Edit: Nvm found one. Thanks to LegalEagle

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2343...2Findex39.html
    02-07-12 10:26 PM
    hey sorry if i dont look through the 44 pages but the link in OP doesnt work anymore is there other links?

Edit: Nvm found one. Thanks to LegalEagle

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2343...2Findex39.html
    I wonder if the BB site has the official T-Mobile yet.

02-07-12 10:49 PM
    im getting an error saying this: This BlackBerry� Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry� solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry� service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.

how do i fix it
    02-07-12 11:07 PM
    Has anyone on AT&T tested if Hotspot works on 7.1.0.205 ?

Thanks!
    Sorry to bump this Question again, but I can't find a post that an AT&T user has 7.1.0.205 working on their AT&T 9900.

Thanks in advance.
    02-08-12 01:51 AM
    im getting an error saying this: This BlackBerry� Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry� solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry� service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.

how do i fix it
    Delete both vendor.xml files.
    02-08-12 01:58 AM
775 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD