In response to a few people saying they have issues with Blackberry Protect,

I have just installed this OS after wiping using BBSAK, and it works perfectly. Just completed a backup OTA using Protect.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    It was a coincidence that this leaked came out about the same time RIM is updating their BB Protect system. It was out for ALL Blackberries at least in North America today for about few hours because of this system maintenance as far as I know.
    01-18-12 08:08 PM
    I don't understand why people are asking about battery life. The OS hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. People can't be THAT stupid...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    battery life is subjective incase anyone dont know. usage pattern varies. expectations varies. apps used varies. so if you want to know hows the battery life, just try it yourself. I can go on and post things like the bold 9900 battery lasted me an entire week. where in fact the usage pattern is turning all radio off and standby mode the entire time. what's the point? try it and see if its ok for yourself.
    AxKxB likes this.
    01-18-12 08:10 PM
    I don't understand why people are asking about battery life. The OS hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. People can't be THAT stupid...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You haven't meet 'these' people though!
    Okay, after further discovery, yes, the browser is a bit slower. Not much of a difference than on 7.1.0.190. The OS is still as smooth in general, no sim toolkit ghosting, which is a mega improvement, same for 7.1.0.190, no toolkit ghosting. I am impressed. Battery life, still too early to tell. As far for me, I am used to swapping batteries and charging them on an external charger, not in my device. So battery life for me is quite excellent. I'll wait a week before a final evaluation of it is complete.

PS. I did shrink the bloat out and slimmed it down, leaving 200MB free. Thanks to BB Boss 2.2.2.
    What is "sim toolkit ghosting"? This is the first time I heard about it and can someone direct me to a thread that talk about this or explain what it is please?
    Just updated the wifey's phone without any issues. I haven't discovered anything new. BTW, battery life is excellent, still at 100%
    01-18-12 08:15 PM
    battery life is subjective incase anyone dont know. usage pattern varies. expectations varies. apps used varies. so if you want to know hows the battery life, just try it yourself. I can go on and post things like the bold 9900 battery lasted me an entire week. where in fact the usage pattern is turning all radio off and standby mode the entire time. what's the point? try it and see if its ok for yourself.
    I wwasn't asking about battery life...
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    01-18-12 08:18 PM
    I'm pretty sure he did that as a joke to make fun of the all people who keep asking "how's battery life" and yes I know that your joking as well (at least I think so)
    Haha yep, gotta have some fun around here. God knows we've got enough negativity on the forums already!
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    01-18-12 08:30 PM
    Hoping that this is better than 190. Saw a distinct turn for the worse on battery when I went to it. First time ever that I've seen an OS rev distinctly impact battery.
    01-18-12 09:04 PM
    My device is currently draining at 4.51% per hour (out and about on 3G). That's pretty standard if not slightly better than .190 at this stage.

Mind you, I've been running the new firmware for all of two hours - so it's really too early to tell.
    01-18-12 09:12 PM
    so anybody spotted any new features yet?
    01-18-12 09:20 PM
    hi, for those who preferred to download from torrents, link below..

Blackberry Bold 9900 OS 7.1.0.205 (19 January 12) - Demonoid

thank you roy and crackberry!!
    msn0005 and captus like this.
    01-18-12 09:27 PM
    coz there are so many guys waiting for battery life to know whether this build has better coz they dont want to try it and wait for the comments and then install it
    01-18-12 09:39 PM
    TMO USA, hotspot didn't work right away from this leak. It didn't even ask for the APN info so I knew right away it's not going to work. Swapped with the old net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod from .74 and that did the trick. That lil cod is more precious than my apps backup lol. Well until I get screwed over by t-mobile and get a nice fat bill.
    01-18-12 10:17 PM
    TMO USA, hotspot didn't work right away from this leak. It didn't even ask for the APN info so I knew right away it's not going to work. Swapped with the old net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod from .74 and that did the trick. That lil cod is more precious than my apps backup lol. Well until I get screwed over by t-mobile and get a nice fat bill.
    use the one from OS 7.1.0.163 that one works better
    01-18-12 10:49 PM
    just installed the new OS. used bb_boss and shrunk it down to about 90MB

thanks for the post.
    01-18-12 10:59 PM
    could you pm me the cod?
    01-18-12 11:00 PM
    7.1.0.163 was never released/ leaked for the 9900.. are you referring to the one from a 9930 leak?

And if you don't mind, can you PM me that COD as well?
    01-18-12 11:02 PM
    just installed the new OS. used bb_boss and shrunk it down to about 90MB

thanks for the post.
    62mb-here-you-troll
    01-18-12 11:04 PM
    pm to me tooo, or just upload and share link plz
    01-18-12 11:06 PM
    The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is getting yet again another OS 7.1 build. OS 7.1.0.205 has made its way out, which is the same build we�re told is being tested by most carriers for official release. No word on what is new in this build, so do let us know what you might find.

Download Bold 9900 OS 7.1.0.205 from:

FileServe

Source: Leaked: BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS 7.1.0.205 | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    Rroy_you_web-monsta!
    01-18-12 11:07 PM
    What's the best way to replace the mobile hotspot file for T-Mobile?

I've done it through AppLoader, and the phone shows the 7.1.0.74 wlan mobile hotspot file, but it would still show the tmobile error (this was on .190! NOT ON .205 - havent tested it on .205 yet)

EDIT: OK so I deleted the wlan file from the folder, then ran apploader, rebooted the phone, then copied the .163 wlan file to the folder, ran apploader, rebooted, and now it's working again (T-Mobile USA). Thanks to everyone who had a part to play in all of this!
    Last edited by fiddysheqel; 01-18-12 at 11:59 PM.
    01-18-12 11:14 PM
    Hi, does the menu still have short words?
    01-18-12 11:14 PM
    Hi, does the menu still have short words?
    No, it's normal again.
    manish1c likes this.
    01-18-12 11:20 PM
    62mb-here-you-troll
    200MB free for me! (Forgot how much I shrunk it... Checking... Apps say 64MB, not bad)
    01-18-12 11:23 PM
    Just as my 2nd install of 190 begins to settle, this comes out.

Oh well.

Here we go again.
    You dont need to update to every OS, especially to this one from .190
    It is a very small leap forward
    01-18-12 11:24 PM
775 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD