Did u use dm or apploader ? What a big error lol... Mine failed first time just try re installing

I've used apploader and dm with no success. I've downgraded to 7.0 and am a little disappointed.
    Last go around I got blackberry error 200
    Thanks for the reply
    01-10-12 09:31 AM
    I've used apploader and dm with no success. I've downgraded to 7.0 and am a little disappointed.

Last go around I got blackberry error 200

Thanks for the reply

Hmm maybe try installing from a different computer
    01-10-12 09:43 AM
    Will do.
    Thanks again
    01-10-12 09:53 AM
    I upgraded yesterday and I have tried mobile hotspot and its working fine
    My main observation is the battery life is much better than 585. I dont use many apps as i can do most things with the supplied software, but maybe some of peoples problems are due to apps that are not compatable. Ive not had a problem with call quality. Im with o2 so maybe that has something to do with it.
    01-10-12 11:02 AM
    I upgraded yesterday and I have tried mobile hotspot and its working fine

My main observation is the battery life is much better than 585. I dont use many apps as i can do most things with the supplied software, but maybe some of peoples problems are due to apps that are not compatable. Ive not had a problem with call quality. Im with o2 so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Yeh 585 was really poor... O2 is a solid network...I'm glad I chose them
    01-10-12 11:38 AM
    any changes to the keyboard formats ?
    thanks
    01-10-12 01:32 PM
    any changes to the keyboard formats ?
    thanks
    Nope. Well, except the ".com" button when you're typing in your Browser/FB/Twitter/etc replacing the period "." but other than that, no more changes made.
    01-10-12 04:01 PM
    Wud of been good to have a new click sound for keyboard
    01-10-12 04:07 PM
    This maybe a sily question, but does the wifi hotspot make use of the data compression through bis?
    01-10-12 05:02 PM
    This maybe a sily question, but does the wifi hotspot make use of the data compression through bis?
    I would assume so, since all the data is "flowing" through the BB. I'd imagine that whatever setting you have for the data while using data directly through the device would be carried over to when you're using data through a third party device connected to the mobile hot spot.
    01-10-12 05:23 PM
    Gave me a 507 error the first time I installed it. Used BBSAK to wipe the device then Loader to re-load the OS. BBSAK can't detect the 7.1 OS installed on my Windows 7.

Didn't have any memory leaks, but the battery stopped charging at around 80% and showed it's already full battery. Well, that was prior to my first pull batt. Will monitor in the coming days.

Battery life seems more stable compared to .585.
    I got the 507 error half-way through installation with apploader but solved it by leaving everything connected, apploader still running "waiting for device initialisation" and done a battery pull letting the device reboot - rebooted and continued with install no hassles

Too early for me to judge battery life although early reports look promising compared to 585, browser fast and smooth, transitions smooth, definitely no FM radio for me unlike other 7.1 leaks / officials for other berry's - might be a COD that could be injected from another leak for the radio by someone on here cleverer than me??

Just overjoyed at the 9860 getting some much needed love

EDIT: WIFI hotspot working for me too!
    01-10-12 06:46 PM
    Installed it without a problem. Everything seems to be working fine, including the mobile hotspot. Battery using seems to be good. 4% in about an hour, on and off use (BBM and browsing).

Pretty happy so far. I also haven't had back button/menu button issues (knock on wood). However this issue has disappeared for a day and then come back, so we will see. I hope that it was a software issue that they fixed. I really do.
    01-10-12 08:44 PM
    I jav just a few questions:
    How is the battery life compared to .585?
    Would I be able to use the hotspot feature with AT&T's old unlimited data?
    If UMA support does come to this device, would I be able to use it on AT&T?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 09:21 PM
    My battery life is horrendous, little use and at 20% after five or six hours. Also the update to Blackberry Travel wont run
    01-10-12 10:01 PM
    update guys. after loading this leak one on the day it came out.

observations are:
    battery is doing ok. 1hr full of browsing. 2 long BBM chats. 6 refreshes of social feeds 3 facebook and t4bb and its down to 95%.

I finally got Mobile Hotspot to work! but for some reason I can't get it to work on an iOS device.

When I'm using mobile hotspot there is a difference on battery life for the worse.
    01-11-12 03:12 AM
    "let it settle in" is bogus...this something some one created and it has spread...all that is occurring is you have done several battery pulls over the course of a few days...so it "appears" that things are changing due to "settling in" when in fact, you've done the battery pulls that you didn't do after upgrading...

I have never noticed any "settle in period". i just do 3-5 consecutive battery pulls after installing it....
    Completely disagreee with you there, i've been doing leaks/hybrids for over 2 years with my original storm and now on this one and i know what i see

Anyway, my point...

Day 1 the device analyser was recording a 6 - 10% drop per hour
    Day 2 this has settled at about 2 - 5% depending on use

Has now been off the charger 26 hours and im still at 30% Massive improvement over 7.0, i'd have got about 20 hours tops on that!

Going to run it into red and hope it doesnt brick!
    01-11-12 03:59 AM
    Still having button problems it seems
    01-11-12 06:32 AM
    Well, i went for 31 hours on 1 charge however..... it also bricked!

It went all the way to the battery too low, shutting down message

So i plugged in the charger but noticed it would not accept charge, and eventually ran itself dry!!

However the battery out, usb:unknown, battery in method allowed apploader to snag it out of this and reinstall, its now sitting charging waiting for me to break it again

So to confirm everyone..... 7.1 does not fix red light bricking so keep them charged, if you cant charge them remove battery until you can!!
    Last edited by Stubbo; 01-11-12 at 09:59 AM.
    01-11-12 09:47 AM
    Well, i went for 31 hours on 1 charge however..... it also bricked!

It went all the way to the battery too low, shutting down message

So i plugged in the charger but noticed it would not accept charge, and eventually ran itself dry!!

However the battery out, usb:unknown, battery in method allowed apploader to snag it out of this and reinstall, its now sitting charging waiting for me to break it again

So to confirm everyone..... 7.1 does not fix red light bricking so keep them charged, if you cant charge them remove battery until you can!!
    Does this happen to all BB's? Or just the ones that had the problem before?
    01-11-12 11:22 AM
    Seems to be intermittent on OS7 devices

Its never happened to me before, but i've never let it run into red until today! No guarantee it'd happen to you either!

Just stay safe and keep it above red until rim issue an official fix/statement
    01-11-12 12:52 PM
    For all you guys complaining about BBSAK not working, try again. I'm running windows 7 home premium x64 and the 9860 plugged into a usb 2 powerport (not that it makes any difference, apart from charging faster). BBSAK has been working in all versions including 7.1. It reads it as a 9550, but sure, it works fine. Make sure you're running the newest BBSAK 1.9.11, and try running in admin mode if you aren't an admin.
    MHC1
    01-11-12 02:12 PM
    Seems to be intermittent on OS7 devices

Its never happened to me before, but i've never let it run into red until today! No guarantee it'd happen to you either!

Just stay safe and keep it above red until rim issue an official fix/statement
    I've fully drained my battery several times, and never had a problem. Knock on wood.

Edit: Just finished draining my battery. No problems, thankfully.
    Last edited by RaspberryJ; 01-11-12 at 05:28 PM.
    01-11-12 02:38 PM
    to me this 7.1 is nothing but just newest os, i think it's worst
    media player sound is too low,
    batt is the same..still drain
    application memory still worst....
    swiping in message mode is only working for bbm...

c'on RIM,are you sleeping or what ????
    It works in Email message application.

Go into messages:

Menu>Options>Message Display and Actions> Check "Swipe Between Messages"

Save.
    TheNootropic likes this.
    01-11-12 07:02 PM
    Also BlackBerry Device Manager interferes with BBSAK. If you were using BB Desktop Software prior to using BBSAK, make sure to unplug BB device and exit BDM. Then reconnect USB to BB device and BBSAK should connect to device.

For all you guys complaining about BBSAK not working, try again. I'm running windows 7 home premium x64 and the 9860 plugged into a usb 2 powerport (not that it makes any difference, apart from charging faster). BBSAK has been working in all versions including 7.1. It reads it as a 9550, but sure, it works fine. Make sure you're running the newest BBSAK 1.9.11, and try running in admin mode if you aren't an admin.
    MHC1
    01-11-12 09:57 PM
    Anyone else getting the backwards key freezes again... ??
    01-12-12 11:32 AM
157 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD