Installed and working, no problems loading it. Thanks for the leak.

Oh, and screw you ATT, you're the biggest pile of garbage on the face of the Earth.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-10-12 12:02 AM
    no vendor filesssss hmm so when i get into the apploader wizard.. and it shows the apps.. it should show like 7.1 on there along with the other apps i have? or do i need to manually look for the os 7.1 and put it in there. cuz if its the latter option i have no idea how lol

holy crap! on bb desktop software it says update available... os 7.1! ! lets try this!
    01-10-12 12:58 AM
    Finally my Blackberry Protect is working with this build....................
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-10-12 01:17 AM
    ok awesome!!!!!!!!!!! i got os 7.1.0.190! thank you to all that helped. its very veryyyyyy appreciated. ! im having trouble with the hot spot? i have the hot spot 4gb plan on att. so i dont see why its not working. ima do a battery pull and see what happens.

omg. its working!!! very fast! omg and the 4g icon! this is epic!!! thank u all so damn much. :') it brings me to tears knowing how much u all care <3 no homo.

ok now i can report some findings.. mobile hot spot works amazingly smooth! works just as fast, if not faster than home wifi! no lags whatsoever on my playbook watching youtube vids! the 4g icon is a nice touch. and thats it so far.
    Mecca EL and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-10-12 01:38 AM
    I upgraded to 7.1.0.190. But I don't have "Mobile Hotspot" in Network and Connections. How to fix it?
    01-10-12 04:04 AM
    Here's my battery data ....so far.
    Click to view quoted image
    You got graphs with this version? I had them in .074, but they disappeared with .190. Still have device analyzer and the battery tests, but no graphs.
    01-10-12 05:14 AM
    Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter. My battery graph! Battery drain is very high x_x 4.9% per hour (n)
    01-10-12 05:24 AM
    it's too bad that the �findings and fixes� thread has become a self-help thread for one user. If one person is having that much trouble then it should go to a separate thread or to PM's. There are a lot of threads on how to load an OS.
    And, as a side note to Blackberryyx5, you need to look for a second vendor.xml file in your hidden folders if your new OS is not being recognized by Apploader.exe.
    Amen to that. The mods should delete all posts by xXBLACKBERRYXx5 in this thread (and the responses to his/her posts) to make it readable. The thread is virtually impenetrable now because of all of the help-me posts.
    tsells likes this.
    01-10-12 06:05 AM
    So far so good. Everything is working, battery is for the 1st time usable in 7.1 (after first day of usage, ended with 25% after 18 hours with moderate-heavy use). I expect that to improve a little as the days goes on. The 4G-3G-2G option is gone (I have an unlocked ATT phone working in Movistar). Can even use the GPS again.

Obviously, for those with bad 4G-3G coverage @ home or work (as me), I suggest using wi-fi.
    01-10-12 06:20 AM
    Amen to that. The mods should delete all posts by xXBLACKBERRYXx5 in this thread (and the responses to his/her posts) to make it readable. The thread is virtually impenetrable now because of all of the help-me posts.
    This would require a disproportionate effort and would remove valid innformation which may help others. We will not be deleting helpful posts because some members disapprove.

The correct time to educate a new user and divert discussion to a new dedicated thread was before the long thread became established. What is done is done, it is good to see others sharing knowledge to help a novice.
    01-10-12 06:29 AM
    This would require a disproportionate effort and would remove valid innformation which may help others. We will not be deleting helpful posts because some members disapprove.

The correct time to educate a new user and divert discussion to a new dedicated thread was before the long thread became established. What is done is done, it is good to see others sharing knowledge to help a novice.
    I completely agree that it's good to help a novice. But I respectfully disagree that the posts in question are helpful. They are not only cumulative of posts in countless other threads by users who have difficulty loading an OS, but also repetitive of the self-help threads in BlackBerry 101 and the like.

Moreover, such posts thoroughly detract from the topic of this thread -- which is findings and fixes for this particular OS version. That's ultimately unhelpful to those of us who must wade through literally dozens of pages full of this sort of dreck to extract a mere handful of cogent observations regarding the OS in question.

Findings and fixes threads have always had their filler (and I admit to the irony in adding to it now), such as the "downloading now!" and "just installed, will report back later" posts. Within the last several months, however, they have become infested with people seeking help on how to load on OS. Ideally, as you suggest, these people could be gently guided to the appropriate place, particularly if they persist in having problems. But whose job is that?

As to the effort involved, I've seen pkcable easily clean up threads with a much greater number of objectionable and interwoven posts than this one.

This is not my playground, however, so I must respectfully defer to your judgment.
    tsells and mrbjr like this.
    01-10-12 07:04 AM
    I upgraded last night to 7.1 and for whatever reason, after restoring , none of my apps came over. I suspect because it is 7.1 from 7.0 but never had that issue in the past with other builds. So needless to say, I spent the rest of the night installing my apps again...what a PITA. I did notice that besides the EAM....there is a NEW Tmobile icon named "Tmobile name ID". I have no idea what it does or what its for as I am not that curious about it. I also DO have the ability to switch between 2G and 3G/4G, so that must be some ATT thing....WIFI calling works great, no founded issues just yet, but if I find some, Ill post them. I have yet to try out the hotspot but Im excited over it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-10-12 07:33 AM
    I completely agree that it's good to help a novice. But I respectfully disagree that the posts in question are helpful. They are not only cumulative of posts in countless other threads by users who have difficulty loading an OS, but also repetitive of the self-help threads in BlackBerry 101 and the like.

Moreover, such posts thoroughly detract from the topic of this thread -- which is findings and fixes for this particular OS version. That's ultimately unhelpful to those of us who must wade through literally dozens of pages full of this sort of dreck to extract a mere handful of cogent observations regarding the OS in question.

Findings and fixes threads have always had their filler (and I admit to the irony in adding to it now), such as the "downloading now!" and "just installed, will report back later" posts. Within the last several months, however, they have become infested with people seeking help on how to load on OS. Ideally, as you suggest, these people could be gently guided to the appropriate place, particularly if they persist in having problems. But whose job is that?

As to the effort involved, I've seen pkcable easily clean up threads with a much greater number of objectionable and interwoven posts than this one.

This is not my playground, however, so I must respectfully defer to your judgment.
    I agree... this thread is called "finding and fixes for OS 7.1.190", not installing & assisting and or troubleshooting an OS. The majority of this thread has almost nothing to do with finding and fixes for this new OS and should be regulated accordingly...

Those that are intereseted in finding about about this OS will weed through it and realize that 85% of content is meaningless..Isn't that the reason we have moderators
    01-10-12 08:24 AM

I agree... this thread is called "finding and fixes for OS 7.1.190
    Well, he was having troubles Finding the os
    Mecca EL and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-10-12 08:29 AM
    Well, he was having troubles Finding the os
    Folks, there's such a thing called commmon sense.use it!!!!
    01-10-12 08:32 AM
    Here's my battery data ....so far.

I anticipate that it will get better as .190 settles down on my BlackBerry. Great? No. Could it be better? Always. So, like the yin/yang theory, there is a positive side to every negativity act and and a negative side to every positive act. 'We" want better battery life with a powerful BlackBerry? We're getting closer. Not yet. But, RIM is going forward. Will it get there? Eventually.

What program are you using to get the battery info? Is it a part of the OS or third party?
    01-10-12 08:40 AM
    anyone has to reboot the phone after a while to get it charging/sync ?
    01-10-12 09:34 AM
    anyone has to reboot the phone after a while to get it charging/sync ?
    I havent experienced this issue..try pulling the battery and see what happens.
    01-10-12 09:48 AM
    my whatsapp notification gets stuck in the notifications and does not go till u exit notifications!

anyone facing such a problem???
    01-10-12 09:55 AM
    Installed 7.1.0.190 yesterday morning (T-Mobile USA). Wifi Calling works, Mobile Hotspot "works" (I can connect, getting the "you need to add tethering" page while browsing; will do so later on, $15 isn't so bad and might be paid by my employer), battery life... well, hard to tell at this point, though it seems at least OK. I can select between 3G/4G and 2G manually, which others on T-Mobile have also noticed.

I haven't seen anything bad about this release yet, though if someone doesn't want wifi calling or mobile hotspot this doesn't feel like a significant change over 7.0. I'd say only install if you need either or both of these features, otherwise wait for an official release offered by your carrier.
    01-10-12 10:04 AM
    Installed 7.1.0.190 yesterday morning (T-Mobile USA). Wifi Calling works, Mobile Hotspot "works" (I can connect, getting the "you need to add tethering" page while browsing; will do so later on, $15 isn't so bad and might be paid by my employer), battery life... well, hard to tell at this point, though it seems at least OK. I can select between 3G/4G and 2G manually, which others on T-Mobile have also noticed.

I haven't seen anything bad about this release yet, though if someone doesn't want wifi calling or mobile hotspot this doesn't feel like a significant change over 7.0. I'd say only install if you need either or both of these features, otherwise wait for an official release offered by your carrier.
    Well is TMO had EOL'd the 9810 will they release 7.1 for it? I hope so. If not I will live off of the leaks.
    01-10-12 10:08 AM
    What program are you using to get the battery info? Is it a part of the OS or third party?
    Look in "options/device/advanced settings" At the bottom of that list is the Blackberry Device Analyzer. If you don't see it, rroyy.com has an ota of the same program available for installation.

I use it over ANY 3rd party app, because it works. No leaked resources, battery drains, or misreadings.
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 01-10-12 at 10:30 AM. Reason: edit
    01-10-12 10:12 AM
    damn i guess only att makes it so u cant change from 4g/3g to 2g? :/
    01-10-12 10:22 AM
    damn i guess only att makes it so u cant change from 4g/3g to 2g? :/
    Yep! Sucks but oh well. If it's automatic, so be it!
    01-10-12 10:30 AM
    UPDATE:

Since approx. 7:30pm yesterday, until this posting - at 11:21am - my battery discharge, with moderate use - mostly BBM, music, browsing, and five 30-45min phone calls - I'm nearing the the 16hr mark, with 14% of battery usage left. I'm still in the "green" from a single charge.

Notification page is a bit buggy on updates, but I'm blaming it on background apps taking priority over resources

NEW FEATURE!!! Unless I'm slow, and don't really dig into the device functions as others do, while on a call and tapping the MUTE virt/key, my device now vibrates, indicating that I am now in MUTE. Not sure if I like that or not, but it is interesting.
    01-10-12 10:32 AM
372 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD