stayed up last night till 2am updating my Playbook and my 9900......Telus user and everything is working without any problems.

tried most of my apps and everything seems to be good to go......I found the GPS was able to find me faster!
    01-19-12 09:18 AM
    gps is not working for me. is it working for you guys?
    GPS is fine with me locks on really fast no issues so far all seems to be working fine.
    01-19-12 09:24 AM
    I seem to have an issue with this build and it affected the last 7.1 build as well, enough to want to downgrade back to 7.0 and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and is there a fix.
    Wallpaper will not center properly, it seems to zoom somewhat and off center them (it may seem trivial to some as the phone works great otherwise but it drives me nuts enough to downgrade) Hoping someone has some advice so I don't have to
    Last edited by AlphaCanus; 01-19-12 at 11:28 AM.
    01-19-12 09:35 AM
    Works fine with default .cod file? are you paying for the service?
    I am not paying anything for it no. I just installed the .250 OS as it is, is there something i should have changed to have NFC enabled?
    01-19-12 09:35 AM
    I know that it's still very early days with this leak, but has anyone seen anything so far to make it worthwhile updating from the .190 build ???

I just get the feeling that new 7.1 OS leaks may be coming thick and fast over the next few weeks and every update is a heart in mouth experience !!!
    01-19-12 09:53 AM
    do you have a program called blink installed? apperently it would give the same symptoms your experiencing now
    Don't have that one... Might have a similar one though... what does it do?
    01-19-12 10:45 AM
    There is a thread called "Charging error on .540 and .503" ... Look it up. If you have an app called Blink, uninstall it. It is the origin of the problem.
    I do not have it, but might have one that has a similar function, which could be the root of the problem. What is blink used for?
    01-19-12 10:46 AM
    Could someone please post the md5 checksum of the fileserve version? The .exe I downloaded from another source (as fileserve is slooow...) raises some concerns with my virusscanner, so I just want to check if there is something fishy going on here...
    01-19-12 10:50 AM
    I am not paying anything for it no. I just installed the .250 OS as it is, is there something i should have changed to have NFC enabled?
    I dont know how to enable NFC in tmobile devices, i think they have to enable it on their side
    01-19-12 10:55 AM
    My first real contribution on crackberry.com, for what it worths. So first point, like most of users of the 9900, I'm really concerned about my battery life. That's one of the main reason I didn't upgrade at one of the previous 7.1.XXX OS, I was sure those news features would drain the battery really fast. Obviously, I can't already tell you how amazingis the battery's lasting (I upgraded exactly 12 hours ago), but after a full charge plus an half hour (not the recommended overnight charging) and 8 hours on Idle-sleeping, I can tell the battery life is pretty close of what I got on my first day on .503. I attached a couple of screenshots, but I don't have my yesterday's consumption which is essentially a 10-15 minutes on youtube, appworld, VDM ( My Life in french) and around 2 hours of music playback. Oh, the cellphone was at 48% when I went to the bed, with wifi and bluetooth on and after my night (check the idle-time on the application' management screenshot), it was at 40 %. 12 hours after the upgrade, I put down the device for a real "charging". The mobile hotspot, now. I'm with rogers and I read some posts of users talking about their difficulties to get it working. For me, it was really simple. I just turned on the wifi and the hotspot function and it asked me to settle a passphrase. It was fast and easy and I immediately tethered my playbook. The browser is so fast !!! In the same time, my girlfriend connected her torch 9800 at my phone and it worked like it should. I didn't notice any improvements or differences in the UI comparing to the previous 7.0 builds I used, excepted a ridiculous detail : the touchscreen is not working on the wholescreen in bedside mode. I had to tap the bottom on the screen to get a response but the middle and the top were unresponsives. So, in my opinion from now, this OS worth the download. I'll be back during this week-end to give you my final opinion on the battery life / OS, etc.

P.S : the first picture is to show the radio is still on with 1% of charge... By the way, the last 15% past so fast... I guess it's cause the first charge...
    xtremesniper likes this.
    01-19-12 11:21 AM
    I dont know if it's just me but the battery life seems to be much better than .190.

This appears to be best version of 7.1 that there is. All my apps work with zero problems.
    01-19-12 11:25 AM
    Can we start asking about early battery life impressions? And how is the coverage?
    01-19-12 11:38 AM
    Can we start asking about early battery life impressions? And how is the coverage?
    Wifi calling better than .190, more stable also
    EDGE/3G conectivity is better and really stable too.
    over all more stable build than .190.
    01-19-12 11:44 AM
    My battery drain rate is 1.89% vs what it used to be around 4.xx%
    01-19-12 11:44 AM
    My battery drain rate is 1.89% vs what it used to be around 4.xx%
    do you use BB for regular work (email reply, SMS, calls, PIM, etc..) or just keep it holster and use occasionally ?
    01-19-12 11:55 AM
    So far everything works fine. Only issue so far is the obvious: horrible battery life. Spent more time charging than actually using. But that's par for the course with all the smartphones.
    01-19-12 12:21 PM
    My battery life has been bad for past several leaks. Dropping down to 2G helps a lot, so that's what I do. Don't like having a 4G phone running at 2G but worse is half day of battery life. Is there an app that makes it quick and easy to flip from 2G to 4G and back?
    01-19-12 12:26 PM
    So far everything works fine. Only issue so far is the obvious: horrible battery life. Spent more time charging than actually using. But that's par for the course with all the smartphones.
    Horrible battery life with this build or in general ??

What OS were you previously running ??
    01-19-12 12:28 PM
    Wifi calling better than .190, more stable also
    EDGE/3G conectivity is better and really stable too.
    over all more stable build than .190.
    And the battery ???
    01-19-12 12:31 PM
    Everything seems to be working ok on this build, BUT BB Maps.

When I start BB Maps it finds GPS no problem and shows my location on the map, BUT it does not show the streets or roads. For some reason the map is blank in detail.

Anyone have any ideas on that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My BB Maps shows the street names just fine. I don't see any option to disable/enable the street names or for level of map details though.
    01-19-12 12:33 PM
    I lose about 30 mbs a day in memory leak on 190...is there any memory leak on this new OS for anyone or does it seem stable?
    01-19-12 12:33 PM
    I installed this last night(around 11). I topped the battery off around 12... I fell asleep on the phone, and it did cause a bit of drainage(20% per hour) until the called ended around 3. after that it went idle till 10am(the time I awoke). At this point the battery is at 55-60%. It is now 1:36pm and I 35% left. And, the drainage calmed down(5%). I think this is the best my battery has ran on any OS.

- I used the Blackberry Device Analyzer to track this.
    01-19-12 12:39 PM
    the battery has been pretty lousy for me, drain rate has been around 8.93% per hour...will wait for a day more for OS to settle down and then will attempt a re-install
    01-19-12 12:44 PM
    I don't understand why people are asking about battery life. The OS hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. People can't be THAT stupid...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    One of the reasons they ask about is to gain the numbers of posts.
    At least its better then posts with Downloading Now
    Last edited by joju58; 01-19-12 at 12:49 PM.
    01-19-12 12:47 PM
    I am struggling to download with Fileserver and FileFactory
    Any mirror??
    01-19-12 12:48 PM
775 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD