I have a little problem with the upgrade. I download the new OS, i run it and then I use both Desktop Manager and Apploader but there is no any upgrade.

I delete all the older version and i install the new at my PC many times, but nothing

Any help please?
    01-11-12 06:26 PM
    I have a little problem with the upgrade. I download the new OS, i run it and then I use both Desktop Manager and Apploader but there is no any upgrade.

I delete all the older version and i install the new at my PC many times, but nothing

Any help please?
    Have you searched for and deleted the vendor.xml file(s)? These files can sometimes prevent apploader from seeing the new OS.
    geokip likes this.
    01-11-12 06:33 PM
    Have you searched for and deleted the vendor.xml file(s)? These files can sometimes prevent apploader from seeing the new OS.
    Yes, i have deleded it.
    01-11-12 06:41 PM
    Yes, i have deleded it.
    Delete and reinstall the OS on your computer. Make sure you use something like ccleaner, to make sure all remnants of any deleted OS is removed, before installing 7.1 again.

Restart your computer after reinstallation, then update your device
    geokip likes this.
    01-11-12 07:24 PM
    Delete and reinstall the OS on your computer. Make sure you use something like ccleaner, to make sure all remnants of any deleted OS is removed, before installing 7.1 again.

Restart your computer after reinstallation, then update your device
    There was a second vendor.xml, in another folder. I deledet both and now i can install the new OS

Thank you both for your help.
    01-11-12 07:26 PM
    Glad you're smart enough to get WiFi MS - I can't hate on anyone for being smarter than me (jealousy, now that's another story )
    You flatter me, sir. It was simply there after I upgraded, as it had been there on .585 before I upgraded. I mentioned that a couple of months ago, I had uninstalled it while checking for the source of memory leaks, and then later reinstalled it via DM (after upgrading to another OS in the interim). So perhaps the fact that I had manually reinstalled it way back when had something to do with it -- I'm not sure.

You might want to just try loading it from DM. It should be there. Oh, and it does indeed work fine on 7.1 -- just loaded some songs a short while ago.

I mentioned memory leaks -- this seems to have one just as severe as any 9810 build, at least for me. Good thing I restart every morning.
    01-11-12 07:45 PM
    How long I av waited 4 this.it saddens me that I could not download it before fileserve deleted it.Today already feels so gloomy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-12 11:06 PM
    How long I av waited 4 this.it saddens me that I could not download it before fileserve deleted it.Today already feels so gloomy.

I just tried both of the FileServe links in the original post in this thread - I was able to start download (did not complete because I already have the file).

Try again - the file has not been deleted.
    01-11-12 11:13 PM

There is also a link to Megaupload on page 5 of this thread - I just checked and that one works as well.
    01-11-12 11:19 PM
    My battery experience so far on this leak:
    After installation, I' m having serious battery drain as high as 5%/hr on idle. Less than 24 hrs, i have to charge twice. My first charge from 20% back to 100%. Second time, from 9% back to 100%.

Then, I noticed a sudden reduction in battery drain as low as 0.9%/hr (idle) about 48hrs after installation with 4G signal.
    I got BB messenger, SocialScope, BB Twitter, 2-email account & Opera-Mini browser running, my battery drain slowly rose to 1.3%/hr

I initially thought absence of 2G will be an issue, but seems I got nothing to fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 01:40 AM
    My battery experience so far on this leak:
    After installation, I' m having serious battery drain as high as 5%/hr on idle. Less than 24 hrs, i have to charge twice. My first charge from 20% back to 100%. Second time, from 9% back to 100%.

Then, I noticed a sudden reduction in battery drain as low as 0.9%/hr (idle) about 48hrs after installation with 4G signal.
    I got BB messenger, SocialScope, BB Twitter, 2-email account & Opera-Mini browser running, my battery drain slowly rose to 1.3%/hr

I initially thought absence of 2G will be an issue, but seems I got nothing to fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 01:47 AM
    I downloaded the 7.1 from the thread and managed to get the wifi hotspot working with the correct APN settings. Now I noticed since I do alot of calls with my speaker phone that the sound is much lower than the .585 build. I tested the mp3 music and the sound has not changed on speaker being great quality. But.....why is the speakerphone soo low in sound when performing voice calls? Could be some overlooked quirk in 7.1.

On a good note, the touchpad buttons are much more responsive on this build.

P.S. this is a great thread.
    Last edited by retsoobretsoob11; 01-12-12 at 02:21 AM.
    01-12-12 02:19 AM
    You flatter me, sir. It was simply there after I upgraded, as it had been there on .585 before I upgraded. I mentioned that a couple of months ago, I had uninstalled it while checking for the source of memory leaks, and then later reinstalled it via DM (after upgrading to another OS in the interim). So perhaps the fact that I had manually reinstalled it way back when had something to do with it -- I'm not sure.

You might want to just try loading it from DM. It should be there. Oh, and it does indeed work fine on 7.1 -- just loaded some songs a short while ago.

I mentioned memory leaks -- this seems to have one just as severe as any 9810 build, at least for me. Good thing I restart every morning.
    I've tried DM several times - music sync just isn't there for me. Doesn't show in the apps. Not a huge deal - I've already got most of my music on my SD card. But I've always loved using it.

Haven't seen the memory leaks, or at least haven't seen any symptoms that make me notice it. I'll try to pay special attention and see if I notice it.
    01-12-12 05:33 AM
    I've tried DM several times - music sync just isn't there for me. Doesn't show in the apps. Not a huge deal - I've already got most of my music on my SD card. But I've always loved using it.

Haven't seen the memory leaks, or at least haven't seen any symptoms that make me notice it. I'll try to pay special attention and see if I notice it.
    Never really used Wifi sync. Thought I would give it a try now but it's missing from mine as well. Not on DM either.
    Did a good few battery pulls since I installed it around 19hrs ago. Battery life has been IMPRESSIVE, currently at 65%!!! In the last few weeks of my previous install, batt was really really poor. Can't remember which OS I had on but might have been the one before 585.
    Hotspot is working now and call quality seems better - again the previous build was getting worse with connecting calls and call quality.

Actually I believe I had the Vodafone Ireland/UK build before that. Given am on Vodafone UK anyway I find it strange how the build/my phone deteriorated.
    01-12-12 07:31 AM
    Wifi sync works for me on this build.
    01-12-12 08:59 AM
    Have you tried loading it via DM as if it were simply an app that has been uninstalled on your device? That is, instead of connecting to the PC, running DM, and clicking on Wifi Music Sync on the bottom of the DM screen (this being the way to initially install Wifi Music Sync), click on Applications itself and see if it is there marked with a "-" in the list of apps in the resulting window. That's how I reloaded mine back on after I had uninstalled it.
    01-12-12 11:33 AM
    Anyone tested the 9810 WiFi calling on the Rogers network yet?
    i'm looking for feedback on this as well!
    01-12-12 01:10 PM
    I have made several calls on Wi-Fi on Rogers. Only complaint of course is that unlike UMA there is no hand off between Wi-Fi and cell network during a call
    are you paying Rogers to have UMA enabled?
    01-12-12 01:14 PM
    Just to reconfirm what has been stated earlier, any 1gb plan on Rogers opens up the hotspot app without any apn intervention.
    01-12-12 01:41 PM
    How do I use UMA?? :$
    01-12-12 01:57 PM
    i'm looking for feedback on this as well!
    Just upgraded to 7.1 today, have not been able to test it out much since I'm at work, but all is well so far!

I am also with Rogers and I was curious about the wi-fi calling feature. It will not work unless you add it to your existing plan. Looks like it starts at $15.00 a month for unlimited minutes within Canada. I'll be passing on that feature.
    01-12-12 02:01 PM
    Have you tried loading it via DM as if it were simply an app that has been uninstalled on your device? That is, instead of connecting to the PC, running DM, and clicking on Wifi Music Sync on the bottom of the DM screen (this being the way to initially install Wifi Music Sync), click on Applications itself and see if it is there marked with a "-" in the list of apps in the resulting window. That's how I reloaded mine back on after I had uninstalled it.
    Tried that this morning. Doesn't show up at all. Just wondering if there was a box in apploader that I overlooked for it when I installed the OS. I know I didn't change any boxes when I installed the OS, but maybe it was unselected for some reason. I don't want it bad enough to reload the OS to find out, though.

Have one last thing I'll try. DM has always displayed WiFi MusicSync as "on". I know if you click on it and confirm that you want to leave it on, it runs through the whole initial sync to initiate it. What I haven't tried is to turn it off and back on. I'll give that a shot tonight, with a battery pull and a PC reboot for good measure before I turn it back on.
    01-12-12 02:03 PM
    Shouldn't 7.1 have NFC built in? I can't seem to find it on mine. It should be under "Manage Connections" but it isn't there.
    01-12-12 02:22 PM
    Shouldn't 7.1 have NFC built in? I can't seem to find it on mine. It should be under "Manage Connections" but it isn't there.
    Unfortunately the Torch series doesn't have the NFC sensor only the 9900 and the new curves have it
    01-12-12 02:29 PM
    Man! im so disappointed! i don't know why but, in this past 2 days my battery drain has increased! no im not getting even till night! one more day like that and i'm going back to .540 build that was working excellent for me!
    01-12-12 02:34 PM
372 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD