I downloaded and installed the leaked OS, but neither DM or Shrink-A-OS see the new OS. I deleted the vendor.xml file before installing the OS. Any ideas?
    Use your computer control panel to uninstall all other versions. (Then run CC Cleaner if you have it) and try again. Make the new one the only choice.
    01-09-12 09:33 AM
    I've read most of this thread re ATT mobile hotspot and seems feauture has to be enabled via ATT tethering plan. Seems ridiculious since i already own an unlimited plan. Has anyone on ATT been enable to get this to work?
    01-09-12 09:37 AM
    Use your computer control panel to uninstall all other versions. (Then run CC Cleaner if you have it) and try again. Make the new one the only choice.
    Didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try it OTA.

Thanks!
    01-09-12 10:01 AM
    So has anyone tried this on a T-Mobile 9180? GLOCKshooter?
    01-09-12 10:08 AM
    with this build i can no longer select between 4g and 3g/2g. I occasionally switch in poor reception areas.
    This must be an AT&T thing. I have options for 3G/H+, 2G, or 3G/H+ & 2G.
    01-09-12 10:10 AM
    This must be an AT&T thing. I have options for 3G/H+, 2G, or 3G/H+ & 2G.
    If this is an AT&T thing - might have to do the "engineering screen thing" like when I first got my Bold 9000 before AT&T allowed network switching.

I don't remember how this was done (a long time ago . . . ) - so if anyone can share the methodology, it would be highly appreciated by us AT&T prisoners . .

Unless, of course, Mecca the Guru can figure out a workaround!!
    01-09-12 10:16 AM
    If this is an AT&T thing - might have to do the "engineering screen thing" like when I first got my Bold 9000 before AT&T allowed network switching.

I don't remember how this was done (a long time ago . . . ) - so if anyone can share the methodology, it would be highly appreciated by us AT&T prisoners . .

Unless, of course, Mecca the Guru can figure out a workaround!!
    You have to "unbrand" the BB, doable but touchy. I did it once--there is apparently a way to do it without having to reinstall the OS. It requires a special program--don't recall which--but I'm sure it's searchable.

One problem is that once it's unbranded it may not recognize the free AT&T hotspots, but maybe that has been resolved.

I don't know that unbranding it would necessarily permit the use of the BB as a wifi hotspot if your carrier is AT&T.
    Last edited by KenV54; 01-09-12 at 10:33 AM.
    01-09-12 10:28 AM
    Do you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on your computer?
    yeahhhh but it wont pop up on the desktop manager. even when i click update and other versions ect. i think i downloaded it incorrectly. but then again it seemed like everything went smoothly. any ideas?

do i have to have a specific os downloaded onto my 9810 already in order for this to work?
    01-09-12 11:05 AM
    ....p
    hello mecca. . im having this issue with any os none released by at&t , the .261 works fine 4 me , also the .583 .. do you know a way to fix that i have to reboot everytime i want to charge or sinc the phone with the pc? it doesn't happen everytime it only happens after 1 hour or so without the phone connected to any source.. then when i want to charge/sync it it says "the power souce connected cannot charge your device", my device temperature is on 31�C right now so i don't really understand why this happens to me..

have u had this issue before? maybe a way to fix it?
    01-09-12 11:19 AM
    So has anyone tried this on a T-Mobile 9180? GLOCKshooter?
    I have it running now, but not long enough to give a real review.
    I am getting UMA.
    01-09-12 11:36 AM
    And I guess I should change my phone in my profile...
    01-09-12 11:37 AM
    I've read most of this thread re ATT mobile hotspot and seems feauture has to be enabled via ATT tethering plan. Seems ridiculious since i already own an unlimited plan. Has anyone on ATT been enable to get this to work?
    I'm on ATT, updated my service plan and hotspot is active
    01-09-12 11:38 AM
    do i have to have a specific os downloaded onto my 9810 already in order for this to work?
    Make sure you don't have any other os's installed, if so uninstall them - not just delete. Make sure your DM is the latest version - I'm using a beta DM7. If 7.1.0.190 is still not recognized, you'll have to use the loader that came with it. What OS do you have on your computer?

I used Loader, launched using bbhtools or bbboss.
    01-09-12 11:42 AM
    Two other quick thoughts for people who cannot load.
    1) Make sure you have the very latest desktop manager.
    2) you could "force" it by:
    - backing up your phone,
    - backing up your third party apps (I use BBSAK)
    - wiping your phone (I use BBSAK)
    - making sure 7.1 is the only OS on your computer (see my previous post)
    - turn off your internet connection on your computer (sometimes DM scans for things itself...)
    - now try loading the OS.
    - restore your backup and your third party apps
    -turn your internet back on
    01-09-12 11:43 AM
    hello mecca. . im having this issue with any os none released by at&t , the .261 works fine 4 me , also the .583 .. do you know a way to fix that i have to reboot everytime i want to charge or sinc the phone with the pc? it doesn't happen everytime it only happens after 1 hour or so without the phone connected to any source.. then when i want to charge/sync it it says "the power souce connected cannot charge your device", my device temperature is on 31�C right now so i don't really understand why this happens to me..

have u had this issue before? maybe a way to fix it?
    Either your usb cable has gone bad, the usb port on your computer is faulty, or your usb isn't outputting full 2.0 - yes, it can happen.

I once had this exact issue and just swapped usb cables. Haven't seen it since.
    01-09-12 11:44 AM
    Make sure you don't have any other os's installed, if so uninstall them - not just delete. Make sure your DM is the latest version - I'm using a beta DM7. If 7.1.0.190 is still not recognized, you'll have to use the loader that came with it. What OS do you have on your computer?

I used Loader, launched using bbhtools or bbboss.
    i have os 7.0.0.583 and os 7.0.0.261 on my blackberry desktop software. if i take both those off thatll mean that my phone is running on no os at all? and if the os 7.1 doesnt load right my phone will be screwed?

do i have to have a special program to get the file onto bb desktop software? i have the latest version of bb desktop software.
    01-09-12 11:52 AM
    I'm on ATT, updated my service plan and hotspot is active
    Can you please indicate what did you update your service plan FROM and TO?

Thanks
    01-09-12 12:04 PM
    i have os 7.0.0.583 and os 7.0.0.261 on my blackberry desktop software. if i take both those off thatll mean that my phone is running on no os at all? and if the os 7.1 doesnt load right my phone will be screwed?
    no dude, u remove them from your PC, not your phone.

this way you can install the new 7.1 os on your PC, run DM and plug in your phone.

DM will recognize your phone and ask if you want to upgrade your os.

01-09-12 12:10 PM

Thanks
    Mecca..did you update to one of their 2 or 4g Tethering plans? I have unlimited plan and from what I gather I wont be able to use Mobile Hotspot unless i downgrade and pay more $$$$
    01-09-12 12:11 PM

Thanks
    You have to change your data plan to include tethering, at least on ATT. Have to do it through your carrier.
    01-09-12 12:12 PM
    Either your usb cable has gone bad, the usb port on your computer is faulty, or your usb isn't outputting full 2.0 - yes, it can happen.

I once had this exact issue and just swapped usb cables. Haven't seen it since.
    hmm . when i see the bug again i'll try changing cables .. but its kinda ilogic because when i reboot the phone it actually recognize the same cable and the same pc port.
    01-09-12 12:16 PM
    Any other enhancements/improvements on this OS besides Mobile Hotspot added?
    I lost WiFi MusicSync when I installed the hybrid, and it didn't come back with this leak. Forgot to look to see if it was listed in the loader apps. Is anyone else missing it, and can it be added through DM?

edit: It shows as enabled in DM, and I re-enabled it 2x since installing the leak. Didn't look to see if it was installed as an app. Doesn't show on the device. Wondering if I am able to add it as an app within DM.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 01-09-12 at 12:19 PM.
    Does anyone know if this OS changes anything to do with BIS? I am on Rogers with an unlocked device. The OS i am running now wont let me switch SIM cards without first wiping the device. I want to be able to do this when i travel so I don't have to pay roaming fees. I am currently running the 7.0.0.540 right now.
    01-09-12 12:27 PM

Thanks
    NP. I was originally on the plain 2GB plan, on ATT. I saw they updated the tethering services to include wifi hotspot for $45 - it's mislabeled as a 200mb w/tether service. Once I confirmed online, hotspot was reactivated.
    01-09-12 12:46 PM
372 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD