trying to install whatsapp messenger but, its not working.

Anybody else having the same issue?
    WhatsApp is working for me fine, what portion of the install isn't working? When they try and send a confirmation text?

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    01-24-12 12:13 PM
    In my case, nothing works. No internet or voice network access. But 4G appears on the screen with full access and the status shows as everything working.
    I need to go into mobile network and untick the box and turn it back on.

JP
    Don't have 4G but something similar happened when on 3G, so I simply toggled it to 2G and turn on 3G only when need to surf.... That solved issue with my set under my conditions..
    01-24-12 01:11 PM
    trying to install whatsapp messenger but, its not working.

Anybody else having the same issue?
    Try battery pull it might resolve.....it did for few applications I downloaded...otherwise whatsapp is working fine.
    01-24-12 01:13 PM
    Don't have 4G but something similar happened when on 3G, so I simply toggled it to 2G and turn on 3G only when need to surf.... That solved issue with my set under my conditions..
    Has this always happened to you? Or is it only with this leaked build 205?

JP
    01-24-12 01:13 PM
    Hello everyone,

Ever since I installed this build 205 I have a very annoying problem. My 9900 will stop transmitting or receiving even though it displays the full 4G signal with internet access.

Basically everything will stop working: BBM, browser, and calls! So no internet connection and no network connection.

The only way to fix it is to manually turn off the mobile network and turn it back on!

Has anyone had this problem? It happens maybe 2-3 times a day for me.

JP
    Yes, I posted, think near bottom of page 29 now, same issue, I have been mid call, couldn't describe it well but this must be exactly what is happening. Transmit completely halts, almost like the network is busy. Still have my 9700 and have not had this happen. Think there is an occasional glitch in 205, not sure if the network or the firmware triggers it. Hope it gets identified as it is not consistent.
    01-24-12 01:18 PM
    @ Phill_UK

Hi Phil i hope you dont mind me but i couldn't send you a personal PM. your using Vodafone UK network.

i however am on T-MobileUK and I have just installed the latest 7.1 leak on my Bold 9900
    but i am unable to use the wi-fi hotspot

When i try it, it says "Activation Required Click continue to subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan using the browser on your smartphone or on a connected wi-fi device."

But there is no "Continue" button? just "ok" ..and when i click on ok nothing happens?

Is there any settings or anything somewhere that i can change to make it work?

any help you provide is much appreciated.

regards

Alex
    Can't help I'm afraid Alex. T-Mobile UK are obviously blocking Mobile Hotspot via their service books, as I see you're not the only one.

Vodafone did the same while I was using .74 as it worked initially, then suddenly stopped and I was getting the same message as you. I later downgraded to .585 but as soon as .190 was released, Vodafone must have updated their service books because everything was working again.

You can try calling them, but chances are they'll have no idea what you're talking about and will probably attempt to sell you a tethering add-on. Best bet is to wait for them to update their service books.
    01-24-12 01:40 PM
    I am stuck at 98.9% since yesterday afternoon.

Anywhere else I can get it fast?

Thanks.
    Is it that u r downloading the OS which stuck @ 98.9%??
    I had similar issues thrice after downloading 99% it used to stop. I downloaded from a link on rroyy.com to mobile. Copy the the. file onto laptop and installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-12 01:47 PM
    Can't help I'm afraid Alex. T-Mobile UK are obviously blocking Mobile Hotspot via their service books, as I see you're not the only one.

Vodafone did the same while I was using .74 as it worked initially, then suddenly stopped and I was getting the same message as you. I later downgraded to .585 but as soon as .190 was released, Vodafone must have updated their service books because everything was working again.

You can try calling them, but chances are they'll have no idea what you're talking about and will probably attempt to sell you a tethering add-on. Best bet is to wait for them to update their service books.
    Phil, I'm on T-Mobile USA, after the fix from lxhxr, wifi hotspot works and I'm not paying the additional service charge for tethering. I think it'll work on T-Mobile UK if you haven't already tried it, but what I did was replace the actual file in the OS folder then reinstalled the OS. APN, username and password pops up every time and the credentials are saved so I just hit okay and connect!

01-24-12 02:53 PM
    Phil, I'm on T-Mobile USA, after the fix from lxhxr, wifi hotspot works and I'm not paying the additional service charge for tethering. I think it'll work on T-Mobile UK if you haven't already tried it, but what I did was replace the actual file in the OS folder then reinstalled the OS. APN, username and password pops up every time and the credentials are saved so I just hit okay and connect!
    I believe you guys in the US were being diverted to a webpage to sign up for a tethering plan, before the cod fix. So in effect TMO US weren't ever blocking the feature, just trying to make you pay for it.

That's slightly different from what the TMO UK guys are experiencing. All they get is a pop-up box saying Activation Required, and when you click on OK it just closes the app. That's exactly what I had when Vodafone UK were blocking Hotspot for a period. No matter which cod combination you tried, it wouldn't work... until recently when they updated their service books, and now it connects automatically without any pop-up screens.

Of course there's no harm in trying the cod swap, but I honestly don't think it will work in this instance.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 01-24-12 at 03:11 PM.
    01-24-12 03:09 PM
    Yes, I posted, think near bottom of page 29 now, same issue, I have been mid call, couldn't describe it well but this must be exactly what is happening. Transmit completely halts, almost like the network is busy. Still have my 9700 and have not had this happen. Think there is an occasional glitch in 205, not sure if the network or the firmware triggers it. Hope it gets identified as it is not consistent.
    Hi there,

Has this happened to you with other builds? Have you tried 190? The reason I ask is because my 9900 is brand new and I wiped it and installed 205. So I haven't tried any other versions yet. But I'm thinking of moving to 190 to see if it solves this problem.

JP
    01-24-12 03:19 PM
    Hello everyone,

Ever since I installed this build 205 I have a very annoying problem. My 9900 will stop transmitting or receiving even though it displays the full 4G signal with internet access.

Basically everything will stop working: BBM, browser, and calls! So no internet connection and no network connection.

The only way to fix it is to manually turn off the mobile network and turn it back on!

Has anyone had this problem? It happens maybe 2-3 times a day for me.

JP
    I am glad you posted this. I am having the same issue but i am on 190. i was hoping the upgrade to 205 would address this but it seems not per your post.

i usually have both wifi and 4G running and when i pick up the phone to check something on the web or run an app and the phone has been sitting dormant for a while, it tries to connect to the internet and fails. i can see the arrow transmitting data but not receiving. i try several times to refresh the web page and eventually it "wakes up" from this "dormant" state. the other way as you accurately described is to turn off all networks and restore...

this is a big issue for me. and seems to be happening a lot lately.
    01-24-12 03:26 PM
    I am glad you posted this. I am having the same issue but i am on 190. i was hoping the upgrade to 205 would address this but it seems not per your post.

i usually have both wifi and 4G running and when i pick up the phone to check something on the web or run an app and the phone has been sitting dormant for a while, it tries to connect to the internet and fails. i can see the arrow transmitting data but not receiving. i try several times to refresh the web page and eventually it "wakes up" from this "dormant" state. the other way as you accurately described is to turn off all networks and restore...

this is a big issue for me. and seems to be happening a lot lately.
    Well that's not good then. I've only tried 205 and was going to go to 190. Has this always happened to you on any build? Ever tried 7.0 builds?
    01-24-12 03:33 PM
    Well that's not good then. I've only tried 205 and was going to go to 190. Has this always happened to you on any build? Ever tried 7.0 builds?
    I think it was always an issue on my7.1 (190). i have tried 7.0 ( a few of them) and it was working fine. I think this issue is related to the hotspot feature but not 100% sure
    01-24-12 03:36 PM
    2.1.0.205 running sweet as a nut, though one gripe is the slow trackpad scrolling in the browser. Anyone else noticing that? Like a trackpad swipe is only giving me an equal amount of pointer movement. Having to swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe to get anywhere. A bit annoying.
    01-24-12 05:40 PM
    2.1.0.205 running sweet as a nut, though one gripe is the slow trackpad scrolling in the browser. Anyone else noticing that? Like a trackpad swipe is only giving me an equal amount of pointer movement. Having to swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe to get anywhere. A bit annoying.
    I don't have that issue. I am on this OS for about three days now. Change the touch pad sensitiveness under options and see if it improves. My touch pad + screen responds very fast and extremely accurate. In fact, I think the touch screen on this phone with this leak is better than my old iPod touch.
    01-24-12 05:43 PM
    I am happy to report that with the following usage I get 2.7%/hour which is awesome:
    -Berryweather updating every 30 min with background image
    -Facebook for 5 min
    -Browser for 6 min
    -OperaMini browser 7 min
    -SocialFeed 4 min
    -Wordpress app 4 min
    -Blackberry messenger 4 min (6 messages back and forth)
    -3 emails
    -calls 9 min

Other apps installed:
    -PatternLock
    -Meterberry
    -QuickLaunch (I don't this this app use a lot of battery anyway or CPU)
    -Email++ always runs in the background I think (thanks crackberry.com for the free app)
    -BB Protect (one backup today)
    01-24-12 06:16 PM
    The Links don't seem to work anymore.. does anyone have a mirror link?

NVM found a mirror link on pg.6
    Last edited by bahias; 01-24-12 at 07:03 PM.
    01-24-12 06:57 PM
    hi mate does this fix the T-Mobile uk error

i am unable to use the wi-fi hotspot

When i try it, it says "Activation Required Click continue to subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan isomg the browser on your smartphone or on a connected wi-fi device."

But there is no "Continue" button? just "ok" ..and when i click on ok nothing happens?

Is there any settings or anything somewhere that i can change to make it work?

.163 COD FILE!!!!!!

FileSwap.com : Upload Files, Free File Hosting, Cloud Storage cFX9e1OTbs/ net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod.html
    Here you go sir
    01-24-12 08:12 PM
    Has this always happened to you? Or is it only with this leaked build 205?

JP
    It has happened with all 7.1 builds
    01-24-12 10:00 PM
    I installed this and the previous 2 Leaks and it seems that I'm having a Major problem with Network connections. If for whatever reason i lose service it stays at 1 bar till i turn off radio and turn back on and even though it shows connected with 1 bar No Data works.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this problem.

Also it doesnt give me the option to switch between 4G/3G/2G and 2G Like with Official AT&T OS 7.0

Any idea when any service Provider is releasing Official 7.1?
    01-24-12 11:27 PM
    I installed yersterday this leaked version. So far i have no problems with it... all is working perfectly and i will return tonight to say battery analyse.
    01-25-12 12:56 AM
    I believe you guys in the US were being diverted to a webpage to sign up for a tethering plan, before the cod fix. So in effect TMO US weren't ever blocking the feature, just trying to make you pay for it.

That's slightly different from what the TMO UK guys are experiencing. All they get is a pop-up box saying Activation Required, and when you click on OK it just closes the app. That's exactly what I had when Vodafone UK were blocking Hotspot for a period. No matter which cod combination you tried, it wouldn't work... until recently when they updated their service books, and now it connects automatically without any pop-up screens.

Of course there's no harm in trying the cod swap, but I honestly don't think it will work in this instance.
    It's worth the shot, using the same credentials as lxhxr provided, when I was on .74 I used the US apn which is epc.tmobile.com and username and password were blank, but the battery was horrible so I went back to 7.0. Give the 163 cod a try, might work, never know until you try it! Try overwrite and then install of the OS, not just an injection.

01-25-12 01:27 AM
    How do I exactly shrink my OS because I can't seem to remove the BBM itself when using the Loader.exe file.
    01-25-12 06:36 AM
    How do I exactly shrink my OS because I can't seem to remove the BBM itself when using the Loader.exe file.
    uninstall it thru app world.
    01-25-12 08:17 AM
    Turns out it was a weather app that took a uninstall and reinstall to fix the java null error. Now the only issue I really have is the refreshing of the Today screen, text messages may arrive but they do not update in the today screen I have to hide it and show it again for it to refresh. Other than that and the pop noise everything else is running pretty well. Battery isn't too bad with normal usage and limited hotspot usage.

EDIT: The battery life still needs a few more days to settle down. But I've dropped from 100% to 77% in 3 hours with minimal usage. Which is not looking good. If only I could use the .503 radio on 7.1.0.0.205 ; )
    Last edited by gordonzhao; 01-25-12 at 09:15 AM.
    01-25-12 09:10 AM
775 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD