I lose about 30 mbs a day in memory leak on 190...is there any memory leak on this new OS for anyone or does it seem stable?
    You not alone, same on my end running also 190 and losing about same amount of mb.
    never happened on previous 7.0 versions though.
    01-19-12 01:05 PM
    It's been 20 hrs since I installed this build and all I can say is that it is snappier and gives me improved 3G connectivity over 7.1.0.190.
    About Battery life - I think it is early to comment on that as it takes three to four days for a new OS to settle. Still Im getting a decent battery life even after moderate to heavy use of BBM, emails and calls.
    All in all, best 7.1 build till date.
    01-19-12 01:14 PM
    You not alone, same on my end running also 190 and losing about same amount of mb.
    never happened on previous 7.0 versions though.
    Don't know about you, but I haven't had any memory leaks, period. Have you used BB Boss 2.2.2 to shrink out what you don't need?
    01-19-12 01:16 PM
    Well 0.190 was pretty useless for me, tried 3 reinstalls and numerous battery pulls over several days and still only had 15-20% battery left when I got home from work (no calls, no net, no gps, no BT - just push email in a building with poor to no reception).

Caveat - One point five days useage.
    0.205 is amazing in this respect - better (for me) than *any* 7.0 or 7.1 (I've tried most).

I've arrived home (2 hours later than usual) after a standard day, same building same use (except I received a couple of short calls for a minute or so each) and I've 77% left.

For me this is the best battery life so far (see usage above..).
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-19-12 01:22 PM
    blackout626 02:33 PM Today -- [Reply] [!!]
    Originally Posted by dew066:
    Everything seems to be working ok on this build, BUT BB Maps.

When I start BB Maps it finds GPS no problem and shows my location on the map, BUT it does not show the streets or roads. For some reason the map is blank in detail.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My BB Maps shows the street names just fine. I don't see any option to disable/enable the street names or for level of map

UPDATE:
    I deleted my map cache, reset download count, turned off address recognition, and restarted phone. I then opened BB Maps and they worked. I then turned address recognition back on.

I would say the issue happened from restoring the phone data after the update to this O/S. Everything is now good to go.

01-19-12 01:26 PM
    12 hours since install 1.25% average battery drain! seems like this is the one guys! Was getting 4.5% with 190

01-19-12 01:42 PM
    I understand everyone's concern regarding battery life, but just a suggestion, get a car charger and an extra cable to connect to your laptop or desktop.

Battery life becomes a non-issue if you have options to connect everywhere you are.

Just charging during your daily commute will save you the aggravation of that red symbol on your screen...
    MikeFromCanada likes this.
    01-19-12 01:45 PM
    12 hours since install 1.25% average battery drain! seems like this is the one guys! Was getting 4.5% with 190

With what sort of useage ???
    01-19-12 01:48 PM
    Exactly, it's not really fair to ask how the battery since everyone uses their phone differently. Just try it out and see how it works for you; you'll get a faster "customized" answer.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-19-12 02:02 PM
    TMO USA, hotspot didn't work right away from this leak. It didn't even ask for the APN info so I knew right away it's not going to work. Swapped with the old net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod from .74 and that did the trick. That lil cod is more precious than my apps backup lol. Well until I get screwed over by t-mobile and get a nice fat bill.
    Can anyone verify that this works on at&t? I tried the .cod from both copies(.74 & .163) and neither of them would work... I get "Activation Required: mobile hotspot is not setup for this acct, pls call...." Anyone know a workaround or is it just blocked from at&t?
    01-19-12 02:07 PM
    Don't know about you, but I haven't had any memory leaks, period. Have you used BB Boss 2.2.2 to shrink out what you don't need?
    Yes i did, but I'm not panic about , as long as its in good working condition though and also i got about 25+ apps so I'm sure this is one of the reason for memory leak.
    01-19-12 02:15 PM
    Everytime i dl it, norton keeps auto deleting it
    01-19-12 02:16 PM
    Everytime i dl it, norton keeps auto deleting it
    I'm not a computer geek, but I'd shut down (disable) temporary Norton and go ahead DL it
    01-19-12 02:21 PM
    This build is looking very promising for me. I had 7.1.190 installed since the day it was leaked, and was about ready to wipe my device and put 7.0.598 on it. I was experiencing so many performance issues with 190 that it was driving me nuts and I couldn't justify the poor experience just to have the hotspot feature that I might use only a few times a year. Most of those issues seem to be resolved with this build, so I'm happy so far.
    01-19-12 02:35 PM
    This is my first version of 7.1 and the only thing I see missing is the option to change the network connection. Is the option to turn off "4G" no longer around or am I missing it and it's a different place?

I liked to use when I was someplace where the 4G was not good and also other times when I wanted to improve my battery life because I knew I was going to be away from any way to charge if needed.
    01-19-12 02:38 PM
    Light usage admitedly (some tweeting, some bbming, some email, no calls yet) but no different to .190... But so soon after install too... Who knows what it will turn out like but for now it is looking good

01-19-12 02:47 PM
    Hi guys. Installed the OS to my windows 7 laptop, then installed BBSAK. My plan was to do a wipe then a clean install (originally had a 7.0.x.x from my carrier). But for some reason, BBSAK did not detect the install on the laptop. So decided to use Desktop Manager instead. Installed without issue, but my questions are:
    1) Is there any real difference doing a full wipe and then install vs using Desktop Manager? Or is the concept of "clean" just in my head? Is anything left behind if you don't install from a clean slate?
    2) Any ideas why BBSAK didn't detect the local install?
    3) Finally, I usually use googlesync to sync my contactd. Didn't need to this time as app loader restored my data. But anyone know if there's a risk I totally trash my gmail contacts if I try to sync in future (like have the I'd's changed behind the scenes?)?

In terms of observations with this build, all ok apart from the browser which for me is a bit sticky to scroll.
    01-19-12 02:56 PM
    Hi guys. Installed the OS to my windows 7 laptop, then installed BBSAK. My plan was to do a wipe then a clean install (originally had a 7.0.x.x from my carrier). But for some reason, BBSAK did not detect the install on the laptop. So decided to use Desktop Manager instead. Installed without issue, but my questions are:
    1) Is there any real difference doing a full wipe and then install vs using Desktop Manager? Or is the concept of "clean" just in my head? Is anything left behind if you don't install from a clean slate?
    2) Any ideas why BBSAK didn't detect the local install?
    3) Finally, I usually use googlesync to sync my contactd. Didn't need to this time as app loader restored my data. But anyone know if there's a risk I totally trash my gmail contacts if I try to sync in future (like have the I'd's changed behind the scenes?)?

In terms of observations with this build, all ok apart from the browser which for me is a bit sticky to scroll.
    To answer your first question, there is no difference. The AppLoader/DM process wipes the phone entirely before installing the new OS.

As for your contacts, why don't you just make a backup of your phone using DM and then restore it afterwards? Rather than having to worry about using Google sync to do it.
    01-19-12 03:02 PM
    To answer your first question, there is no difference. The AppLoader/DM process wipes the phone entirely before installing the new OS.

As for your contacts, why don't you just make a backup of your phone using DM and then restore it afterwards? Rather than having to worry about using Google sync to do it.
    Like to use google sync to sync to the gmail cloud so all of my contacts "clients" (BB, thunderbird mail client, gmail web mail client, etc) are working off latest, single source of the truth.
    01-19-12 03:06 PM
    is there NFC support on this build? I have 7.1.0.74 now and it doesnt have NFC support on it.
    01-19-12 03:25 PM
    Ok, Ok, Ok,,!!!!!

This is the last OS for a long time.
    01-19-12 03:43 PM

"Google Sync", "The App", isn't required. Its all in the email settings on your device.

Just FYI for anyone wondering.
    01-19-12 03:46 PM
    Time Magazine mobile app doesn't work with OS 7.1
    01-19-12 03:54 PM
    Am I the only one who's only able to receive but not send e-mail?
    Found two rogue servicebooks, deleted them. I guess it was old e-mail addresses that were SUPPOSED to be removed when I removed them from the device. Oh well...
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 01-19-12 at 04:02 PM. Reason: scratch that, fixed itself
    01-19-12 03:55 PM
    I just loaded .205 about 2 hours ago - the install was flawless and the device is working fine EXCEPT unlike most everyone else, this is the first time I've done an install (on OS4, OS5, OS6, OS7, and OS7.1) where immediately afterwards i am seeing MASSIVE battery discharging - like 27% per hour with extremely light usage.

I know very very well that the first few days should be ignored but this is a worrying drain rate given I've never seen its like. I've rebooted the device about 5 times to try and speed up the settling in of the new version, and I'm hopeful (it currently is now showing a drain rate of just under 9%.

But even though this worries me, I'll echo what everyone should already know - forget the "battery mileage" you get right after installation - it's (hopefully!!!!) meaningless.

In the mean time, I sit here typing with fingers crossed on both hands, and I will report back in a few days.

One other note, I'm on TMO USA and just like every previous leak of 7.1, I continue to get redirected to a TMO web page telling me I need to purchase a mobile hotspot plan (even though I have unlimited data with free tethering as part of an old, grandfather'd data plan).

I'm hoping the price of the recently linked "secret" bundled data plan that allegedly will be available mid next week is equivalent to what I'm already paying as I have been waiting for over a year for the promised mobile hotspot functionality.
    Guyluvsgals likes this.
    01-19-12 03:56 PM
775 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD