Hey Mecca - do you mean replacing the sfi in .190 with the sfi from .74?
    Replacing may be an option, but not worth it. Win some, lose some
    01-09-12 03:05 PM
    OS update with BELL working well. Hotspot working. H+/3G/2G switching working.
    01-09-12 03:36 PM
    Battery Pull (Alt + R-Shift + Del) very fast in under 2 minutes.
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-09-12 03:43 PM
    If anybody wants to get the code to go into the E-Screen i used this site and it worked Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best i put my 9810 on EDGE only which is Gera only for the complete walk through or instructions on how to do it check post #109 on page 8
    01-09-12 04:01 PM
    Anyone else having trouble getting the audio jack to work with this build? (7.1.0.190 on the 9810) Have done a bunch of battery pulls, doesn't seem to fix it, and it worked fine in .540 (my last OS before upgrade)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-12 04:05 PM
    ok so heres where im at. i got the link downloaded and it shows in the uninstaller when i go to control panel ect.... but yet it still will not show up on bb desktop software version 6! what gives? if any one can help me i would appreciate it very much. thanks :/

and yes i have not other os's that show up on the uninstaller control panel. so its the only os on the computer.
    01-09-12 04:30 PM
    ok so heres where im at. i got the link downloaded and it shows in the uninstaller when i go to control panel ect.... but yet it still will not show up on bb desktop software version 6! what gives? if any one can help me i would appreciate it very much. thanks :/
    Try this (I skip the Shrink-A-OS step). It used to appear in most leaked threads courtesy of Elite1:

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome.
    3.Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4.On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5.Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6.Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7.(Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8.On PC, navigate to
    �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9.(Optional) Run Shrink-A-OS.
    10.In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    01-09-12 04:47 PM
    omg!! its probs cuz im using chrome!!!!!!!!!!! lol lemme try ie 888888888888888888888
    01-09-12 04:52 PM
    Quick update on the mobile hotspot functionality:

It seems that it assumes a new SSID with every reboot of the phone. You can set a custom SSID, however it will not survive a restart, rather it reverts back to BlackBerry Mobile HotSpot xxxx (a 4 digit number that appears to be randomly generated each time the phone boots)

While not tragic, it is a pain in the arse to update every client device you want to use over and over.

Has any one else seen this behavior? Any thoughts for a fix?
    01-09-12 04:54 PM
    or at least i hope thats why lol
    01-09-12 04:59 PM
    Update went without a hitch. Hotspot is a no go as ATT requires 2 or 4g tethering plan with wif fi hotspot...
    01-09-12 05:08 PM
    There are 2 xml files that needs to be deleted
    01-09-12 05:11 PM
    what does this MEAN? lol how do i find these files to delete them? (:
    01-09-12 05:12 PM
    Try this and let me know if it works.

Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor isn't found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    01-09-12 05:20 PM
    Xml files do not need to be deleted on a leak, because the vendor files aren't carrier specific.
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 01-10-12 at 01:43 AM.
    01-09-12 05:20 PM
    no required for reg? I downloaded one and downloading another.

Click to view quoted image
    did you honestly download the file on your BB?

lol... that would have taken for ever
    01-09-12 05:28 PM
    Quick update on the mobile hotspot functionality:

It seems that it assumes a new SSID with every reboot of the phone. You can set a custom SSID, however it will not survive a restart, rather it reverts back to BlackBerry Mobile HotSpot xxxx (a 4 digit number that appears to be randomly generated each time the phone boots)

While not tragic, it is a pain in the arse to update every client device you want to use over and over.

Has any one else seen this behavior? Any thoughts for a fix?
    This particular thing is not the case for me. I've done battery pulls and it hasn't reverted back for me. sounds like an isolated issue.
    01-09-12 05:30 PM
    did you honestly download the file on your BB?

lol... that would have taken for ever

Not on 4g or wifi.......it goes pretty quick. I dl it while at work and upgrade once i get home.
    01-09-12 05:37 PM
    what does this MEAN? lol how do i find these files to delete them? (:
    The second is in (your user name on your PC), Show Hidden Files/folders, AppData, Roaming, Research In Motion, BlackBerry, Loader XML
    01-09-12 05:37 PM
    Anyone else having trouble getting the audio jack to work with this build? (7.1.0.190 on the 9810) Have done a bunch of battery pulls, doesn't seem to fix it, and it worked fine in .540 (my last OS before upgrade)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No problem playing music using headset.
    01-09-12 05:51 PM
    No problem playing music using headset.
    No issue here either playing via headset
    robertdusa likes this.
    01-09-12 06:00 PM
    Not on 4g or wifi.......it goes pretty quick. I dl it while at work and upgrade once i get home.
    Same here. I've actually downloaded a few GB files within 20mins.
    01-09-12 06:00 PM
    After 10 pages I hope we can get back to, ahem, findings. This has gotta be the first leak thread ever with no "my device is faster, snappier, browser so fast it connects before I hit a link, battery life lasts three months", etc.

I'll repeat my only finding - WiFi Music Sync is gone for me. Anyone else find any surprises?
    01-09-12 06:02 PM
    New feauture:

When phone is in bedside mode, you can now select alarm clock settings below clock (icon with clock + sign, allows to turn on and off).
    Altarocks likes this.
    01-09-12 06:14 PM
    Same here. I've actually downloaded a few GB files within 20mins.
    Did one battery pull, so far so good. Batter life seems as good as my last OS 7.0 OS install. No issues so far other than ATT screws us on the wifi hot spot feature.
    01-09-12 06:17 PM
372 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD