carrier: rogers wireless

did not shrink os loaded .205 as is

upgraded from .585/.540 hybrid and so far:

- battery was pretty good on the hybrid, upgrading to this it seems like its on par if not a bit better. i am a moderate to heavy user and battery lasts almost all day.
    - mobile hotspot worked right away as i already have a 6gb data plan so tethering is included ( minimum 1 gb needed for tethering)
    - browser is a bit faster
    - general os feels the same smooth and snappy

issues:

- browser still closes when closin the second tab with the back button to return to first tab.
    - music playback screws up occasionally sounds like headphones arent plugged in properly. changing the song or pausing it and resuming usually fixes it.
    - cannot access email setup. just have the default email setup from restoring. however i think i removed it when running apploader so this could be a fault on my end.
    - when going back to a page browser sometimes loads at the bottom of the page so i have to scroll back up

everything else running smoothly. browser doesnt close when locking phone. dont see arrows randomly on the screen staying put. no reboots. no memory leaks.

only apps i have are: cineplex, google maps, score mobile, wikitude, 2 in 1 flashlight, beweather trial, shazaam, blackberry protect ( updates once a week ), rogersmyaccount
    01-30-12 07:33 AM
    Are you guys getting awesome battery life on 3G or 2G? I'm getting 8-10hrs on 3G and 24+hrs on Edge.
    with my usage 18 hrs on 2G
    01-30-12 09:29 AM
    Is normal for home scrEen 0.63?
    01-30-12 10:40 AM
    Is normal for home scrEen 0.63?
    Come again
    01-30-12 11:22 AM
    Come again
    I think he's got a big .63 on his homescreen. ; )

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    01-30-12 12:37 PM
    Does anyone have a mirror please?

Thanks.
    01-30-12 01:53 PM
    Is anyone having issues with the browser crashing? Especially with encryption enabled.
    01-30-12 02:48 PM

Thanks.
    - agreed.
    -just got another bb9900 on rogers this time, i wanna upload .205 instead of previous version installed on my MTS bb9900
    01-30-12 02:48 PM
    - agreed.
    -just got another bb9900 on rogers this time, i wanna upload .205 instead of previous version installed on my MTS bb9900

Still uploading give few minutes...

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6436550_2655317_33563
    01-30-12 03:10 PM

Thanks.

Still uploading give few minutes, ok

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6436550_2655317_33563
    01-30-12 03:11 PM
    Nice to find out that they included the wifi hotspots/tethering at no extra cost to T-Mobile users 5G and over. Was dead set against it if they didnt include it.

Still pondering getting one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-30-12 03:27 PM
    I have a question on the mobile hotspot in 205. Does it still require you to input the APN name before it is turn on?
    01-30-12 11:26 PM
    Any news when 7.1 will officially be released? If its too far from now, I am thinking of playing with the leaked one I have downloaded already.
    01-31-12 04:45 AM
    I have a question on the mobile hotspot in 205. Does it still require you to input the APN name before it is turn on?
    No. This disappeared after 7.1.0.074
    01-31-12 06:02 AM
    After waiting for some feedback I have finally uppgrade to .205, and now i have a problem with whatsapp app. I couldn�t open it. first time I get the put your mobile number to send the sms and confirm your account, and once i push send confirmation I get a "waiting net response" for almost 30 minutes, I pull battery and restar and once i restart i push on the app icon but I can�t open it. i see that I have some messages hrought the messages app but thats all.

I have tryed to delete, restart and reinstall but it continue on the same way.

Also as I went from original 7.0 version without wiping the device I havewipe the device completely with bbsak and after that reinstall the OS and through appworld i have donwload whatsapp again, but I�m suffering the same problem

Any ideas about how to fix this problem?

thanks in advance
    01-31-12 06:43 AM
    Is anyone having issues with the browser crashing? Especially with encryption enabled.
    I do use encryption and My browser is flashy quick
    Last edited by albertinik; 01-31-12 at 01:02 PM.
    01-31-12 12:49 PM
    After waiting for some feedback I have finally uppgrade to .205, and now i have a problem with whatsapp app. I couldn�t open it. first time I get the put your mobile number to send the sms and confirm your account, and once i push send confirmation I get a "waiting net response" for almost 30 minutes, I pull battery and restar and once i restart i push on the app icon but I can�t open it. i see that I have some messages hrought the messages app but thats all.

Also as I went from original 7.0 version without wiping the device I havewipe the device completely with bbsak and after that reinstall the OS and through appworld i have donwload whatsapp again, but I�m suffering the same problem

thanks in advance
    the most strange thing is that once I reset the BB trough the messages option I could acces to the chat that I received but once i get to the whatsapp app and I see stage 4 updating if I push the escape key I can�t access anymore to the chat trough mesages option
    01-31-12 12:51 PM

thanks in advance
    Are you sure you using whats up app for 7.1?
    From your browser www.whatsup.com/ota
    Or www.whatsup.com/beta/ota which is better and has worked great for me
    Last edited by albertinik; 01-31-12 at 12:59 PM.
    01-31-12 12:52 PM
    Are you sure you using whats up app for 7.1?
    From your browser www.whatsup.com/ota
    Or www.whatsup.com/beta/ota which is better and has worked great for me
    Yes I have try both of them WhatsApp for BlackBerry and beta.whatsapp.com/ota (those are the correct link for OTA download of the app)

The normal version download is the same than the appworld one so it the same problema again.

Now I�m with the new beta version (2.7.2819) nut after acept the disclaimer I writte down my mobile number and click in confirm but I�still "waiting for net response" as with all the previous versions

so... from niw I don�t know how to fix it.
    01-31-12 01:24 PM
    I want this on my 9810 and I need a little help

I screwed up last time with email set up, could not get them setup threw email setup .

What do I need to do to have all my service books and email accounts load up after this install?

Thanks

MTS Canada
    01-31-12 02:41 PM

I screwed up last time with email set up, could not get them setup threw email setup .

What do I need to do to have all my service books and email accounts load up after this install?

Thanks

MTS Canada
    Just use the BIS website to setup and push those servicebooks through. No biggy.
    lboudreau likes this.
    01-31-12 02:43 PM
    Because you have no clue how to update your device. Posting this after 545 + posts in the thread - many from users have updated to this version already, further demonstrates your inability to update your device...wow.
    Dude! Manners, please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    lboudreau likes this.
    01-31-12 02:47 PM
    Because you have no clue how to update your device. Posting this after 545 + posts in the thread - many from users have updated to this version already, further demonstrates your inability to update your device...wow.
    have a swell day , not worth it
    01-31-12 02:54 PM

Thanks

MTS Canada
    This is only for the 9900,you have to check if there's a 9810 7.1 available for you.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    01-31-12 09:36 PM
    I have tested with BB Analyzer for last 2 days that when on 2G (only) network mode, Battery drains at 2%-3%/hr, on 3G its 5+% and on 3G & 2G its 6+% with my normal usage. (3G network is little weaker in my area)
    lycafe likes this.
    02-01-12 12:51 AM
775 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD