How's this, Altarocks...

A significant amount of data removed from this new builds .sfi, verses the .74 .sfi. Would explain why the radio select option is gone - in other words, can't select 2G anymore.
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 01-09-12 at 06:22 PM.
    Altarocks likes this.
    01-09-12 06:18 PM
    New feauture:

When phone is in bedside mode, you can now select alarm clock settings below clock (icon with clock + sign, allows to turn on and off).
    The clock feature was in the unofficial leak I posted last month
    01-09-12 06:23 PM
    Sorry Mr. I know it all Blackberry Abuser..slight Sarcasm
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-09-12 06:34 PM
    Here's my battery data ....so far.

I anticipate that it will get better as .190 settles down on my BlackBerry. Great? No. Could it be better? Always. So, like the yin/yang theory, there is a positive side to every negativity act and and a negative side to every positive act. 'We" want better battery life with a powerful BlackBerry? We're getting closer. Not yet. But, RIM is going forward. Will it get there? Eventually.
    Mecca EL and swiftex like this.
    01-09-12 07:29 PM
    Connecting to app world via my computer with usb cable and app world no longer recognizes my device
    01-09-12 07:56 PM
    The Wi-Fi Calling (ersatz UMA) acquisition seems really quick once Wi-Fi is established. In 7.1.0.190 it is almost simultaneous, within 1 second; in the 7.1.0.74 hybrid, the data icon fluttered on Wi-Fi for a few seconds before the Wi-Fi Calling icon was displayed. I don't think I've ever seen UMA acquisition this fast on any of my BBs.

Also I noticed a new T-Mo NameID caller ID app in this release that wasn't there in 7.1.0.74h. Makes me wonder if this 7.1.0.190 leak is destined for T-Mo US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-12 07:58 PM
    DO NOT DOWNGRADE.

I just recently switched to ATT from Tmob. If I was grandfathered in, I wouldn't sweat the hotspot feature, because they will eventually allow it's function to those that have been with them for a while. To be honest with you, I'd gladly join any similar long time ATT client in writing a complaint to ATT's CEO, because this is predatory in practice.
    I second this. It make no sense that customers who have been here longer and who can benefit from the feature with unlimited data cannot use it!
    01-09-12 08:05 PM
    So to be clear since I have unlimited Canada on UMA, W-Fi is the new UMA and I don't use any cell minutes or pay long distance?
    Wi-Fi Calling is identical to UMA except there are no Wi-Fi/Tower handoffs. Leave Wi-Fi and any call in progress will drop. New in this release is a double beep alert if Wi-Fi strength wanes while you're on a Wi-Fi call.

01-09-12 08:09 PM
    The Wi-Fi Calling (ersatz UMA) acquisition seems really quick once Wi-Fi is established. In 7.1.0.190 it is almost simultaneous, within 1 second; in the 7.1.0.74 hybrid, the data icon fluttered on Wi-Fi for a few seconds before the Wi-Fi Calling icon was displayed. I don't think I've ever seen UMA acquisition this fast on any of my BBs.

Also I noticed a new T-Mo NameID caller ID app in this release that wasn't there in 7.1.0.74h. Makes me wonder if this 7.1.0.190 leak is destined for T-Mo US.

Anyone tested the 9810 WiFi calling on the Rogers network yet?
    01-09-12 08:17 PM
    ok so here i am... os 7.1.0.190 is the only one my computer... did run ccleaner... backed up device... have latest version of desktop software... umm restarted comp, restarted blackberry.. for whatever reason i am not able to get os 7.1.0.190 over to the desktop software. all it does is say theres no updates available. then i click other versions and it just shows the one im currently on. any advice/help? :/
    01-09-12 09:05 PM
    ok so here i am... os 7.1.0.190 is the only one my computer... did run ccleaner... backed up device... have latest version of desktop software... umm restarted comp, restarted blackberry.. for whatever reason i am not able to get os 7.1.0.190 over to the desktop software. all it does is say theres no updates available. then i click other versions and it just shows the one im currently on. any advice/help? :/
    I used AppLoader as opposed to desktop manager to upgrade.
    01-09-12 09:12 PM
    Tried to connect my ASUS tablet, redirected to T-Mo site. $35 extra per month for HotSpot and tethering. Not worth it to me; but hey, 7.1 works great and I got a new T-Mo app with the install: T-Mobile Name ID
    01-09-12 09:12 PM
    Try installing WITHOUT using Desktop Manager;

1) Go to C:\\Program files\Common files\Research in Motion\Apploader

2) Find the file Loader (it is an .exe file)

3) Launch loader - it should show your device PIN in the window - follow the prompts

Understand - Blackberry Desktop Manager is a GUI that actually uses loader.exe to do the installation to your device - Desktop Manager is "pretty", but sometimes causes problems - this is why we normally use loader to install new OSs and applications - give it a try . . .
    Mecca EL, KeNNethX, ALF_be and 1 others like this.
    01-09-12 09:17 PM
    i put C:\\Program files\Common files\Research in Motion\Apploader in the search bar after u click on the windows icon on the bottom left corner and it came up with nothing. is that where i search for it? or should it be another place?

or am i suppose to download some program called apploader? im sorry guys im very new to this but i do want the new ossss
    01-09-12 09:20 PM
    Once you're here: Click on it to open.or use BBH Tool
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-09-12 at 09:44 PM.
    01-09-12 09:34 PM
    Assuming you have downloaded and installed the 7.1 pack, go into file explorer and search for any files on your PC that are "vendor.xml". If it finds then, delete them.

Then - on your pc - go to c:\programfiles\commonfiles\researchinmotion\applo ader and inside the folder, look for "loader". Click on it. That should get you started....
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-09-12 09:35 PM
    This past week we saw the Bold 9900 get OS 7.1.0.190 dropped for all to use. The build so far as been said to be very good. Now, Torch 9810 users will be able to enjoy the same OS goodness.

Download Torch 9810 OS 7.1.0.190 from:

FileServe
    FileServe (Mirror 2)

Source: Leaked: BlackBerry Torch 9810 OS 7.1.0.190 | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

Uploading 9860 one too! Keep your micro USB cables ready!
    are u suppose to download both the one that says mirror and the first one? or is it just the exact same thing?
    01-09-12 09:39 PM
    Anyone tested the 9810 WiFi calling on the Rogers network yet?
    I have made several calls on Wi-Fi on Rogers. Only complaint of course is that unlike UMA there is no hand off between Wi-Fi and cell network during a call
    asherwiin likes this.
    01-09-12 09:42 PM
    are u suppose to download both the one that says mirror and the first one? or is it just the exact same thing?
    They are the same/identical files - just two different sources for them.

I am sorry but I have to say: since you are very unfamiliar with doing this, BE VERY CAREFUL.

Once the installation begins, DO NOT unplug your device until you get a message on your PC screen that it is safe to do so - unplugging your device prior to this will very probably brick your device - something you definitely do not want to happen.
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-09-12 09:53 PM
    They are the same/identical files - just two different sources for them.

I am sorry but I have to say: since you are very unfamiliar with doing this, BE VERY CAREFUL.

Once the installation begins, DO NOT unplug your device until you get a message on your PC screen that it is safe to do so - unplugging your device prior to this will very probably brick your device - something you definitely do not want to happen.
    yeah ik man i have os 2 on my playbook but it was waaaaaaaaay more simplier than this :/

ok sweeeet i found the loader. gotta delete the vendor file and then give it a go.

ok soo.. i did it and it didnt do anything? all it did was keep the same os on there even after i rebooted the phone.maybe i didnt do the apploader right?
    01-09-12 09:56 PM
    ok soo.. i did it and it didnt do anything? all it did was keep the same os on there even after i rebooted the phone.maybe i didnt do the apploader right?
    When you launched loader - did it show the new OS 7.1?
    01-09-12 10:42 PM
    no it just showed some apps that where on my phone at the time. should i try reinstalling os 7.1?

nope it just showed some apps that were on my phone already. should i try to reinstall 7.1?
    01-09-12 10:44 PM
    it's too bad that the “findings and fixes” thread has become a self-help thread for one user. If one person is having that much trouble then it should go to a separate thread or to PM's. There are a lot of threads on how to load an OS.
    And, as a side note to Blackberryyx5, you need to look for a second vendor.xml file in your hidden folders if your new OS is not being recognized by Apploader.exe.
    01-09-12 10:58 PM
    nope it just showed some apps that were on my phone already. should i try to reinstall 7.1?
    Sometimes there is a second vendor.xml file that gets put on your PC - if that is there, the new OS will not show up.

1) Go to folder options on your PC and select SHOW HIDDEN FOLDERS

2) In Windows Explorer, look under: C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML.

If you see another file named vendor.xml - delete it - then launch loader again and see if the OS shows up this time.
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 and ehard24 like this.
    01-09-12 11:04 PM
    error 507 while updating!! stuck on reconnecting to JVM

please help
    01-09-12 11:58 PM
372 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD