I installed 7.10.205 on 9900 and I noticed the battery drains very fast.

All applications are closed except applications that are open automaitcally by default by the system are Facebook, WhatsApp and Bebuzz.
    I have read RIM's article on "How to Maximize Battery Life and Free Memory on the BlackBerry smartphone" but all is ok with the setup with the stricly minimum needed.

FYI, I have the following 3rd party applications:

Facebook 2.0.0.58,
    Evernote 3.4.369
    BMO Mobile Banking 2.2
    Foursquare 3.5.1
    GasBuddy 2.6.3
    Whatsapp 2.7.2330
    BeBuzz Free 5.0.25

I tried BlackBerry Device Analyzer and tested the Battery drain test and I have the following until now:

Battery Drain Rate (High) 12.54%/hr
    Battery Charge Rate (High: 15.48%/hr

Backlight 26.35%

Average number of module: 64.2
    Average number of processes: 60.91

Any suggestions on what to do ?
    01-23-12 04:13 PM
    I installed 7.10.205 on 9900 and I noticed the battery drains very fast.

All applications are closed except applications that are open automaitcally by default by the system are Facebook, WhatsApp and Bebuzz.
    I have read RIM's article on "How to Maximize Battery Life and Free Memory on the BlackBerry smartphone" but all is ok with the setup with the stricly minimum needed.

FYI, I have the following 3rd party applications:

Facebook 2.0.0.58,
    Evernote 3.4.369
    BMO Mobile Banking 2.2
    Foursquare 3.5.1
    GasBuddy 2.6.3
    Whatsapp 2.7.2330
    BeBuzz Free 5.0.25

I tried BlackBerry Device Analyzer and tested the Battery drain test and I have the following until now:

Battery Drain Rate (High) 12.54%/hr
    Battery Charge Rate (High: 15.48%/hr

Backlight 26.35%

Average number of module: 64.2
    Average number of processes: 60.91

Any suggestions on what to do ?
    Try these steps:

Facebook - Options and change "Check for new feeds" to 3 hours - (I have set it on Never)
    BeBuzz - I deleted this app and it gave me a drastic improvement to the batt life in my case. So you can try to delete it and see how will your battery behaves.
    Can't say about other apps that you have installed except whatsapp which should be fine.

Also delete additional languages and apps that come with the OS bundle like I deleted Amazon Mp3 market (or something like that, don't 'memba the name properly) and other unwanted default apps that I don't use. Better to shrink your OS before you install it onto your device as that sheds a lot of junk.

Last but not least - Give this OS a good three to five days and couple of 'battery pulls' to settle and you should see a very decent battery life.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    01-23-12 04:52 PM
    Installed last night. Absolutely LOVE Mobile Hotspot. It works 100%. Battery life is better than the OS 7 build I was running. So far I have no complaints or issues with this build. Quite happy.
    01-23-12 05:59 PM
    Google maps is still slow getting position data.

I got a report of no coverage, rebooted, and got full signal.
    01-23-12 06:19 PM
    Hey folks,
    Upgraded to 205, looks good in most respects.
    Was curious if anyone else is experiencing this or can try it and provide feedback.
    I am on T-Mobile as an fyi.

While on a call, (using speakerphone) I can write a text but when I hit send, my voice call stops, no audio. The text is trying to go out but can't.

The audio call appears to still be connected however there is no audio, not sure if the other person can hear.

If you end the call, the text still can not go through. Try to call, it tries, then a lost call tone followed by an "Operation Failed" message on the phone. I have to wait roughly one minute before I can successfully call and/or resend the text.

I can't duplicate it consistently yet it has happened twice today.

Not sure if this is a network issue or a software/hardware issue.
    Thanks!
    01-23-12 07:20 PM
    Hey folks,
    Upgraded to 205, looks good in most respects.
    Was curious if anyone else is experiencing this or can try it and provide feedback.
    I am on T-Mobile as an fyi.

While on a call, (using speakerphone) I can write a text but when I hit send, my voice call stops, no audio. The text is trying to go out but can't.

The audio call appears to still be connected however there is no audio, not sure if the other person can hear.

If you end the call, the text still can not go through. Try to call, it tries, then a lost call tone followed by an "Operation Failed" message on the phone. I have to wait roughly one minute before I can successfully call and/or resend the text.

I can't duplicate it consistently yet it has happened twice today.

Not sure if this is a network issue or a software/hardware issue.
    Thanks!
    Very likely a network issue.
    01-23-12 07:26 PM
    Anyone know why my gmail won't work anymore? It keeps saying that my password or username are incorrect/don't match, and I assure you they are correct. Thanks!
    do you have 2-factor authentication on? Then you need to create an application specific password for the BIS login.
    01-23-12 07:49 PM
    Google maps is still slow getting position data.

I got a report of no coverage, rebooted, and got full signal.
    I quit on Google Maps since Poynt is able to use BB Maps, and BB Maps can send your destination directly to BB Traffic which now has voice prompts. It works extremely well too.
    01-23-12 08:30 PM
    Anyone know why my gmail won't work anymore? It keeps saying that my password or username are incorrect/don't match, and I assure you they are correct. Thanks!
    Try deleting the GMail Account and setting it up again. Had to do that a few times myself.
    01-23-12 08:35 PM
    I've been on this ROM for 2 days, 1 if you count a reinstall. Notices are:

A) the single popping sound at boot (annoying)
    B) after phone has booted I get a Java language null error. (Bearable)
    C) battery is too early to tell, but it's dropping way too fast even for the first few days.

Hopefully the battery gets better the next few days, a and not see tolerable, but was wondering if anyone else experienced it as well?

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    01-24-12 12:51 AM
    I've been on this ROM for 2 days, 1 if you count a reinstall. Notices are:

A) the single popping sound at boot (annoying)
    B) after phone has booted I get a Java language null error. (Bearable)
    C) battery is too early to tell, but it's dropping way too fast even for the first few days.

Hopefully the battery gets better the next few days, a and not see tolerable, but was wondering if anyone else experienced it as well?

I think you got the wrong section buddy. Or obvious troll is obvious. Blackberry device software won't work on other platforms AND it's not a ROM either.
    joju58 likes this.
    01-24-12 12:57 AM
    Ive just installed this OS. Most of it works perfectly fine. I can make calls, BBM, browse, Hotspot, receive text messages. Only issue I have is that I cant send text messages. I get a sorry network out of order message. Ive wiped the os and reinstalled, started from scracth aka no back ups, but to no avail. Ive been searching this forums hard, but cant find anything. Maybe Im not searching hard enough. Maybe I am forgetting a crucial step, could someone please help me out??

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    01-24-12 02:20 AM
    Double Post....Sorry!
    01-24-12 02:21 AM
    Um... it started rebooting itself a few times.. on my 5th already.. mostly is when I'm USB charging (via computer)...

Weird =.=
    01-24-12 02:57 AM
    I am stuck at 98.9% since yesterday afternoon.

Anywhere else I can get it fast?

Thanks.
    01-24-12 05:10 AM
    GUYS HERE IS THE .163 COD that solves the T-MOBILE ISSUE!!!

fileserve. com/file/ kUzgu4F/net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod File name: net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod File size: 5.63 KB
    If it's not to much to ask could you possibly upload the .163 COD that solves the T - MOBILE ISSUE somewhere else because currently Megaupload, fileserve, and filesonic are not working properly THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    01-24-12 06:02 AM
    If it's not to much to ask could you possibly upload the .163 COD that solves the T - MOBILE ISSUE somewhere else because currently Megaupload, fileserve, and filesonic are not working properly THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    hi mate does this fix the T-Mobile uk error

i am unable to use the wi-fi hotspot

When i try it, it says "Activation Required Click continue to subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan isomg the browser on your smartphone or on a connected wi-fi device."

But there is no "Continue" button? just "ok" ..and when i click on ok nothing happens?

Is there any settings or anything somewhere that i can change to make it work?
    01-24-12 08:32 AM
    @ Phill_UK

Hi Phil i hope you dont mind me but i couldn't send you a personal PM. your using Vodafone UK network.

i however am on T-MobileUK and I have just installed the latest 7.1 leak on my Bold 9900
    but i am unable to use the wi-fi hotspot

When i try it, it says "Activation Required Click continue to subscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan using the browser on your smartphone or on a connected wi-fi device."

But there is no "Continue" button? just "ok" ..and when i click on ok nothing happens?

Is there any settings or anything somewhere that i can change to make it work?

any help you provide is much appreciated.

regards

Alex
    01-24-12 08:37 AM
    Um... it started rebooting itself a few times.. on my 5th already.. mostly is when I'm USB charging (via computer)...

Weird =.=
    If this rebooting itself happen while the phone is connected to the same computer, this may be caused by a program in the computer itself. I am on this OS for about three days now with no issues. But I do not charge using the USB.
    01-24-12 08:55 AM
    Hello everyone,

Ever since I installed this build 205 I have a very annoying problem. My 9900 will stop transmitting or receiving even though it displays the full 4G signal with internet access.

Basically everything will stop working: BBM, browser, and calls! So no internet connection and no network connection.

The only way to fix it is to manually turn off the mobile network and turn it back on!

Has anyone had this problem? It happens maybe 2-3 times a day for me.

JP
    01-24-12 10:48 AM
    Hello everyone,

Ever since I installed this build 205 I have a very annoying problem. My 9900 will stop transmitting or receiving even though it displays the full 4G signal with internet access.

Basically everything will stop working: BBM, browser, and calls! So no internet connection and no network connection.

The only way to fix it is to manually turn off the mobile network and turn it back on!

Has anyone had this problem? It happens maybe 2-3 times a day for me.

JP
    it happens for me today(first time for last 3 days) ..can't call or send sms, but browser still working fine and BBM too...
    01-24-12 11:46 AM
    trying to install whatsapp messenger but, its not working.

Anybody else having the same issue?
    01-24-12 11:48 AM
    it happens for me today(first time for last 3 days) ..can't call or send sms, but browser still working fine and BBM too...
    In my case, nothing works. No internet or voice network access. But 4G appears on the screen with full access and the status shows as everything working.
    I need to go into mobile network and untick the box and turn it back on.

JP
    01-24-12 11:55 AM
    In my case, nothing works. No internet or voice network access. But 4G appears on the screen with full access and the status shows as everything working.
    I need to go into mobile network and untick the box and turn it back on.

JP
    But in my case untick the box and turn it back on NOT helping...I had to pull out battery...
    01-24-12 12:04 PM
    I think you got the wrong section buddy. Or obvious troll is obvious. Blackberry device software won't work on other platforms AND it's not a ROM either.
    Are you a moron?

I have a 9900, but I posted it from my tablet. And as you said if it can't be used on any other device or platform how do I know of those errors? Because I 'obviously' was able to load it onto my Android tablet....yes it is still a ROM. Leaked OS or official OS is still considered a ROM.

01-24-12 12:10 PM
775 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD