Anyone else having problems like Slash82..? cause if you cant call numbers outside the adressbook.. that would suck big time..

Cheers
    01-20-12 06:23 AM
    Any chance I can get that COD from you?
    I am too new to post a link but it is on page 12 of this thread ...but i'm totally unclear how to swap this out with the one on 205...do you, or anyone know?
    01-20-12 06:27 AM
    Anyone else having problems like Slash82..? cause if you cant call numbers outside the adressbook.. that would suck big time..

Cheers
    Not seeing that issue here. I can dial numbers not in my contact list from home screen, and from the phone screen.
    Last edited by shabbs; 01-20-12 at 06:43 AM.
    01-20-12 06:39 AM
    Been Off charge from 7AM and now 8:21PM, Still have 40% of battery.
    Not getting good as other when idling - 2.2% / Hour.
    But good enough for me when heavy BBM my wife with - 4% / Hour.
    Hoping when it settle in, it's better!

BTW , I've no problem to dial number from my home screen. Maybe reinstall the OS would fix it.

So thankful the data can be use by wifi.
    Last edited by nashshafrulrezza; 01-20-12 at 07:49 AM.
    01-20-12 07:24 AM

Cheers
    Not a problem here.

Two things I have noticed:
    1 - the lag when entering text on a web page (like this one) is greatly reduced, almost completely gone (was getting a little annoying on 190).
    2 - unplugged charger this morning after being on all night, battery only charged to 90%. Never seen that before. Rebooted and plugged back in, charged up to 95% in a half hour. Better, but not great, although I am using the slower Nokia charger. Will be keeping an eye on this. Probly plug it in again at some point this morning just to top it off.

Not too concerned about battery drain; 190 was fair to poor for a few days and then settled down to wonderful. Other than that, all seems pretty stable.
    01-20-12 08:24 AM
    PS: @rroyy, cannot thank you enough for all your contributions here. Between leaks and apps and everything else, you single-handedly enhance my BB experience more than you can imagine.
    Legal Eagle and r_hafeed like this.
    01-20-12 08:31 AM
    was yours the $35 data/text combo plan? cause if it was.. i switched from that during the summer and got the $20 preferred blackberry plan.
    $30 unlimited plan, $20 text for the family. What does the $20 preferred include?

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    01-20-12 09:00 AM
    so if this happens to leak for a 9930 or become an official release (on verizon?! what are the odds?!), would everyone recommend this be installed? is the battery life definitely improved?
    01-20-12 09:13 AM
    People wanting to load the COD file can use Rock file manager. Crackberry blogged about it. You can also find it in appworld. Such a very handy utility, I am so glad I got it.
    r_hafeed likes this.
    01-20-12 09:15 AM
    so if this happens to leak for a 9930 or become an official release (on verizon?! what are the odds?!), would everyone recommend this be installed? is the battery life definitely improved?
    It won't... but even if it did, you still couldn't compare battery life between GSM and CDMA devices.
    01-20-12 09:33 AM
    This OS version runs great.
    Batterylife is really improved!

I only got 2 bad problems with it:
    1. It's only qwerty - no qwertz...
    QWERTZ fix... here
    01-20-12 10:19 AM
    $30 unlimited plan, $20 text for the family. What does the $20 preferred include?

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)

Is there a place where I can check what it includes cause I'm not sure. I was told that it has a 5GB limit instead of the advertised ones of 2GB.
    01-20-12 10:19 AM
    Yes

Question for everyone.

Why so much obsession about battery life? Can you not do "so much more" in the same amount of time as compared to the older model Blackberry's?

10 Minutes on a 9000, how much will you achieve?
    10 Minutes on a 9700, how much will you achieve?
    10 Minutes on a 9900, How much will you achieve?

How long would the battery on the 9000 and 9700 last if you actually took the time to do everything you do on your 9900?

I know its a vague question. For me, if I tried to do an equal amount of web surfing, on the 9000, it would take all day and the battery would be dead in about 4 hours if the use was constant. The 9700, I don't know, never had one.

I just never think about battery life because the phone actually does everything I want it to do in a reasonable amount of time. Doesn't the quantity and speed of tasks count for anything? Is it not relative?
    captus, satanberry and bllbored like this.
    01-20-12 10:39 AM
    I've had this OS for a little less than a daySo far, I've noticed a few things.
    1) My signal lock seems to be better. I get 3/4 in places that I've never had before. In addition, at many locations where I would ritually get fewer bars of 3/4G I now get full bars.

2) So far, this OS is actting very much like .190 for me.
    01-20-12 11:45 AM
    Yes

Question for everyone.

Why so much obsession about battery life? Can you not do "so much more" in the same amount of time as compared to the older model Blackberry's?

How long would the battery on the 9000 and 9700 last if you actually took the time to do everything you do on your 9900?

I know its a vague question. For me, if I tried to do an equal amount of web surfing, on the 9000, it would take all day and the battery would be dead in about 4 hours if the use was constant. The 9700, I don't know, never had one.

I just never think about battery life because the phone actually does everything I want it to do in a reasonable amount of time. Doesn't the quantity and speed of tasks count for anything? Is it not relative?
    Fair point.

My issue with battery life is not so much volume of work but the reliability of having the phone powerd when I need it. Some days I don't have the luxury of having my phone plugged in and charging as I am out of the office. It needs to put in a full 9-10 hours off the charger at work and still have enough for evening use. Coming home at 5:30 with
    %20-25 charge left is unacceptable for me as it will not make it until 11:00 when I put it back on the charger.

I haven't tried this OS yet so I can't comment on this particular battery life. With .190 the battery life was a significant issue as I was down to %10 some days after work and that was without using fun stuff like Hotspot or Bridge. This is why I am reluctant to install the latest 7.1 release until I get a better indication of battery longevity. For some of us the reality is that we need to know the phone will last without topping up throughout the day regardless of how productive we are.
    01-20-12 11:55 AM
    GUYS HERE IS THE .163 COD that solves the T-MOBILE ISSUE!!!

File name: net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod File size: 5.63 KB
    gordonzhao likes this.
    01-20-12 12:07 PM
    Fair point.

My issue with battery life is not so much volume of work but the reliability of having the phone powerd when I need it. Some days I don't have the luxury of having my phone plugged in and charging as I am out of the office. It needs to put in a full 9-10 hours off the charger at work and still have enough for evening use. Coming home at 5:30 with
    %20-25 charge left is unacceptable for me as it will not make it until 11:00 when I put it back on the charger.

I haven't tried this OS yet so I can't comment on this particular battery life. With .190 the battery life was a significant issue as I was down to %10 some days after work and that was without using fun stuff like Hotspot or Bridge. This is why I am reluctant to install the latest 7.1 release until I get a better indication of battery longevity. For some of us the reality is that we need to know the phone will last without topping up throughout the day regardless of how productive we are.
    I'm completely in touch with everyone wanting more battery life. I am just thrilled that this phone actually does all the things my 9000 was presented as being able to do. Personally I think the tappered bottom, although it feels nice in the hand, would have been better left out and replaced with a flat bottom and rounded edges like the 9000 to allow more room for a wider battery. Its funny, the 9000 felt like such a big wide slab when it first came out, even for me, and now larger phones are common place. I mean, look at the iPhone, its a big slab and it doesn't even have rounded edges, and it feel terrible in the hand, but that doesn't keep it from soaking up the limelight.

Also:

2 more improvements I noticed with this build.

I use Antair Call Screener so I don't know if it was an issue with the Call Screener or not, but, after checking the call log the "Phone Notifications" would not disappear from the notification area unless the call log was accessed 2 or 3 times. That is fixed.

Also, on all the previous builds, I used WiFi in addition to my 4G for watching YouTube because the 4G alone just had too many drop outs, inspite of having 5 bars 99 percent of the time. Since I installed this build, I have been doing everything, including YouTube, on 4G alone and YouTube is working great.

Side Effect: Because I was using the WiFi so often, yes I'm a YouTube junky, I was in the habit of leaving WiFi on. Now it is always off and my battery life has taken a big upswing.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 01-20-12 at 12:36 PM.
    01-20-12 12:33 PM
    Yes

Question for everyone.

pretty true statement there. i have a 9900 for personal use and a 9000 for work and i'm using the 9900 way more since it does everything. the battery on the 9000 isn't very much better if i try to use it the same amount. the 9700 couldn't browse web pages very well without crashing either.

so since the 9900 does everything really well i end up using it a lot more and get everything done with it. i've said this over and over but since the thing charges so fast it's not that big of a deal. just charge it for 15-30 minutes and you'll have a lot of battery on it. if you can't get to a charger they make things you can charge it will on the move and the 9900 still beats out iphones and androids in battery life if im not mistaken.
    01-20-12 12:38 PM
    loading the OS now! .190 reboots once in a while, I want to see if they goes away...

NS
    GizmoCanada.com
    01-20-12 12:53 PM
    I'm completely in touch with everyone wanting more battery life. I am just thrilled that this phone actually does all the things my 9000 was presented as being able to do. Personally I think the tappered bottom, although it feels nice in the hand, would have been better left out and replaced with a flat bottom and rounded edges like the 9000 to allow more room for a wider battery. Its funny, the 9000 felt like such a big wide slab when it first came out, even for me, and now larger phones are common place. I mean, look at the iPhone, its a big slab and it doesn't even have rounded edges, and it feel terrible in the hand, but that doesn't keep it from soaking up the limelight.
    Yep I agree. This is by far my favorite device and hands down I am the most productive on it because it brings together all the components of what makes Blackberry such an awesome platform. I think you're right, they sacrificed a bit of real estate for look on the 9900, compromised function over form in this case which is why we sometimes battle the battery. I too would have had not problem with a more slab type phone if the battery was more resilient.

I downgraded to .540 because this had the best battery life for me even when doing all the fun stuff on the phone. It's still early days for 7.1 and I'm confident they will get the battery dialed in like they did for most of us on the .5XX builds.
    01-20-12 01:02 PM
    GUYS HERE IS THE .163 COD that solves the T-MOBILE ISSUE!!!

File name: net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod File size: 5.63 KB

Thanks for uploading. I installed this using Rock File and still have the purchase screen. Any suggestions? How do you install the COD?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-20-12 01:19 PM
    Thanks for uploading. I installed this using Rock File and still have the purchase screen. Any suggestions? How do you install the COD?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    hey, download BBHTOOL to read the file system while the phone is on, remove whatever .cod u have there, the phone is gonna crash and reboot, let it come back up, should give yo a java exception error of some sort, then when its back, read the file system again and inject the .cod file that you downloaded, that is gonna make the phone reboot again and you should be done
    01-20-12 02:37 PM
    Yeah, it'd be cool to have a wider battery, but I don't think it would make that much difference. The 9900 has a much more powerful processor than the 9000 and I really like the rubber grip.
    01-20-12 02:49 PM
    So far, Battery life for me is way better than 190. Holding the signal is better as is wifi signal. In all by far the best 7.1 yet, and definately a keeper. Battery for me on 190 was sketchy, but this is streets better, I'd go as far to say as on mine almost twice as good (granted its only been 24 hrs)
    01-20-12 03:13 PM
    Fileserve is down? please anyone who has another mirror. Thx
    01-20-12 05:26 PM
775 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD