I have 9900 and i installed the first leaked 7.1 OS and that time i had my mobile hotspot at connections menu and after two weeks its suddenly disappeared and than downgraded to 7.0.

Right now i upgraded again to 7.1.205 and still there is no mobile hotspot

Could you please help?
    It is blocked by your Carrier aka Service Provider. No one can help you because it is done by I think using Service Books. I have wifi hotspot with no issues at all on Telus (7.1.0.74) because Telus have free wifi hotspot for all customers with over $50 data plans. Officially Telus do not have OS 7.1 with wifi hotspot, but since Telus already include it with their service book push, the leak provide the option.

You should call your service provider and ask if they can activate it for you.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 01-18-12 at 04:34 PM.
    01-18-12 04:31 PM
    BlackBerry Protect doesn't seem to respond.
    Anyone else having the same issue?
    Yeah BB Protect won't connect to the service for me neither which is odd...

Also, this build date is January 5, 2012.

Attachment 100859
    01-18-12 04:32 PM
    Same here.
    01-18-12 04:37 PM
    It is blocked by your Carrier aka Service Provider. No one can help you because it is done by I think using Service Books. I have wifi hotspot with no issues at all on Telus (7.1.0.74) because Telus have free wifi hotspot for all customers with over $50 data plans. Officially Telus do not have OS 7.1 with wifi hotspot, but since Telus already include it with their service book push, the leak provide the option.

You should call your service provider and ask if they can activate it for you.
    what happens if i delete all my service books ??
    01-18-12 04:40 PM
    I've installed this OS and all seems to be up and running fine at the moment apart from BB Protect. The only other noticeable thing was a new version of App World v3.1.0.60 ( for me anyway) appeared as an update. The previous version I had was 3.1.0.56.
    01-18-12 04:41 PM
    Is there East Asian language INPUT?
    There IS chinese input
    01-18-12 04:41 PM
    This is awesome!
    01-18-12 04:46 PM
    downloaded, installed, removed the darstadly vendor file (only one this time )
    gonna restart this laptop and then load this badboy up
    +1 to rroy for posting this and props to ahm911 for the mirror
    What does removing the vendor file do??
    01-18-12 04:54 PM
    If you are shrinking the OS with BBH-Tools, DO NOT shrink OUT Plans. Doing so will NOT make Blackberry Protect work as a required file (forgot to write it down which file) will not be installed.

You can just unselect the Plans Application option during installation.

- Charles
    r_hafeed likes this.
    01-18-12 04:56 PM
    How's the browser on this build? In 7.1.0.190 it would randomly close while browsing.
    01-18-12 04:58 PM
    Yeah, but I can't connect to the service using my PC too, so maybe there's a maintenance session or some general problem with Protect.
    Pearldude likes this.
    01-18-12 05:02 PM
    I did an update without shrinking anything and I have no issues with Blackberry Protect or anything else. Everything appears to work fine like .190 for now.
    01-18-12 05:07 PM
    what happens if i delete all my service books ??
    It needs a service book to work, not other way around. So, even if you delete them all, it won't work. Wifi hotspot uses TCP/IP system of your service provider to access BIS which they can control from their end. Some people have force install service books from others to get the wifi hotspot and end up with no hotspot at all.

Also, if you delete your service books or you install a service book that is not supported by your carrier, it will get deleted or restored every time you reboot the phone.

And, if you use wifi hotspot they can detect that and charge you additional fees per MB of usage, etc depend on their policy on wifi hotspot on your package/plan. Some people have wifi hotspot but every time they use it they get charged for the usage. I guess I am lucky that Telus provide this under my plan for free. Wifi hotspot fall under tethering category for most companies.

Call them and ask for help and they might give you a good deal on tethering/hotspot package if you really need this feature.

EDIT: I found this wifi hotspot is useless most of the time for me because I am in wifi zones most of the time at home, school or at work. I just like to have it on my phone for emergencies, but I never came across one yet. Even camp sites have wifi these days.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 01-18-12 at 05:11 PM.
    The_Kills likes this.
    01-18-12 05:08 PM
    Just as my 2nd install of 190 begins to settle, this comes out.

Oh well.

Here we go again.
    quattrojames likes this.
    01-18-12 05:09 PM
    Yeah, but I can't connect to the service using my PC too, so maybe there's a maintenance session or some general problem with Protect.
    I think you may be right! I tried to login to the protect site and got this message:

"Site Map: Maintenance
    Our website is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance to upgrade our systems in order to better serve you.
    We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience"

I'll give the new OS time to settle and retry BB Protect later
    these OS files just keep getting bigger and bigger
    Doing a "Pre-Install Shrink" caused some problems for myself and others with 7.1.0.190. But you can do a shrink after the OS has been loaded via BBH-Tools using "Shrink My OS Live!".
    What does removing the vendor file do??
    When it's a leak like this it does nothing. When it's an official from another provider it wouldn't show up to be installed if it's not your provider until you deleted it.
    01-18-12 05:10 PM
    Just as my 2nd install of 190 begins to settle, this comes out.

Oh well.

Here we go again.
    I was just thinking today how incredibly well my phone is running with 7.1.0.190 and that I should just skip a few OS releases,,...
    r_hafeed likes this.
    01-18-12 05:13 PM
    Quick question: If you didn't strip down the OS before installing, would going into the DM and deleting components via the Applications panel (like the languages) after the fact free up the space in the same way?
    Yes, it would...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    xtremesniper likes this.
    01-18-12 05:18 PM
    There IS chinese input
    This is fabulous!
    I will be able to send Chinese greetings around the Spring Festival.
    Thanks.
    r_hafeed likes this.
    01-18-12 05:23 PM
    How's the browser on this build? In 7.1.0.190 it would randomly close while browsing.
    That's not the OS, that's an install, personal info reload, or app problem.

I have stopped using BBDM to restore information to the phone. It seems a lot of problems people have usually coincide with using DM to reload personal info and settings.

Gmail can sync with your Calendar and Contacts.

AppWorld on your PC can reload apps super quick.

Password Keeper can be used to store all your App Keys.

Blackberry Protect also can be used to backup lots of data everyday and then used to restore that data after an OS install. BP can also restore Password Keeper so all your App Keys are easy to find when you re-register your apps.

I always start with a wipe and factory reset using BBSAK too.

Doing things that way has worked extremely well for me and I have not had 99.9999999% of the problems I see people complaining about when a new OS comes out.

Just a recommendation.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 01-18-12 at 05:30 PM.
    r_hafeed likes this.
    01-18-12 05:27 PM
    waaw, i think this is the best 7.1 leak build ever made for the 9900, finally! meanwhile, what's the BBM & appworld version on this build? is it BBM 6.1 & appworld 3.0.1.60?
    01-18-12 05:30 PM
    well i should be studying for midterms, but hours upon hours doesn't work for very long.

why must this come out when my .190 is finally running fine? oh well, lets do this- again.
    01-18-12 05:33 PM
    Anyone throw this on an ATT berry? Is the data speed option back?
    01-18-12 05:44 PM
    Updated my 9900.

All applications including BB Protect are working fine. Will continue to test other functions and report on battery drain in a few hours time All seems to be good, and similar to 7.1.0.190.
    01-18-12 05:54 PM
775 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD