Depends on what data plan you're on now. My old data plan was a truly unlimited 5gig whereas the new one is also unlimited, BUT, after 5gig your speed is throttled down to EDGE speeds for the remainder of the month. But I have never come close to exceeding 5gig so that was a non-issue for me.

In addition, I am now seeing faster speeds on my phone - e.g. using performance.toast.net I had never seen speeds faster than 2.9mbps. But after the change I have seen speeds as high as 5.3mbps.

So from everything I found out, there was no downside to me switching.

And...as long as your current voice plan is compatible with the new data plan, there is no contract extension. In my case, I was on the old unlimited loyalty plan which it turned out was NOT compatible. However, I got myself transferred to the customer loyalty department and they were able to switch me to the classic unlimited voice and text plan without changing my contract term and they discounted it by $10 per month so I am paying exactly the same as I was before, but now I also have unlimited texting!

A win/win/win!
    For all you tmobile USA people who are wishing they could get the new mobile hotspot feature to work - as per tmonews.com, tmobile has an unadvertized limited time promotion where you can get a 5gig data plan which includes mobile hotspot and their photo sharing options bundled in at the regular price of $30 ($35 if you need BES).

Anyone can ask for the bundle - it is NOT limited to new customers, and even if you already have a 5gig plan, you can still upgrade to this new bundled plan.

This morning I changed my plan to this...and forgetting about the fact that they provisioned me incorrectly until I was able to talk to a blackberry support person, my hotspot is now working PERFECTLY and FAST! This afternoon I got over 8mb/s download speed using speedtest.net.

I am a happy customer!

Note that this is a limited time promotion (no date defined so I can't tell you when it ends, but it will end). So I suggest you jump onto the plan while it's available!.
    Did you have to extend your line or your contract? In addition, is there any down side to this new plan compared to the old one?

I also upgrade today to the 5GB + Mobile Hotspot $30/mo.

did not have to extend my contract
    01-26-12 04:43 PM
    Oh yes, this OS 7.1 is definitely weak in terms of reception compared to versions in the OS 7.0 range, unless someone wants to disagree?
    I disagree... I'm getting a signal now in places where previously I would only get SOS
    01-26-12 05:05 PM
    My battery drain is around 5% per hour, and am 100% sure its to do with the data transmission arrows, sometimes mine stays constant till I turn off the bb via the power button and when I turn it back on, its back to normal.

Anyone else out there facing this issue?

p.s. Am still on 7.1.0.190, and from what nsane1 is saying, seems this version is also doing the same thing...
    Are those data transmission arrows actually active, ie flashing?

I've had the same bug on all 7.1 builds with the arrows icon remaining on-screen, however mine are definitely inactive. I've even checked my Events Log and nothing is happening, the icon just hasn't gone away.

Not a biggie, as Legal Eagle suggested... just press the alt key and they're gone
    BK_Guji likes this.
    01-26-12 05:19 PM
    I disagree... I'm getting a signal now in places where previously I would only get SOS
    Yeah I have better signal aswell. I think he was referring about the randomly range drops and signal boost that I have eperienced myself. One bar on idle and as soon as the phone gets touched the signal Sprints up.
    01-26-12 06:37 PM
    The music EQ doesn't seem to work.
    01-26-12 07:27 PM
    I've been using 205 for a couple of weeks now and the only issue I have found is the middle trackpad settings are unusual. While I am scrolling up or down it will randomly start to drill down as if I have pressed in on the trackpad. This was not happening until I upgraded to 7.1. It gets annoying at times as it selectsa things I didn't mean too.

Anyone else find this to be an issue.

Thank you!
    01-26-12 07:59 PM
    For all you tmobile USA people who are wishing they could get the new mobile hotspot feature to work - as per tmonews.com, tmobile has an unadvertized limited time promotion where you can get a 5gig data plan which includes mobile hotspot and their photo sharing options bundled in at the regular price of $30 ($35 if you need BES).

Anyone can ask for the bundle - it is NOT limited to new customers, and even if you already have a 5gig plan, you can still upgrade to this new bundled plan.

This morning I changed my plan to this...and forgetting about the fact that they provisioned me incorrectly until I was able to talk to a blackberry support person, my hotspot is now working PERFECTLY and FAST! This afternoon I got over 8mb/s download speed using speedtest.net.

I am a happy customer!

Note that this is a limited time promotion (no date defined so I can't tell you when it ends, but it will end). So I suggest you jump onto the plan while it's available!.
    Great find! I called about 4 hours ago and they hooked it up!

I have noticed this on all 3 of the leaked 7.1's but my battery life on both .190 and .205 is fine.

Anecdotally, if you press and hold the Alt key the arrows are said to go away !!!
    The frozen transmission arrows are defect in the 7.1 if you got sky twice it will 'clear' it. Unless it's really transmitting.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    01-26-12 11:56 PM
    Oh yes, this OS 7.1 is definitely weak in terms of reception compared to versions in the OS 7.0 range, unless someone wants to disagree?
    Not on Telus network. It has improved to the point that in the basement of my university I have full bars compared to 2/5 bars I used to have on the original Telus stock version.
    01-26-12 11:59 PM
    Not on Telus network. It has improved to the point that in the basement of my university I have full bars compared to 2/5 bars I used to have on the original Telus stock version.
    I don't think I ever have had reception issues anywhere I go with any of the roms, leaked or unofficial. But that might have to do with the fact that I'm on the metro Chicago area.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    01-27-12 12:31 AM

.163 COD FILE!!!!!!

FileSwap.com : Upload Files, Free File Hosting, Cloud Storage cFX9e1OTbs/ net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod.html
    Here you go sir
    For those that found the link was broken, here's where it's pointing to: FileSwap.com : net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod download free
    01-27-12 01:03 AM
    Hi.

I have no problems with this leaked version but i have one question for you, maybe you could help me with this. When i tried to dial a number from the home screen of my bb, when i type the number 7, the phone receive him as is letter Y , and if i type Z ( i have the Z letter next to T and U) it types 7 . How can i switch those ? so i can dial a number normally ? This problem is only in home screen, if i pres dial button and then i write the number works normally.

Thank you
    01-27-12 04:07 AM
    Has anyone tried enabling Music Wifi Sync using the desktop s/w wit this build?
    01-27-12 04:09 AM
    Just realized that with this OS i can run all connections at the same time. (mobile hotspot and bluetooth) With the previous leak anytime i switch on mobile hotspot it would automatically switch off bluetooth. Now im using them both!!!! *BBMDance*
    01-27-12 07:19 AM
    Are those data transmission arrows actually active, ie flashing?

I've had the same bug on all 7.1 builds with the arrows icon remaining on-screen, however mine are definitely inactive. I've even checked my Events Log and nothing is happening, the icon just hasn't gone away.

Not a biggie, as Legal Eagle suggested... just press the alt key and they're gone
    I'll check up on the Events Log and report back and as for the icon itself, its static, not blinking...

You and Legal Eagle most probably correct coz as soon as i press Alt its like it erases it the transmission icon lol

Yeah I have better signal aswell. I think he was referring about the randomly range drops and signal boost that I have eperienced myself. One bar on idle and as soon as the phone gets touched the signal Sprints up.
    yes sorry, this is what I meant. The exact place I leave my phone during the day and the exact place I leave my phone at night, I sometimes have one bar signal, sometimes full, varies abit too much for my liking.
    01-27-12 08:40 AM
    I have been running 7.1.205 since it was first released with only one small issue so far that I have not yet seen posted on this thread. Twice now after using my handsfree bluetooth through my vehicle I have had no sounds from my phone after getting out of my vehicle. No ringer, no alerts or any other sounds. The profile was set on normal, and the only way to get the audio back was to do a battery pull on both occasions.

It is a minor issue, but a bug in the OS none the less. I did not have this issue with 7.1.190.

Regards
    01-27-12 10:12 AM
    I've been using 205 for a couple of weeks now and the only issue I have found is the middle trackpad settings are unusual. While I am scrolling up or down it will randomly start to drill down as if I have pressed in on the trackpad. This was not happening until I upgraded to 7.1. It gets annoying at times as it selectsa things I didn't mean too.
    Yes shortstops, that's exactly what I'm seeing. In my case, it will actually open an app. Sometimes, it's just a drill down into a folder. It seems random, and definately never happened on 7.0. I honestly don't rememember it on .190 either... I honestly thought it was like smudges on the touchscreen making it "select" I've tried everything, but perhaps it is touchpad settings (vs touchscreen settings that I've been fiddling with).
    01-27-12 11:10 AM
    Does someone have an additional mirror or URL for this release? All the links I've found no longer work (files pulled).

Thanks.
    01-27-12 12:16 PM
    Yes shortstops, that's exactly what I'm seeing. In my case, it will actually open an app. Sometimes, it's just a drill down into a folder. It seems random, and definately never happened on 7.0. I honestly don't rememember it on .190 either... I honestly thought it was like smudges on the touchscreen making it "select" I've tried everything, but perhaps it is touchpad settings (vs touchscreen settings that I've been fiddling with).
    I believe it to be the track pad as I am not using the touch screen at all. It's like it is hyper sensitive.
    01-27-12 09:09 PM
    I believe it to be the track pad as I am not using the touch screen at all. It's like it is hyper sensitive.
    BTW...I have changed changed my track pad settings to 80 and 80 to see if it makes a difference.
    01-27-12 09:13 PM
    Memory leaks are terrible in this build, I use browser a lot. But I've never experienced memory leaks with previous OSes.
    In this OS my device memory go down about 20-30MB within 1 day use.
    Not a big problem though as I always change my battery midway through the day, but still there's "something" to be noted.
    Other than that I don't really see any problem.
    Phone feel a little bit more responsive
    Browser also a little bit more responsive
    After 1 week use, I only have 1 sudden reboot where in previous OSes normally once a day at minimum mostly when I browse.
    Battery life also get better in this build.
    So far that's what I experienced.
    Now can anybody who uses the browser a lot can confirm if the browser is the main culprit for the memory leaks ?
    01-27-12 10:20 PM
    I'm also finding I'm having memory leak issues on this build. 30-40mb a day...how about others?
    01-27-12 10:44 PM
    Does someone have an additional mirror or URL for this release? All the links I've found no longer work (files pulled).

Thanks.
    I was able to finish DL'ing from the torrent posted in this thread.
    01-27-12 11:13 PM
    Mirror :

Code:
    dl.dropbox.com/u/18967229/9900AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel648_PL5.1.0.181_A7.1.0.205.zip
    cooliosam likes this.
    01-28-12 02:53 AM
    I'm also finding I'm having memory leak issues on this build. 30-40mb a day...how about others?
    No leaks here, mine hovers just above 190mb.
    01-28-12 03:29 AM
    -0.5MB after 36 hours is hardly a memory leak, so no issues here.

01-28-12 06:40 AM
775 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD