Digging around I found an app from RIM that I never noticed before - Plans Application. I couldn't find anyway to launch it so I set it up as a quick launch. But it won't launch. Instead I get a message saying to contact my carrier. Anyone know what this is?
    You can delete it. It's only used for prepaid services
    01-16-12 10:19 PM
    not sure what you mean by this. when i look at my options/applications, nothing looks unusual. it's just a list of installed apps, then the details show the modules that the app uses.

in the second image it lists most used "modules", not most used applications, during the time period. in this case things like bluetooth, messages, etc. Which one looked wrong to you?

thanks for the help.
    You're correct. I'm seeing 3rd party apps listed in its full state, and RIM modules listed as such in the details of the device analyzer app. Usually, when an installed app isn't grouped properly, they'll show up as separate java modules in the options/application line up.

Did you happen to shrink before you installed .190?
    01-16-12 10:39 PM
    You're correct. I'm seeing 3rd party apps listed in its full state, and RIM modules listed as such in the details of the device analyzer app. Usually, when an installed app isn't grouped properly, they'll show up as separate java modules in the options/application line up.

Did you happen to shrink before you installed .190?
    did not shrink. straight install of the leak.
    01-16-12 10:49 PM
    After 20.5 hours, I'm seeing a little less than 3%/hour battery drain. Since it seems as if real battery benefits kick in after about three days, I'm really looking forward to what battery life will be like, then.

There was one minor orientation glitch. Thanks to a reset recommended by Mecca El, that's solved. Evernote had an update that wouldn't install right without uninstalling the old version first. Other than that, everything I use works as intended.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-17-12 09:56 AM
    After 20.5 hours, I'm seeing a little less than 3%/hour battery drain. Since it seems as if real battery benefits kick in after about three days, I'm really looking forward to what battery life will be like, then.

There was one minor orientation glitch. Thanks to a reset recommended by Mecca El, that's solved. Evernote had an update that wouldn't install right without uninstalling the old version first. Other than that, everything I use works as intended.
    I'm getting 1.75%/hour drain in bedside mode with the screen off. Any usage and it's minimum-4-5%, and real usage and it's 10+%, usually about 15%+.

...this is two different batteries, and a replacement Torch (original one was the same)...
    01-17-12 10:17 AM
    has any one figured out how to change from 4g/3g to just 2g on the at&t version yet? im really considering going back to os 7 if i can get that solved. it drains to much battery :/
    01-17-12 10:30 AM
    has any one figured out how to change from 4g/3g to just 2g on the at&t version yet? im really considering going back to os 7 if i can get that solved. it drains to much battery :/
    see post #307

"No, I can't manually use 2G/3G now that they're taken that away in 7.1 on AT&T."

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...41/index8.html

I'm pretty sure I read (in these forums, if not in this thread) that the option to change from 2G/3G/4G is now automatic in the 7.1 leak.

I tried to find the thread for you, but was unable to, sorry.
    01-17-12 04:25 PM
    Finally had to do this update and I am generally very happy. I am about to go overseas therefore WiFi calling is needed for both voice and SMS. I was originally thinking of getting my 9700 with me for that purpose, but why not trying out 7.1! On top of that I have had issue with screen orientation. To make a long story short, TMO tech rep thought that it has to do with possibly screen protector or try to reload the OS. Well, screen came off and OS reloaded to no avail.

My issue is different as I have virtual kb when slider is close. I also do not see any light leaking in a complete dark room coming from the kb when slider is close. I was and now am 100% positive that it is hardware malfuction, i.e. broken accelometer.

Anyhow, gladly to report that all works gr8t, WiFi Calling, Mobile Hotspot along with other minor apps and features. I wish that the device analyzer include a scan for orientation issue I do not suffer an issue with Hotspot SSID reset after a reboot though I only performed one reboot after app delete and one battery pulled. Only time will tell on this matter.

So far, memory is about 5MB less than the TMO 7.0OS stock all being equal on additional installed apps. I wish I had shrunk the OS prior.

Memory leaks like mad and I noticed this as well when I first got the device. The leaks issue stopped after a week or so of use and battery pulled. So I hope it stabilize with this OS leak too.

I have rroy BB Bridge, Poynt, BeWeather, BeBuzz, BOA, WhatsApp, BB Traffic, Google Map, FancyTran, Fancy Character, QL, FB, latest AppWorld and BBM installed. All works awesome!

I will report back if there is any new thing or major glitch observe. Thanks to all for sharing and load of handy information over this 24 pages

Cheers
    Last edited by doxa sub750T; 01-22-12 at 01:46 PM.
    01-17-12 06:05 PM
    see post #307

"No, I can't manually use 2G/3G now that they're taken that away in 7.1 on AT&T."

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...41/index8.html

I'm pretty sure I read (in these forums, if not in this thread) that the option to change from 2G/3G/4G is now automatic in the 7.1 leak.

I tried to find the thread for you, but was unable to, sorry.
    I can confirm: while 7.1 does not allow you to manually "lock" the radio into 2G/3G, it DOES "automatically downswitch" in really poor signal areas - today, I drove into the hinterlands of southern California and when I got to sparsely populated areas, it would switch to EDGE and remain so until I got back into stronger signal/more populous areas where it would then switch back to 4G.

And both Mecca and I have tried to do the manual locking to 2G/3G using the engineering screen access - it does not work,.
    cntrydncr223 and kraski like this.
    01-17-12 06:29 PM
    After a week, I've seen no significant improvement in (or degradation of) battery life versus any of the 7.0 builds. So much for that promise.

The memory leak I had with the 7.0 builds has only gotten worse with 7.1, with drops of 50 MB in 10 hours or so. Restarting every day, which was simply desirable with 7.0, is now an absolute necessity with 7.1.

(As an aside, I fruitlessly tried tracking down the source of the memory leak on 7.0, e.g., removing apps and reinstalling one by one, etc. There is something systemic that does not seem to be connected to any one app. I also notice the biggest drops in memory -- sometimes as high as 15 MB -- in the half hour immediately following my commute to/from work, which suggests something tied to the hands-free BT connection and/or playing music on the media player.)
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-18-12 06:22 AM
    Well, I've never expected much improvement and the "last" for 2 days really ended(for me) after my 8xxx series (8700, 8100, 8300 & 8310) of BlackBerries. I'm not expecting 7.1 to last for a day or two days. But, mine drops in a very short amount of time- especially from 100 to 90%. My BT is indicated by the analyzer to be 95+% of battery usage, not to mention that I have a lot of apps that update or run in the background. The "spikes" that I'm seeing are similar to yours and others, Jaz. Which, IMHO, indicates that whenever the SuperBlackBerries, BB10, BBX, XYZ(or the latest name) are released, there really needs to be a better battery that can handle what we want in a device or give the option for a BA(big azz) battery.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-18-12 at 07:53 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-12 07:45 AM
    Has anyone else run into this issue with .190?

Everytime I use the browser, it will close and I get the following error message:

�Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_browser_daemon(373) is not responding; process terminated� - (note that the number in the parentheses changes each time I get the message)

I have tried the following:

Multiple battery pulls
    Re-installed the OS
    Wiped using BBSAK and then re-installed the OS
    Re-injected all of the browser cods using BBSAK

Any suggestion or clue as to the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    01-18-12 09:22 AM
    After a week, I've seen no significant improvement in (or degradation of) battery life versus any of the 7.0 builds. So much for that promise.

The memory leak I had with the 7.0 builds has only gotten worse with 7.1, with drops of 50 MB in 10 hours or so. Restarting every day, which was simply desirable with 7.0, is now an absolute necessity with 7.1.

(As an aside, I fruitlessly tried tracking down the source of the memory leak on 7.0, e.g., removing apps and reinstalling one by one, etc. There is something systemic that does not seem to be connected to any one app. I also notice the biggest drops in memory -- sometimes as high as 15 MB -- in the half hour immediately following my commute to/from work, which suggests something tied to the hands-free BT connection and/or playing music on the media player.)
    I get what is usually my biggest battery drop during the day on my commute in to work. bluetooth must not be optimized.
    01-18-12 11:23 AM
    Well, I've never expected much improvement and the "last" for 2 days really ended(for me) after my 8xxx series (8700, 8100, 8300 & 8310) of BlackBerries. I'm not expecting 7.1 to last for a day or two days. But, mine drops in a very short amount of time- especially from 100 to 90%. My BT is indicated by the analyzer to be 95+% of battery usage, not to mention that I have a lot of apps that update or run in the background. The "spikes" that I'm seeing are similar to yours and others, Jaz. Which, IMHO, indicates that whenever the SuperBlackBerries, BB10, BBX, XYZ(or the latest name) are released, there really needs to be a better battery that can handle what we want in a device or give the option for a BA(big azz) battery.
    WHAT!!! 95%??? That's insane. If you feel up to it, inject 150's or 74's BT cod, and see if that makes a diff.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-18-12 02:02 PM
    Well after a little over 2 days of his leak, I find it to be very stable. Everything works as before and more such as mobile hotspit, wifi calling, lock with slider closed, etc. I have yet come across apps that are incompatible.

As far as battery is concern, it is definitely as good if not better than stock tmo. Memory leak is similar, but not bad at all. Previously, it dropped about 20mb within the first 24 hr then, remained stable with minimal drop like 2-5mb per day. But it usually will stay stable at 170mb for weeks. I hope this new leak works the same way on my device.
    01-20-12 11:23 AM
    I should mention that input language like Thai, the size is corrected. It used to look much larger than English. Basically, font size is consistent all across different input languages. Of course, I do not have every single languages installed. But my four different ones now look consistent on size.
    kraski likes this.
    01-21-12 11:11 AM
    Is there another link to download this os somewhere...non of the links are working for me
    02-08-12 09:07 PM
    my battery life has been really up and down. my routine has always been charge overnight and then goto work for 8 to ten hours with minor useage (bbm, maybe some texts and 5-6 incoming emails) and always have my phone in the same spot. after a few days after installation it was up to far with the previous install of 7.0.0.585? well, something like that anyways. then it got worse, as bad as down to 27% before noon. today, it was really good and i came home to 70% battery with a little more than usual useage. might be time for a new battery?
    02-11-12 07:56 PM
    Is there another link to download this os somewhere...non of the links are working for me
    +1. Anyone?
    02-12-12 08:02 AM
    The links to this upgrade have all been disabled? Does anyone know of an alternative?
    Thank you.
    03-24-12 06:58 PM
    This file was either in breach of a copyright holder or deleted by the uploader.
    03-27-12 11:44 AM
    No problem - it just "moved" a little bit LOL

Forgot the first item - Radio Engineering Screens (3GPP), I updated my post. But then those who belong in the escreens would have figured that out already...
    Hi! I was trying to use PLNM selection to lock in a channel such as 505:01 (2G), it seems they removed the option in 7.1?

04-20-12 04:35 AM
372 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD