Nope, runs fine on my 9860. Did you do a wipe clean with BBSAK prior to install with BB Desktop Manager?

Anyone else getting the backwards key freezes again... ??
    01-12-12 01:49 PM
    Nope, runs fine on my 9860. Did you do a wipe clean with BBSAK prior to install with BB Desktop Manager?

Nope didn't wipe...just done a standard install using bdm
    01-12-12 02:02 PM
    I was getting it in 7.0.545 and now I'm still getting it.

Has anyone actually found a solution to this? I've reinstalled my OS in the past (through DM). I haven't used BBSAK to wipe, would that actually make a difference?
    01-12-12 10:16 PM
    I was getting it in 7.0.545 and now I'm still getting it.

Has anyone actually found a solution to this? I've reinstalled my OS in the past (through DM). I haven't used BBSAK to wipe, would that actually make a difference?

Apparently it does...my freezing had died down abit... But comes randomly for a good 5 mins... Battery pull fixes it
    01-12-12 10:38 PM
    Apparently it does...my freezing had died down abit... But comes randomly for a good 5 mins... Battery pull fixes it
    For me I press and hold call and menu, that usually makes it responsive again.
    01-13-12 06:45 AM
    I used the same method, dont have that issue, granted I didnt have it ever before on the 9860. *shrug*
    01-13-12 06:47 AM
    For me I press and hold call and menu, that usually makes it responsive again.

Will try that
    01-13-12 09:41 AM
    So I downloaded the leaked OS and followed these steps:

1. backed up my BB using desktop manager
    2. wiped my BB
    3. installed the new leak OS 7.1 & restarted my computer
    4. removed the vendor.xml
    5. ran the AppLoader
    6. install the new OS and did not allow it to backup my BB
    7. once my BB started with the new OS I wiped it
    8. restored some of my backed up data to my device
    9. did a re-activation with BES
    10. connected my BIS account to my device
    11. checked AppWorld for updates

I did this around 10am this morning EST and I haven't notice any problems with my battery holding its charge. I am using a Bell 9860 unlocked device; I am on the Virgin Mobile Canada network; VMC doesn't sell the 9860/9850

I am not sure how others are installing their OS's but I find when take this route that I run into less problems with my battery or other things.

A.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    01-13-12 01:54 PM
    It's almost 24 hours later since I upgraded to this version of OS 7.1 and the battery on my 9860 is not even to the half way mark.

A.
    01-14-12 06:57 AM
    any changes to the keyboard formats ?
    thanks
    Nope. Well, except the ".com" button when you're typing in your Browser/FB/Twitter/etc replacing the period "." but other than that, no more changes made.
    The .com button is quite a nuisance since it appears when typing email addresses and most of mine are .net. The problem is that it changes the space bar to the period button, but in several instances the period will not register, I have to actually hit the .com button to get a period, then erase the "com". A perfect example of this is the BB Beta Zone. When I start typing my email address the space bar is the "@" symbol, and once I press that it changes to the period. This button will not actually type a period at that point, it won't do anything. Quite the pain when the rest of the address contains 2 periods and is .net, not .com (att.blackberry.net).

Other than that, this build has been rock-solid, no issues whatsoever except for that keyboard malfunction.
    01-14-12 07:55 AM
    The .com button is quite a nuisance since it appears when typing email addresses and most of mine are .net. The problem is that it changes the space bar to the period button, but in several instances the period will not register, I have to actually hit the .com button to get a period, then erase the "com". A perfect example of this is the BB Beta Zone. When I start typing my email address the space bar is the "@" symbol, and once I press that it changes to the period. This button will not actually type a period at that point, it won't do anything. Quite the pain when the rest of the address contains 2 periods and is .net, not .com (att.blackberry.net).

Other than that, this build has been rock-solid, no issues whatsoever except for that keyboard malfunction.
    Figuring there are more .com addresses than any others I can see why RIM leaves it. I never have any issues with the keyboard but I guess if you have fat fingers then I could see why it would be always in the way, then again maybe the 9860 isn't really meant for you.

A.
    01-14-12 08:43 AM
    I also have the .com issue. If you press the shift then the period it works.
    01-14-12 09:27 AM
    I've scanned all 10 pages (thus far), and from what I gather from here and other 7.1 device posts, UMA as we knew it is no more, replaced by "Wi-Fi Calling". This also means what was (in North America), T-Mo/Rogers/CinciBell specific feature is now available to other carriers *IF* they allow it; with the major difference being that handoff no longer occurs when Wi-Fi signal is lost.

I'm reading from the 9810 7.1 posts (and perhaps 99xx 7.1 posts?) that a new option is added to the Mobile Network section (similar to Wi-Fi Preferred for UMA), and a new indicator on the homescreen.

My general question is, do any 9860 users (any carrier) running 7.1.0.190 see this option, and/or see the Wi-Fi Calling indicator? My more specific question is, do any Rogers 9860 users see those options or indicators? I'd guess that Wi-Fi Calling wasn't ready for the 9860 but was for the 9810/9900 -- and that hopefully it will come in future 7.1 versions for the 9860.

I'm still paying for UMA service (guess I should cancel that, hehe), mainly because my signal is so poor in my basement, next to the router, where I spend most of my at-home time. TIA folks!
    01-17-12 01:17 PM
    Previously on .585, my Review after several days of use:

OS booting up faster
    BIS connection faster
    Bridge more stable with my Playbook
    Bluetooth file transfers seem faster (200 mb video transfers no problem to 9810)
    Battery Life about the same (really depends on what apps are running in the background)
    Browsers seems faster but at times freezes when scrolling down

Music Player has same problem as .585, use of stop on music UI sometimes does not work unless pressing the screen in the middle to pause first (rather odd)

Music Player has no ALAC support yet

I have not tested the hotspot much, yet (let me know how yours works)
    01-17-12 06:50 PM
    Has device analyser
    cant seem to find it anywere on this os
    Last edited by schoolboy_vet; 01-20-12 at 01:34 PM.
    01-20-12 01:31 PM
    found it finally
    01-20-12 01:35 PM
    Just returning back to BB from hiatus! Used to have a curve 8330, then went to iPhone (don't worry lasted 3 months and then sold the damn thing), then went to a Nokia E72 which was an awesome phone but decided to give BB another chance.
    Problem is, the 9860 with Telus is running 7.0.0.261 and before I decide to return it, I wanted to give 7.1 a try.
    I'm out of the loop here guys... what's the best version to try and procedure?
    01-22-12 12:53 PM
    Just returning back to BB from hiatus! Used to have a curve 8330, then went to iPhone (don't worry lasted 3 months and then sold the damn thing), then went to a Nokia E72 which was an awesome phone but decided to give BB another chance.
    Problem is, the 9860 with Telus is running 7.0.0.261 and before I decide to return it, I wanted to give 7.1 a try.
    I think if you want to update.

your choices are if you want OS 7. go for the 7.0.0.540 from Vodafone Ireland.

and if you want 7.1 go for the 7.1.0.205 because 7.1.0.190 has a bad memory leak IMO.
    01-22-12 08:26 PM
    I'm also with Telus and would recommend either OS 7.0.0.598 from Claro Brazil, or this OS. To install either OS, backup your phone's data, download the OS, install to your computer and then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the file named Vendor.xml. Then just run the Loader.exe file in the same folder. This is the easiest way to proceed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    snakeyes_76 likes this.
    01-22-12 08:35 PM
    I'm also with Telus and would recommend either OS 7.0.0.598 from Claro Brazil, or this OS. To install either OS, backup your phone's data, download the OS, install to your computer and then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and delete the file named Vendor.xml. Then just run the Loader.exe file in the same folder. This is the easiest way to proceed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Awesome.. thanks !
    01-23-12 11:49 AM
    How's the battery life?
    01-23-12 09:30 PM
    I dowloaded/installed the 7.1.0.190 as couldn't get the 205 anywhere. All the links i tried have been removed/deactivated.. feels more responsive, a little snappier, but battery drainage is at 4.26%/hr. all i have is a weather app running (accuweather) and I barely used it as i can't answer or play with my phone at work. took it off the charger at 7am this morning and 5 hrs later its at 55%.. is this normal?
    Last edited by snakeyes_76; 01-24-12 at 01:49 PM.
    01-24-12 10:59 AM
    if anyone is still interested i found a site that still has the 7.1.0.205 functional
    gadzonemobile.com .. it won't let me post the complete link as i have less than 10 posts on crackberry.. sorry guys
    01-24-12 06:44 PM
    Finally got the 205 installed.. 190 battery drainage peaked at 10%/hr.. that was just nuts.. we'll see how 205 does.. maybe i have a defective battery as I'm not running much on it
    01-25-12 08:09 AM
    i just installed OS 7.1.0.190 on my BB 9860... everything works well, but i just noticed that whenever i turn on mobile hotspot, it turns off BIS. and when i turn the mobile hotspot off, BIS comes back. does that mean BIS and mobile hotspot cannot be used at the same time?

================

UPDATE: After a couple of battery pulls, it now works. Mobile hotspot and BIS working at the same time.

Network: Sun Cellular
    Last edited by erni.ph; 01-28-12 at 08:50 PM. Reason: update
    01-26-12 08:15 AM
157 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD