I tried the links on post #1. File can not be found. IS there any link somewhere along the pages for this thread?
    02-01-12 01:24 AM
    I tried the links on post #1. File can not be found. IS there any link somewhere along the pages for this thread?
    here you go.

Still uploading give few minutes, ok

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6436550_2655317_33563
    02-01-12 02:03 AM
    My apologies if this is not related to 7.1.0.205 leaked OS which is otherwise running great on my 9900, I so wanted crackberry Kevin to ask our RIM's new CEO that why did they opt for a 1230 mah battery when 1500 mah would have given us a of a battery performance since most of us are glued to out BlackBerries like myself and 11 hrs is the max we get if used aggressively. And why no extended battery support either? Few extended batteries on ebay etc need coder and all to run which is actually not a god idea as it can get you caught in the middle carving for coder and your original battery to start your berry if rebooted. I would rather have preferred little thicker 9900 but with a bigger battery if keeping it's design slim was the reason of having a smaller capacity battery.
    Hope I get the answer if anyone knows the reason behind this smaller capacity battery for OS 7 devices except that what RIM says OS 7 utilizes less battery power!!
    Thank You
    02-01-12 02:42 PM
    My apologies if this is not related to 7.1.0.205 leaked OS which is otherwise running great on my 9900, I so wanted crackberry Kevin to ask our RIM's new CEO that why did they opt for a 1230 mah battery when 1500 mah would have given us a of a battery performance since most of us are glued to out BlackBerries like myself and 11 hrs is the max we get if used aggressively. And why no extended battery support either? Few extended batteries on ebay etc need coder and all to run which is actually not a god idea as it can get you caught in the middle carving for coder and your original battery to start your berry if rebooted. I would rather have preferred little thicker 9900 but with a bigger battery if keeping it's design slim was the reason of having a smaller capacity battery.
    Hope I get the answer if anyone knows the reason behind this smaller capacity battery for OS 7 devices except that what RIM says OS 7 utilizes less battery power!!
    Thank You
    Why is this the place for this post?
    02-01-12 05:54 PM
    Has anyone tried enabling Music Wifi Sync using the desktop s/w wit this build?
    I had issues with this as well, and after downgrading from this build (I was having a lot of issues with the OS and I am content with waiting for a new leak) I noticed the reason why: the OS I downgraded to had the WifiSync app listed as a program I could install when installing the OS. I distinctly remember this not being the case when installing 7.1.0.205. Now I presume some of the crafty people here could probably remove the Wifi Sync install files from an old OS and maybe this can help solve your problem. But that is too advanced for me, so I can't help you there
    02-01-12 10:11 PM
    Just finished updating to 7.1.0.205.

Mobile hotspot works like a charm. Everything else seems snappy and fast. No issues yet!
    02-02-12 01:59 AM
    Why is this the place for this post?
    Cuz after every OS leak of 9900, most of the questions and queries start with battery drain rate !! Still, my apologies for any inconvenience caused..
    r_hafeed likes this.
    02-02-12 07:00 AM
    Has anyone figured out a work around for the bug where the phone "forgets" your mobile hotspot SSID everytime the phone is rebooted?
    02-02-12 07:28 AM
    Best OS I been on. A lot faster at pretty much everything and battery seems a lot better as well. sweeeeeeeeeeet.
    02-02-12 10:34 AM
    Hi guys,

I just updated my bold 9900 to 7.1.205 and would like to know what is the explanation behind "OS settle period", as this is my 1st blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by estro22; 02-02-12 at 07:15 PM.
    02-02-12 07:11 PM
    settle period means you need to let the battery/phone & the OS to become one.
    it ''could'' take some time before you see any sigificant improvements or any disinprovements.
    or you could see it right away, before you come to a final conclusion give it some time to work in.
    02-02-12 07:55 PM
    Hi guys,

I just updated my bold 9900 to 7.1.205 and would like to know what is the explanation behind "OS settle period", as this is my 1st blackberry.

"Settling in" or OS settle period" are made-up terms that some brainless ones around here created and latched on to. There's no such thing. Enjoy your BB...and for better results, just do a battery pull every day! If you experience any memory leaks, that will recoup them.

Believe nothing of what you read on the Internet - it will only serve to make matters worse.
    02-02-12 09:33 PM
    Dude! Manners, please.

Does "Roach" come from Cockroach?
    02-02-12 09:40 PM

- i highly doubt it
    probably means (roached)-joint,?

Anyways yeah, all leaked OS are similar to official OS,
    i'd say if u feel like something may happen to your bb after finishing the installation of 7.1 then dont, simply wait for 7.1 to become official, People in the CB community always upload useful/legit download(s) onto the forum. All updates and downloads related to this website are at your own risk, The forum is full of guides to help you and help make your experience here on *crackberry better, any questions dont hesitate to ask anyone on the forum! (since your new to bb 'n all)

Anyways, other than that everything else works on this OS 7.1 update works great, i just finished uploading it.
    02-03-12 12:00 AM

Clever, you.

02-03-12 12:06 AM
    Yes I have try both of them WhatsApp for BlackBerry and beta.whatsapp.com/ota (those are the correct link for OTA download of the app)

The normal version download is the same than the appworld one so it the same problema again.

Now I�m with the new beta version (2.7.2819) nut after acept the disclaimer I writte down my mobile number and click in confirm but I�still "waiting for net response" as with all the previous versions

so... from niw I don�t know how to fix it.
    Have you got a full BIS data plan? not reason for not working otherwise
    02-03-12 01:07 AM
    Have you got a full BIS data plan? not reason for not working otherwise

Yes I have a full BB data plan for all europe with Vodafone Spain, also a data plan that include all the traffic (mobile hotspots, tethering, etc,etc.

Finally after 5 o 6 reinstalls the BB have give a white screen with an app error 200 and auto reset everytime so I have send it to Blackberry ang get a new 9900 with 7.0 and now everything works fine (in 7.0) it seems that there was a problem with the old 9900 device.
    02-03-12 07:27 AM
    Yes I have a full BB data plan for all europe with Vodafone Spain, also a data plan that include all the traffic (mobile hotspots, tethering, etc,etc.

Finally after 5 o 6 reinstalls the BB have give a white screen with an app error 200 and auto reset everytime so I have send it to Blackberry ang get a new 9900 with 7.0 and now everything works fine (in 7.0) it seems that there was a problem with the old 9900 device.
    Just use BBsak and wipe, fresh install. You'll be set.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    02-03-12 12:08 PM
    Just use BBsak and wipe, fresh install. You'll be set.

that was i made, but everytime it didn�t work...

I always use to wipe with bbsak before upgrading/restore with DM
    02-03-12 12:14 PM
    Hey Guys, I just downloaded leak 7.1.0.205...

I install it and everything but when I oopen AppLoader it doesn't load 7.1 and just reloads the existing 7.0 that is on my phone... ?

Can anyone help me ?

Thx.

BOLD 9900
    02-03-12 02:36 PM
    You have to delete the vendor file. (Actually there are two of them, look at the guides on crackberry...)

Brisco88 likes this.
    02-03-12 03:16 PM
    I installed these leaks many times i just dont get it which second vendor file ? i always delete the one in the apploader folder...the loader just doesnt seethe new 7.1 software ??

help ?!?!
    02-03-12 03:44 PM
    ok guys figured it out there are 2 vendor files indeed !!!

the 2nd one is at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

thanks !!!!
    estro22 likes this.
    02-03-12 03:54 PM
    ok guys figured it out there are 2 vendor files indeed !!!

the 2nd one is at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

thanks !!!!
    I'm glad we were able to help you in the self discovery of the 2nd vendor file.

02-04-12 12:29 AM
    i need advice from a genius. cant update my 9900. tried 3 computers, reinstalled DM and deleted the vendor file in apploader folder. couldnt find the 2nd file. I did the whole show hidden files thing and tried searching through command prompt for this vendor file. Im not really keen on wiping device with bbsak...
    please advise
    02-04-12 04:36 AM
775 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD