I installed this OS roughly 4 days ago, its going great so far!

I restart my phone every 7/8hours, When I restart my phone, I get about 150MB of memory, I leaks of around 0.8MB within the 7/8hours.. But I've noticed when listening to music, the leaks increase!

I sleep listening to music on my phone, so music Is on for around 5hours, by the time I wake up and turn it off. Yesterday morning I woke up to a 29MB leak, so I restarted my phone, everything was fine though the day! I restarted it again and went to bed, woke up this morning to a 25MB leak, anyone else experience this?
    02-04-12 08:19 AM
    the 2nd vendor file is there....open your window explorer and copy paste the link :

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

then delete the loader xml and everything will be ok
    02-04-12 10:49 AM
    Its now been a couple of weeks with this update now. I didn't really notice any battery problems with the original .296 os or this one. I'm usually in the office. If its low I charge it.

I'm sure it would be a different story if I was away from charging sources most of the day.

Only found the 'analyser' on my Bold yesterday, seems pretty cool. The phone is all round faster too.

I haven't heard of memory leaks as stated above. I will have to read up on this as I only reboot every few days.
    02-04-12 12:38 PM
    I installed this OS roughly 4 days ago, its going great so far!

I restart my phone every 7/8hours, When I restart my phone, I get about 150MB of memory, I leaks of around 0.8MB within the 7/8hours.. But I've noticed when listening to music, the leaks increase!

I sleep listening to music on my phone, so music Is on for around 5hours, by the time I wake up and turn it off. Yesterday morning I woke up to a 29MB leak, so I restarted my phone, everything was fine though the day! I restarted it again and went to bed, woke up this morning to a 25MB leak, anyone else experience this?
    yes i do
    to add i mostly use browser and watching video in my 9900
    and in 1 day i can be down about 30-40MB
    02-04-12 01:20 PM
    Hi guys does anyone know what the little blue arrow in the bottom right hand corner is or means?

TIA

Steve

02-04-12 02:30 PM
    the 2nd vendor file is there....open your window explorer and copy paste the link :

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

then delete the loader xml and everything will be ok
    It's there ^^^

i need advice from a genius. cant update my 9900. tried 3 computers, reinstalled DM and deleted the vendor file in apploader folder. couldnt find the 2nd file. I did the whole show hidden files thing and tried searching through command prompt for this vendor file. Im not really keen on wiping device with bbsak...
    please advise
    02-04-12 03:00 PM
    Hi guys does anyone know what the little blue arrow in the bottom right hand corner is or means?

TIA

Steve

Click to view quoted image
    That is just for scrolling down with. Shouldn't be any cause for concern. I have the same arrow when I have a ton of notifications or e-mail.
    02-04-12 03:01 PM
    Ok, thanks
    02-04-12 03:09 PM
    Everything looks nice except WiFi music sync, anyone else encountered a problem with that?
    02-04-12 04:45 PM
    Everything looks nice except WiFi music sync, anyone else encountered a problem with that?
    Many times with leaks the wi fi music sync CODs don't get installed so you have to do that manually.

First of all you need BBSAK to inject the CODs later.

As soon as you have it installed you have to navigate to C/programs/commonfiles/research in motion/loader files/applications

HIGHLIGHT all the vegas_sync cods and inject them to your device.

REBOOTand you're on business
    cmcichon likes this.
    02-04-12 06:19 PM
    Good Macro shot... Impossible to be taken with a BB 9900...

- Charles
    02-04-12 09:25 PM

TIA

Steve

This is the scroll down arrow. Technically it should not be there, but just because its there no harm is done. I don't have that arrow with the exact same OS. Wired.

UPDATE: I got it too... only thing I did was completely pull down the panel and it appeared there and now it is stuck there. But if you keep one row of the panel, you would not get this issue at all.

UPDATE2: This did create an issue when I start type in on Universal Search. The touch screen stop working and when I press the back button, it went to come screen. Now the blue arrow is gone.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-04-12 at 09:48 PM.
    02-04-12 09:38 PM
    hello how to add arabic input language to it ?
    02-04-12 09:40 PM
    hello how to add arabic input to it ?
    02-04-12 09:44 PM
    I found the App World 3.1.0.60 leaks a lot of memory when it is opened and closed.
    02-04-12 09:47 PM
    Anyone know where a working link is? Can't find onee
    02-05-12 05:08 AM
    Anyone know where a working link is? Can't find onee
    http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2343...2Findex39.html
    JC61, sbx9900 and graystuff like this.
    02-05-12 06:16 AM

TIA

Steve

Oddly enough I've never noticed it in turn past until you mention it now, doesn't bother me though.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    02-05-12 09:57 PM
    Page /line down indicator is what that blue arrow is...
    02-05-12 11:16 PM
    Has anyone figured out a work around for the bug where the phone "forgets" your mobile hotspot SSID everytime the phone is rebooted?
    I have never seen that issue on any OS including .205 and I reboot my device daily. You may be experiencing another issue, as I dont believe others here are...
    02-05-12 11:20 PM
    Just finished updating to 7.1.0.205.

Mobile hotspot works like a charm. Everything else seems snappy and fast. No issues yet!
    Has anyone on AT&T tested if Hotspot works on 7.1.0.205 ?

Thanks!
    02-06-12 03:02 AM
    I have never seen that issue on any OS including .205 and I reboot my device daily. You may be experiencing another issue, as I dont believe others here are...
    Others are experiencing this issue... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-190-a-688308/

Ignore the usual foolish responses, but a couple of us actually understood the question and are experiencing the same thing.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 02-06-12 at 05:51 AM.
    02-06-12 03:40 AM
    I am on O2 in the UK, using stock 296 (or whatever it was) until last night ...

When I nervously downloaded and installed .205. It all went pretty well, and everything seemed to be working fine. I did not have to set up any of my email accounts (one blackberry, one gmail, one personal domain name) and they all seemed to continue working without any intervention. And now, at lunchtime, they have all disappered. And I cannot reinstall them because when I press the email setup button nothing happens - it goes blue but does not open. All the other setup icons seem to work ok (although the BBM icon did the same briefly). The email setup icon sits there with a tick, and a "(1)" in brackets after its name, but that is all. The exit dialogue box hung once, too, but only the once. The mail app declines to send, does not identify itself as being associated with any email name in the "compose" box.

Any suggested remedies, other than perhaps downgrading to an "authorised" version?

Manjug
    02-06-12 08:52 AM
    I am on O2 in the UK, using stock 296 (or whatever it was) until last night ...

When I nervously downloaded and installed .205. It all went pretty well, and everything seemed to be working fine. I did not have to set up any of my email accounts (one blackberry, one gmail, one personal domain name) and they all seemed to continue working without any intervention. And now, at lunchtime, they have all disappered. And I cannot reinstall them because when I press the email setup button nothing happens - it goes blue but does not open. All the other setup icons seem to work ok (although the BBM icon did the same briefly). The email setup icon sits there with a tick, and a "(1)" in brackets after its name, but that is all. The exit dialogue box hung once, too, but only the once. The mail app declines to send, does not identify itself as being associated with any email name in the "compose" box.

Any suggested remedies, other than perhaps downgrading to an "authorised" version?

Manjug
    Have you tried the usual "cure all " remedy of a battery pull ?

If you have and it hasn't worked maybe you will need to re send the service books.
    manjug likes this.
    02-06-12 09:02 AM
    Hey guys! Apologies if this has been asked before-- I couldn't find it. I just upgraded my T-Mobile 9900 to .205 from .74-- the wi-fi hotspot worked flawlessly on .74 (for free). Now, since I upgraded to .205, which is noticeably improved in every aspect, when I try to access the internet via the hotspot, the device I'm using redirects me to a T-Mobile page to pay 14.99 a month for the hotspot service-- though this was not the issue in .74. Anybody else having this problem / know a workaround? I would really hate to have to downgrade to .74 because of this.
    02-06-12 10:36 AM
775 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD