i have never found a battery meter that didnt seem to be more drain than monitor. Suggestion? I seem to be an overuser and would like to compare OSs.
    06-21-11 12:58 PM
    Two new text messages later...

Is anyone noticing that when you open texts from the notification bar it doesn't scroll all the way to the new text?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 01:25 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erigsby
    i dont use bbm, rarely play music, rarely use gps or any have any other heavy usage, so the battery needing charged every day was ridiculous to me.

why the **** do you have a BB then? LMAO
    why the **** do you have a BB then? LMAO
    dont use bbm because i dont know that many people with a blackberry and i have no use to talk to strangers, so theres one.
    rarely play music because i work full time and i cant concentrate with music and then i have kids to take care of, so i just dont have the time for music playing/listening/whatever.
    rarely use gps because i work from home... i dont need gps to find my living room, kitchen, etc. i do use it when im in an unfamiliar place, which isnt that often.

hope that helps answer your question as to why i have a BB. i like the phone... just because i dont use it to its capabilities at this point in my life doesnt mean i cant/wont ever.
    06-21-11 01:34 PM
    Had all sorts of problems with this one. Can't login to Twitter, tried several times, deleted and re-downloaded Twitter (shows some kind of Java error). Several battery pulls, can't get the browser to connect to anything.
    I have no problem with Twitter, or for that matter, any other apps. Also, no problem with browser. Some have said browser is faster, I don't see that. If you're having that many problems, it may be a bad install. It's happened to me in the past. I'd wipe and try to load it again.
    06-21-11 02:08 PM
    I think we should have a different forum for "experts" and "I use a berry"
    • nobody cares if you are going to download when you get home.
    • nobody wants to know if you should or shouldn't download
    • If you don't know if it will work on your device click "I use a berry" forum
    • If you don't know how to update your device with a leak or any other OS click "I use a berry" forum

we can all agree that its quite annoying when looking thru the threads for something useful and all you find is some crap.... so if you were offended ...
    then ....%$#@!#%
    06-21-11 02:14 PM
    This is a lot faster for me, but I still have the GPS problem with it not finding me indoors using apps like BerryWeather, GoogleMaps, My Places in FB, BB Protect, etc. All these worked before I upgraded to 576.
    If anything, the radio is weaker as it took ages to get data access. Plus it keeps coming and going. I've had this issue with .570 - in fact, I never had any internet access anywhere even when on full 3G.
    so basically there are no differences between .600 and .576
    06-21-11 02:24 PM
    I think we should have a different forum for "experts" and "I use a berry"
    • nobody cares if you are going to download when you get home.
    • nobody wants to know if you should or shouldn't download
    • If you don't know if it will work on your device click "I use a berry" forum
    • If you don't know how to update your device with a leak or any other OS click "I use a berry" forum

we can all agree that its quite annoying when looking thru the threads for something useful and all you find is some crap.... so if you were offended ...
    then ....%$#@!#%
    thank you. when this thread gets to 30 pages long and 25 pages of it are that bull****, it makes it worthless to even bother looking through here. what sucks is there will be useful information buried within that somewhere
    06-21-11 02:32 PM
    To all those that hate the "Downloading Now Users", here's a couple benefits that are offered as just quiet reflective food for thought:

- Yes, "downloading now" is annoying, but when I see a few of the posters that I have come to know and respect put out the "downloading now" message it makes me feel good about knowing about when I can return and see their findings. Not all of these particular users are on every leak, but you know who you are. So, thanks, and I'll make sure to search your name for your findings.

- "How do I upgrade my os?" - this too can be annoying, but over the years (by reading those posts) I have discovered tools and tips like: BBSAK, ShrinkOS, not needing to wipe anymore, etc etc.

Now back to this forum.....

Looks like the majority are reporting a good leak, but some old bugs are still there. No biggy. I'll upgrade later, because (ummm) I'm downloading now.

Cheers.

Last edited by Maxxberry; 06-21-11 at 02:39 PM.
    eshadiq and PhillyBurgh like this.
    06-21-11 02:36 PM
    Based on your comments and inputs here in this thread, I found out that there are no significant differences between .576 and .600. The speed, responsiveness, boot time and battery life, were all the same. So, for me, it is easily understood that why do I have to download/upgrade/test if I already know the outcome. If you want to know the real difference, its just the number.

Cheers!
    06-21-11 03:46 PM
    To all those that hate the "Downloading Now Users", here's a couple benefits that are offered as just quiet reflective food for thought:

- Yes, "downloading now" is annoying, but when I see a few of the posters that I have come to know and respect put out the "downloading now" message it makes me feel good about knowing about when I can return and see their findings. Not all of these particular users are on every leak, but you know who you are. So, thanks, and I'll make sure to search your name for your findings.

- "How do I upgrade my os?" - this too can be annoying, but over the years (by reading those posts) I have discovered tools and tips like: BBSAK, ShrinkOS, not needing to wipe anymore, etc etc.

Looks like the majority are reporting a good leak, but some old bugs are still there. No biggy. I'll upgrade later, because (ummm) I'm downloading now.

Cheers.

I appreciate ur post my man. I respect people who find the good in something rather than complaining about something they don't want/cant change. But since ur opinions welcome, I of course welcome theirs as well. I just started becoming more active in forums and just wanted to thank everyone for their input and to those sacrificing their time and effort so I canhave a better blackberry experience. Thanks!

kraski likes this.
    06-21-11 03:49 PM
    For those saying that the "downloading now" posts are useless, your posts complaing about that are as useless as theirs
    Back to the leak, so far didn't see any improvement from .576
    Still waiting a couple of days to report on battery life

06-21-11 05:18 PM
    Quick reminder- If you're using a BETA app, my last few upgrades overwrote the current version so you'll need to redownload them. If anyone knows how to prevent this, lemme know.

I use BBBoss before I load it up.
    06-21-11 05:51 PM
    Two new text messages later...

Is anyone noticing that when you open texts from the notification bar it doesn't scroll all the way to the new text?

This was an issue in an earlier os for me. The fix was to delete the thread (the whole txt convo in question) and open a new one, after that the scrolling worked fine. Remember the backup the messages if anything in that thread is important! Should work fine afterwards though unless something else is causing it now.

06-21-11 06:16 PM
    Has anyone else lost the ability to move icons/apps around in folders/trays?
    06-21-11 06:48 PM
    It is me only who LIKE i mean LIKE love this Build 6.0.0.600 ?? i wish some knowledgeable guy's who are good at Hybrids to hybridize(if this word exist) this build so much till it will be the perfect build Ever. even close to os7

Findings:
    Faster and snappier then previous
    Browser Looks like it improves 35% then 576
    As far as i seen the Middle Text thing when open a longer text is Gone!!
    When Download from APP World is much faster.
    Loading after Battery Pull Is Faster as well (now depends of your app to)
    Camera Looks like it improves the snap shot when you are on Flash(dark out)
    You tube is a bit slower on web browser (not the app)
    Issues:
    As far as i seen the battery looks like is draining a bit to fast then 337. I had the same issue with the 448, 570 and 576(hope some one will find a way to fix the battery)
    When i try to connect to WIFI it has a bit of an slow connecting is taking a longer time to connect to WIFI, (using Smart WIFI and with out It as well same issue i was thinking is the App Problem)
    Update twitter trough APP World and my device Freezes hmmmm maybe i was over using the phone. To many instal one after another. No Reboot after installing multiple apps .
    Update:1.0.0
    No the call screen using touch is NOT fixed.
    BBM it thinks 2sec before it open an conversation (BBM 5.0)
    Installed Beta no problem what so ever (BBM 6.0 = Awesomeness)
    Update1.0.1
    It is me or this Build 600. Forget to put the delete button for pictures and Videos. I cant delete the Files from my phone...Hmmm weird ?? i remember it was a delete option in my phone on 576.
    More to come if i found something unusual.

Thanks for reading, have and awesome finding and posting as well.

Last edited by UnknownError507; 06-27-11 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Add more Info
    henghs, jasmeeroberoi and vecharo like this.
    06-21-11 06:56 PM
    well, first off I got the blank screen after reboot ( u know the first time u press BB button to the menu screen.
    Second i have unstable 3g connection which i dont like.
    I guess, I will be stuck with .486. its the only os where I have a stable connection.
    I tried all .5xx version.
    Ugh!
    I'll give this few days more on my fon.
    06-21-11 07:38 PM
    I'm having the same issue as rcalderaro about the slow fix with the GPS. I have to be outside and not moving for a while, then I get the fix. Looks like the GPS radio is weaker than before. I'm rolling back to .570 (in .576 had the same issue), and will report any finds.
    06-21-11 07:40 PM
    draining the battery is 2 things... first the os must settle in. usually after a few days and about 4 battery pulls the drain will stop.

next, turn off sd card compression, repair it, then do the same for internal storage. follow that with another bp...
    06-21-11 07:41 PM

Cheers.

I myself have to agree with this so...I'm downloading now.
    06-21-11 07:43 PM
    u guys must have little experience with leaks to roll back so soon... had this for a while along with the hybrid. rocking load!
    Last edited by shansmi; 06-21-11 at 07:47 PM.
    06-21-11 07:45 PM
    I am getting some heat issues. Phone seems to be heating up even when not in use. Will monitor it through out the evening.
    06-21-11 09:16 PM
    so basically there are no differences between .600 and .576
    They didn't make 24 builds for nothing. Obviously there are differences but they may not be obvious like new features. Like any bug fix release, it may fix bugs you've never encountered personally.
    06-21-11 09:25 PM
    where there is heat there is battery drain. do a battery pull.
    06-21-11 09:26 PM
    I myself have to agree with this so...I'm downloading now.
    ... they call it "the happiness of doing nothing" or "La Dolce Far Niente"... or in English: "take it easy, man!" .... downloading...
    06-21-11 09:36 PM
    For those saying that the "downloading now" posts are useless, your posts complaing about that are as useless as theirs
    Back to the leak, so far didn't see any improvement from .576
    Still waiting a couple of days to report on battery life

Hahaha. well said my friend. (the part about the equally USELESS posts)

06-21-11 10:24 PM
225 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD